• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Jenga

Banned
btw for any rang players, I *think* you can punish a blocked juri pinwheel kick with your c.mk

follow up with the overhead special for love

hertog

Can't wait until this sound glitch is ever patched. I want to punish their spamming shoryukens with King's knees all day long.

Venfayth

btw for any rang players, I *think* you can punish a blocked juri pinwheel kick with your c.mk

follow up with the overhead special for love

If it's the light kick (just two hits, doesn't move very far) pinwheel you can only punish it if you're blocking while crouched. If you block it while standing it's only -2.

hertog

The order in which I hate characters in this game:

Sagat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ryu = Ken >> Hugo > Zangief > Heihachi > Kazuya

Grifter

"Any Julia players have a solid gameplan for approaching? I'm starting and all I know is fishing with c.MK for a cancel and looking for chances to cross-up to the jab, jab, MK/MP."

I do mountain crusher xx dash cancel party crasher or wind roll mixup.

Don't forget party crasher by itself has quite a long range and you can actually kara it for a even more range. f.mk gives a massive hit stun on counter hit (35 frames) and has decent range, so you can poke with that as well.

Do you start charging and cancel into the elbow? That's brilliant. Do you like the lunge punch from range to get in? I need to incorporate f+MK too.

When you tag her in, are you doing something better than f+MP > MK > c.HP > mountain crusher?

Jenga

Banned
I really need to sit and work with Hwoarang. Every time I fight against him I'm simply amazed.
You know who I'm not amazed with? Kazuya. I'm more amazed with someone good enough to block every brain dead mixup that asshole can shit out.

LowParry

Do you start charging and cancel into the elbow? That's brilliant. Do you like the lunge punch from range to get in? I need to incorporate f+MK too.

When you tag her in, are you doing something better than f+MP > MK > c.HP > mountain crusher?

Good question. What's a better option than that bnb tag in?

You know who I'm not amazed with? Kazuya. I'm more amazed with someone good enough to block every brain dead mixup that asshole can shit out.

Psh, that stuff is easy to block. Ask Rice Eater about that. lol

hertog

That's why I havo autoblock on, at least on Guile. It feels so scrubby, but man does it save a lot of your life. And since it's only activated once or twice each match I can live with the meterloss.

Jenga

Banned
Good question. What's a better option than that bnb tag in?

Psh, that stuff is easy to block. Ask Rice Eater about that. lol

Not when it's so laggy apparently the hk I saw hit him didn't register

I imagine if you can block online laggy kazuya you can take him on offline

TGMIII

I already stated that I meant the tier whoring thing in a more general sense, plus I don't agree with the tier list at all. Dudley is good but I would to see what puts him under people like yun or chun li, Urien is a very powerful character and I said in that post that most uriens I fight kick the shit out of me. BUT, the difference with them is that I was able to fight back but with this guy I wasn't. The point of my story was what he did AFTER the match, which you seemed to have completely missed. No where did I disrespect him, no where did I say I sent him a message calling him a tier-whoring bitch, I let him have his win and move on. You need to acknowledge that nothing is learned when a skill gap is that great. I didn't ragequit, I acknowledged his skill and accepted the loss, there's a difference..

You keep going back to this whole "tier whoring" thing, If you're going to tier whore you can pick other MUCH easier characters to play as. Seems to me like you're happy playing people of equal or less skill but when it comes to someone better you don't want to know.

Also that tier list is 10 years in the making with input from some of the best players in the world at 3s. Your opinion of it literally means nothing because you're completely wrong. Call me out on being another FGC dick but it's the truth.

Regarding the DLC I guess I'm ok with the pricing, realistically it should be free but since we're in the DLC age I guess it's the best we'll get.

"Do you start charging and cancel into the elbow? That's brilliant. Do you like the lunge punch from range to get in? I need to incorporate f+MK too."

Yep, the elbow comes out during dash frames, so you don't have to dash cancel it and then do elbow, you simply do elbow and it comes out instantly.

Lunge punch can be safe if spaced right, but I don't use it much outside of combos myself).

"When you tag her in, are you doing something better than f+MP > MK > c.HP > mountain crusher?"

The tag combo I use is f.mp, lp > c.mk > dp+hk. Leaves you right next to them on wake up. I like yours, though. I might take it and just add the dp at the end.

LowParry

Not when it's so laggy apparently the hk I saw hit him didn't register

I imagine if you can block online laggy kazuya you can take him on offline

Possibly. I mean when I see his target combos come out, I just know when and where to block them. My main game is Tekken so I suppose seeing his animation cues me know where to block all the time. Though the thing is, the few Kaz players online I've played hardly ever use his target combos. LP > MP > MK > LK or LK > LP > MP > LK types.

"I don't use her lunge in combos, do you prefer that for oki?"

I find myself using lunge very little in combos. IIRC, HP DP+k does more damage and leaves you in pretty much the same positioning.

laaame

Why doesn't SRK put their podcasts on itunes? Am I missing something? Good lord.

Couldn't you just go to SRK's site, click on the link that says 'Subscribe to the show', and then copy the url into Itunes?

I recently did that and I have gotten the last 2 shows on my Itunes feed. It seems like the only way to do it since the actual show's Itunes page feed hasn't been updated for a while now.

vg260

So, are ALL the gems going to be free?

Feeling pretty burned on the CE purchase. Maybe those will be the only pay ones. (and probably made obsolete by the others)

$20 for 12 characters is a fair price. I believe we would not have been getting them if not made to be DLC. So i'm ok with that. I'd rather have the option than not. The wait sucks though.

BHK3

Banned
You keep going back to this whole "tier whoring" thing, If you're going to tier whore you can pick other MUCH easier characters to play as. Seems to me like you're happy playing people of equal or less skill but when it comes to someone better you don't want to know.

Also that tier list is 10 years in the making with input from some of the best players in the world at 3s. Your opinion of it literally means nothing because you're completely wrong. Call me out on being another FGC dick but it's the truth.

Regarding the DLC I guess I'm ok with the pricing, realistically it should be free but since we're in the DLC age I guess it's the best we'll get.
Topics over and done with dude, you're missing the point as well. Sean is the lowest tier yet I've seen people be good with him enough to think he's C tier, It's impossible for my opinion to mean nothing since it's an opinion.

So, are ALL the gems going to be free?

Feeling pretty burned on the CE purchase. Maybe those will be the only pay ones. (and probably made obsolete by the others)

I believe it's gonna be a different gem set, it seems too soon to release the DLC gems to the public.

FeD.nL

The game is finally starting to click with me, and all I had to do was switch my characters with each other and some gems.

Running Raven/Kazuya now

LegatoB

The point of my story was what he did AFTER the match, which you seemed to have completely missed. No where did I disrespect him, no where did I say I sent him a message calling him a tier-whoring bitch, I let him have his win and move on. You need to acknowledge that nothing is learned when a skill gap is that great. I didn't ragequit, I acknowledged his skill and accepted the loss, there's a difference.
You stopped playing during the match because you were too frustrated with the skill gap. That's rude and disrespectful. It is the same as if you simply quit the match right then and there. Imagine if you did the same thing when playing with friends in real life, if you just put down the controller and walked off when you decided it was "hopeless." What makes that any less of a temper tantrum when you do it in online play?

Successful fighting game players play to win, but most of them want to earn their win; they don't want someone to just give up. That's no fun for you and it's no fun for them, either. If you can't handle getting outmatched gracefully, you should find a group of players who are close to your own skill level, online or off, and stick to them rather than braving random matches online. Everyone will enjoy the game more that way.

Jenga

Banned
i threw on the auto throw and auto block gems to see what would happen

basically, they make a good defence even better

it's pretty funny

SUPARSTARX

setting up Lei's stance attacks are confusing. I'm going out on a limb to say a lot of these are not useful in the general sense. j.MK decent cross up, j.HK hits like Hakan's j.HK. Bunch of stanced sweeps/lows, two overheads in drunken stance. I want to learn this guy but it's hella discouraging so far

Grifter

"I don't use her lunge in combos, do you prefer that for oki?"

I find myself using lunge very little in combos. IIRC, HP DP+k does more damage and leaves you in pretty much the same positioning.

I need to figure out when dp+HK fully hits. Do you go for a basic BNB off jabs? I've been testing both b+MP... or c.HP...

BHK3

Banned
setting up Lei's stance attacks are confusing. I'm going out on a limb to say a lot of these are not useful in the general sense. j.MK decent cross up, j.HK hits like Hakan's j.HK. Bunch of stanced sweeps/lows, two overheads in drunken stance. I want to learn this guy but it's hella discouraging so far
Is Drunk his only stance? What I've seen looks like Capcom based his entire character in the game on that one stance.
You stopped playing during the match because you were too frustrated with the skill gap. That's rude and disrespectful. It is the same as if you simply quit the match right then and there. Imagine if you did the same thing when playing with friends in real life, if you just put down the controller and walked off when you decided it was "hopeless." What makes that any less of a temper tantrum when you do it in online play?

Successful fighting game players play to win, but most of them want to earn their win; they don't want someone to just give up. That's no fun for you and it's no fun for them, either. If you can't handle getting outmatched gracefully, you should find a group of players who are close to your own skill level, online or off, and stick to them rather than braving random matches online. Everyone will enjoy the game more that way.
You're still missing the point and this is going nowhere. I wouldn't want to fight a guy 100x better then me at a game, I'm not getting better and am just a bot compared to him. In real life I simply wouldn't play that friend, the difference is I didn't throw a temper tantrum and complain he was better then me and he's a cheap player.

They will cost something. Probably not a lot.
I wanna say 50/50 on them being cheap.

Grifter

For the gems that require you to hit a launcher, wouldn't your partner get tagged in and cause your gem timer to burn on the sidelines?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I lost against a guy in 3rd strike a few months back named StreetFighterGod. He was a urien player and I quickly knew I wasn't going to win against him so I just stood there motionless and took the loss. I know some will argue telling me to fight back but I'm not gonna fight a tier-whore, maybe he actually liked urien but I don't and every urien I fight kicks my ass pretty easily, plus you don't register that kind of name unless you have some sort of skill.

After the match he sent me a message calling me an asshole and everything that was wrong with the FGC. I asked what I did wrong and he lectured me about fighting back, gave examples like "you don't play football if you know you're gonna lose, you have to tough through it sometimes" or some garbage nonsense like that. What Aris said is right, I don't like it but I stuck with the FGC because I like the games, even though the community nearly drove me out when I was just getting in. There is something seriously wrong if the best way to play a games multiplayer, is with friends because this kind of shit doesn't happen. Driving people away, hating new players just because and basically being negative about everything they do is borderline retarded.
How did i miss this post.

But BHK3 you are the community you are the FGC. So if you want a better FGC you need to step up your attitude.
* Hugs FGC brother BHK3 *

Cant wait to play later, havent played in a few days because of work.

$20 for the 12 characters is a good deal, also I really hope that tournament patch is a solid solution to fast gems, I think gems add a lot in this game and take away some of the strategy and creativeness.

"I need to figure out when dp+HK fully hits. Do you go for a basic BNB off jabs? I've been testing both b+MP... or c.HP..."

Yeah, off crouching jabs I'll do either b+mp into a combo or try a wind roll mixup or try and get a counter hit with qcb+p dash cancel party crasher. You can also combo a party crasher after c.hp with the dash cancel thing and then go into chain launcher or chain into EX dash cancel party crasher (which gives counter hit, shout outs to that Tragic combo video) and after that you can do a ton of things. Mountain Crusher chain into whatever, b+mp into whatever, etc. but of course scaling will start to get pretty high.

BHK3

Banned
How did i miss this post.

But BHK3 you are the community you are the FGC. So if you want a better FGC you nned to step up your attitude.
* Hugs FGC brother BHK3 *
Not...sure...if serious...
*hugs back?*
He has about seven stances.

I have documented notes and details on Lei for my own use and whoever else is interested in using him upon official release or whatever.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ahxx4sA4_qa3dE12dlJZWDR3dFlfM19YYXZpTjllWkE#gid=0

Oh cool, I wondered because I see him in the snake stance usually but then he's wobbling around and his super is drunk-like.

zlatko

Banned
Cant wait to play later, havent played in a few days because of work.

$20 for the 12 characters is a good deal, also I really hope that tournament patch is a solid solution to fast gems, I think gems add a lot in this game and take away some of the strategy and creativeness.

I hope to get enough time this weekend to step up my Paul game so that I can get myself a more succesful win ration online with him and Kazuya.

Not sure if I'll grind an endless lobby or ranked though.

I wonder if anyone will go so far as to memorizing some of the gem numbers and what activation conditions they have since you will be able to select them during character selection. It would certainly help a match to some extent to know what the triggers are, but damn there are so many gems.

I think in the long run there will probably be a pool of about 20 gems that are clearly better than the rest (no one is going to use "connect with 1 launcher" gems), so it shouldn't be too hard to remember which gems are which.

zlatko

Banned
I wonder if anyone will go so far as to memorizing some of the gem numbers and what activation conditions they have since you will be able to select them during character selection. It would certainly help a match to some extent to know what the triggers are, but damn there are so many gems.

I think in the long run there will probably be a pool of about 20 gems that are clearly better than the rest (no one is going to use "connect with 1 launcher" gems), so it shouldn't be too hard to remember which gems are which.

It'll probably come down to the 20 gems scenario. Some of them are pretty shitty, and better ones will just naturally occur.

Right now for my attack gems, 1, 3, and 8 are the ones I stick with, but I may mess around with it a bit more because my goal is to not have all 3 activate at once. I like to have one happen for about 7 seconds, the second come in after that, and the last one to hopefully stack up with the 2nd one again until it burns out on its own, that way I'm sitting at 10-20% boost for a solid half of the match.

Vice

Is Drunk his only stance? What I've seen looks like Capcom based his entire character in the game on that one stance.

You're still missing the point and this is going nowhere. I wouldn't want to fight a guy 100x better then me at a game, I'm not getting better and am just a bot compared to him. In real life I simply wouldn't play that friend, the difference is I didn't throw a temper tantrum and complain he was better then me and he's a cheap player.

I wanna say 50/50 on them being cheap.

You learn lots from getting bodied by better players. I get my ass handed to me by the same guy during every weekly I go to and he's much better than me but I find new holes in my game or something new about spacing or move properties every time.

I hope the DLC characters already come with their alts like Jill & Shuma did. And still sticking with the fall release for them huh? :/

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I hope the DLC characters already come with their alts like Jill & Shuma did. And still sticking with the fall release for them huh? :/

Their hands are tied on that. I'm sure there is a legally binding document that says the Vita gets the characters first. Blame the Vita/Sony

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I lost against a guy in 3rd strike a few months back named StreetFighterGod. He was a urien player and I quickly knew I wasn't going to win against him so I just stood there motionless and took the loss. I know some will argue telling me to fight back but I'm not gonna fight a tier-whore, maybe he actually liked urien but I don't and every urien I fight kicks my ass pretty easily, plus you don't register that kind of name unless you have some sort of skill.
This is one of the saddest things I've read in a while. You know how many ass-kickings my Hugo has suffered?? Playing on GGPO especially. But you do get better taking the losses believe it or not and if you manage just one win--damn does it feel good. I've never been intimidated by someone's skill enough to just give up.

Grifter

"I need to figure out when dp+HK fully hits. Do you go for a basic BNB off jabs? I've been testing both b+MP... or c.HP..."

Yeah, off crouching jabs I'll do either b+mp into a combo or try a wind roll mixup or try and get a counter hit with qcb+p dash cancel party crasher. You can also combo a party crasher after c.hp with the dash cancel thing and then go into chain launcher or chain into EX dash cancel party crasher (which gives counter hit, shout outs to that Tragic combo video) and after that you can do a ton of things. Mountain Crusher chain into whatever, b+mp into whatever, etc. but of course scaling will start to get pretty high.

The possibilities are endless! Thanks, dash cancelled counter elbow sounds sick. Need to see if I can do jab, jab, c.HP, EX crasher with MP+HP, then take my finger off only MP and keep the charge going while freeing the button for elbow. I did not feel like learning those techniques for Zero.

Novid

Banned
im gonna be playing for a few more weeks but im moving back to the other fighters more. maybe ill come back to futanari-sama once in a while before fall comes round but the game will be long since stale and the vita version is the true version of the game. doubt ill pay for the DLC.

watch, Sony gonna annouse a MonHun Vita and Capcom gives vita life back in Japan. you watch. This was all part of the plot. Good Move Sony... say nothing and be the real winners. MS still have a whole lot to learn how to grease them hands.

Ken

Yay! I finally did Asuka's s.HK into her upkick. Now I have new hope that I might not be a total scrub at this game.

Top Bottom