• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Heads up to NYC GAF. I've made some calls and there's a particular spot that's always been kind to us that will have it soon, as in today or tomorrow hopefully.

I'll post when they're sure about their shipment.

URLEYYYYY

Nice. I called in to the usuals and they keep telling me Friday-Monday but no sure answer.

Can you shoot a PM about it if it comes today? I think it might be the store I'm thinking but not sure.

How come Sephi got banned?

Sexual Assault thread took his GAF life away.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
No shipping notifications from the Capcom shop for me. ;_;

Canceling orders from them sucks, but it's Amazon for me if they can't get it out URLEY.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
He died fighting for our rights in the cross assault thread. Not sure if I should pick up this game. hm.

Give in. You know you're gonna buy it. Everybody saying they won't is gonna end up getting it. :p

he got downed in the Sexual Assault minefield topic. He was trying to warn people about the bannings in the other topic or something.

Specifically, he kept posting about how it was too dangerous to post in the thread, and occasionally warning people to bail out before it was too late. I guess the lesson to take from that is to post in good faith.

Anyway, the sudden change of heart about the game from some posters here (as well as other people I know irl) has made me more interested. I was under the impression that half of what was put into the game was just thrown in to see what would stick. I still don't like the oil motif, but if the game's mechanics actually gel together I could see myself putting some time into it.

Horseress

Specifically, he kept posting about how it was too dangerous to post in the thread, and occasionally warning people to bail out before it was too late. I guess the lesson to take from that is to post in good faith..

Long story short, Sephi is FightingGaf's Jesus

B00TE

So jealous of people getting early copies. Pretty much impossible here in New Hampshire, and it's probably too late to order from any place that might be shipping out fast enough to get it this weekend/Monday.

Heads up to NYC GAF. I've made some calls and there's a particular spot that's always been kind to us that will have it soon, as in today or tomorrow hopefully.

URLEYYYYY

Could I get a PM with some info as well? A friend is probably going to shoot for the urley copy.

Stantron

Got the special edition pre-ordered at Amazon with release day delivery. Super excited for the 2 vs 2 modes.

DRE Fei

I wasn't excited about the game a few months ago, but after seeing much more of the game in action my mind has changed especially after the cross assault show. I'm really impressed with how they've integrated the Tekken characters. This should keep me busy until final showdown comes out this summer.

Hopefully I can get my URRRRLEEY copy today. I'm just waiting for a call back in an hour.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
So simple combos = no purchase? I'm not understanding. lol

Yes, I'm talking about the simple L, M, H, launch, tag, L, M, H stuff in the beginning - and believe it or not, not everyone likes simple games.

lol.

Man this game only has simple combos.

/watches combos that aren't simple.

NOPE I'VE ALREADY MADE UP MY MIND!

Speaking of simple.

I'm so sorry that I'm not digging the game in so many aspects including the most vital one. So sorry.

Stantron

I can't get release date delivery, and I have prime ._.

Really? I only ordered it a couple days ago. Default shipping was free but took a few days. 3-5 days was about $5, and next day was about $7, IIRC. But if you choose the very bottom option, release day delivery... only $0.99. It doesn't even make sense because it's both quicker and cheaper. I'm not even a Prime member.

Skilletor

I'm so sorry that I'm not digging the game in so many aspects including the most vital one. So sorry.

I find it funny that you pretty much said, "The simple combos turned me off of the game even though I've seen that more complex stuff is possible."

You do you, dawg.

d0c_zaius

Yes, I'm talking about the simple L, M, H, launch, tag, L, M, H stuff in the beginning - and believe it or not, not everyone likes simple games.

Speaking of simple.

damn dude you need some relax drink. well maybe not relax drink, but anti-sarcasm drink.

#1 - it takes maybe 2 seconds of research to see combos that aren't LMH blah blah.
#2 - you realize Skill was saying your logic makes no sense because you've admitted to seeing evidence that is contrary to your concerns.

Believe it or not, not everyone likes simple games? lol

Venfayth

Really? I only ordered it a couple days ago. Default shipping was free but took a few days. 3-5 days was about $5, and next day was about $7, IIRC. But if you choose the very bottom option, release day delivery... only $0.99. It doesn't even make sense because it's both quicker and cheaper. I'm not even a Prime member.

Yeah I checked the shipping options available, best option is 1 day delivery, and the target delivery date is the 8th :(

Oh well.

notworksafe

Yeah I checked the shipping options available, best option is 1 day delivery, and the target delivery date is the 8th :(

Oh well.

If it's PS3 special edition, that one isn't being offered for release date delivery because of stock reasons. Every other SKU has release date delivery.

ShinAmano

Said it before...will say it again. If anyone in Richmond VA can snag early copies...grab 2...1 for me and 1 for you. I will spot your copy! Offer expires tomorrow at midnight.

Skilletor

damn dude you need some relax drink. well maybe not relax drink, but anti-sarcasm drink.

#1 - it takes maybe 2 seconds of research to see combos that aren't LMH blah blah.
#2 - you realize Skill was saying your logic makes no sense because you've admitted to seeing evidence that is contrary to your concerns.

Who are you digging in the game?

SUPARSTARX

There is a lot of ignorant thinking toward this game but you can't blame them. Let the majors show them.

Simple combos are a poor argument. If you play marvel the game is more than the magic series combos.

d0c_zaius

Who are you digging in the game?

Well I've spent almost all my time with it specifically with Tekken characters (except some Hugo, Poison, Rolento and Abel).

In general I think the Tekken side will have a starting advantage based on how different they are vs. SF4 style characters, along with 2D fighting characters in general. Its interesting/confusing at the same time to have stuff work exactly like tekken (like Kings kick to DDT), vs other stuff not working like tekken at all (kings diving elbow causing a ground bounce).

I keep trying to use King but he seems hard to play as a traditional 2D grappler. I've played King in all tekkens and am familiar with his rolling death cradle and other moves, and it just feels really different.

Marduk on the other hand is just naturally awesome with his armor properties, weird normals and super quick starting command grab and AA grab. I don't use the wall bounce ex tackle as much as Mike Ross does, but I can see it being really good.

Poison is someone I want to be good with, but its really difficult. She has nice range with her pokes and interesting projectile properties, but her AA kick is weird and her flip kick from final fight seems not to useful right now.

Abel is nice and easy mode, for anyone looking for a familiar anchor when trying to remain competitive while learning a new character.

Kazuya and Ogre seem like the characters that will really push out some intimidating set ups and damage. But I cant speak about them technically as I just random it out with them. I do wish Kazyua felt more like his tekken version though.

d0c_zaius

Nice nice. I plan on using all ninjas and lots of Tekken characters. Jin and Law are sounding smexy right now.

Law seems good (in an annoying way). Jin is just weird. I think my entire time of messing with him, I found maybe one or two things that felt like Tekken Jin.

Raven is another one that will take some adjustment. I tried doing stuff I saw on Cross Assault and it wasn't nearly that easy to guess the timing.

I really hope Yoshimitsu can become a competitive character because he adds a lot of hype and entertainment to the fights. I'm not really much of an Ibuki SSF4 player, but she feels pretty similar with what feels like some timing changes.

SoulFist

Deciding who to play in this game is going to be hard, simply because how awesome all the characters look. I can name at least 20 characters I'm very interested in playing. I know Kazuya is a lock, but I'm sure that will change when I get my hands on the game and can try out everyone.

Really excited for this game. I've been getting back into fighting games recently and not sure if I should replace my SF4 SE sticks parts with Sanwa parts or just invest in a TE stick. Will I notice much of a difference with a TE stick? What other benefits would I be getting other than the added weight and better build quality?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Im back in MD for a few hours. I know tha places. Will check by on my way back home to PA.

Any MD people got that urley?

Ill be sure to check the regular spots. If you know the places you know the places.

Moofers

So yesterday was the last day for pre-ordering the Special Edition at Gamestop. I'm a day late! Traded in some shit for it, so I'm really hoping one of the locations around here will get an extra.

They never miss an opportunity to scold you for not pre-ordering sooner. *rolleyes*

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Speaking of simple.

The game has never looked simple if you had an idea what to look for in the first place. Is sf4 simple based on early gameplay footage of it?

Hell that's like calling marvel simple.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I find it funny that you pretty much said, "The simple combos turned me off of the game even though I've seen that more complex stuff is possible."

You do you, dawg.

Yes, AFTER I was already turned off from the game. I'm talking about the days when people first got their hands on the game of course.

This is getting way more attention than it actually deserves - you enjoy playing the game, and I'll pass on it - "simple" as that.

That's nice that you came to his rescue and all, but I don't even know why you'd even think I was mad - I didn't even think my post was anything to even get riled up about.

Again, the game turned me off months ago, long before Cross Assault redeemed it. I haven't been feeling the game, and you guys do - let's just leave it at that.

I'll definitely check out tournaments to see the technology that others came up with after spending time in the lab though.

The game has never looked simple if you had an idea what to look for in the first place. Is sf4 simple based on early gameplay footage of it?

Hell that's like calling marvel simple.

That, and many other things I didn't dig about the game, like the visuals, characters and costumes locked away as DLC off the bat yet again, the gems, etc.

URLEYYYYY

can you pm me the place?

Skilletor

Yes, AFTER I was already turned off from the game. I'm talking about the days when people first got their hands on the game of course.

This is getting way more attention than it actually deserves - you enjoy playing the game, and I'll pass on it - "simple" as that.

I don't think the game looks good, actually. But I'm going to play it before passing judgment. Just think your comment was silly. It's a message board. You posted, I responded.

Top Bottom