• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Elixist

taric_the_gem_knight.jpg

"Truly, truly outrageous" Was I already beaten? Wat do I win?

""Truly, truly outrageous" Was I already beaten? Wat do I win?"

You don't win, that's not the reference. Taric is referencing the reference, though.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
sephi22 response(Thanks buddy!) :

Megaman and Pacman:
Can't get them to work. Went to network mode and Store. There's nothing about them in the manual. They're greyed out in the char select screen.
My UAE/PAL copy can't communicate with the US Store. Tried with a UAE account. The store menu opened but there are no items there yet. Megaman and Pacman still locked. Might have to wait till official release date.

Arcade Mode and Endings:
Played with a canon team (Hugo/Poison). Arcade mode format is this:
Filler Battles
Rival Battle
Boss Team Battle
Single Boss Battle
Ending (Maybe only for canon teams)
Credits
Text Epilogue ('Where are they now?')
Thank you for Playing screen.

Canon teammates have conversations (text) at the win screen in arcade mode. Rival Battle for Hugo/Poison was Steve/Hwoarang. In-game cutscene pre-battle SFIV style.
After Rival battle was boss battle. Opponents were Jin/Ling Xiaoyu both in Pandora mode. Background music was Jin's stage theme from Tekken 3 remixed.
After Jin/Xioyu was Ogre as Final boss. Stage was Pandora's Box. Ogre had no teammate.
Endings are fully animated in the artstyle of the trailer, like Ono tweeted. Hugo/Poison's ending was okay. Nothing special.
Skipping credits leads to an epilogue where the narrator describes what happened to the fighters. It was the same as the ending. I believe for non-canon teams, there's no animated ending, but two of these text epilogues instead.

Network Mode:
Almost same as SSFIV. Network battle has 3 options:
Online mode
Replay Channel
Rankings

Going to Online mode shows the following menu:
http://i.imgur.com/rvFSq.jpg
Partner settings lets you search or invite a partner. I believe Briefing room becomes selectable when you have another player in your party.

Patches:
No patch as of yet.

Horseress

sephi22 response(Thanks buddy!) :

Megaman and Pacman:
Can't get them to work. Went to network mode and Store. There's nothing about them in the manual. They're greyed out in the char select screen.
My UAE/PAL copy can't communicate with the US Store. Tried with a UAE account. The store menu opened but there are no items there yet. Megaman and Pacman still locked. Might have to wait till official release date.

Arcade Mode and Endings:
Played with a canon team (Hugo/Poison). Arcade mode format is this:
Filler Battles
Rival Battle
Boss Team Battle
Single Boss Battle
Ending (Maybe only for canon teams)
Credits
Text Epilogue ('Where are they now?')
Thank you for Playing screen.

Canon teammates have conversations (text) at the win screen in arcade mode. Rival Battle for Hugo/Poison was Steve/Hwoarang. In-game cutscene pre-battle SFIV style.
After Rival battle was boss battle. Opponents were Jin/Ling Xiaoyu both in Pandora mode. Background music was Jin's stage theme from Tekken 3 remixed.
After Jin/Xioyu was Ogre as Final boss. Stage was Pandora's Box. Ogre had no teammate.
Endings are fully animated in the artstyle of the trailer, like Ono tweeted. Hugo/Poison's ending was okay. Nothing special.
Skipping credits leads to an epilogue where the narrator describes what happened to the fighters. It was the same as the ending. I believe for non-canon teams, there's no animated ending, but two of these text epilogues instead.

Network Mode:
Almost same as SSFIV. Network battle has 3 options:
Online mode
Replay Channel
Rankings

Going to Online mode shows the following menu:
http://i.imgur.com/rvFSq.jpg
Partner settings lets you search or invite a partner. I believe Briefing room becomes selectable when you have another player in your party.

Patches:
No patch as of yet.

DAT URLEY COPY!!!

But no Megaman makes me a sad panda =/

h3ro

Heads up to NYC GAF. I've made some calls and there's a particular spot that's always been kind to us that will have it soon, as in today or tomorrow hopefully.

I'll post when they're sure about their shipment.

URLEYYYYY

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Heads up to NYC GAF. I've made some calls and there's a particular spot that's always been kind to us that will have it soon, as in today or tomorrow hopefully.

I'll post when they're sure about their shipment.

URLEYYYYY

Can you PM me the name of the store? I think I know which one it is, but I would just like some confirmation.

kitzkozan

It seems a lot of top player are starting to say that this is the best Capcom fighting game since CvS 2 or 3rd strike. Which suddenly seems freaking strange to me since:

1) Isn't Ono a clueless moron who's only epic skill is actually trolling and generating hype via doubtful tactics? :p

2) The team behind SFIV made a solid addition to the series, but the biggest flaws were probably the fact that it's the most restrictive and slowest paced as well. Just didn't have the speed of SFII turbo along with slow footsies, numerous 1 frame link combos, continually using jabs to start offensive momentum, safe uppercut with FADC and the damage scaling meant that long and creative combos were almost useless. It also didn't really push the series forward or in interesting direction like SFIII.

Based on that, you don't really expect them to knock this project out of the park.

So if Ono and his team actually pulled it off, good for them. They could perhaps be able to pull off a new Darkstalker after all. :]

zlatko

Banned
Sephi22, our trap card banned victim with the urley copy, is spectating in? It was confirmed by Ono, but I'd like a double confirm by someone who has the game.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
It seems a lot of top player are starting to say that this is the best Capcom fighting game since CvS 2 or 3rd strike. Which suddenly seems freaking strange to me since:

1) Isn't Ono a clueless moron who's only epic skill is actually trolling and generating hype via doubtful tactics? :p

2) The team behind SFIV made a solid addition to the series, but the biggest flaws were probably the fact that it's the most restrictive and slowest paced as well. Just didn't have the speed of SFII turbo along with slow footsies, numerous 1 frame link combos, continually using jabs to start offensive momentum, safe uppercut with FADC and the damage scaling meant that long and creative combos were almost useless. It also didn't really push the series forward or in interesting direction like SFIII.

Based on that, you don't really expect them to knock this project out of the park.

So if Ono and his team actually pulled it off, good for them. They could perhaps be able to pull off a new Darkstalker after all. :]

I remarked in another thread: this game is basically version 2.0 of the SFIV team's take on doing Street Fighter in 2.5d. A lot of people dismissed it as an "expansion pack" and assumed it was just like SFIV but with Tekken characters shoe-horned in. But it seems that it is a different game under the hood, regardless of SFIV models being imported for the SF cast.

SFIV is a damned good first attempt for reinventing SF in such an engine. Based on what I've read about SFxT impressions, the game may have achieved the magic balance that pulls it all together.

Makes the gargantuan amount of trolling the game receives on sites like SRK even funnier in that light.

"Based on that, you don't really expect them to knock this project out of the park. "

Maybe *you* don't, I don't expect games known to have different mechanics from a team's previous game to have the same flaws as said previous game.

Also, I really wish people would stop bringing up 1-frame links like no other capcom fighting game has ever had links or plentiful combos with difficult execution and timing.

Pandanaut

I've looked back to no avail but does anyone have any photos of the stuff in the special edition?

I don't care that much about the gems but I was wondering if the bank thing was halfway decent and if the game came in an actual case (the images seem to show it in a sleeve)?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I know what you mean. I think I've just settled on the idea that I can only transition between SF and Tekken. Marvel? Can't. Blazblue? FML. Soul Calibur I can get away with but geez. This game is still going to feel like SF. I'll probably only play Vega and Bison on the SF side and learn the Tekken characters.

Exactly. It makes me feel terrible sometimes. I was so mindfucked after a year with Lambda and BB speed that I didn't even know how to play SSFIV without a character that could control at least 70% of the screen.

The button mapping though... I'm going to give it a go, only because Asuka deserves that much.

hertog

I'm really confused. Official release date is still march 9, but I've a lot of rumors that some shops will get their copies next monday

Tizoc

How slow do u drive? isnt oman a couple of hours away? Game street closes late. I was thinking of driving.now to.get.it.(1 hr) but im horizontal on my couch.. :/

Muscat to Dubai is 6-8 hours, and I'm not much of a speedy driver XD.
Well if you get it hope you enjoy it =D

Wonder if anyone with the 360 ver. will do some data checking in the next few days...

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
So guess who also got an early copy of SFxT?
Mike 'URLEY' Ross

Also-
http://shoryuken.com/2012/03/01/str...xhibition-matches-jago-vs-mike-ross-and-more/

Friend of mine who part-owns the store where I always get my games early JUST came online with it.

So if I actually wanted the game I'd have it right now too, but I was already turned off from the early simple combo videos, and even though I dig the combos I saw at Cross Assault, and even a couple characters, the damage was already done.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The SFxT guide is top notch as the UMvC3 and SC5 guides?
Gonna try to get my brother to buy it. * Crosses fingers *

LowParry

So if I actually wanted the game I'd have it right now too, but I was already turned off from the early simple combo videos, and even though I dig the combos I saw at Cross Assault, and even a couple characters, the damage was already done.

So simple combos = no purchase? I'm not understanding. lol

seems odd that the game has not leaked to the internet yet with so many people getting early copies. my friend got his review copy and i might head over tonight and play a few rounds. i'm excited.

notworksafe

Jealous of everyone playing it early. Still no word from local shops here. :( Vanilla Marvel and MK showed up early though...so I'm holding out hope!

Skilletor

Friend of mine who part-owns the store where I always get my games early JUST came online with it.

lol.

Man this game only has simple combos.

/watches combos that aren't simple.

NOPE I'VE ALREADY MADE UP MY MIND!

For some reason all of my usual "urley" hotspots that im calling today are acting very strange about this game, like i can almost hear peoples eyes shifting back and forth as they say they don't know or that they are getting it on the 6th

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So simple combos = no purchase? I'm not understanding. lol

The combos in this game are more complex than SF4 I think he's just derping over the chain combo system part of everything.

SF4 is a very solid game, the entire plan of it was to rope in all the people that quit in the first place over time. So doing it SFII style was the best way. After they got everyone back and with a system that's still more complex than SFII to ease the olds back into more modern fighter mechanics, now that that time has passed they are now stepping up and going back to alpha/cvs/3rd strike era capcom fighter mentality

d0c_zaius

The combos in this game are more complex than SF4 I think he's just derping over the chain combo system part of everything.

yea its easy at first to get to used to performing chain combos and missing stuff, making it look pretty bobo. I also thought charge supers were dumb at first.

I was wrong.

Top Bottom