• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Moofers

Are Special Edition gems going to be allowed in tournaments?

I'd assume so since the only person that would need to own them would be the tournament organizer. I think it'd be more likely that they would just be disabled altogether though.

d0c_zaius

That's nice that you came to his rescue and all, but I don't even know why you'd even think I was mad - I didn't even think my post was anything to even get riled up about.

I didnt think you were mad. I do think you are needlessy sassy though, Mr. Sassy Man. I was much like you until I "got" what was different and good about the game.

and I defend all those who are cool. I am forum justice!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Warning people that they can be banned is a bannable offense?

inception.gif

It was more that he did it over and over and over and over while being like MAN THIS THREAD IS HARD TO QUIT showing some form of getting off on the subject...

well I could be wrong about it, but that's what it looks like to me

It was more that he did it over and over and over and over while being like MAN THIS THREAD IS HARD TO QUIT showing some form of getting off on the subject...

well I could be wrong about it, but that's what it looks like to me

That's exactly what it was. Should've followed his own advice from the get-go.

Tizoc

Oh, so the SE gems aren't unlockable in game aside from dlc and such?

lol

Weeeeeeeeeeeeell
u5vuX.jpg

Unless there's a day 1 patch that lets you quickly customize gem loadouts I expect tournies to use the default gem settings at the character select screen (pre-made speed, power, defense ect gem sets). I could be wrong but I think it's harder to turn gems off than to do that so that seems like the easiest method. I hope they do a patch that lets you quickly select them from character selection, even if you're not using dlc gems there's a lot more gems than what default offers. There's a ton of potential in customizing your character and adding another layer of strategy to the game and I hope it's embraced instead of "lols crapcom dlc rape hurr hurr". Tasty Steve on WNF last night was going on about just that and how quickly you adapt to someone once you know what gems they have and what it takes to activate them, it only adds to the game.

Anyways, any good footage of Lili, Bob or Hwoarang play?

Sblargh

Banned
If everybody would get it urley, then it wouldn't be urley, so people would want to get it urleyer (?).
The madness has to stop.

Tizoc

Sooooo jealous T_T

I can't believe i have to wait 2 months for this game!

Damn you Capcom and your negligence to PC's. DAMN YOU!!!

The delay is prob. to remove the 12 Vita characters data from the game disc...or at least I think that's why @3@

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Thanks to a need to save up for a big tax crisis, gonna have to pass on buying the game right away.

And it comes out on my birthday too :<

mr_boo

San Diego native here...if some one got it early, please PM me. Thanks in advance. For those who got it early, if you had time to experiment, how's Ling? Ling was my main in Tekken, so I've always had a soft spot for her. I'm just waiting for Level Up Your Game / GamesRadar to cover her, but I guess she's not so popular right now.

B00TE

I just called an independent store that's about an hour away to ask if they had it in. Turns out they do, but won't sell it early. So close, yet so far.

TheBear

I don't understand the whole gem system, but do the gems in the LE give an unfair advantage? Can they be unlocked by playing the game or are they paid DLC?

XenoRaven

I don't understand the whole gem system, but do the gems in the LE give an unfair advantage? Can they be unlocked by playing the game or are they paid DLC?
From what I've seen, the preorder and special edition gems are pretty much the same as regular gems, and the only main differences are the activation properties. Either way, there aren't any gems anywhere that are game-breaking or will make the game unfair in any way.

zlatko

Banned

They are only available from pre order at certain places. So GameStop had some power gem pack, Best BUy a different one, etc. What CE does is put all those retailer specific ones and put them in one box, as well as one extra one you can only get from having pre ordered the CE itself.

Odds are they will be made DLC later on, if it will be free or not is a good question though. I could actually see them being free after a month or two. But then again...Capcom money hats.

So IMO, the CE is worth the investment. As far as unfair advantage, I wouldn't go that far, but I wouldn't also say they are worthless because if you REALLY wanted some speed gems that you can't right off the regular edition, then those 1-3 ones you get that aren't available elsewhere could have activation rules that are more fit to your playstyle.

Top Bottom