• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Jenga

Banned
good way to troll/learn shit in this game

pick hugo

block every hit and tech every throw

i've actually learned to defend a bunch of random tekken characters that way

the hatemail is delicious too

Imm0rt4l

I don't think that's necessary, just use your + frame normal. I use Ryu and Kazuya and I've gotten plenty of counter hits or just hits in general from both of there cr. MP because people are still mashing jab or crouch tech because they haven't gotten SF4 out of there system yet.

This.

DRE Fei

You can blow up Hugo's armor with any of Kazuya's normals (preferably standing HP) cancelled into EWGF. I started doing that a few days ago after testing/reading some stuff. Now the matchup isn't as scary anymore. Kazuya, why you so good man?

Raven is pretty awesome too. When the 12 new characters come out, I'm creating a Raven/Jack team based on the movie "New Jack City." I'll pretend that Jack is Ice T and Raven is Wesley.

Imm0rt4l

How come I block jump-ins as cross ups, but then they land in front of me :| ?
I eat so many combos from that.

Probably just ambiguity and unfamiliarity. Crossups in the corner also don't work like they did in sf4, you'd have to time it much later to get a crossup.

Imm0rt4l

But I hold forward and it blocks the jump attack. It's possible to hit on one side and land on the other?

Was it in the corner? Either way, yea it's possible if the jump in has enough pushback and is on the cusp of going one way or another or it could've been a rollback. Who's/what jump in was it?

kyored

I'm getting a little better. There were a lot of Bison and Guile players today but I did run into 1 very good yoshimitsu though.

sleepykyo

ssf4=setup fighter
sfxtk=counterhit fighter

so easy to expose people mashing jab.

Not quite related, but what is the frame data on Dahlism's lk slide and Guile's back + lk when spaced out? A lot of players have been mashing lights after those get blocked and I lose with Jin's jab. Is it my reflexes, the lag, Jin's slow jab or are those actually supposed to be at advantage? Shudders.

In the same vein of the teleport trap that was brought up earlier, after a sweep Ibuki can do her teleport H in the corner and they roll through her back into the corner and she still gets meaty pressure. So basically you can't forward roll out of the corner against Ibuki. You can neutral recover and not be in the corner, but you still get hit by a block string that leaves her at advantage so it doesn't really matter.

And speaking of corner pressure, I've taken to canceling my early Vega combos into HP Rolling Crystal Flash instead of finishing them with a flip kick or launcher. It pushes them all the way into the corner and leaves him at +4, giving him a perfect cMK, cMP frame trap.

Imm0rt4l

In this instance, Jin. And I was in corner.

Yea, this is prone to happen in the corner.

Not quite related, but what is the frame data on Dahlism's lk slide and Guile's back + lk when spaced out? A lot of players have been mashing lights after those get blocked and I lose with Jin's jab. Is it my reflexes, the lag, Jin's slow jab or are those actually supposed to be at advantage? Shudders.

Sims slide is -3 on hit -7 on block and Guiles knee bazooka is -2 on hit and -4 on block.

Sigmaah

Why is it that I have 900 BP and I get matched up against people with 2800+ BP?

AND I HAVE SAME SKILL ON

Also, does hwoarang have any nice mixups?

Sigmaah

Really not that much of a difference of skill. That's still only C+ rank, and 900 is almost C rank.

I am a C rank, I just lost a lot so now im at 900 lol.

and it does seems like a big difference in skill, why cant I go against people in the 1000's?

Ferrio

Banned
w00t, it shipped!

Qanba-Q4-RAF-img00__90156_zoom.jpg

KorrZ

Not sure if this is the best place to ask but, I'm interested in this game but I'd like to get an arcade stick to play it with. What's a good stick that isn't completely ridiculously priced?

Sigmaah

does the start button being all the way to the right get annoying? or it barely gets pushed by accident? Cause I want that stick but if that's an issue...

LowParry

Ferrio

Banned
That thing is sexy as hell. What kind of parts does it use?

Sanwa

Hey I recognize that. FChamp kept pausing during matches because of the start button placement .

Looks great though .

Ya I'm worried about that as well... Luckily there's an option you can toggle in SFxT so that you have to hold start instead of press. But I'm not going to any tournies anyways, so like I give a damn about accidental pauses.

Solune

In this instance, Jin. And I was in corner.

It's really damn ambiguous in the corner, hell I use Jin and I don't even know which side I'm gonna land even when it does hit. Sometimes I'll jump in and land the hit with the J.Roundhouse and expect to land in the back but end up in the front.

Riposte

I'm maining Rufus in this game, but I'm not sure who to pick up as a partner to supplement him. Tips?

If Raven any good? I have a tendency to play characters voiced by D.C. Douglas in fighting games.

Finally poured a lot of time into online play. Besides the sound, lag isn't that bad for me. I have the occasional laggy game, but most are playable. In a lot of my matches when I ran into decent players, my Kaz would get owned then I may or may not come back and win single handed with Ryu. But I'm trying to tough it out and get better with Kaz, which is why I leave him in the point position even though I know I could have beaten several of these guys I played with only Ryu. But I finally reached 1k and I called it quits for now.

I really need to get use to pressing buttons with Kaz. When I want to do Agony Spear into either the overhead or sweep, I keep accidentally doing the overhead step kick. I'm also not doing a lot of other stuff like spending meter on Super to kill, tag out during my characters special(I still do it raw), tag combos, fireball cancels with Ryu, and plenty of other things.

I might enter a SFxT tournament this coming Saturday at a Gamestop so I need to do more grinding.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Looking at the stream there's no mention of USB support? So they abandoned that already in favor of the manual selection reels here?

OK, so let's say I'm just slightly interested in getting good at a fighting game, and I want to invest in an arcade stick. But, I might just give up on it in the near future, so I don't want to make a huge investment. What's the cheapest I can buy a half-decent stick?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
For what its worth, I finally put in real quality time with the game at my friends house over the weekend and really had a blast using Heihachi. He just feels solid. I couldn't settle on a second though I did like the blond Tekken chick (not Nina, the other one) but her attacks seemed too weak overall. But yeah, Heihachi. Good stuff. Crazy basic but strong. Hugo is indeed an prick in this game btw. My boy used him and would get wins, would stop using him and lose.

sleepykyo said:
Sims slide is -3 on hit -7 on block and Guiles knee bazooka is -2 on hit and -4 on block.
sim's slide has 8 active frames, so if you space it perfectly, you should be able to get +1 on block with it. guile's knee bazooka has 4 active frames, so at best it'll be neutral on block.

however, jin's far standing jab is 5 frames. you should go with the crouching jab instead, which is 3 frames.

countblackule said:
What other way could capcom really make the gem selection faster?
well theres storing the gems on you're flash drive, but i really don't think everyone is gonna be doing that. it'd be pretty cool if madcatz made sfxt sticks wit flash memory built-in to it. otherwise, just write down your numbers on your phone or a piece of paper or something.

abq

OK, so let's say I'm just slightly interested in getting good at a fighting game, and I want to invest in an arcade stick. But, I might just give up on it in the near future, so I don't want to make a huge investment. What's the cheapest I can buy a half-decent stick?

I think you can find a Brawl stick for $30 or so. You can easily swap out the parts for better ones in the future.

Ferrio

Banned
I still don't see how gems will work. Every station will have to have purchased all the same gem loadouts, and you'd have to know what the load out that was available at each tourny would be.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
If you remember your gem number before you sit down, doesn't the time saved by select screen button check basically negate any extra time spent setting gem numbers?

I mean, in SFIV and Marvel, people do have to pick everything, start a game, check buttons, back out..... bleeh.

I still don't see how gems will work. Every station will have to have purchased all the same gem loadouts, and you'd have to know what the load out that was available at each tourny would be.

So far the "DLC" gem packs are all free. I suppose TOs would be responsible for downloading all the free DLC to the host system just as they have to make sure patches are downloaded, as well as costume packs, and DLC characters such as Jill and Shuma, or the characters in MK9.

deim0s

So what did capcom say about the tourney patch/update? All I see on the stream is mactches with nina/raven.

Edit: Oh I see it now... wtf, you have to memorize them all now!?

Top Bottom