• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

I don't know how much this has been discussed, but how do you guys feel about the beginning of each round when the "Fight" logo comes toward the screen as the match begins. When I try to rush in at the beginning of the rounds with either a dash or Kazuya's mist step, I'm the one who gets hit first a lot because the logo blinds me for a very short moment and I lose my concentration and sight of where my opponent is. Now I just back dash because I don't want to take any risk. Whenever Capcom releases a patch to remove infinites and glitches, is it possible for them to remove that as well? Maybe that was something intentional, I don't know. But does it bother you guys like it does me?

Yeah, I feel like it gives control to the players about half a second too early. I always get hit by someone mashing a long reaching move, espeically Sim's pokes.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Playing Vega/Xiaoyu.

What the FUCK am I supposed to do against Hugo's armor move? I kept hearing someone on the Cross Assault stream say it's not that good or safe, but damned if I can figure out a counter to it.

DR2K

Banned
Playing Vega/Xiaoyu.

What the FUCK am I supposed to do against Hugo's armor move? I kept hearing someone on the Cross Assault stream say it's not that good or safe, but damned if I can figure out a counter to it.

Yeah I'm on the same boat, met a player that spammed that with impunity.

sleepykyo

Frank "Trashman" Reynolds;36184747 said:
People trying to play this like SSFIV isn't the main issue I'm seeing here.

Online is total ass. I will be MAJORLY surprised to see Capcom fix anything more than the sound issues. Really, how can they release a game in 2012 and have the online be so much worse than SSFIV? SSFIV is actually really decent so this hurts and makes me really question future Capcom purchases.

Infinites. Yeah they can be patched, and probably will. But with so much of this shit being found at such an early stage, and most of the inputs being so easy to accomplish these combos... I'm afraid what kind of fucked up shit is going to show its ugly face down the road.

Chain combos is a huge issue for this game to me. It makes the footsies too strong. Sometimes I feel like this game should have been called 3S Chun x Tekken. Walk back and forth and poke into damaging shit all day. Matter of fact, this shit is worse than 3S cause there is no parry and anti-airs are such ass.

I could go on, but I really hate this game right now. If shit changes down the road fedex me your shoe and I'll eat it.
AAs are strong . For the SF characters. The Tekken ones are your mileage may vary.

zlatko

Banned
I want to play Steve so bad. I punch in so many hours of training into him damn near everyday, but whenever I fight a real opponent and he's on my team I just feel like a worthless piece of shit.

Even after reading on how you fish for hits, etc, I just can't it to happen. ; ;

Great. Kazunoko is a tier whore and Tokido is cheap‚ right? It´ll be interesting to see who picks who.

Not exactly sure who they're going to main. Tokido was last seen in Taiwan using Akuma, Ken, Rufus, and Raven. Nekojita was using Abel and King. Kazunoko was using Raven and I can't remember the last character.

Mileena

Banned
I want to play Steve so bad. I punch in so many hours of training into him damn near everyday, but whenever I fight a real opponent and he's on my team I just feel like a worthless piece of shit.

Even after reading on how you fish for hits, etc, I just can't it to happen. ; ;

That's pretty much King. I wish he wasn't terrible.

Was gonna ask, with a few trials I'm finding that after a few normals I start to get pushed back and end up with the far versions for the next hit which can't be canceled.

Referring specifically to Julia 20 and Jin 17 (get far sHP which won't go into Mental Alertness)

sleepykyo

I wonder if Steve will become popular on point when players get used the evasive properties of the sways or is he going to be confined to being a cross rush/switch cancel damage character .

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Frank "Trashman" Reynolds;36184405 said:
Have people figured out how ass this game is yet? Nothing is worse than hitting up the arcade and being stuck playing the same dude at SSFIV over and over while everyone is huddle around this fraud of a game. I should feel lucky to have an arcade scene here, but with these trends they might as well all close. Yeah, I'm bitter. People falling for the hype and better recognize the error of their ways soon!
You deserve to have your local arcades closed making statements like that. What I wouldn't give to live within driving distance of an arcade, let alone walking distance.

"Recognizing the error of their ways"... geez, some of us just want a new fighter to try out and have some fun with our mates. I doubt that's going to kill your precious arcade scene in the long-run. Eventually the hype will die down, and your friends will play with you again, and you can say "I told you so". Congratumalations.

I know that feel bro.

I'm just hoping if I stick with it I'll keep getting better.

Ferrio

Banned
They both suck, and take up 3 gem slots each

Seriously? I know you're all up in capcoms ass, but you don't think a gem that lets you auto block and only takes 1/8th of single section of meter (so 1/24th of a meter) isn't broken? Even if you're the sloppiest blocker in the world you still wouldn't run outta meter.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Seriously? I know you're all up in capcoms ass, but you don't think a gem that lets you auto block and only takes 1/8th of single section of meter (so 1/24th of a meter) isn't broken? Even if you're the sloppiest blocker in the world you still wouldn't run outta meter.

I'm not up in capcoms ass. But hey when that gem comes out if it cost money I'll buy it for you and lets see how often you beat me with it vs me using non assist gems. I'm telling you straight up. The assist gems are garbage as hell. The only decent ones were the easy input with no penalty if you are a gief player, and default throw break one.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm not up in capcoms ass. But hey when that gem comes out if it cost money I'll buy it for you and lets see how often you beat me with it vs me using non assist gems. I'm telling you straight up. The assist gems are garbage as hell. The only decent ones were the easy input with no penalty if you are a gief player, and default throw break one.

How is auto block online ass? You're already have less reaction time due to lag, so this compesates. Ya when it took a meter, or even half a stock that meant something.. but 1/8th a stock? The way you gain meter in the game you'd never run out.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
How is auto block online ass? You're already have less reaction time due to lag, so this compesates. Ya when it took a meter, or even half a stock that meant something.. but 1/8th a stock? The way you gain meter in the game you'd never run out.

They dont block for you if you are doing something already. It's like auto guarding in tekken you'll still get counter poked all day. You'll still get anti aired. All it does, is help you with a left right mix up or a high low mix up if you are not pressing something already and it's coming at the cost of 3 slots meaning you are losing out on a lot of other perks. Seriously go try out the one in game right now.

Ferrio

Banned
They dont block for you if you are doing something already. It's like auto guarding in tekken you'll still get counter poked all day. You'll still get anti aired. All it does, is help you with a left right mix up or a high low mix up if you are not pressing something already and it's coming at the cost of 3 slots meaning you are losing out on a lot of other perks. Seriously go try out the one in game right now.

So it negates almost all mixups (all if you get the ultimate defense) which is one of the basis of fighting games, and you don't see how that isn't strong at all?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Then you are insane simply put, and what limited success you've found online has overblown your ego.

What o_O dude it's only good vs a few characters.

Xiao, Hwoarng being the main ones. The high low game in this game is slow enough to block on reaction. The only character with a brokenly fast high is julia and she can't do anything after it. Besides that it helps vs some dive kick stuff and.. well that's about it.

You seem to be over stressed about something, take a breather and chill for a bit D:

Ferrio

Banned
What o_O dude it's only good vs a few characters.

Xiao, Hwoarng being the main ones. The high low game in this game is slow enough to block on reaction. The only character with a brokenly fast high is julia and she can't do anything after it. Besides that it helps vs some dive kick stuff and.. well that's about it.

You seem to be over stressed about something, take a breather and chill for a bit D:

Or people with pokes, ambiguous crossups.

vocab

Alright is there a tutorial on Nina's Chain grab somewhere? This thing makes no fucking sense, and the game doesn't even give you a hint on how to perform it period.

DR2K

Banned
What? o_O I mean mistakes happen, but how exactly is he going to tap me into a 70% combo if I'm playing defensively most of the time hugo gets huge damage off is from counter hits.

Becuase you don't always have the choice of being on the defensive. Fastest timer in the world.

Top Bottom