• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

I can do like 90% of everything I've seen for videos for Steve. No issues. The problem? Setting any of it up, or defending to find my opening to set it up. ; ;

Such a great character, but I'm just too ass with him.

I have the same problem too. I end just just crouching mp over and over until I get a hit confirm.

only if gatling gun grabbed low..the damage is cray

Off topic: Is hajime no Ippo a good anime? I think I might try watch it if it is.

The english voice acting is generally high quality, and Rolento's English voice is downright hilarious. It's good mind you - but the guy absolutely NAILS the "I eat shell casings for breakfast and shit grenades" tough guy CO.

Generally, I keep character voices set to the "logical" language. Asian people set to Japanese unless it's heavily canonical that they speak english, and everybody who should be speaking English set to that.

About the only voice I think is really bad so far is Law's english actor... very wrong IMHO. But he sounds better in Japanese anyway. By comparison, I oddly keep Hwoarang set to English because he seems like an international type of person, and his English actor sounds great.

Poison and Hugo's english voices seem dead on appropriate to me.

Otherwise, nothing really sticks out as sounding wrong or disappointing given the language settings I use.

Oh, one very nice touch that's new to this game: all the cut scenes, whether real time (like fight intros) or story and ending scenes, respect individual language settings per character. They actually DID keep every voice track separate.

So if you have Cammy set to English, and Chun Li to Japanese, in their story intro, and in their CG ending, they will still speak the correct language with subtitles for the Japanese dialog.

Fun Fact:

Rolento's VA also voices Spencer in (U)MVC3.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ippo is fantastic. Watch the anime. Read the manga.

The ippo manga is one of the few action manga's done 100% right, every single panel is used as a frame of animation at times. So you don't miss out on shit for it being non animated. Only time they skimp out is if it's a flurry of jabs or something that isn't major at the moment.

Off topic: Is hajime no Ippo a good anime? I think I might try watch it if it is.

Most who have watched it will agree that Hajime no Ippo anime is a very strong contender for best anime ever, and a good example of what anime was before all the moe crap killed it.

The manga, however, has been dragging on for a long time already and will test your patience to the limits. So if you want to read the manga be warned that you will reach a stage where you want to murder the mangaka.

vocab

Just got hit by the kazuya infinite online. This is where I stop playing.

Most who have watched it will agree that Hajime no Ippo anime is a very strong contender for best anime ever, and a good example of what anime was before all the moe crap killed it.

The manga, however, has been dragging on for a long time already and will test your patience to the limits. So if you want to read the manga be warned that you will reach a stage where you want to murder the mangaka.

Slam Dunk
Ashita no Joe

That is all.

vocab

I got hit by it today too, to bad he dropped it and he sucked ass at playing in general and I perfected him the next round.

Ya well. The guy i played against didnt dropped it, and perfected me next round because i was so fucking demoralized. I'm on an 8 game losing streak now. I hate the SFIV engine so fucking bad.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
The english voice acting is generally high quality, and Rolento's English voice is downright hilarious. It's good mind you - but the guy absolutely NAILS the "I eat shell casings for breakfast and shit grenades" tough guy CO.

Generally, I keep character voices set to the "logical" language. Asian people set to Japanese unless it's heavily canonical that they speak english, and everybody who should be speaking English set to that.

About the only voice I think is really bad so far is Law's english actor... very wrong IMHO. But he sounds better in Japanese anyway. By comparison, I oddly keep Hwoarang set to English because he seems like an international type of person, and his English actor sounds great.

Poison and Hugo's english voices seem dead on appropriate to me.

Otherwise, nothing really sticks out as sounding wrong or disappointing given the language settings I use.

Oh, one very nice touch that's new to this game: all the cut scenes, whether real time (like fight intros) or story and ending scenes, respect individual language settings per character. They actually DID keep every voice track separate.

So if you have Cammy set to English, and Chun Li to Japanese, in their story intro, and in their CG ending, they will still speak the correct language with subtitles for the Japanese dialog.
Thanks to you and everyone else who posted! Your "logical" approach to voices is pretty much the same as mine. The Japanese voices in fighting games all used to sound exotic and cool to me, but now I understand the language, there are some cheesy/overused ones that need to be turned off, just as there are in English.

I fucking loved Rolento's voice in CvS2 - "Misshun Compreeet!" He sounded so bad, but so badass at the same time. Glad to hear the VAs have done a decent job on the whole, and that individual preferences can be catered to :)

smurfx

get some go again

the woli fight made me rage like no other manga has ever made me. fucking woli spent more time flying in the air than on the ground fighting with ippo! this is supposed to be boxing.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ya well. The guy i played against didnt dropped it, and perfected me next round because i was so fucking demoralized. I'm on an 8 game losing streak now. I hate the SFIV engine so fucking bad.

This game doesn't play like sf4 at all. What does the "graphic" engine have to do with anything?

All I'm reading is SALT

You can't let it get to you that bad. I've known good players with the potential to be great/amazing just drop games because they get hit by something easy and let it get to them.

It's sad and a waste of good playing to let a little infinite combo get to you. That shit will be patched later down the road anyway.

KaYotiX

Banned
All I'm reading is SALT

You can't let it get to you that bad. I've known good players with the potential to be great/amazing just drop games because they get hit by something easy and let it get to them.

It's sad and a waste of good playing to let a little infinite combo get to you. That shit will be patched later down the road anyway.

We can only hope.

alstein

Hey chaps, sorry to ruin the flow of discussion, but can anyone shed some light on the voices in this game?

Seems like a minor point, but I'm just curious how characters are sounding in general, and whether nostalgic characters like Hugo or Rolento retain any of their essence from previous games.

The cast sure look great, but so far I haven't heard any growly German, or evil Engrish (respectively of these two specific characters).

SF aside, how do the Tekken fans feel about their characters' voices? Are you happy with the Japanese/English options? (Do these even exist in Tekken games?)

Thanks for your input. Really looking forward to this popping through the mailbox!

Well, in Tekken 6 I played Asuka largely because of her voice. It's horrible in this game.
Then again Ryoko Shiraishi's voice is awesome period.

This game really has me conflicted- I can see the good points, and there are things I like, but there are so many other things that are just stupid, and half the time I play this, I feel like I should be playing KOF instead.

Fuck Hugo. Him + time outs = ruining my enjoyment of this game. 50% brainless ass combos, an anti air that works full screen on reaction and not just prediction for 200 damage, AND he can kill you off two confirms? Fuck that to hell.

Or he can just sit on his massive health lead after he does the 50% or more, and wtf you gonna do about it?

I COULD learn Kazuya infinite, but I feel it's pointless since it'll be gone eventually and will just screw me over in the long run to learn the match up how it's meant to be played.

Honey moon phase with the game is over, and I'm just massively frustrated by time out city no matter what team combinations and gems I try. :(

What I've been doing is just play Dhalsim, run away the whole match, and get ragemail. I do need a 2nd character if my Sim runs into someone who knows how to blow Sim up, or plays Juri/Rufus, in which case they don't have to know, they just blow Sim up.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Well, in Tekken 6 I played Asuka largely because of her voice. It's horrible in this game.
Then again Ryoko Shiraishi's voice is awesome period.

This game really has me conflicted- I can see the good points, and there are things I like, but there are so many other things that are just stupid, and half the time I play this, I feel like I should be playing KOF instead.

What I've been doing is just play Dhalsim, run away the whole match, and get ragemail. I do need a 2nd character if my Sim runs into someone who knows how to blow Sim up, or plays Juri/Rufus, in which case they don't have to know, they just blow Sim up.

Dhalsim is honestly S tier as fuck in this with just some bad match ups to keep him away from god status. If you want a character to go with him try out ogre, vega, guile, or gief.

Okay guys, I gotta drop julia from my main team, she shares the same weakness as ogre even though she is a really strong character and I <3 her I'll move her to team 2

Ogre's weakness is long fast pokes. aka Vega and Dhalsim. Who are some characters that can handle them well? That are not rufus or juri :D

Although Im about to experiment for the next 20 hours myself anyways, the answer is bryan fury but he isnt out yet so Im a sad panda. So need a replacement for him

alstein

King can grab Sim's limbs. I think King might be a good counterpick. He forces Sim to fight on the ground, and King can jump in on Sim if Sim stays grounded.

shiroryu

the woli fight made me rage like no other manga has ever made me. fucking woli spent more time flying in the air than on the ground fighting with ippo! this is supposed to be boxing.

It really sucks that every so often Ippo will be paired up against a boxer who has some ability completely out of the blue and be forced to eat damage for 20-odd chapters, then win at the end out of sheer tenacity. The Sawamura fight was really good back-and-forth, as was his first challenge fight where he levels the challenger in two rounds.

The Woli fight just turned me off the manga, haven't read it since.

AAK

Saeki vs Itagki right now is bloody brilliant.

Ippo is definitely my favorite Shonen Manga right now.

Best fight so far though was definitely Mashiba vs Sawamura.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Picture10.jpg

I couldn't resist I had to eventually crack and do this. Tonight was that time

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
all white ogre actually looks cool, so you're forgiven.

It's not all white D:

It's black with white, giving a silver look, and using his costume two color for the armor.

*coughsdfljlsfjaslSETHsfljsafjcough*

Just beat some guy with a 56 win streak. Also got some hate mail from a marduk player

I wish I understood how to use marduk, I could play honda but marduk doesnt click although they are kinda similar.

Culinary

I've used to have some serious trouble with Steve. I'm not sure what changed. I do poke with cr.mp a lot. I think his pressure comes from the f+mp/hp chain. If you don't do the light afterwards, you are left at +4. From there you can cr.mp into ducking into w/e pretty safely. If you continue with the light punch, you flicker cancel into any crouching normal. Once he's in, it's all frame traps. Also, j.HP is his best anti-air it looks like (on counter hit it's around 350-400 damage with a followup).

I do need to find a partner for him though... Sagat isn't cutting it.

First day and I have no idea what's going on. All I've got is my SF4 game and an S-tier Vega (he's so beautiful ;_;)

Which Tekken characters do good damage off a launcher? Preferably a dame for my man Vega. I did all of Julia's trials except the last one and she's super kuwaii desu ne but I dunno.

Sayah

So outside of the sound issue, what exactly does everyone hate aout the net code?

Well yesterday, 2v2/pair play didn't seem to work. Game kept getting stuck on the character select screen. And then my matches with one player from here kept getting cancelled during the character intros. Tried about three times to get the match going.

Otherwise, the netcode overall is brilliant.

GorillaJu

Oh dear salty gods, have mercy on me.

Beat a guy who picked Guile and did nothing but down back all day a few times, then he switched to Bison Dhalsim and did nothing but roundhouse and jumpback fierce (with Sim) and beat me. Then he left my room. SALT

Jenga

Banned
I haven't posted on SRK in years. I feel no strong need to go back.

SRK is badass for soaking up info about characters in the char forums. Other than that, the only other thing it seems good for is area networking.

the rest seems like your usual circle jerk fgc bullshit

but hey, the things it does best are pretty badass. i also like SRK frontpage, updated often and has cool shit usually

hertog

Why do I always forget to combo, I'm so used to punish people with well placed flashkicks.
But you can do so much more, but my first reaction is always FLASHKICK!!!

First day and I have no idea what's going on. All I've got is my SF4 game and an S-tier Vega (he's so beautiful ;_;)

Which Tekken characters do good damage off a launcher? Preferably a dame for my man Vega. I did all of Julia's trials except the last one and she's super kuwaii desu ne but I dunno.

Julia, Asuka or Nina could fill the roll. Otherwise you could go for Kazuya, Hwoarang or Steve do good damage.

GorillaJu

Hmmm so Hugo's cr. MP xx qcb LP, cr MP isn't as invincible as I thought. If you block the qcb LP, Lili's MP or EX counter can come out before the second MP. Nice!

Top Bottom