• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

zlatko

Banned
Who wants to run sets later tonight? Say, 5 to 5 and a half hours from now?

I'm in Colorado.

Gamertag is Outlaw Slevin

Let's goooooooooooo.

If dudley doesn't have the rose that can only mean one thing, the characters aren't finished. If they were created on a separate budget and were made late in the games development cycle, that means they're still being tested internally and there is probably gonna be a re-balancing patch for them before they are released. So blanka might suck now, but when he is released he could be amazing.

Riposte

This should be Heihachi's alt.

nappaearthsaiyansagafojmh.png

EDIT: Is there any reason to play Sagat when Ryu is in the game? Don't want to feel dumb about playing him lol.

SUPARSTARX

so dudley gets a bunch of stupid shit and everyone is happy, while blanka gets the shaft...and everyone is happy

never change gaf.

ugh.

Ono wouldn't shaft his bff. I'm sure Blanka has tricks. Same thing like Bison feeling weird and off but he's not bad after people adjust.

Riposte

One thing is for certain. This is game is glitchy as all fuck. Infinites and Megaman aside, I am randomly losing a lot of BP (even immediately after a win). Pretty silly stuff.

hertog

I just don't understand why Blanka is hated, but Ryu and Ken are loved.

Nothing is more annoying than hearing HADOKEN and SHURYUKEN... sigh :(

Off Launchers:

You'll what to do a move that either hits them up, ground bounces them, or do your combo right from there.

An example of a move that bounces them up would be Lili's Angle Knee attack where she hits her opponent like an SRK. That one knocks enemies up into the air giving you more time so you can land more attacks on them.

A rebounce would be something like Nina's lp + mk, or Pauls' f+mp where they'll hit the opponent into the ground and it'll bounce them up again. From there, you can do a combo using a normal to buffer.

Or you can do a combo from there. An example would be Kuma who can do a standing HK into a Megaton Claw HP variation. You just have to get the timing down so that you hit the opponent as they're coming within range of your attack.

Off switches.

You'll want to find a bread and butter setup that allows you to switch safely and continue the combo, typically that comes from either using a standard combination of normal attacks or or a special set up. Switch in your character just when the move ends so you can continue the combo.

An example of this would be Law's HCF+MP where he'll smack the opponent and fire off rapid punches before smacking into the ground where they'll bounce. You can switch in while he's doing the attack and continue the combo from there.

You'll just need to find the timing on the characters you play.

a launcher puts them into the air meaning limited juggle points. the easiest way to do good damage with any character coming in from a launcher would be normal, link into another normal, cancel into a special or sweep for hard knockdown. if you want to do any more damage past that you have to spend meter and do a switch cancel to reset the juggle points. or spend 2 bars for an easy mode super. many characters can of course get fancier without spending any meter, but i'd stick with basic stuffs for now until you get the hang of it.

if you're not very good with timing yet. start off with a standing jab for your first normal. or you could simply just do a single normal cancelled into a special. it'll do less damage, but it'll be a lot easier to connect.

switch cancel combos are a lot more character specific, so its hard to really go into any detail without referencing specific characters moves. however, you can switch cancel nearly almost any move in this game. its just a matter of finding the ones that will maximize damage or positioning.

if the switch cancel leaves them on the ground, follow up with your normal bnb. if the switch cancel leaves them in the air, follow up with your normal ender that you would do if it were a regular launcher combo. they might need minor adjustments.

Thanks for the tips, both of you. This really helps! Since you mentioned juggle points, I realized one of the reasons I may be whiffing is I use King's Jumping Knee Lift x4 into a launcher, and that may be why I can't get another attack off after it...maybe switch it to x2 or x3 then launcher, and that'll give me the room for a normal. I can unreliably pull off a MP > Reverse Arm Slam out of launcher with King as well. I'm thinking King just doesn't have a lot of long-string combo moves since most of his specials end in a throw. I suppose I could try using Shoulder Tackle and see how that turns out.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
dudley is like 4-5x more annoying than blanka ever was

That's because dudley can actually do stuff to kill you!

GAF likes dudley no one on gaf besides 2 people max will ever learn him

GAF hates blanka no one on gaf ever bothers to learn how to fight him and when they do they bitch that it isnt fun. I'm sorry I didn't know every match up was supposed to be funnnnn. Actually fighting blanka is fun, same for fighting gief. Cause it changes up the game from the norm by a huge amount.

Nothing wrong with liking A shoto. It's the people that only use the shotos that are fucking weird to me. "Picks only ryu/ken/akuma doesn't bother to learn anyone else"

Imm0rt4l

Dudleys mixups in ssf4 are oki related, forward roll diminishes a lot of that. Giving a character some tools to compensate for something lost when he has poor footsies isn't something I would consider to be unreasonable, especially when the tools in question aren't any different from what we get from Kaz.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
This feels like a quote that could have been pulled from sooo long ago.

I hopped into my time machine and went back to 2010 for that.

Dudleys mixups in ssf4 are oki related, forward roll diminishes a lot of that. Giving a character some tools to compensate for something lost when he has poor footsies isn't something I would consider to be unreasonable, especially when the tools in question aren't any different from what we get from Kaz.

Well you dont always gotta be fighting with him in this. The fact you can use another character to set dudley up helps a lot.

Went 2-2 at WNF tonight. I got owned by Snake Eyes rofl, might be starting to rethink Ogre on my Sim/Ogre team

Ogre should be your starting character if you use him. Having him build meter for dhal. That way Dhal will always have meter for super when he needs a good reversal.

Riposte

Who is the most braindead good character with assist gems? I need a go to character for playing couch co-op with a shitty friend or relative.

(Something tells me it is Hugo or Rolento)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Who is the most braindead good character with assist gems? I need a go to character for playing couch co-op with a shitty friend or relative.

It's gief. Just do command grab when they stick out a limb. Hugo is kinda shitty if you are bad.

sleepykyo

Pretty sure there was plenty of hate for them . Specifically Scrablgh and Sayah .

Oh and Sonic Boom . 2 decades without any refinement outside of changing the flash kick into a 2 hitter and tweaking the charge times .

zlatko

Banned

Hugo. Rolento has some somewhat difficult stuff if you want to be good for him, and he is quite one dimensional in a lot of players hands, so it requires a fair amount of sprucing him up to set up mix ups.

Hugo is brain dead as hell and does 50% damage meterless like a boss.

tiger tiger tiger tiger tiger uppercut.

i'm assuming you meant the super easy input assist gem? rolento and hugo have games based around good normals combined with good specials. patriot circles and claps aren't as good if spammed raw with nothing else inbetween.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
People should really stop recommending hugo over gief in terms of ease in this game -.- Just cause you or other like to throw yourselves mindless at him at get your ass stomped by armor doesn't mean the character is easier than how stupid gief is in this game.

People should really stop recommending hugo over gief in terms of ease in this game -.- Just cause you or other like to throw yourselves mindless at him at get your ass stomped by armor doesn't mean the character is easier than how stupid gief is in this game.

Hugo has better limbs, clap pressure, armor, brainless combos that do a shit-ton of damage, AND spd.

Comparatively, Gief has lariat and green hand. That's it.

Stop it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hugo has better limbs, clap pressure, armor, brainless combos that do a shit-ton of damage, AND spd.

Comparatively, Gief has lariat and green hand. That's it.

Stop it.

Hugo's spd is garbage tier compared to giefs -.- Gief has better faster limbs and jump ins *not used often anyways*

Guess no one has fought a good gief yet =/ shrug oh well.

You're silly if you think all gief has is green hand and lariat o_O

You cant wiff shit vs gief AT ALL he will fucking grab you from near half screen away

Hugo SPD is 6 frames, has comparable range, and is the exact same input.

Is there ever a reason for Gief to jump in with something that isn't body splash?

His limbs are not better. Seriously. One of Hugo's HPs is an overhead!

You're gonna need some evidence here, bro.

Hugo's toolset is just so much larger. Even if Gief does things like SPD better (if it is, it's negligibly better), Hugo's things like AA grab with a DP command and mad damage for zero work makes him the better choice at this point in time.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Is there ever a reason for Gief to jump in with something that isn't body splash?

.... wow really, you are going off fucking hugo's shitty HP?

Ugh brb guess I gotta record shit cause you have no damn match exp

Gief Jump HP beats a lot of anti air shit his Body splash doesnt as well. Clean even

sleepykyo

No it doesn´t. Zangief´s jab spd can grab from farther distances . And Zangief ´s standing short and medium are really good .

.... wow really, you are going off fucking hugo's shitty HP?

Ugh brb guess I gotta record shit cause you have no damn match exp

Gief Jump HP beats a lot of anti air shit his Body splash doesnt as well. Clean even

By all means, duder. Go right ahead.

I will eat crow on the Gief SPD, though. Just tested it. Good shit.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Man, if T. Hawk were in the game you wouldn't have a reason to use either. HE CAN FLY INTO THE AIR AND DOWN FROM THE SKIES. YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
By all means, duder. Go right ahead.

I will eat crow on the Gief SPD, though. Just tested it. Good shit.

Well no reason for me to waste more time on that then. If you want to see how good giefs jump ins are compared to hugo test it with julia's down HP as an anti air. Gief is honestly better than hugo in almost every way outside of brain dead easy damage.

Man, if T. Hawk were in the game you wouldn't have a reason to use either. HE CAN FLY INTO THE AIR AND DOWN FROM THE SKIES. YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT.

Thawk would of had some silly ass juggles in this.

Top Bottom