• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Ibuki has the best anti-air move in the game. One button anti-air that's upper body invincible from the 1st startup frame through the 4th active frame, is cancelable and forces juggle.

b+MP anti air xx Dash L, clHK SJC jHK, HK Upkicks

free 305 damage punish, tag cancel and it's 450 easy.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ibuki has the best anti-air move in the game. One button anti-air that's upper body invincible from the 1st startup frame through the 4th active frame, is cancelable and forces juggle.

b+MP anti air xx Dash L, clHK SJC jHK, HK Upkicks

free 305 damage punish, tag cancel and it's 450 easy.

Yup her and Juri you just cant jump at them ever. They eat you alive.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
What I don't get is, why the fuck put a jump cancel mechanic in then not make it so some hits work on block and some work only on hit. All of them working on block is just derp

Solune

Chun Li's jump fierce should be jump cancelable.

49bx.jpg

We're not playing Marvel!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ah I figured it out I think, you just gotta time your cancels at a certain frame of a move and it will straight up hit twice for some strange reason. I can't do it consistantly.

But my ogre to julia chain is normally 11 hits

I got it to happen twice ogres flame hit twice and julia's upkick hit twice on the second tag

So the 11 hit turned into 13 hits and the 471 combo turned into 490 dmg LOL.... WHAT THE FUCK CAPCOM

Drop nina if you want to team up with him imo, unless you want to do extended combos

yeah, im much more comfortable playing charge characters (mained honda, deejay/guile secondaries) so i think this might be a better fit for my playstyle. i dont care too much for long combos due to scaling, just solid high damage bnbs without too many execution requirements.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I repeat. Online for this game sucks. People must be crazy saying it's better than Æ which is crap itself at the moment.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I repeat. Online for this game sucks. People must be crazy saying it's better than Æ which is crap itself at the moment.

Nobody's crazy. Again, this is the thing: online experience in FGs is wildly inconsistent due to where one lives, who one is trying to play, how the magic gremlins at your ISP feel, etc.

Plenty of people have gotten perfect games in SFxT, besides the sound glitch. That's why they've praised the rollback code as being superior to SFIV. Others have trouble getting a single good connection to someone else.

This doesn't mean the reliability of connections can't be tweaked further. SSFIV did get some improvements after a couple of patches. The infrastructure for this game is still in flux anyway, since they have to fix the sound glitch which may require changing other aspects of the net code.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Having perfect games which I really haven't had, and then a handful of disconnects from matches and matches not disconnecting period is more annoying. When I'm hosting a lobby and getting disconnected from spectator mode for more than half of the matches, something's wrong. And yeah, consistency is the word. Online play is anything but that. I'm really annoyed at this point.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
I am so, so terrible at this game. I can't do the combos and everyone else can, I can't block or they mix it up and hit me anyway and do the huge damage string, I get crossed up repeatedly and can't avoid it, I have no idea what I should be doing and I am just getting obliterated so much it isn't even fun to play, I'm just sitting there watching them do the combos on me.

I was pretty decent at IV/Super/AE, what gives!

WHAT DO I DO

abq

I am so, so terrible at this game. I can't do the combos and everyone else can, I can't block or they mix it up and hit me anyway and do the huge damage string, I get crossed up repeatedly and can't avoid it, I have no idea what I should be doing and I am just getting obliterated so much it isn't even fun to play, I'm just sitting there watching them do the combos on me.

WHAT DO I DO

Play Marvel.

Sayah

Now that's like 3 people I can't fight b/c the matches keep cancelling. T_T
I have a wired fios setup so my connection quality is not the problem.

Blanka is so worthless in all espects. First of all you cant piano elec, from anything, you get magic series. Only way is to mash jab 5 times, and it is just not possible.

His balls are so unsafe its not even funny. Only thing he has going are ok magic series because of c.fp range, but so many characters can do that better.

I am pleased by this news.

DR2K

Banned

WHAT DO I DO

Do the trials for the characters you want to learn. Try to get a feel of the combo system in the process. Play the training mode, it's a decent learning tool. Play against the AI and training mode. Team up with a good player online. Lots of ways you can learn.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

WHAT DO I DO

I feel the same way. Part of the problem is definitely that I cannot settle on two mains to use, but I generally get annihilated by anyone who is decent at the game. Even people I regularly beat in other fighters are schooling me! Just can't seem to get a handle on this. It also feels like the game has "input lag" regardless if I'm playing online or not. This is the only game that feels like this to me, but I'm not going to give up on it, either...with enough practice, things should click.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Yeah, I'm gonna check the router settings and hope that might fix it.

New match from lobby getting cancelled at the start, right? Nah, that's a bug. Happens over here too with myself and friends.

Busaiku

Still don't own the game, but I've seen this a lot on the streams and whatnot.

Often times, when someone's clearly down on life and the timer's about to run out, they try to chase down the opponent who's running away.
At that point, wouldn't it be much more efficient to just whiff stuff to build meter?

I mean it's not like Street Fighter IV, where you've still got a chance with your ultra and stuff.

sleepykyo

Often times, when someone's clearly down on life and the timer's about to run out, they try to chase down the opponent who's running away.
At that point, wouldn't it be much more efficient to just whiff stuff to build meter?

I mean it's not like Street Fighter IV, where you've still got a chance with your ultra and stuff.
Probably . But the other guy can do the same.

And it's still early . Alpha counters aren´t being used that often . Players are giving up a lot of recoverable health or tagging in the low health character for 50-70 points of damage .

supahkiwi

Banned
I feel the same way. Part of the problem is definitely that I cannot settle on two mains to use, but I generally get annihilated by anyone who is decent at the game. Even people I regularly beat in other fighters are schooling me! Just can't seem to get a handle on this. It also feels like the game has "input lag" regardless if I'm playing online or not. This is the only game that feels like this to me, but I'm not going to give up on it, either...with enough practice, things should click.

Input lag? You're just probably messing up links since they still require timing.

Better to gain more meter when you hit something block or not.

Top Bottom