• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Nyx

I think I clicked with Xiaoyou last night, definitely maining her the coming days to see if it clicks some more.

Horseress

I seent the DLC characters on my TV

fbz_768f3b845bb902bf469446c98233cbe4.jpg

holdbrillanj

Neo Member
My dlc char tier list

A: Dudley

B: Lei, Bryan, Lars, Sakura

C: Jack, Christie, Elena, Cody, Alisa

D: Blanka, Guy

Some of them feel incomplete tho. If you want me to test anything let me know, but i can't record anything atm

Jenga

Banned
My dlc char tier list

A: Dudley

B: Lei, Bryan, Lars, Sakura

C: Jack, Christie, Elena, Cody, Alisa

D: Blanka, Guy

Some of them feel incomplete tho. If you want me to test anything let me know, but i can't record anything atm

sucks that guy is still bad but I'm assuming he's at least a teensy bit better than sf4?

glad to hear most of the characters i want to play are B tier

i would have played dudley if he was even worse than yoshi too

What's the verdict on Boxer so far?

He was my main in SF4. In this, he just feels strange. I don't know about charge characters and SfxT in general.

His jabs, headbutt (whiffs on crouchers) and dash punches are all more punishable because of the nature of the game. No straight punch into super and a few other problems.

On the other hand he can deal out some stylish damage.

I don't think he is necessarily bad, just quite different. Jury is still out for me.

holdbrillanj

Neo Member
Yeah i am exploid.

I mean incomplete as i don't see they have the tools to even begin competing with the other characters.

Blanka is so worthless in all espects. First of all you cant piano elec, from anything, you get magic series. Only way is to mash jab 5 times, and it is just not possible.

His balls are so unsafe its not even funny. Only thing he has going are ok magic series because of c.fp range, but so many characters can do that better.

well technically, capcom can still apply changes to them by the time they officially release them on the vita/actual dlc unlock

They could but after seeing all the patches they've employed for AE PC, they've required sending you entire character files again with the added changes on top of your older version of characters within different directories and such. Thought Capcom would have went for a route to cut down file size of patches and stuff. Weird engine in general, not very DLC friendly from the way it manages character files.

I mean incomplete as i don't see they have the tools to even begin competing with the other characters.

Only thing he has going are ok magic series because of c.fp range, but so many characters can do that better.

Ahhh I see. Good news with Blanka sucking! :D

Horseress

Blanka is so worthless in all espects. First of all you cant piano elec, from anything, you get magic series. Only way is to mash jab 5 times, and it is just not possible.

His balls are so unsafe its not even funny. Only thing he has going are ok magic series because of c.fp range, but so many characters can do that better.

pic3.jpg

Chev

Thought Capcom would have went for a route to cut down file size of patches and stuff. Weird engine in general, not very DLC friendly from the way it manages character files.
It's a tricky problem, notably linked to load times. It boils down to it being faster to load a big contiguous block of data than several small ones. Since character data's pretty heavy I suppose they felt they needed all the speed they could muster.

holdbrillanj

Neo Member
Dudley:

The good

Excellent high/low mixups, even better in this game because of the high combo damage. Also the overhead looks slightly faster and more frame advantage.

Good tag combos because MGB leaves the opponent grounded. Certain characters can even get a jumpin combo off it. His EX MGB combos are also good if your second char is lacking in damage or has a floaty jump. His tag in combo off a launcher is the same damage as hugo.

LP jet upper recovers so fast. He can do st.mp/c.hk after it even midscreen, and follow up with another jet upper or mgb.

Ton of anti airs in a game where there are few good. MP jet upper has a ton of invincibility frames and is also a good reversal.

J.HK is as good as ever, and it even gives groundbounce on airborn opponent and in juggles.

Easy links and excellent target combos. Also his jet upper has more range, so you can do c.mp c.mp lp jet upper and it will connect.

Thunderbolt is great for oki. After a jet upper, do a HK thunderbolt and they will be unable to roll. If they quick stand they has to block it crossup and it is safe on block. EX thunderbolt gives groundbounce.

Scary pressure game with his frame traps. Also he still has his empty duck cancels. His super fast walk speed also makes tick throws more viable than other characters.

MGB not knocking down in a game with rolls is a blessing. Its just so good.

HP jet upper is 2 hit, so it allows jump combos after a tag cancel.

The bad

Bad magic series. Little range.

He still cant do footsie games because he has little answer to low pokes.

The ugly

No rose taunt or gutter trash.

zlatko

Banned
So I was trying to do EWGF combos down on my own last night without looking at the guides some peeps have put up for it yet, and could get 1 every 7 or so times. I'll read up and watch videos tonight to see if I can get it more often.

I was getting damn near 500 meterless mid screen combos thanks to it. Shit is bananas.

Upped my best meterless combo with Rolento to do 400 some in corner which is also an improvement.

Lastly, I spent more time with Steve again, and am finally just getting the execution down for combos to just muscle memory. I feel a little more training room time is what I need before I can grind it out hard with him to replace my Rolento.

Steve/Kazuya seems like a strong team to me, but I may just do Kazuya/Steve and spend the meter with Steve if I can get those EWGF combos with Kazuya down. I just feel if I can keep pressure up with Steve though,then juicing him with meter gems is a good idea so Kazuya can do even more with my current attack gem load out.

Hell I may even go with my pre release dream team of Rolento/Steve since patriot circle gives u forever to do to a tag cancel combo into steve. I just wish Steve had better anti air options and a cross up. ; ;

mr. puppy

Banned
Alright I'm not so salty about this game anymore if you turn off gems. It doesn't make me feel like i'm playing fucking Bejewelled Blitz anymore.

I'm really obsessed with an anchor that can basically act as an assist, and this game needs lockdown and resets to really get you damage.

I'm going Law/Ken until I find something better to play with. Tatsu 'assist' lockdown is godlike, and Law is just too much damn fun.

If you can keep the pressure on with Steve he's absolutely terrifying. Does some of the highest damage in the game (probably THE highest) once you can work flicker cancelling into your repertoire.

I tried out Hugo tonight. Holy shit O_O

Got myself kicked from a lobby and I don't even use that mofo

AAK

Hmm, I probably missed them but I didn't see a bunch of big Norcal names like Rikcy, Mr. Naps, Bronson, Rom, among others.

Can anyone give me some tips on comboing out of launchers/switches? What's the timing on those? I thought it might have been just bad character synergy, but after watching some replays on the replay channel and some combo videos on Youtube, it might be that I just suck. What are good moves to do out of a launcher/what's the timing for input? Sorry for the scrubby question but I'm slowly trying to actually learn how to do real combos in this and hopefully raise my skill level some.

Shouta

Can anyone give me some tips on comboing out of launchers/switches? What's the timing on those? I thought it might have been just bad character synergy, but after watching some replays on the replay channel and some combo videos on Youtube, it might be that I just suck. What are good moves to do out of a launcher/what's the timing for input? Sorry for the scrubby question but I'm slowly trying to actually learn how to do real combos in this and hopefully raise my skill level some.

Off Launchers:

You'll what to do a move that either hits them up, ground bounces them, or do your combo right from there.

An example of a move that bounces them up would be Lili's Angle Knee attack where she hits her opponent like an SRK. That one knocks enemies up into the air giving you more time so you can land more attacks on them.

A rebounce would be something like Nina's lp + mk, or Pauls' f+mp where they'll hit the opponent into the ground and it'll bounce them up again. From there, you can do a combo using a normal to buffer.

Or you can do a combo from there. An example would be Kuma who can do a standing HK into a Megaton Claw HP variation. You just have to get the timing down so that you hit the opponent as they're coming within range of your attack.

Off switches.

You'll want to find a bread and butter setup that allows you to switch safely and continue the combo, typically that comes from either using a standard combination of normal attacks or or a special set up. Switch in your character just when the move ends so you can continue the combo.

An example of this would be Law's HCF+MP where he'll smack the opponent and fire off rapid punches before smacking into the ground where they'll bounce. You can switch in while he's doing the attack and continue the combo from there.

You'll just need to find the timing on the characters you play.

I'm having such a hard time playing jin....

simple combo - cr.lp cr.lp cr.mk SS Thrusting Uppercut st.mk SS lp/mp

I can get this in training mode just fine. I can get it in training mode against the cpu just fine....but put me in a match with *gasp* a real person and all i can get is cr.lp....the other one cr.lp rarely comes out. If it does, then I drop cr.mk. If it lands than I drop SS.

>_<

V_Arnold

I'm having such a hard time playing jin....

simple combo - cr.lp cr.lp cr.mk SS Thrusting Uppercut st.mk SS lp/mp

I can get this in training mode just fine. I can get it in training mode against the cpu just fine....but put me in a match with *gasp* a real person and all i can get is cr.lp....the other one cr.lp rarely comes out. If it does, then I drop cr.mk. If it lands than I drop SS.

>_<

I was like that for a few days as well! :D

What pushed me over the edge is going to the online training mode with a friend. I was having a hard time doing that against him in the real match, but being able to connect the whole combo a few times in there helped me ease my hands, and ever since that, once I connect with Jin online, the full combo (well, until s.mk) comes out. So satisfying.

a launcher puts them into the air meaning limited juggle points. the easiest way to do good damage with any character coming in from a launcher would be normal, link into another normal, cancel into a special or sweep for hard knockdown. if you want to do any more damage past that you have to spend meter and do a switch cancel to reset the juggle points. or spend 2 bars for an easy mode super. many characters can of course get fancier without spending any meter, but i'd stick with basic stuffs for now until you get the hang of it.

if you're not very good with timing yet. start off with a standing jab for your first normal. or you could simply just do a single normal cancelled into a special. it'll do less damage, but it'll be a lot easier to connect.

switch cancel combos are a lot more character specific, so its hard to really go into any detail without referencing specific characters moves. however, you can switch cancel nearly almost any move in this game. its just a matter of finding the ones that will maximize damage or positioning.

if the switch cancel leaves them on the ground, follow up with your normal bnb. if the switch cancel leaves them in the air, follow up with your normal ender that you would do if it were a regular launcher combo. they might need minor adjustments.

diztrukted said:
its easy for lag to throw off timing. just gotta play online more often to get used to the netcode.

Jenga

Banned
I want to use Heihachi, but I don't know how to use him. He's just so slow and I always forget which uppercut can combo into another.

Does anyone have any tips how to play Heihachi?

You're a walking tank. When you move it's to dash or jump in reaction to a fireball or air attack. When they foolishly get in on you, you have one of the best counters in the game and one of the easiest, and deadliest mixups.

zlatko

Banned
You're a walking tank. When you move it's to dash or jump in reaction to a fireball or air attack. When they foolishly get in on you, you have one of the best counters in the game and one of the easiest, and deadliest mixups.

But the negative is he looks like Dr. Wiley. ; ;

Threi

notag
so dudley gets a bunch of stupid shit and everyone is happy, while blanka gets the shaft...and everyone is happy

never change gaf.

ugh.

Top Bottom