• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

You can tell who Capcom focused on when making the game and the characters they forgot about.

Kazuya and Heihachi have 50/50 mixup blockstrings.

how is that even fair :(

Holy shit I search same skill and twice in a row found someone 2000BP higher than me that hooped my ass. wtf man

why does kazuya hit so fucking hard, my god

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
It's not silly for certain games, but for the SF series it is. The way SF handles the game searches is it always defaults to bringing up lobbies of your native PSN region. Even if you set the search to "Any", it'll still 90% bring back native region matches. For us here in Japan, to ensure you get 100% lag free games and that you have an easy time finding a game, you should always play on your JPSN account. Even though we live in Japan, the game will still base the search results off of our PSN's region. Every once in a while a Japanese match will be mixed in with your results, but it takes a while before one shows. European games are usually the main ones mixed in.

Now if you're playing with friends it doesn't matter what region you're all on because if you all live in Japan the connection will be fine regardless. So if you and I play and I'm on a US account and you're on a UK one it makes no difference. But whenever I'm done playing with my friends, I always switch to my JPSN account to play. Also if I'm playing 2v2 with someone else one of us is always on their JPSN account and they're the main match searcher.

Hope that helped. I'll add you and the other guys from this page later.
Many thanks for the helpful reply and the add! I'll send a request from my JPN account later (once I get online properly at my new apartment).

That's really interesting. I guess it doesn't matter which region of the disc you have? The JP version just dropped through my letterbox this minute. Bloody hell that intro was awesome. Like every AMV maker's wet dream! Haha.

Curious that it works differently from game-to-game. I play the EU version of Dark Souls on my EU account in Japan, and usually end up playing with a lot of Japanese players.

Urgh. I don't know what's up with my 360. My computer is working on the internet fine, but I'm dropping/lagging in matches like crazy. I hope this isn't the sign of the coming red ring of death. I was hoping it'd get at least to it's 2nd birthday. :|

Been fighting a lot of Team Korea of the matches I do get to play. Didn't realize Juri/Hwoarang was such a popular combination. Have yet to fight a Hugo OR a Ryu/Ken. I'm honestly surprised.

Dartastic

Fuck all those dick faced cock masters who use auto block in ranked AND also use Hugo and Zangief, who have super armored moves. You suck ballz.

Tobe

yeah but is there like a trick to it? like how do you do links if you are bad at them

just constant practice, if you have sf4 just try doing ryu's cr.mp~cr.mp. links are things that you gets used to by gathering experience from fights and practice mode. Some ppl do it by visual cues or sound tho its better to do it by muscle memory (cause of tv lag and sound glitches)
Also good knowledge of moves will get you very far in linking, by knowing how much +frames on hit a move has makes it easier to know what you can link after it.
also try double tapping the buttons, double the inputs double the chances of the link.
in the end its just pure practice that will get you to link.

Man, it's hard to rank up in ranked in this. Win one match, go up 50, lose one match, go down 40. Unless you put together a streak you're not going anywhere. :\

conman

Man, it's hard to rank up in ranked in this. Win one match, go up 50, lose one match, go down 40. Unless you put together a streak you're not going anywhere. :\
Why would you want to rank up? It would only mean losing more.

I have yet to pass the 70-point mark, so I know all too well the experience. Basically, it means I stick to the Endless matches.

Shouta

It's pretty standard for Japanese ranking systems. Once you get used to your team and the assy netcode, you'll start picking up wins pretty easily. I'm sitting at 22ish wins in a row right now. Lots of clawing through folks with Kuma.

Please. Tell me how.

You can tag cancel off of EX Flying Barcelona, and you get a free charged EX Sky High Claw off any hard knockdown(my personal favorite).

You can tag cancel off the comboed EX Flying Barcelona's wall jump, but I don't think it's that great an option unless you have an awesome combo that needs the height.

It's pretty standard for Japanese ranking systems. Once you get used to your team and the assy netcode, you'll start picking up wins pretty easily. I'm sitting at 22ish wins in a row right now. Lots of clawing through folks with Kuma.

Ugh tell me about it. In training I can reliably do my King combo 99% of the time, but I've yet to put together the full string in an online match because I keep dropping it mid-combo due to what I'm assuming is input lag. Hopefully I get to the point where I start winning more than one match at a time.

I've started using Zangief/King as my main team, even though I normally hate wrestler types in SF. I feel a little dirty using Zangief but I actually try and play with him instead of spamming lariats, so I think I'm okay.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I love Kuma.

Most of the time when you have an animal in a game like this, they're like a mutant animal or a cyborg or something. Like Ammy is a wolf, but she's also a god. Kuma's just like "sup, I'm a fucking bear." He's just a fucking bear.

I love Kuma.

Most of the time when you have an animal in a game like this, they're like a mutant animal or a cyborg or something. Like Ammy is a wolf, but she's also a god. Kuma's just like "sup, I'm a fucking bear." He's just a fucking bear.

If I had even a little bit of a knack for Kuma's moveset, I'd put him with King and make Team Growl. I like Kuma as a character, but his moves just don't inspire me. :(

I got my guide today. It's pretty light compared to the UMvC3 one, like half the thickness. Plus the bnbs that it shows are weak.

At least it has frame data.

laaame

I got my guide today. It's pretty light compared to the UMvC3 one, like half the thickness. Plus the bnbs that it shows are weak.

At least it has frame data.

Well this game only has 38 characters (not including dlc) so 400 pages is fine, about as long as vanilla mvc3. And the bnbs in the guides are never that great by themselves, they usually are just good enough that to give you a reason to experiment around to find a better combo (or at least gives other people ideas, I suck).

Shouta

If I had even a little bit of a knack for Kuma's moveset, I'd put him with King and make Team Growl. I like Kuma as a character, but his moves just don't inspire me. :(

Kuma combos are like braindead easy to do and does huge damage. The normals take some time getting used to but man he gots some crazy damage on them anyway since it's 40/70/110.

I love Kuma.

I played through arcade with Hei/Kuma. I love how he just talks "bear". And Hei is like, yea, I understand all that. Or something.

Bears are awesome.

Morris

Disco Devil
You can tell who Capcom focused on when making the game and the characters they forgot about.

Kazuya and Heihachi have 50/50 mixup blockstrings.

how is that even fair :(

why does kazuya hit so fucking hard, my god

Yeah, I feel the same way. Some Kazuya ended my 30 game ranked streak tonight.

All you can do is pray you block the 50/50 correctly and punish it, but there are some players that don't do the unsafe (on block) low/high mixup unless hit confirm'd and just harass you with that godlike lp>mp (or whatever that blockstring is)...

EDIT: Actually, I just remembered that the first hit of his overhead move doesn't hit high, so, IT'S NOT THAT BAD! In that case, all you have to do is block low and watch out for the overhead thing.

Which also brings me to a question: Is his EX Overhead move actually a full overhead?

Also lost against a 10k BP Ryu after that. All he did was that safe ass donkey kick pressure...

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Many thanks for the helpful reply and the add! I'll send a request from my JPN account later (once I get online properly at my new apartment).

That's really interesting. I guess it doesn't matter which region of the disc you have? The JP version just dropped through my letterbox this minute. Bloody hell that intro was awesome. Like every AMV maker's wet dream! Haha.

Curious that it works differently from game-to-game. I play the EU version of Dark Souls on my EU account in Japan, and usually end up playing with a lot of Japanese players.

For everything past vanilla SF the disc has always had both versions on the disc and changes depending which language is your default system language. So if you have your system set to English the game will default to English. That still has nothing to do with which PSN account you're logged in on for network play.

Dark Souls had worldwide servers but I'd assume it matches players by region as well. My JP version gets mostly Japanese players but I'm sure if I took it to America I'd get more American players. Battlefield 3 has Asian servers designated for us but we can usually tell quickly when we're on one based in California. Journey has been matching me with all non-JP players, although the JP version came out a week late (well for non-Plussers) so that one might be region-based. Anyway, every game has its own rules. For fighting games though, always best to go JPSN for real competition and your main PSN for practice/trophies.

You can tag cancel off of EX Flying Barcelona, and you get a free charged EX Sky High Claw off any hard knockdown(my personal favorite).

You can tag cancel off the comboed EX Flying Barcelona's wall jump, but I don't think it's that great an option unless you have an awesome combo that needs the height.

I learn something new every day. This game is such a great mashup of the two titles :^)

Shouta

Bear power! Good games, Qis. I'm just gonna have to play more defensive against you and get more Fraud Bear Dances.

hertog

I want to use Heihachi, but I don't know how to use him. He's just so slow and I always forget which uppercut can combo into another.

Does anyone have any tips how to play Heihachi?

Top Bottom