• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

I think after all this time (had the game since launch) I finally found my main team (Vega/King)...so now I can start actually really practicing.

Tell me how that workouts for you. I went with the "Enter The Dragon" cast instead. Vega and Law......So much damage after a tag out.....

zlatko

Banned
Nah lets cry about how "OP" hugo is instead

The thing I would nerf about hugo is the jump float on his splash, and maybe a little off on his current damage. Once you toss in attack gems it's like holy Jesus.

Gief is a tougher one on how to balance. Reducing SPD range is always an option or maybe doing something to lariat.

Idk I'm not a buff/nerf wizard, but I def. think Hugo in his current state is a bit OP and could use subtle tweaks to make him less able to kill you with only 2 correct guesses.

Lariat beats some sweeps too. Was going for a sweep one time and opponent did lariat and beat it.

So I tried close to 1/4 of the characters. So far I plan on playing with,

Akuma, Guile, Abel, Chun, Cammy, Ryu, Ken, Kazuya, Zangief, Dhalsim, Sagat and Bison.

Pac-man, the cats, Kuma, Heihachi, Nina and Rufus, well I find some of their stuff entertaining to do, they don't gel with me. Have yet to try the rest of the cast.
join the asuka club.

the kick lariat has lower body invulnerability, but theres an 11 frame window of recovery of which you can punish.

dr2k said:
He is, and he will be nerfed accordingly if Capcom is consistant.
i don't think he needs many nerfs, if any at all. but i wouldn't mind seeing them just to get rid of the complainers/bandwagoners.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Man..Heihachi is my new surprise character. Fairly easy links/confirms and crazy damage even with no meter. Question is does he have a reliable anti-air..

Riposte

Man..Heihachi is my new surprise character. Fairly easy links/confirms and crazy damage even with no meter. Question is does he have a reliable anti-air..

I don't know if I would call it reliable, but Chrome dome works surprisingly well.

Back+MP is situational, but it is free damage if you can get it.

SUPARSTARX

I'm so bad at doing electrics. I can't do them raw to save my life. But I can do them off normal cancels with some sort of success. maybe a 5% success rate in the past 30 minutes, nothing but DORIIIIYAAAAAAAAAA~DORIIIIYAAAAAAAAAA~DORIIIIYAAAAAAAAAA~~~~~~~~~

Degen

Lol, 10000+ BP and Hugo still makes a scrub out of you. Hold dat!

All Kuma did was get his ass kicked until he had to LMH Launcher out... Literally, that's all the damage he did besides a throw in one round and a sweep in another.

not a good look, bear... not a good look. Save us, Jack-X

Grifter

Just got back from a tourney. Every match but one for me leading up to winner's final was vs. a Rufus, which I was ready for. Then I get to winner's final vs. Raven, knocked to loser's final vs. Raven, got peaced out. HOW TO FIGHT RAVEN.

I need a Marvel-lite team of Ogre/Raven.

Also I tried to focus attack twice.

impact

Banned
The thing I would nerf about hugo is the jump float on his splash, and maybe a little off on his current damage. Once you toss in attack gems it's like holy Jesus.

Gief is a tougher one on how to balance. Reducing SPD range is always an option or maybe doing something to lariat.

Idk I'm not a buff/nerf wizard, but I def. think Hugo in his current state is a bit OP and could use subtle tweaks to make him less able to kill you with only 2 correct guesses.

Hugo: nerf his damage
Gief: nerf SPD range, lariat

zlatko

Banned
Just got back from a tourney. Every match but one for me leading up to winner's final was vs. a Rufus, which I was ready for. Then I get to winner's final vs. Raven, knocked to loser's final vs. Raven, got peaced out. HOW TO FIGHT RAVEN.

I need a Marvel-lite team of Ogre/Raven.

Also I tried to focus attack twice.

Raven is a character I need experience against as well. I've dabbled with him myself just to prepare myself for what he's capable of. I feel online a lot of the opening up is just because of the over head kick and my unfamiliarity with seeing it coming.

I don't have to worry about his zoning since I play Kazuya on my team. His teleports are so-so, because if I'm right you can jab him when he does it if you react to it or try neutral jumping it? Not sure what he can do if you opt to neutral jump on reaction to a teleport he does.

Good character either way. Feel like he's top 10 material at pro level.

Hey GAF. Quick question. Me and a friend want to fight each other online. It seems like you can only partner up with tem and duel someone else...is this true? I just really want to duel my friend...

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Losing 500+ because I lost air to air is stupid

fuck

Giving up a jab leads to the same damage. Seriously..everyone on JPSN plays a severe case of footsies to hit confirm 3 lp or lk into launcher. They also jumpin/crossup nonstop as very few of the Tekken cast have good AA. Play Ryu and they never jump again.

AEREC

Man I really need to work on my pressure game...I think ive spent more time in practice mode than in actual matches (over the course of SF4, SSF4, MvC3, and now SFxT). Ive gotten in the habit of once I complete a combo I take a small break before trying again.

So basically Im not sure what to do one Ive completed the move I was trying to pull off in a match.

Do you just keep jabbing and poking until you see an opening for another combo?

amusing thing about lariat is it doesn't even hit behind gief anymore
it hits behind him in only the first few active frames. and after that it only hits him in the front non-crouchable. and the last few frames are crouchable. you have to time it just right to use it as an anti-air for crossups.

the kick lariat is different where the first frames are crouchable, and then the last few are not. combined with the lower body invulnerability, this is what catches sweeps.

Rocwell

I think the active frames on Hugo's splash is what makes it the most annoying. It's active for the duration of his jump and it just beats everything. It's like a Super Turbo style jump attack in a game without ST style anti-air.

I've been practicing with the Mishimas, Kazuya is so superior to Jin that is not even funny.
I really wanted Jin to be more dominant, but heck, If you get the timing, finess and execution plus the mist step buffering with Jin your average combo is around 350 damage, then Kazuya with 3 or 4 easy linkable hits nets you 400+ damage WTF!

ElFly

People are asking for more Zangief nerfs?

rCxY1.jpg

Leave throwing alooooone!!!! ;_;

Next thing free throws will be back as a rule.

MrPliskin

Banned
My buddy made a pretty awesome Chun-Li "rage face" comic, thought it would be perfect for SFxT threads.

4S8ws.jpg

On topic: I'm absolutely terrible at this game (well, 2D fighters in general). I just don't have the reflexes or timing to do any of the meaningful combos. I usually end up just turtling up and trying my best to chip away at the opponent. Are the challenge mode combos actually effective in high level play?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Im not sure if its me, the lag or the userbase for fighters just not being very big but goddamn I keep going back to having 0 BP over and over.

Ive been playing fighting games for 20 years and it feels like thats the bare minimum. People with 100BP dont drop any links and seem to know all the matchups already, its crazy.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Im not sure if its me, the lag or the userbase for fighters just not being very big but goddamn I keep going back to having 0 BP over and over.

Ive been playing fighting games for 20 years and it feels like thats the bare minimum. People with 100BP dont drop any links and seem to know all the matchups already, its crazy.

Ranked is pretty fray for me. I beat like the #6 BP dude a few nights ago even.

On the other hand, I did nothing but lose for like 3 hours straight the other night in the GAF FGC Illuminati lobby.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Ranked is pretty fray for me. I beat like the #6 BP dude a few nights ago even.

On the other hand, I did nothing but lose for like 3 hours straight the other night in the GAF FGC Illuminati lobby.

Yeah like "oh he did a fierce shoryuken, as soon as he lands Im gonna *I get hit as soon as HE lands instead*"

Thats happening to me CONSTANTLY

Anyhow, if anybody wants to play, send me a FR for PSN (east coast) Xavipants For some reason, most of the people I added for SF IV and UMvC3 watch a lot of Netflix, lol

Guanoape

Neo Member

I was in the exact same situation. After ~50 online matches I was still at 0BP, so I decided to switch from Bison/Nina to Vega/Kazuya. I now have 800BP - and counting. My advice (if this wasn't already the case): pick a top tier. It makes the game a lot more enjoyable.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
My buddy made a pretty awesome Chun-Li "rage face" comic, thought it would be perfect for SFxT threads.

4S8ws.jpg

On topic: I'm absolutely terrible at this game (well, 2D fighters in general). I just don't have the reflexes or timing to do any of the meaningful combos. I usually end up just turtling up and trying my best to chip away at the opponent. Are the challenge mode combos actually effective in high level play?

LOL good face.

Challenge mode does show some basic combos you should probably memorize to get more damage off a landed hit. Some of the more difficult combos are more examples of how the linking system works, to give you ideas on what you can accomplish. I don't think you really have to worry about those.

Sayah

This may be irrelevant to this thread but aside from Poison, are there any other characters that have a region-based identity? Or are there any other prominent examples of localization efforts where significant changes have been made to adapt the game/characters to the local cultures?

sleepykyo

This may be irrelevant to this thread but aside from Poison, are there any other characters that have a region-based identity? Or are there any other prominent examples of localization efforts where significant changes have been made to adapt the game/characters to the local cultures?
Leo from Tekken 6?

Top Bottom