• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Tobe

Friends are over and they're playing SFxT and they're all choosing Ken/Ryu and button-mashing. I want to yell at them. :(

i would prefer my casual friends to do that and play rather than not playing at all. once you start being kinda good at something and your friends are still mashing buttons its not fun for them. :(

Nose Master

If anyone has access to a forum or anything with downloadable characters: Try and get me some close ups of all the sides of Cody's Edi-E / Cop alt costume? I need it for reasons. PM or somethin, please. Thank you :O

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Any Lili players out there have a rec for a partner? I'm a bit sick of Steve so want to mix it up. Maybe Heihachi?

Since this is MLG's first event with fighters back in the fray, I can't help it but wonder what's going on with Capcom games again. Does IPL have the rights to SFxT? They had that exhibition in there last event and there name was plastered all over Cross Assault so I figure they have the ok from Capcom to run the game in the future. But has there been any confirmation yet?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Can't go wrong with Cammy.

I'm actually staying away from SF chars until the dlc because none of them are my mains or fit my playstyle. But it's weird because none of my Tekken mains are in the game..so I'm basically playing all new chars. I dunno why I even chose Lili other than I love her anti air down forward hk.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
When I first started playing this game I was like "Shotos actually have to commit to random dps now? Fuck yea." Now I'm disappointed as I realize that dp into switch cancel is like dp fadc, but better.

Shadybiz

Finally got to play some more Endless last night. I joined a room that said "Beginners Welcome," played 3 matches, won 2 of them, and got booted. Not sure why..if they looked at my record, they'd see that they were my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th ever online matches. I didn't win by that much either, just a hair. Also wasn't being totally cheap, as I was using Hwaorang and Guile. Felt good and bad at the same time, man.

Hey man, if you know anything past fireball/shoryu and jumping roundhouse -> sweep you're not a beginner

You probably did a combo that was more than 3 hits

Shadybiz

Hey man, if you know anything past fireball/shoryu and jumping roundhouse -> sweep you're not a beginner

You probably did a combo that was more than 3 hits

Yeah, that's a good point. I think the host was the person that beat me though, so it was a bit weird. Ah well, I'm sure it won't be the only time.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Yeah, that's a good point. I think the host was the person that beat me though, so it was a bit weird. Ah well, I'm sure it won't be the only time.

I think there's some kind of rule that hosts of battle rooms in Capcom fighting games must kick anyone who A: isn't a friend and B: wins more than one match, ever.

See, winning is cheap. Like throwing. Except when the host does it.

Because he's got mad skillz.

When I first started playing this game I was like "Shotos actually have to commit to random dps now? Fuck yea." Now I'm disappointed as I realize that dp into switch cancel is like dp fadc, but better.

What's the best punishes for that? I was thinking of just throwing out a super every time I see that happen cause I always get grabbed out of any normal by the other character coming in

I'm not sure what the exact frames are but if you have a 3-frame jab that's a free and easy punish. Like, they're not safe at all. Just go to training mode and acquaint yourself with the timing.

kitzkozan

Was watching some 2 vs 2 videos and the game has grown on me some more. :] This is a really good game despite the flaws (cross art should stop the clock, health regen is too strong, SFIV damage scaling isn't appropriate for this game, issues with online, pandora need work) or the DLC silliness. It reward you for legit FG skills just like most good FG game do (including KOF XIII) . It's not perfect right now and some tweaks are needed, but it's so nice to see deadly grapplers in a Capcom FG. Also love seeing that Tekken characters are doing what they were designed to do anyway, high/low mixup leading into ton of damage (Floe's Jin is already awesome, especially when he connect with an overhead) .

Man, these casuals.

After game winning 2/5 games easily, I finally get one of my meter gems to trigger with Ryu (I have triple meter gems on him). The guys goes "OHHH I SEE. YOU AREN'T THAT GOOD. YOU'RE USING COMBO GEMS AND SHIT. THAT'S WHY YOU'RE GLOWING BLUE. NO WONDER YOU KEEP HITTING THOSE COMBOS. YOU AIN'T THAT GOOD YOU JUST GEMS".

Lolwut.

Proceeds to kick me and call me a cheater.

To be fair, he was claiming he couldn't block my Marduk's command grabs and that I was just using 1 combo over and over

Imm0rt4l

Man, these casuals.

After game winning 2/5 games easily, I finally get one of my meter gems to trigger with Ryu (I have triple meter gems on him). The guys goes "OHHH I SEE. YOU AREN'T THAT GOOD. YOU'RE USING COMBO GEMS AND SHIT. THAT'S WHY YOU'RE GLOWING BLUE. NO WONDER YOU KEEP HITTING THOSE COMBOS. YOU AIN'T THAT GOOD YOU JUST GEMS".

Lolwut.

Proceeds to kick me and call me a cheater.

To be fair, he was claiming he couldn't block my Marduk's command grabs and that I was just using 1 combo over and over

YOU AIN'T THAT GOOD YOU JUST GEMS

He has a point

kitzkozan

I feel like this should be 2 v 2 at Evo.

I think it will be 2 vs 2 for a couple of reason:

1) Most pros find it more fun to play the game 2 vs 2 than solo anyway

2) You can run through the brackets faster, which will be a plus since you also have MvC3 and SFIV with many of the same players in those game. It also give you a safety net if there's still plenty of timeout.

3) It's probably the best way to showcase the game anyway, as cross assault is best suited for 2 players trying to use crazy mixups instead of a player+AI.

kitzkozan said:
I think it will be 2 vs 2 for a couple of reason:
i don't know. if anything, there should be two tournaments. a lot of the team tournaments for other games don't really require practice as a team, so they tend to form teams randomly on the day of or a few days before. for this game, its a definite requirement. so those people that have a chance to practice as a team (which i think would be fewer than you'd imagine) for weeks or months have a clear advantage. unless of course you're mike ross. the best team is always mike ross+anyone else.

AEREC

I think after all this time (had the game since launch) I finally found my main team (Vega/King)...so now I can start actually really practicing.

Solune

I'm actually staying away from SF chars until the dlc because none of them are my mains or fit my playstyle. But it's weird because none of my Tekken mains are in the game..so I'm basically playing all new chars. I dunno why I even chose Lili other than I love her anti air down forward hk.

In that case from the Tekken side, I would try Xiao Yu, Hwoarang, or Raven.

Lariat is too fucking good

Wanna jump in? Lariat
Wanna cross up? Lariat
Wanna apply pressure? Lariat
Wanna poke? Lariat
Wanna block a lariat? Grab

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Lariat beats some sweeps too. Was going for a sweep one time and opponent did lariat and beat it.

So I tried close to 1/4 of the characters. So far I plan on playing with,

Akuma, Guile, Abel, Chun, Cammy, Ryu, Ken, Kazuya, Zangief, Dhalsim, Sagat and Bison.

Pac-man, the cats, Kuma, Heihachi, Nina and Rufus, well I find some of their stuff entertaining to do, they don't gel with me. Have yet to try the rest of the cast.

Top Bottom