• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

LakeEarth

Can you punish Hugo's autoblock move and Law's moves where he leaves you in a ton of blockstun?

With Law's move, it's really tough. And it has so many invulnerability frames for it's EX version! I'd suggest that against Laws, to backdash sometimes on their wakeup because it's easy to punish on whiff, but difficult on block.

Grifter

Thanks, guys. I've been looking for the best ways to punish those moves. Kinda BS that Hugo gets the armor while charging but also a cool bonus.

What about Jin's d+KK? I'm scared of that getting spammed now cuz he can do db+KK, keeping his block for tight strings. You can try to throw it or jump the punch out of it and punish, but he switches to the AA kick and half your life is gone. For a character with a great ranged game, I'm not sure what to do when I close the gap yet.

"So I can't cancel Julia's dHP into f,f,MP like in that video. From what I understand, she's actually doing a dash cancel in order to do it? How do you do the dash cancel?"

You do d.hp, cancel into qcb+p but hold down p to charge (I use HP, some people use MP and negative edge), ff.mp.

I've been doing HP but negative edge should be smoother so I'll try that. Are you comfortable with f+MP > MP > f+MP > MK? I'm not yet. I've been going for f+MK > MP > f+MP > wind roll > c.LP > c.HP > (going to try to work an elbow in here).

This online is so fucking bullshit sometimes.

I'm playing ranked. I get a hit confirm, I try to finish the whole cross rush, game skips back a frame or two and he blocks it all and I whiff a launcher and get bodied for it.

What the fuck, its so stupid

Speaking of music, the bgm for the hovercraft-being-chased-by-mammoth stage sounds like it was taken straight out of Phantasy Star Online. Anyone else notice this or am I crazy?

Also, Rolento is OP as hell in scrub-zone. My friend and I ended up semi-banning him because we couldn't deal with his speed, range, and priority. Are there any tricks to overcoming him, or is it just something that will come with time/practice?

zlatko

Banned

I'm playing ranked. I get a hit confirm, I try to finish the whole cross rush, game skips back a frame or two and he blocks it all and I whiff a launcher and get bodied for it.

I've only had a few laggy games in ranked, but I agree. When the teleporting bull shit starts it makes me rage like no other.

I get "pro players" prefer the GGPO method of roll backs, but I much prefer the MvC3/SF4 way of just making it chug like a bitch till it d/cs the match.

Oh and last night was delicious. Two fools with over 2kBP each(one had 5k I think) were on a team together in ranked, I smash them, then right at the end as they are about to lose they rage out together.

#stayfreebuttbuddies

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Speaking of music, the bgm for the hovercraft-being-chased-by-mammoth stage sounds like it was taken straight out of Phantasy Star Online. Anyone else notice this or am I crazy?

Also, Rolento is OP as hell in scrub-zone. My friend and I ended up semi-banning him because we couldn't deal with his speed, range, and priority. Are there any tricks to overcoming him, or is it just something that will come with time/practice?

Backdashes and alpha counters, also jump kick him in the face when he tries stupid pogo shit.

Or just ban him and get owned by him later more cause you got mad about it

"I've been doing HP but negative edge should be smoother so I'll try that. Are you comfortable with f+MP > MP > f+MP > MK? I'm not yet. I've been going for f+MK > MP > f+MP > wind roll > c.LP > c.HP > (going to try to work an elbow in here)."

I just do c.LP > c.HP and likewise I'm working on doing elbows after that more consistently, but I'm starting to hit my "execution" plateau. I didn't realize Julia would end up being the most execution heavy character in the game. I tried getting c.HP after elbow for an hour or two and I'm pretty sure it's the hardest thing I've ever tried in a fighting game, at least as far as single moves/links go.

Backdashes and alpha counters, also jump kick him in the face when he tries stupid pogo shit.

Or just ban him and get owned by him later more cause you got mad about it

Rolento's baton really is easy as hell to alpha counter. Other moves might take actual timing but not that.
I wasn't kidding about "scrub-zone" -- I had to google what "alpha counters" are. Thanks guys, I'll give it a shot.

Grifter

I just do c.LP > c.HP and likewise I'm working on doing elbows after that more consistently, but I'm starting to hit my "execution" plateau. I didn't realize Julia would end up being the most execution heavy character in the game. I tried getting c.HP after elbow for an hour or two and I'm pretty sure it's the hardest thing I've ever tried in a fighting game, at least as far as single moves/links go.

Does that link even come into play? Every time I use elbow, it leaves me far enough that my only way to combo is c.LK, though I've mainly been zoning with it.

"Does that link even come into play? Every time I use elbow, it leaves me far enough that my only way to combo is c.LK, though I've mainly been zoning with it."

c.HP actually has a surprising amount of range, but it does require that you have elbowed relatively close. Apparently it is possible, but it is size specific (I didn't know that until just now).

Edit: Yeah, the link is much easier when you try it on characters it actually works on :).

XenoRaven

I wonder why they changed the Alpha Counter input from F+MP+MK to F+HP+HK.... it's inconsistent.
Probably because they wanted the tagging mechanics to take the place of SFIV's focus attack/cancel mechanics which were mapped to MP+MK. So when they wanted to implement Alpha counters they had to use a different set of buttons.

Fighting it hard when you or your opponent have iffy connections.
I just wanted to use this gif
funny-gifs-welcome-to-the-internet.gif

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Won't go there ever. They will have to step it up in various areas to complement my needs.

I'll play late tonight. Going to try out my new stick. Been using the Chun stick for PSN but now I have an Hori something.

Riposte

Except the online for the most part *if you mute it* is damn near perfect.
It honestly feels as smooth as BB

SC netcode is amazing as fuck though.

Are you saying that if you don't pay attention to sound drops it is flawless (in appearance) or there is a way to improve it if you somehow mute it?

LowParry

I'd honestly give the online a full review after the sound has been patched in to be fixed. But even still, the game runs really well online.

schwupp

it feels good for the most part - but capcom is not some small indie company.
they should have the ability to test their product at least once.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Are you saying that if you don't pay attention to sound drops it is flawless (in appearance) or there is a way to improve it if you somehow mute it?

Outside of some random weird connection issues between players which I'm assuming is firewall related on peoples routers. *sf3 had the same issue actually* Yes when you mute the game it is damn near flawless.

No game connecting with a high ping between players will play good this is just going off 4 and 3 bar connections at worst.

But even 2 bars at times isnt that bad.

Vanilla Marvel's online was absolutely terrible. My first two months in the game were spent fighting 2nd and 1st lords with 600+ matches even though I had barely passed five dozen myself. The fact that trying to search manually did not work at all was even worse and sometimes it took ten minutes to find someone by just sitting in a training room. This all happened even though 800k people bought the game in the first month. SFxT looks like a godsend compared to that. It'll be a fantastic step forward for Capcom if they sick with the GGPO style netcode and improve on it with delay settings(future games) and sound fixes.

You should also really buy BB:Extend if only to try the online portions and the characters. Training mode in lobbies before matches, online that set the bar for fighters until SCV came along(like three years ago now) and tons of lobby options for unlimited characters, player rotation and time settings. Game was packed in the online sector ever since CT came out back in the SFIV Vanilla days. Also, Spectator was there since the first release lol.

i don't know, the netcode in this game feels really good. but maybe its just the fact that i'm distracted by custom music, which mvc3 didn't have.

solarpowered said:
Vanilla Marvel's online was absolutely terrible. [...] SFxT looks like a godsend compared to that.
+1

Shouta

Definitely not flawless without sound. It's pretty janky even with a good connection between players. If you're used to it, you can tell where the frames drop and how it isn't as smooth as it is offline. Anything lower than 3 or 4 bars is utterly unplayable, even 3 can be pushing it at times. There's some very tight stuff on Kuma I could try and do but is impossible to land online.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
:-/
online magazine level review - game is released broken and still not fixed - 8/10 haha

Based off the 6 games played on both platforms. In the perspective of fighting games, the feel of SFxT really holds up as being one of the most accurate. For the PS3 version, if the sound was fixed and felt the same, it would be a 9/10.

I hate SFIV and am not fond of SFxT, but I do hope he gets well. Let's hope that no one starts posting dumb shit.

:(

No sound can be a deal breaker for a lot of people. I know I wouldn't bother with Extend if that sound issue was prevalent.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
One of the things that endeared me most to SFxT - that has nothing to do with gameplay - is the way the 4th way is liberally broken with posters of Ono and Harada "in character" in the stages, and his wind up blanka toy sneaked into the matte art everywhere in the game. Like in the menu backrounds and stuff.

People can say what they want, but it can't be denied that Ono one of the most self-effacing developers ever, and self mocking. That alone is worth its weight in gold in this industry.

Ferrio

Banned
One of the things that endeared me most to SFxT - that has nothing to do with gameplay - is the way the 4th way is liberally broken with posters of Ono and Harada "in character" in the stages, and his wind up blanka toy sneaked into the matte art everywhere in the game. Like in the menu backrounds and stuff.

People can say what they want, but it can't be denied that Ono one of the most self-effacing developers ever, and self mocking. That alone is worth its weight in gold in this industry.

I like the Dolls Billboard. You rarely see them referenced in Street Fighter games.

DR2K

Banned
:-/
online magazine level review - game is released broken and still not fixed - 8/10 haha

Yeah the sound effects should knock it down a few points, just because sound to me is very integral to hit confirms. The quality is decent, but the lack of rematch option and the amount of time to get inbetween matches is totally unreasonable. Installation should be required before you go online.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Played and won 10 straight matches in ranked. Not touching it ever again. Some of them I had to wait like 5 minutes to connect.

Ran into a 4000bp guy, thought he was going to whup my ass. He's worse than Panda.

Also using his own tricks against him, a runaway jump back fireball Akuma was hilarious.

Ferrio

Banned
Bah, my stick is in town.. but stuck at the post office. Bet I don't get it until monday :|. I wanted to play during the weekend.

Riposte

Man it's weird, but Hugo reminds me of Vayne from FFXII lol. If you beat it you know why.

Also imagine my surprise when the armor on a 'Gief charging his move ate Heihachi's super and he did a free super on me.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So what are the pairings for the actual endings?

I think I'm going to make a YT with all the endings.

Online was actually perfect today. Didn't have one laggy match. This is how it should be. I went on Bifu's stream and got a 7 game win streak and everything.

Top Bottom