• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Venfayth

That's why the Project Soul team for SC5 nailed matchmaking. Get to see the opponents rank and connection speed before accepting? Perfect. Now I can just fight people within in the same gap with good internets.

More developers need to do this, and the auto re-seek match after you finish in ranked like SC5 does.

The thing that pissed me off so much about AE's search was this:

Searching..

Search failed. Do you want to search again?

What do you fucking think, game?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Kazuya and Heihachi or Kazuya and Juri!? I just can't decide! Anyone know of a good place to learn about Heihachi and Juri? Is the guide awesome like the Marvel V Capcom one?

Shouta

King DOES NOT need more damage. He just needs more solid normals.

Julia needs more damage too imo oh ogre as well and Kuma needs a damage nerf *kappa*

You just want Ogre and Julia to dominate! Kuma is fine! He has bear limbs, bear speed, and terrible bear anti-air!

But seriously, A small increase to King's damage as it is right now, mostly on normals would be nice I think. He can't chain like crazy aside from spending meter on EX Convict kicks. I mean hell, his Reverse Arm Slam combo does the same damage across all punches which is kinda stupid.

Dartastic

You just want Ogre and Julia to dominate! Kuma is fine! He has bear limbs and bear speed!

But seriously, A small increase to King's damage as it is right now, mostly on normals would be nice I think. He can't chain like crazy aside from spending meter on EX Convict kicks. I mean hell, his Reverse Arm Slam combo does the same damage across all punches which is kinda stupid.
I just think people are playing him wrong. King should focus on using his counters more.

Ferrio

Banned
I just think people are playing him wrong. King should focus on using his counters more.

Relying on counters is never a good idea, which are incredibly shitty compared to juri's.

They need to make him into an actual grappler like he should be. Decrease the startup on his throws, so they're an actual threat. Improve his normals (they're almost all - on block).

I-hate-u

Yes Bob and Raven. And for the marvel gaf, it seems he is looking for a new characters as well. I want him to bring back Taskington

It make no fucking sense either because he has to use the proper one, meanwhile gief can grab you in either state near half screen away on a wiff 3 times faster

I think the grappler design is pretty bad (outside of damage) unless you're Gief or Hugo. Kuma for example has awful command grabs and terrible pokes in comparison to both of them with no notable advantages. The fact he has a high only command grab is idiotic given he has nothing to make the opponent block standing. As was the decision to give him another command grab with low range, slow start up, higher execution than any other grab in the game, and let's not forget it has a massive chance of crossing over with the inputs of 50% of his specials.

I mean king's shining wizzard only hits crouching opponents but that makes sense given people have plenty of reason to block low against him when he gets in. People have no reason what so ever to be blocking high against Kuma (beyond his 9,000 frame overhead).

zlatko

Banned

Da fuck is this shit?

The timing for an anti air one is tight as hell and needs to be done on prediction and not reaction, and once people know you do it, they just empty jump throw your ass. Sure you could try to knee if they start to do that, but it's a guessing game at that point.

As for his ground counter doesn't it only work against stand pokes? Which honestly most peeps use lows to start up footsies.

His counters and command grabs more so are just ass. He needs 1 command grab that covers both high and low, and his counters should be changed so the anti air one covers highs and jump ins, while the standing one should cover lows.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Gonna go back to maining Ogre, I just love him too much <3

Q, teach me your Ogre ways?

OMFG I'M FREE WITH OGRE, WDF, NO!!!

Press Lp, Mp, Lk, c.Lk, Hk a lot at desired ranges. Dash cancel backdash his firepunch x infinity when out of range of said attacks.

You are now awesome.

brian

I really don't understand this widespread idea that I'm seeing from pro players that 1vs1 SFxT is garbage, but 2vs2 is the most incredible thing. It's the same fucking game. The team dynamics do add an interesting element, but that doesn't change the core of the game.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I really don't understand this widespread idea that I'm seeing from pro players that 1vs1 SFxT is garbage, but 2vs2 is the most incredible thing. It's the same fucking game. The team dynamics do add an interesting element, but that doesn't change the core of the game.

Two characters are hard to learn and manage!

Ferrio

Banned

So you have someone to blame when you lose. MOBA effect.

Shouta

Relying on counters is never a good idea, which are incredibly shitty compared to juri's.

They need to make him into an actual grappler like he should be. Decrease the startup on his throws, so they're an actual threat. Improve his normals (they're almost all - on block).

What? King's PP counter is like one of the best Anti-Airs in the game. It'll pretty much stop anything as long as you got the timing down. Granted, it should be back and PP and the window should be longer. His KK version (High/Mid) isn't as good but can be nasty if you can read it.

I think the grappler design is pretty bad (outside of damage) unless you're Gief or Hugo. Kuma for example has awful command grabs and terrible pokes in comparison to both of them with no notable advantages. The fact he has a high only command grab is idiotic given he has nothing to make the opponent block standing. As was the decision to give him another command grab with low range, slow start up, higher execution than any other grab in the game, and let's not forget it has a massive chance of crossing over with the inputs of 50% of his specials.

I mean king's shining wizzard only hits crouching opponents but that makes sense given people have plenty of reason to block low against him when he gets in. People have no reason what so ever to be blocking high against Kuma (beyond his 9,000 frame overhead).

Kuma isn't really a grappler though His damage is in fact, clawing people to death for the most part. Kuma has really easy combos for big damage as long as you fish for them. You don't even have to use his throws to win. Kuma's Headbutt is only useful for a few surprise antics and fireball/occasional long poke punish. Circus' command is mega ass though and does pretty poop damage. But he seriously has nasty and easy damage, just landing a f.lp leads to 400-500 damage.

KaYotiX

Banned

Agree, i love King in Tekken but i dropped him in SF x T after about 4 matches. He needs a buff.

sleepykyo

Spectators just want to see the drama when a team loses.

Oh and see cross assault gimmicks. It's like the idea of no vortexes and other cheap stuff is the most repulsive thing ever.

People were so disappointed to see their block stun and unblockables were bs offline and alpha counterable.

Strangely, the old SF4 cross up unblockables are still in the game. Thanks Capcom. :/

impact

Banned
King and Yoshi are the only characters that desperately need buffs. Literally everything King has is too slow. His only use is a tag combo, then get him the fuck out before he gets blown up. I've actually been j.RH out of the DP anti-air grab :(

Ferrio

Banned
King and Yoshi are the only characters that desperately need buffs. Literally everything King has is too slow. His only use is a tag combo, then get him the fuck out before he gets blown up. I've actually been j.RH out of the DP anti-air grab :(

I don't think they ever meant it to be an anti air, just a jungle ender. Except his EX version but ugh he needs that meter for his konvict kick.

ferrio said:
His throws need less startup. 18 frames is pretty brutal.
It make no fucking sense either because he has to use the proper one, meanwhile gief can grab you in either state near half screen away on a wiff 3 times faster
king's grabs actually go further, especially his ex version. they have long startup because i assume due to the range (he dashes up a bit before grabbing). can't exactly be used for footsies like giefs though because of the slow speed, but the ex version has invulnerability.

honestly, what would make him scary is if if all versions and not just the ex had some frames of invulnerability. i'd take that over a faster startup.

impact said:
I've actually been j.RH out of the DP anti-air grab :(
why not use his counter special? his close standing strong isn't too bad either if timed right, so mix it up with that to prevent them baiting counter with empty jump.

Shouta

king's grabs actually go further, especially his ex version. they have long startup because i assume due to the range (he dashes up a bit before grabbing). can't exactly be used for footsies like giefs though because of the slow speed, but the ex version has invulnerability.

honestly, what would make him scary is if if all versions and not just the ex had some frames of invulnerability. i'd take that over a faster startup.

I could get behind invulnerability. LP Giant Swing is 250 (damage is reversed compared to SPD) damage so, it would be hot in close and personal.

The thing that pissed me off so much about AE's search was this:

Searching..

Search failed. Do you want to search again?

What do you fucking think, game?

I think the way that the way the game handles re-searching for matches has to do with PSN/XBL's regulation on it. I remember reading in the past about some developer saying that they had to do it this way because PSN/XBL rules said they had to.

Even SC5 has a "search failed, search again?" prompt, and they nailed their online implementation pretty well.

It probably has to do with server load; if clients are just left on a search loop, then it might be taxing on the servers. IDK.

I haven't run into this problem yet with SFxTK. It seems to search forever, which kind of makes me wonder why they were able to do it if what I recalled is true.

Horseress

Watching NCRX this weekend, I realized somethig....people NEED to stop changing characters during combos all the time! (don't remember if it has a specific name). This meter they spend is supposed to be used for Super Arts. It's more damaging then infinite's exchange combos and I bet there'll be a lot less time out's when people realize this....

Ferrio

Banned
Watching NCRX this weekend, I realized somethig....people NEED to stop changing characters during combos all the time! (don't remember if it has a specific name). This meter they spend is supposed to be used for Super Arts. It's more damaging then infinite's exchange combos and I bet there'll be a lot less time out's when people realize this....

Your argument would make sense if Super Arts didn't burn ton of time off the clock.

Venfayth

Well, in some cases I agree. But you can turn a 380 damage combo into a 480 damage combo with one bar, and then into a 550 damage combo with another bar. It's guaranteed damage.

Saved bar won't always get used. At least, until people are good with alpha counters.

sleepykyo

Hush, double exchanges are awesome.

edit: I need to double check the second part.

Horseress

Your argument would make sense if Super Arts didn't burn ton of time off the clock.

Let's pick an example: Jin's SA, it's LONG, maybe the longest.

If you hit it 3 times in a round, it'll kill a character (you can build a ton of bars in this game). And you have the time to do it. And it's garanted damage, you can't drop in the middle of an SA.
Now these exchange combos. It takes a little less time than the SA, you can drop those (it's hard not to drop) and they don't give as much damage as a SA.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Let's pick an example: Jin's SA, it's LONG, maybe the longest.

If you hit it 3 times in a round, it'll kill a character (you can build a ton of bars in this game). And you have the time to do it. And it's garanted damage, you can't drop in the middle of an SA.
Now these exchange combos. It takes a little less time than the SA, you can drop those (it's hard not to drop) and they don't give as much damage as a SA.

Single exchanges are worth it if you need a safe way to tag out and they will do more damage than a standard combo, double exchanges are almost never worth it.

Exchanging after a chain launcher is also really stupid, as chains scale super super hard in this game.

Horseress

Just made a test with Jin, 10 seconds and 394 damage it's the time of cr.MP cr.MP xx SA

And another test (I don't play Jin), took 20 seconds to build 2 bars, so you can do A LOT of damage just building bar and doing a SA.
I know, I love those crazy exchange combos too, but, if will gonna talk shit about a game, you gotta LEARN how to play it, play to win, not to do combo videos.

sleepykyo

Well, in some cases I agree. But you can turn a 380 damage combo into a 480 damage combo with one bar, and then into a 550 damage combo with another bar. It's guaranteed damage.

Saved bar won't always get used. At least, until people are good with alpha counters.

Unless it closes out the round or gives you the lead is it really worth spending the second bar to do 70 pts extra damage at the cost of wiping out 150-200pts of your own health?

C1 initiates.
C2 gets in first switch in. Neglible health loss.
C1 gets switched back in 3 hits later/1 sec later. Probably not a neglible loss of regenerable health.

Horseress

Single exchanges are worth it if you need a safe way to tag out and they will do more damage than a standard combo, double exchanges are almost never worth it.

Exchanging after a chain launcher is also really stupid, as chains scale super super hard in this game.

Yea, Infiltration was doing that all the time, and he won! People are styling AND shitting too much on this game....

And yes, I love this game ^^

Top Bottom