• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Balrog feels way2damn weird in this game. I can do his trials in SF4 with my eyes closed and using my feet.

I can't even get a lp after an ex upper now :(

He feels very off.

Charges in general feel very weird here. Sometimes they feel like they take too long and other times the come out a lot sooner than expected

impact

Banned
Balrog feels way2damn weird in this game. I can do his trials in SF4 with my eyes closed and using my feet.

I can't even get a lp after an ex upper now :(

That doesn't work in this game, does it?

He was one of my mains in AE, but I hate the way he plays in this game. Dat jab :(

Venfayth

I was testing some stuff earlier:

(all of these are midscreen combos)
Juri -> Xiaoyu ABC Launcher Full combo 0 meter: 325
Juri -> Xiaoyu BC Launcher Full combo 0 meter: 405
Juri Jumpin 0 meter: 324
Juri Jumpin 1 meter (switch cancel): 413 (60%)
Followup (2nd meter switch cancel): 566 (20%)

Xiaoyu -> Juri ABC Launcher Full combo 0 meter: 294
Xiaoyu -> Juri BC Launcher Full combo 0 meter: 326
Xiaoyu Jumpin 0 meter: 378
Xiaoyu Jumpin 1 meter (switch cancel): 482 (30%)
Followup (2nd meter switch cancel): 533 (10%)
Xiaoyu Jumpin 1 meter (switch cancel): 510 (20%)
Followup (2nd meter switch cancel): 538 (10%)

Juri's poor midscreen combos really benefit from the tag cancels. Xiao doesn't really.

The difference between ABC launcher and BC launcher isn't that significant unless Xiao is the one coming in, because of how hard her sweeps hit. I tried a couple different followups with Juri on Xiao's first tag cancel, but there wasn't much difference.

That doesn't work in this game, does it?

He was one of my mains in AE, but I hate the way he plays in this game. Dat jab :(

It does work, but the spacing is really specific I think.

Damn what I'd do to see Deejay in this game. Upkick into switch cancels would be a beauty with Hwoarang.

I'm trying to learn Lili now, my cousin whooped my ass with her earlier. She has so many options its crazy.

She has a counter, air grab, dive kick, amazing AA, Anti Projectile air attack, good low/high mixups, good normals

But really low health

Anybody else watching the PXG stream? Banana Ken is styling on iperu. Hate on the Ken and Ryu players all you want, what BK is doing right now is pretty impressive. Even with ass normals, I guess Ken is a lot better than I originally thought.

sleepykyo

Anybody else watching the PXG stream? Banana Ken is styling on iperu. Hate on the Ken and Ryu players all you want, what BK is doing right now is pretty impressive. Even with ass normals, I guess Ken is a lot better than I originally thought.

No. And I open the stream to wait for Latif to play against Snake Eyes. :/

5-0 against IPeru? Yes.
Come on 5-0 against Latif please.

Let all the mix-up players lose.

edit: Snake Eyes is using a Tekken character when Latif has Rufus? Darn.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
All good advice! I went back and tried the super and just as worldrevolution said, it doesn't work on Hugo. He gets thrown further by the start up kicks despite the fact that it makes no physical sense why the heaviest dude would be flung so easily.

Assuming you're not fighting Hugo, Law's max damage jump in is absolutely delicious. JHK -> sHK -> cr MP -> MP Fury Fist Rush -> cr HP -> SA does 570 damage, or 545 with a JMK

Daaaaaaaaaamn..thank you for testing it. The only reason it was fresh in my mind was because I JUST fought a Hugo before I read your post. Shit is bonkerz.

Threi

notag
DeeJay in this game would legitimately be a monster and easily the best charge char.

but that aint happenin lolololololo

Siaynoqq

I just won my first 3 ranked games in a row and my BP is still 0. It's odd because after every match it would show 50 BP being added to my 0 BP. What gives?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
He has no reliable anti airs or reversals, so if they just jump between pokes they can put massive pressure on him. He has the best walk speed and pokes in the game, but against a lot of characters that doesn't matter so much. Rufus, Hugo, Rolento etc just give him major headaches. He's good, but he has matchup issues.

Worth noting that Vega's super is a really, really, really good antiair in this game, though it's one of the lowest damage supers in the game so it's not always gonna be worth the meter.

I think Vega's a beast in this game, but it's probably a good idea to put him with a character with better reversals and such to cover his weaknesses. Probably best to pair him up with someone who does a lot of damage but has trouble getting in, like Asuka.

Aumann

hey guys how do you do kazuyas move where he does a 2 hit dark fist combo which bounces you up? im not talking about the down downleft left square combo which also bounces you but isnt the dark fist

I'm surprised there aren't more heihachi players, especially after watching some of the ncr stream. The guy is a friggin monster and takes no more than 5 minutes to learn (I know...I play him lol.) I picked him up on day 1 and was instantly hanging with people that had been playing this game 2-3 months before release. He has a braindead mixup, the most lethal jumping attack in the game (j.rh) and hits like a nuke. He feels to me like the wolverine of this game....but for some reason he's not that popular?? boggles my mind lol.

sleepykyo

I'm surprised there aren't more heihachi players, especially after watching some of the ncr stream. The guy is a friggin monster and takes no more than 5 minutes to learn (I know...I play him lol.) I picked him up on day 1 and was instantly hanging with people that had been playing this game 2-3 months before release. He has a braindead mixup, the most lethal jumping attack in the game (j.rh) and hits like a nuke. He feels to me like the wolverine of this game....but for some reason he's not that popular?? boggles my mind lol.

Which one back plus lp and forward plus mp or the forward plus lp variants?

I remember some of the players claimed to be able see the latter and just reversal the followups.

Jenga

Banned
does zangief have some kara-spd bullshit or something

just fought this dude who kept throwing it out and landing it at farther range than i ever remember spd ever hitting

Tizoc

A little ot, but shouldn't we be hyping up Captivate at this point in a new thread or something? It is next week.

Oh yeah I was thinking about it today, is anyone gonna make one?
Oh and if they're gonna release a cgi trialer for Darkstalkers, watch it be Morrigan vs. Demitri...when it would be a gazillion times more awesome if it were Gallon vs. Demitri =V

Jenga

Banned
man, it feels almost impossible to truly zone in this game thanks to rolling

I think the characters with the ex charge moves being their projectiles are the only ones that can effectively zone

everyone else just has it as a pressuring tool

DR2K

Banned
Hugo is broken. His damage output does not make sense. Is there a character that's a good counter pick to him?

Which one back plus lp and forward plus mp or the forward plus lp variants?

I remember some of the players claimed to be able see the latter and just reversal the followups.

The b+lp (hammerfist) is very good, as is the f+lp (up palm). The up palm can go to either an overhead that gets fat damage, or a low that leaves heihachi +1 so he gets a free jab follow up if they're mashing. Otherwise hei can always just do a raw up palm and no follow up to punish reversals (for 400 damage no meter.) You can't actually react to the overhead or low, most people will just block high after seeing the up palm in anticipation of the overhead and not wanting to eat a bricks worth of damage, meaning they just got opened up. You can just do continuous reps of the up palm to low option and rack up the damage. Another option is after the up palm (if you're deep) just cut it short, go low, and do a cr. short -> BnB (which will be about 300 due to the scaling.)

He has a of close moves that are +, forward moving normals that are + on block(namely f+lk and f+mp, both of which can be combo'ed off of into phat damage on hit.) And an easy mode back dash counter with ex god fist. He's goooooooood.

Jenga

Banned
The b+lp (hammerfist) is very good, as is the f+lp (up palm). The up palm can go to either an overhead that gets fat damage, or a low that leaves heihachi +1 so he gets a free jab follow up if they're mashing. Otherwise hei can always just do a raw up palm and no follow up to punish reversals (for 400 damage no meter.) You can't actually react to the overhead or low, most people will just block high after seeing the up palm in anticipation of the overhead and not wanting to eat a bricks worth of damage, meaning they just got opened up. You can just do continuous reps of the up palm to low option and rack up the damage. Another option is after the up palm (if you're deep) just cut it short, go low, and do a cr. short -> BnB (which will be about 300 due to the scaling.)

He has a of close moves that are +, forward moving normals that are + on block(namely f+lk and f+mp, both of which can be combo'ed off of into phat damage on hit.) And an easy mode back dash counter with ex god fist. He's goooooooood.

don't expose my character plz

LowParry

I think I'm gonna break from the game till they patch in that sound issue for online. Love the game, just the small things broken about it is irritating. I got some games on my backlog I need to work on anyway. Then I'll come back full swing. :D

Can Vega hit df+HK off a tag? Looking for a tag combo.

yes, but the timing is kind of strict. its listed in the brady guide as vega's go-to tag combo when coming in, but you have to land cosmic heel ASAP after the tag occurs or else you'll whiff.

i just use following tag:
st.mk cr.mk cr.mp scarlet terror

edit - for reference his cosmic heel combo following tag is:
cosmic heel cr.mp cr.mp slide

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Anybody want an Ibuki costume?

Right now, on 360, there is one and only one swap costume available for purchase: Ibuki's.

Loaded the game. No patch. In-game store shows no content or costumes.

XBL Marketplace interface has the single costume. 80ms points.

lol capcom

Venfayth

This is exactly why I've been trying to zone Heihachi or just counter with Juri to get OUT of there. His game once he gets in is just too scary.

zlatko

Banned
I was about to complain about how the time out complaints were unfounded because I got blown up by players who effectively used the Tekken characters and the tag canceling mechanic and killed me in two combos, but then I played several matches where people gained a tiny life lead, and ran around the whole stage throwing out stuff at random to try to keep me at bay, and succeeding at doing so.

This game is the worst of both worlds.

My friend finally came around to the realization that I did. This isn't a good game until a patch comes out to rectify some of its issues.

It's a blueprint for a good game, but in its current state I can't even enjoy it with buddies due to time outs. It's not like we try to lame each other out, we go in, but when the last 15-20 seconds hit, both of us know that a comeback is not that possible and so we just sit on it. Even if we do still keep going in with the life lead, a time out generally occurs.

Putting this game to the wayside for now for KoF 13. :(

LowParry

Anybody want an Ibuki costume?

Right now, on 360, there is one and only one swap costume available for purchase: Ibuki's.

Loaded the game. No patch. In-game store shows no content or costumes.

XBL Marketplace interface has the single costume. 80ms points.

lol capcom

I'm checking now. not seeing it. :(

Edit: Oh wait, I do see it. What the hell? lol

don't expose my character plz

That's just the tip of the iceberg ;) I feel like i should make a youtube vid on heihachi or something cuz i don't see anyone using him right but i'm too damn lazy lol. I'd post on srk but the last time i did that was in super sf4 about Cammy and everyone on the board said i thought she was way better than she was (i disagreed with a lot of her supposedly bad matchups and her inability to "Rushdown") This was also before sako blew up, so since then i haven't touched the srk boards.

oh btw - i'm sure people know, but after heihachi overhead, he can link cr. mk xx god fist or cr. jab, f+lp,lp xx godfist

USD

does zangief have some kara-spd bullshit or something

just fought this dude who kept throwing it out and landing it at farther range than i ever remember spd ever hitting
Pfft, Gief's got nothing on real Karas.

karathrowpmlqo.gif

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
That's just the tip of the iceberg ;) I feel like i should make a youtube vid on heihachi or something cuz i don't see anyone using him right but i'm too damn lazy lol. I'd post on srk but the last time i did that was in super sf4 about Cammy and everyone on the board said i thought she was way better than she was (i disagreed with a lot of her supposedly bad matchups and her inability to "Rushdown") This was also before sako blew up, so since then i haven't touched the srk boards.

oh btw - i'm sure people know, but after heihachi overhead, he can link cr. mk xx god fist or cr. jab, f+lp,lp xx godfist

The Viper board on SRK still doesn't think she's good, lol.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I was getting 3 bars in ranked, so I was assuming any lag was from the other players side of things, I was also getting my ass kicked.

messed around with some ports on my router, and the lag improved a TON. Sound issues still happen, of course, but the game has felt much better since .. I also won a few matches in a row, finally!

Getting better with Steve too, I love him but having to do Flicker cancels for most combos might end up being a deal breaker :|

zlatko

Banned
I was getting 3 bars in ranked, so I was assuming any lag was from the other players side of things, I was also getting my ass kicked.

messed around with some ports on my router, and the lag improved a TON. Sound issues still happen, of course, but the game has felt much better since .. I also won a few matches in a row, finally!

Getting better with Steve too, I love him but having to do Flicker cancels for most combos might end up being a deal breaker :|

I don't find his flicker cancels too difficult honestly. I'm almost sure you can just go straight to down back after the f+MP~LP, and it'll give it to you.

My issues with him are just finding openings and trying to get people the fuck off you lol.

Costumes for this game are hideous. There are a few exceptions, like some neat swaps (Gill Ogre) but on the whole they're pretty ass.

I would have, against my better judgement, paid for chef Law but what are my options? God damn El Fuerte and Genghis Khan.

Capcpooooom!

Top Bottom