• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

zlatko

Banned
Here's a question:

Where the fuck is the Daigo footage? Is he still on that offline secret jedi grind, or did he change the GT he's playing under with online, or?

He hasn't been to an event in a long ass while over here in the states, so I hope he shows his slap happy ass soon. :( Tokido too.

impact

Banned
rofl noel brown and james chen are saying marvel is better than SFxT, that its "not comparable" on twitter.
Also noel claiming that all of FGTV house agree as well.

That's because Noel Brown has been garbage at everything besides Marvel. Sign of a shitty player right there.

Riposte

Finally got around to trying Heihachi and waooow he really is Derpy Makoto LOL I LOVE IT.

I like Makoto and I like derpy, I love Heihachi. Up down up down up down.

Can someone please gif Akuma walking towards the camera at the end of arcade mode? Manliest jaunt ever.

Ferrio

Banned
So my stick came in, but is/was having issue. One of the buttons seems to go into spazzy ass mode. It's hard to explain, not sure what was the issue. Opened up the bottom didn't see anything outta place, but tried securing some of the leads on better.

Haven't had an issue since (though haven't had much test with it). I'm hoping it doesn't start doing it again, it was bumming me hardcore after spending that much money.

That said, the stick is soooo much easier to use than my mas. Stuff like mist step is a lot easier to do, and I'm sad I didn't switch sticks a lot time ago.

Going to hit the lab pretty hard to get used to it, then back online for me.

Dartastic

Did anyone else file a complaint with the BBB in regards to the DLC characters and the lack of the on couch 2 v 2 mode on 360? I got a response today, and I'd be willing to post it if anyone wants me to, because quite frankly, I'm still kinda pissed about this. I'd appreciate it if someone could help me find a link to the initial blog post about how they "couldn't make the 2v2 happen due to Microsoft" as well.

Bizazedo

So last night, for giggles, I triggered Cross Assault in a 1 vs 1 game against a buddy. The computer took control of Zangief during it.

'Gief immediately triggered Final Atomic Buster and snatched my opponent while the character I controlled did nothing.

Hilarious and unexpected, even though it did use all the Cross Assault time.

Did anyone else file a complaint with the BBB in regards to the DLC characters and the lack of the on couch 2 v 2 mode on 360? I got a response today, and I'd be willing to post it if anyone wants me to, because quite frankly, I'm still kinda pissed about this. I'd appreciate it if someone could help me find a link to the initial blog post about how they "couldn't make the 2v2 happen due to Microsoft" as well.

i'd love to hear the response!

here is the link to where the 2v2 comment was.

laaame

Anyone have any tips on landing King's Running Jaguar Bomb after performing his knee lift?

I cant seem to get the timing on it.

Can he only do it after a certain amount of knee lifts?

Do you input the command right after a knee left or cancel from a knee lift to the RJB?

The way I do it and a lot of other people are doing it is 3 knee lifts, standing hard punch, to jaguar bomb. The standing HP puts the opponent closer to you and that helps a lot because King's air throw range is ass. I believe you can do 4 knee lifts but then you can't do the standing HP (I can't at least).

Dartastic

i'd love to hear the response!

here is the link to where the 2v2 comment was.
Thanks.

*** You need to respond to this complaint before it can be processed further. Please see below for instructions. ***

On March 23, 2012, the business provided the following information:
At Capcom, we value our customers and make every effort to resolve customer complaints. We are sorry to hear that Mr. (name redacted just cause) was so disappointed with the Street Fighter x Tekken game (''SFxT''), and would like to respond to his complaints.

A. DLC

SFxT has an enormous amount of content, fully developed and available for play and enjoyment immediately on-disc. Given the 38 characters available for full play, as well as multiple play modes, SFxT provides great value for all players from day one. While Capcom is sorry that some of its fans are not happy about the chosen method of delivery for the DLC, we believe that this method will provide more flexible and efficient gameplay throughout the game's lifecycle. There is effectively no distinction between the DLC being ''locked'' behind the disc and available for unlocking at a later date, or being available through a full download at a later date, other than delivery mechanism.

B. PAIR PLAY

While the PS3 version of SFxT has a 4-player co-op mode in which two people can team up locally (on the same console) to play on-line, this mode of play was not included in the Xbox 360 version of the game. Capcom acknowledges that its communications surrounding this mode have been less than clear. Hopefully, the explanation below will resolve any concerns.

While Capcom did not advertise this feature with respect to the Xbox 360 version, it understands that some fans may have believed this mode to be available across all platforms. Unfortunately, due to time and resource constraints, Capcom was not able to include that feature in the XBox 360 version and it apologizes to those players who were looking forward to it. Because of the scale required to implement this feature, Capcom has decided that it will not do so, and will not be providing a patch for this feature.

Further, while none of the packaging or other advertising collateral for the Xbox 360 version of the Game advertised the ''4-player co-op mode,'' Capcom has discovered that the game manual included in the SFxT Special Edition package inadvertently references that feature. (We note that the manual is not available for customers' pre-purchase review, so do not believe that the manual could have influenced any purchasing decision.)

Because we understand and empathize with Mr. (name) frustration over the messaging about this feature, and due to the misprint in the Xbox 360 Special Edition manual, while we cannot offer a refund on this game, we can offer a coupon for 30% off a future purchase on the Capcom store (www.shop.capcom.com) (maximum value of the discount not to exceed $100; valid for one-time use only; coupon expires twelve months from the date of issuance). Please note that this coupon is intended solely for a single use by (name). To obtain the coupon code, Mr. (Name) should send an email to BBBResponseCoupon@Capcom.com and be sure to include (i) the email address used to file this Better Business Bureau complaint, (ii) the Complaint Case Number, and (iii) a proof of purchase (e.g. receipt) of the Xbox 360 version of SFxT purchased.

We understand that this coupon may not alleviate Mr. (name) frustration, but we hope he will accept it as a token of our sincere apology.

I plan on responding to this. 2v2 was part of their initial advertising, and to me not telling the consumer about the lack of this feature until after the purchase has been made is false advertising. If anyone could help me find links to the videos where they were advertising this it'd be helpful also. I also plan on making a fuss about the DLC, because it's still BS.

So my stick came in, but is/was having issue. One of the buttons seems to go into spazzy ass mode. It's hard to explain, not sure what was the issue. Opened up the bottom didn't see anything outta place, but tried securing some of the leads on better.

Haven't had an issue since (though haven't had much test with it). I'm hoping it doesn't start doing it again, it was bumming me hardcore after spending that much money.

That said, the stick is soooo much easier to use than my mas. Stuff like mist step is a lot easier to do, and I'm sad I didn't switch sticks a lot time ago.

Going to hit the lab pretty hard to get used to it, then back online for me.

What stick did you get?

I've been checking out the 8arc and Project Giant Swords sticks.....I need something to replace my craptastic TE

Rynge

Neo Member
RT @TheComboFiend: #ncrx was great. Thanks @kineda and everyone else who was a part of the staff. Time to learn better characters in all games.

combofiend going for DAT TOP TIER now? be afraid, FGC.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Thanks.

I plan on responding to this. 2v2 was part of their initial advertising, and to me not telling the consumer about the lack of this feature until after the purchase has been made is false advertising. If anyone could help me find links to the videos where they were advertising this it'd be helpful also. I also plan on making a fuss about the DLC, because it's still BS.

The 2v2 argument seems logical. The DLC one doesn't because they never claimed to have those characters included from launch. No? Maybe I am mistaken.

Dartastic

The 2v2 argument seems logical. The DLC one doesn't because they never claimed to have those characters included from launch. No? Maybe I am mistaken.
The DLC argument doesn't have much ground, but I might as well try. The 2v2 one is BS though, and needs to be fixed. A 30% off coupon won't really make things better, when a consumer could have potentially purchased a 150 dollar stick to go with their 60 dollar game.

zlatko

Banned
RT @TheComboFiend: #ncrx was great. Thanks @kineda and everyone else who was a part of the staff. Time to learn better characters in all games.

combofiend going for DAT TOP TIER now? be afraid, FGC.

Rufus/Kazuya team confirmed?

Wesker, Wesker, Wesker?

SF4 = Viper

TBH, I don't really remember any events or advertisements for the 2v2 online thing. When I heard it was on PS3, I was surprised. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention to the press events. It was in the 360 manual by mistake, so there is that to go on in court, if anything.

Grifter

What stick did you get?

I've been checking out the 8arc and Project Giant Swords sticks.....I need something to replace my craptastic TE

GiantSword's a buddy of mine and he really does put weeks of love into each stick and he has a bigger space for his woodworking now. Since he makes each stick himself, he's also open to customization.

8arcs are built off of Qanbas, which I've been using a lot. I like the weight and the handle on top. Thought the start button placement would be an issue but it hasn't been.

DR2K

Banned

They'll be at the Vita launch at no extra charge though. When you're giving the content away for free to a specific set of customers you've already placed a value on that content.

I'd bet the hairs on my balls that if you brokedown the cost of making all the content on the SFxTK disc it would be no different than Vanilla versions of SFIV and MVC3.

Is Capcom really going to withhold the DLC characters until Fall, lol? After the whole UMVC3 debacle I would think they would do their best to mend the relationship with the consumer, but I guess they decided to troll a little harder instead. You gotta respect that at some level.

Basically I want to play as Elena in a good game ASAP.

hertog

Maybe I'll switch to Heihachi, seeing all the damage he can do.

Are his trials decent enough to learn his BnB's? His groundbounce into double uppercut?

hertog

And I hate choosing the main characters in fighting games (Ken, Ryu, Akuma, Kazuya, Jin... yawn)

And I guess Heihachi falls in that category

zlatko

Banned
Another reason why DLC characters being locked is bullshit? BECAUSE I JUST FOUGHT AGAINST A CHRISTIE ONLINE. MOTHER FUCKER.

I'd tell you to screen cap or record the replay and report him to Capcom, but it seems the thread to do so over at CapUnity was closed by Svenson himself...

Another reason why DLC characters being locked is bullshit? BECAUSE I JUST FOUGHT AGAINST A CHRISTIE ONLINE. MOTHER FUCKER.

I'd ask "U Mad" , but then again we're all mad, at capcom.
angry.gif

GiantSword's a buddy of mine and he really does put weeks of love into each stick and he has a bigger space for his woodworking now. Since he makes each stick himself, he's also open to customization.

8arcs are built off of Qanbas, which I've been using a lot. I like the weight and the handle on top. Thought the start button placement would be an issue but it hasn't been.

Seriously? That's pretty awesome that he has a bigger place. I really want to get the Project giant sword stick but three issue's

A) I've never used one so I don't know if the feel would be better than 8arc/Qanba
B) Those prices are killer
C) I like building and customizing my fight sticks on my own, but looking at pgs sticks idk I could ever mimic how awesome they look.

If I go PGS, it'd be a gamble since I'd only be able to afford the case and nothing else and later down the line, pick up buttons and parts etc;

I've used the Qanba Q4RAF and the stick is really smooth....but since ALOT of people are beginning to have Q4RAF i'm not sure if its something I want

Also, are there major differences between 8arc and Q4RAF or are they the same (I read somewhere that it was both 8arc and Qanba that worked on the Q4RAF, but I could be wrong).

Ferrio

Banned
Seriously? That's pretty awesome that he has a bigger place. I really want to get the Project giant sword stick but three issue's

A) I've never used one so I don't know if the feel would be better than 8arc/Qanba
C) I like building and customizing my fight sticks on my own, but looking at pgs sticks idk I could ever mimic how awesome they look.

If I go PGS, it'd be a gamble since I'd only be able to afford the case and nothing else and later down the line, pick up buttons and parts etc;

I've used the Qanba Q4RAF and the stick is really smooth....but since ALOT of people are beginning to have Q4RAF i'm not sure if its something I want

Also, are there major differences between 8arc and Q4RAF or are they the same (I read somewhere that it was both 8arc and Qanba that worked on the Q4RAF, but I could be wrong).

8arc are just rebranded Qanba sticks.

I'm thinking I'm gonna swap to Ibuki/Lili until the DLC drops. Vega just isn't cutting it, too many matchup difficulties. Gonna mess with a couple other anchors too, but Ibuki is a lock. Both have retarded good anti-air abilities and some safe pressure.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
They'll be at the Vita launch at no extra charge though. When you're giving the content away for free to a specific set of customers you've already placed a value on that content.

I'd bet the hairs on my balls that if you brokedown the cost of making all the content on the SFxTK disc it would be no different than Vanilla versions of SFIV and MVC3.

Is Capcom really going to withhold the DLC characters until Fall, lol? After the whole UMVC3 debacle I would think they would do their best to mend the relationship with the consumer, but I guess they decided to troll a little harder instead. You gotta respect that at some level.

Basically I want to play as Elena in a good game ASAP.

Blame sony too. Pretty sure they fronted money to get incentivize customers to buy the vita version.

OSHAN

Blame sony too. Pretty sure they fronted money to get incentivize customers to buy the vita version.

If by chance that's true, the logic is to blame the company that offered to pay for exclusivity as well? Why? Wouldn't you just blame Capcom for accepting? They have the final say.

Degen

I can only imagine how godlike Kuma would've been with a body splash, or if his 360+P also caught ducking opponents. Granted, "Rock n Roll Circus" would become useless, but that move's directional input needs to go anyway. Kuma is being held back by some random things, and I can't help but think it was mostly done for the sake of keeping variety between the bigger characters.

I'm thinking I'm gonna swap to Ibuki/Lili until the DLC drops. Vega just isn't cutting it, too many matchup difficulties. Gonna mess with a couple other anchors too, but Ibuki is a lock. Both have retarded good anti-air abilities and some safe pressure.

*points at you repeatedly* aahhhhhh

...i get it

Grifter

What's wrong with Vega? I think about putting him on point just to poke into fast cross rushes.

Shouta

I can only imagine how godlike Kuma would've been with a body splash, or if his 360+P also caught ducking opponents. Granted, "Rock n Roll Circus" would become useless, but that move's directional input needs to go anyway. Kuma is being held back by some random things, and I can't help but think it was mostly done for the sake of keeping variety between the bigger characters.

*points at you repeatedly* aahhhhhh

...i get it

Kuma's damage is ridiculous though. He has grappler damage but with better combos and lead ins, overall. His L/M/H is 40/70/110 which is pretty f'ing sweet. He does have problems like short reach, slow (for the most part), and kinda wishy-washy anti-air but that's to keep him being grossly overpowered. You can do s.hp s.mp s.hp for 232 damage alone and it's mostly safe and has anti-air properties.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example

RE: DLC - They specifically showed Guy and Cody in at least 1 promotional trailer prior to its release. I'd mention that if you haven't already.

Grifter

Understood about PGS, it can be an investment but the case is great if you can do the rest.

I was at a tourney this past weekend and Qanba has gotten popular enough that it's like seeing the SF4 TEs at vanilla SF4 tourneys. Their LE sticks and 8arcs are the same sticks with a uniqueness tax, far as I know.

What's wrong with Vega? I think about putting him on point just to poke into fast cross rushes.

i use guile/vega, and i like vega as an anchor. guile can build meter pretty quickly on his own, raw tag in vega safely against non-teleport characters and i like to have damage gems activate with vega as he can get 535 off his one meter bnb.

i had vega on point to begin with, but i felt like he could benefit more coming in with a full stick of butter and finishing off the opponent.

He has no reliable anti airs or reversals, so if they just jump between pokes they can put massive pressure on him. He has the best walk speed and pokes in the game, but against a lot of characters that doesn't matter so much. Rufus, Hugo, Rolento etc just give him major headaches. He's good, but he has matchup issues.

zlatko

Banned
I didn't know 4880 BP was the same skill level as 900 BP.

AMAZING MATCHMAKING CAPCOM

That's why the Project Soul team for SC5 nailed matchmaking. Get to see the opponents rank and connection speed before accepting? Perfect. Now I can just fight people within in the same gap with good internets.

More developers need to do this, and the auto re-seek match after you finish in ranked like SC5 does.

Top Bottom