• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

There are fewer things in competitive fighting games that I loathe more than pleasing the stream monsters or advertisers at the expense of the players.

I'm with you, but the reality is that there are more viewers than players. It's sad that people don't want to go out to tournaments, and rather watch at home but it's the truth. Everyone saying they want more money and more sponsors. How else are you going to get more sponsors? This is one of those you can't have your cake and eat it too type of deal.

Please the players, you get people complain that the game is boring. Make the game less boring now players are angry. If I was on the EVO staff I would have made the same decision. There are 5 other games, and quite frankly it's a lot easier to win over a few players. Not to mention you have some top players who are already endorsing the idea.

zlatko

Banned
Idk why I give this game a chance over and over. It's so fucking mindless online.

I need to lock away the disc. I'm getting god damn rage mode on this time out dog shit.

K701

Banned
GAF room call me back when u get rid of lag :( mashing dp while you are in blockstun might work online with a shitty connection that makes people drop their links, but not in the real world.

(I mad)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Idk why I give this game a chance over and over. It's so fucking mindless online.

I need to lock away the disc. I'm getting god damn rage mode on this time out dog shit.

Same here. Online is awful. I met few laggy akuma that would do back jump and spam fireball then I would finally got them in corner. But no, they used teleport to get out and processed to do same thing until time's out.

Shouta

GAF room call me back when u get rid of lag :( mashing dp while you are in blockstun might work online with a shitty connection that makes people drop their links, but not in the real world.

(I mad)

Actually, it seems that a lot of attacks may not generate the blockstun like in previous games for easier reversals and not getting pinned down. I learned that playing with Kuma.

zlatko

Banned
Ouch, Zlat. Do you play on PSN or Live?

Live. I swear I'm not awful at this game, but the timer decides the footsies for it. If I don't go in and play reckless, I lose to time overs, because my patient footsies play doesn't pan out when Hugo makes one guess, drops me 50% then runs off to troll on his life lead.

I think I have comcast.

Shouta

Ah, if you had PSN, I'd play with ya some if you wanted. I need practice with King and a few other characters but random lobbies are blah.

zlatko

Banned
Ah, if you had PSN, I'd play with ya some if you wanted. I need practice with King and a few other characters but random lobbies are blah.

I lost a solid math to a guy playing King and Paul. I knew before the match started though that this guy was going to be all gimmicks, and sure enough that's how he played lol. A lot of crouching jab, into throw, into jab walk pressures, and a lot of jumping roundhouse.

No real combos, just the ABC into tag.

Still respect him playing both of them though.

I definitely just need to find more GAFfers to play with since ranked has turned into a pool of defense gems and running away.

"There seems to be a healthy-sized contingent of top players that are in favor of the 2v2 format, though. Sure, Justin and Ricky have expressed opposition, but I've heard people on WNF and Spooky streams showering the 2v2 mode with praise."

Enjoying 2v2 is an entirely different matter from 2v2 being the only format of a (*the*) major tournament.

Shouta

I lost a solid math to a guy playing King and Paul. I knew before the match started though that this guy was going to be all gimmicks, and sure enough that's how he played lol. A lot of crouching jab, into throw, into jab walk pressures, and a lot of jumping roundhouse.

I definitely just need to find more GAFfers to play with since ranked has turned into a pool of defense gems and running away.

Funny, I actually use Defense Gems but as an excuse to get into folks' face. lol

DNAgent

Banned
2v2 at EVO for SFxTK? lol fuck that shit. I'm skipping EVO this year. I won't even bother watching any of their boring streams either. I'd rather watch MLG's tournaments rather than EVO 2012's casual fight gathering.

LakeEarth

Watching Infiltration play. The second the guy has any grey health, dude will tag out on the first opportunity. On the flipside, he would almost never tag when grey health wasn't done recovering. Nice.

Sayah

There are fewer things in competitive fighting games that I loathe more than pleasing the stream monsters or advertisers at the expense of the players.

I agree. Who cares about the stream chat? Because we all want to look at hurr durr I'M TYPING IN CAPS....LOOK AT ME.

Kadey's chat is an exception, though.

Is it just me, or are air tatsus way stronger? Fucking derp

Throw in 1 bar of meter and Ryu and Ken's cross up tatsu can lead to 400+ damage with a tag in. Damage is nuts for a simple cross up tatsu in this game.

And then you have Toro who has the true coward copter from SF4 as Poongko showed off. With a life lead, he can go from one end of the screen to the other with no fear of punishment unless he's knocked out of the air on his way up.

Sayah

Also, being patient with Dhalsim players is actually working. Faced two today and won against both. Someone had said that the arm extensions and the teleport are punishable. How exactly? I tried recording his arm extensions in practice and then try to punish it but it sort of still overrides my attack.

Xevren

Also, being patient with Dhalsim players is actually working. Faced two today and won against both. Someone had said that the arm extensions and the teleport are punishable. How exactly? I tried recording his arm extensions in practice and then try to punish it but it sort of still overrides my attack.

If they're doing raw teleports on you, just jab them as they show up. Arm extensions just depend on your character though.

Watching Infiltration play. The second the guy has any grey health, dude will tag out on the first opportunity. On the flipside, he would almost never tag when grey health wasn't done recovering. Nice.

what was it...up to 180% health for each character if you switch efficiently. That's no shit to sneeze at and so many people left it all on the table at NCR.

meh, growing pains.

Sayah

If they're doing raw teleports on you, just jab them as they show up. Arm extensions just depend on your character though.

Dhalsim is usually behind me after the teleport, though. By the time I turn around, he already does an arm extension move in the air to hit me.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
2v2 at EVO for SFxTK? lol fuck that shit. I'm skipping EVO this year. I won't even bother watching any of their boring streams either. I'd rather watch MLG's tournaments rather than EVO 2012's casual fight gathering.

SRK front page comment section is -----> that way.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
what.jpg

cackhyena

What the fuck, is there no one online on xbox right now? I'm sitting here in a lobby for a good five minutes already. AE's slowest nights give me at least a hit by now. Ugh.

remz

I've walked into a stream chat.

I can't play this game worth shit, ahhahahah. I've come off of a massive Blazblue bender and I'm having a lot of trouble adapting to the systems in this.... especially the lack of obvious overheads on a lot of the cast ._.

What the fuck, is there no one online on xbox right now? I'm sitting here in a lobby for a good five minutes already. AE's slowest nights give me at least a hit by now. Ugh.

One of the biggest problems with the game's online is the terrible matchmaking. Half of the endless lobby listings are filled up by Srklive, Peacefuljay, etc., which makes the odds of you being able to make an open lobby and get matches going a lot lower.

Westlo

smh@ this Evo decision, someone needs to show the Cannon's SFIV Entries for 2010 compared to 2011, I bet 2012 heads in the same direction and to try and cut the feet out from a game that can pick up the slack is just shooting yourself in the foot. Really Capcom should've kept the grey health eating build in this game (which also promotes constant swaps unless you don't give a fuck about grey health), time outs wouldn't have been a problem than, or at least not to this extent. Flick that one switch Capcom, and if people start to play the game better you can always change it back. The funny thing is that when that showed up in one Korean build people were acting like the game was ruined!

Is it just me, or are air tatsus way stronger? Fucking derp

Ken's Air Tatsu's are something like +15 on hit and +10 on block. I got sick of telling SFIV Ken players on SRK to stop playing him like his SFIV version. Same graphic =! same as SFIV.

He's been literally BITCHING about the game since gems were announced. He was annoying as fuck at the prerelease event there too talking to seth about the game. Then he was trying to "make teams that break the game with the assist gems" To bad that's fucking impossible.

He was shitting on the game since Pandora was announced, after some fight club event in Cali with the Pandora build he was bragging to people in this chat room I was in (the same night as that fight club) about how him and Valle played it for 5 minutes and than went off to drink instead, called the game ass, trash etc. His post on SRK was a bit more toned down, just said everyone felt the same (chain into launcher etc) and dat having a comeback mechanic was crap and than said Pandora was crap... okay...

Xevren

Dhalsim is usually behind me after the teleport, though. By the time I turn around, he already does an arm extension move in the air to hit me.

You have plenty of time to hit him out of it, trust me. If anything you should start using the training mode the game has to offer to find counters. I'm assuming you didn't play much SF 4 because it's a tactic a lot of Sims use. But seriously, use the record function and play it back and find what works. It's an insta air teleport with forward+fp.

Sayah

You have plenty of time to hit him out of it, trust me. If anything you should start using the training mode the game has to offer to find counters. I'm assuming you didn't play much SF 4 because it's a tactic a lot of Sims use. But seriously, use the record function and play it back and find what works. It's an insta air teleport with forward+fp.

I've only recorded the arm extensions so I'll try the teleport next time I get on. Thanks! :)

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Ken's Air Tatsu's are something like +15 on hit and +10 on block. I got sick of telling SFIV Ken players on SRK to stop playing him like his SFIV version. Same graphic =! same as SFIV

Don't tell anyone. It'll be our little secret...

I also won't tell anyone the difference between Ken's regular jump tatsu and his super jump tatsu.

Tizoc

For those having an err 'unimpressive' experience online, if you don't mind me asking but why not just play Endless mode with GAFfers or players you know?

LowParry

For those having an err 'unimpressive' experience online, if you don't mind me asking but why not just play Endless mode with GAFfers or players you know?

The sound thing is really just the only thing that bothers me. That's suppose to get fixed next week right?

Grifter

I got wrecked by Ken's tatsu at a tourney. None of my AA worked even when I thought it was lined up. So ambiguous too.

I'm always up for trying stuff and aggressive play. Not sure about our connection but I'm in NY. GT is Grifter 181.

Tirael

Another reason for the 2v2 is the fact that SFxT is looking to be time consuming. Want to make sure other games get played. I think that was the biggest deal.

Wait, I've got it. The solution to all this discussion about teams and such.

Why don't they just run all the professional tournaments in Scramble mode? That'll solve all the problems!

Top Bottom