• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Venfayth

I think I spoiled myself by training with King first. Now I'm training with Hwoarang and Law and the damage they do seems piddling in comparison.

7-hit combo with King no meter? 350-400 damage.
7-hit combo with Law no meter? 200-250 damage.

:(

I'm kinda in the same basket, myself, with Chun-li. Been messing with her in training the past couple days, trying to find some good combos and followups for my Juri and Xiao, but she just doesn't have anywhere near the output that either of them do. She has better normals and different tools, though.

Shouta

I'm kinda in the same basket, myself, with Chun-li. Been messing with her in training the past couple days, trying to find some good combos and followups for my Juri and Xiao, but she just doesn't have anywhere near the output that either of them do. She has better normals and different tools, though.

For a lot of SF characters, you'll need to do switch cancel combos to extend their damage because they don't have as many options solo as the Tekken side.

LowParry

I still have issues with Kuma and being pressured. Though at the same time, putting the pressure on with Kuma is godlike. I suppose that's a fair trade off for me....for now.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
isn't kazuya the only one with both the fastest back dash and the only with a "true" back dash similar to sf4

true backdash being the "wakeup backdash" still invincible crap

No everyone has that. It's why julia's is so good because it goes so far so fast while being invincible

How to play julia.

Down. HP

Down. LK and MK

standing Lk and forward Mk

use qcf Lp and Hp for a high low mix up

cancel block strings into qcb p dash cancel party crasher

You now know her basics

Shouta

I still have issues with Kuma and being pressured. Though at the same time, putting the pressure on with Kuma is godlike. I suppose that's a fair trade off for me....for now.

Defense, ex frolicking bear, f.lp and jump back HK are your friends when getting rushed down.

Q, probably last match or two for me.

joe2187

Banned
I was having a blast last night online, playing ranked with a friend.

We were undefeated for a cool ten games in a row while, Bison/Julia wrecking crew.

And then we met BrolyLegs...

:'(

LowParry

Defense, ex frolicking bear, f.lp and jump back HK are your friends when getting rushed down.

Q, probably last match or two for me.

Hmm, this is good. Cause I do this sort of thing with Vega with a jump back HP. I'll have to give it some trial and errors then. :D

USD

isn't kazuya the only one with both the fastest back dash and the only with a "true" back dash similar to sf4

true backdash being the "wakeup backdash" still invincible crap

All backdashes have 8F invincibility, it's just that Kazuya is airborne the entire period of recovery right after, so you can't get a grounded punish like you can with the rest of the cast.

For a lot of SF characters, you'll need to do switch cancel combos to extend their damage because they don't have as many options solo as the Tekken side.

Are there any tips out there for getting better at dash cancelling? That's one of the reasons I could never do combos (and consequently sucked) at SSFIV, I cannot dash cancel for the life of me.

I fucking DARE you to try this combo:

Ibuki/Xiaoyu

crossup jRH, clFP xx RH Spin Kicks, LP, MK xx EX Upkicks, jRH, cFP SJC RH Spin Kicks, LP, MKxxFPxxLauncher, cRH [xx Phoenix Stance xx undo stance, cRH] x4

cackhyena

Ibuki/Xiaoyu

crossup jRH, clFP xx RH Spin Kicks, LP, MK xx EX Upkicks, jRH, cFP SJC RH Spin Kicks, LP, MKxxFPxxLauncher, cRH [xx Phoenix Stance xx undo stance, cRH] x4

Just did it with my left foot ( I'm totes right footed ). What do I win?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Ibuki/Xiaoyu

I would if I played stick *for the xiaoyu part

Edit: GGs I started getting sloppy cause my friend kept bugging me with help on stuff in kid icarus LOL but dyam I keep forgetting how safe some of law's stuff is and I eat shit for it.

zlatko

Banned
Who's down to run sets tonight on XBL while I try to learn King?

GT: Outlaw Slevin

Will be on in about 2 hours. Send a message and say you're from GAF.

Venfayth

Are there any tips out there for getting better at dash cancelling? That's one of the reasons I could never do combos (and consequently sucked) at SSFIV, I cannot dash cancel for the life of me.

For FADC in sf4

towards, mk+mp, towards

For SADC in this game I haven't really found any shortcuts ;/

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
special dash canceling is easy in this game. Do a special move like you normally would hold down button. Mash the direction you want to go.

Shouta

I would if I played stick *for the xiaoyu part

Edit: GGs I started getting sloppy cause my friend kept bugging me with help on stuff in kid icarus LOL but dyam I keep forgetting how safe some of law's stuff is and I eat shit for it.

GGs man. Ogre's pokes and strings are gross good. So damn fast and so damn safe for most of it. It's like a Beret-less Rolento but way more damage.

Some good practice for tonight's biweeklies.

All backdashes have 8F invincibility, it's just that Kazuya is airborne the entire period of recovery right after, so you can't get a grounded punish like you can with the rest of the cast.

ahh thats what it is.

question, I'm finally able to use jin *instinctively* and execute BNB's target combo's etc; etc;

I can get pretty decent life leads playing just jin and even though I'm no floe, playing a solid but aggressive jin is becoming easier. Problem is....I lose a good portion of matches because I don't have a second character. None.

I know how to play just about the whole sf staff (basics at least) and I could just copy floe and play *DAT RUFUS* but I don't want to resort to that. I tried julia out and she's awesome but it seems like eventually there will be A LOT of julia's. She'll be the next yun for sure. I kind of want to play either asuka, bob, or lili but know absolutely nothing about them.......

any suggestions? videos?

Ferrio

Banned
I still can't do Jin's dash from a crouch move consistantly. Not that bad if I'm facing left, horrible when I'm facing right.

I think my execution is a lot better with the new stick (I don't have troubles doing DP from crouching moves anymore), but that mist step.... ugh

Use lili she's fucking amazing

In that case, Test 1 : Emilie de (Lili) Rochefort

(wtf, I just realized her last name literally means hard rock)

I still can't do Jin's dash from a crouch move consistantly. Not that bad if I'm facing left, horrible when I'm facing right.

I think my execution is a lot better with the new stick (I don't have troubles doing DP from crouching moves anymore), but that mist step.... ugh

the trick I use (which probably isn't a good habit to develop) is that I'm doing the long cut when I'm on the left side face right and doing the exact input when on the right facing left.

Oddly enough, its more consistent for me on the left side facing right doing the long cut for some reason.

uggh, 1 frame jab link into character specific link into super jump cancel into 1 frame jab link is too grossssssssssss

But my idea is to land this combo or a variation with Ibuki which does over 50% damage for 1 bar and tags into Xiaoyu and build about enough meter to setup an "unblockable" with her Phoenix Sweeps Tag canceled into Ibuki's overhead where you can start the spin loop again.

Ibuki/Xiaoyu

1. crossup jRH, clFP xx RH Spin Kicks, LP, MK xx EX Upkicks, jRH, cFP SJC RH Spin Kicks, LP, MKxxFPxxLauncher, cRH [xx Phoenix Stance xx undo stance, cRH] x4
  2. (blocked) clFP xx Phoenix Stance xx sweeps xx tag cancel, 6M, LPxx6MPxx6FP xx RH Spin Kicks, LP, MKxxFPxxLauncher, cRH [xx Phoenix Stance xx undo stance, cRH] x4
  3. repeat step 2
  4. profit

Of course, there's any number of other mixups you can throw in there, after RH Spin Kicks, you can LP, cFP(4f frame trap just outside many character's jab range), jump cancel, jMK for the ambiguous cross up reset for instance.
Basically, do the crossup reset, then once they block it delay the cFP very slightly and you land in front. Then tighten the frame trap again once they know about the ambiguity. It's a good 10-15 frames before they can mash anything out if you jump cancel, which is around a 3rd of Ibuki's jump arc, making you safe from most anti airs, especially on cross up. By the time a button comes out, you'll be halfway through the jump.

Ferrio

Banned
In that case, Test 1 : Emilie de (Lili) Rochefort

(wtf, I just realized her last name literally means hard rock)

the trick I use (which probably isn't a good habit to develop) is that I'm doing the long cut when I'm on the left side face right and doing the exact input when on the right facing left.

Oddly enough, its more consistent for me on the left side facing right doing the long cut for some reason.

I really really wish the input display in training showed neutral.

GrayFoxPL

All the crouch dashes become super easy (especially canceling strings) when you realize you need to use df,df command. For crouching moves use eg. df+mk~df very fast and there you go. Easy as Ryu & Ken online flowcharters.

Ferrio

Banned
All the crouch dashes become super easy (especially canceling strings) when you realize you need to use df,df command. For crouching moves use eg. df+mk~df very fast and there you go. Easy as Ryu & Ken online flowcharters.

I tried DF DF and it never comes out.

I really really wish the input display in training showed neutral.

I was doing Jin's basic BnB since the game was released, I finished Kings trials on the first day and played him a little and I decided I would dump him for jin. Then I see floe, and I'm like "yeah thats what I'm talking about". No one at my local scene plays Jin, which is perfect for me. Im sick of seeing ryu, kazuya,ken,vega,hugo and juri.

practice that BnB (cr.lp. cr.lp cr.mk. SS lp/mp) everyday, you'll get it. I'm going to practice it in a few myself. Yesterday I discovered I can pull off st.lp cr.lp cr.mk. SS lp/mp dependably

I want to get SS lp ex.lp penetrating fist into super............................but thats tough.

edit: I tried the DF DF method, never worked for me. It works when I use kazuya and start wavedashing but for jin he just looks like he's humping the floor then outta nowhere a SS comes out

Shouta

Hmm, this is good. Cause I do this sort of thing with Vega with a jump back HP. I'll have to give it some trial and errors then. :D

It's not perfect but it works well if you can get the timing down. Hunting Stance then f+mp works as well as double wild slap (st.hp st.mp) too but it can still be finicky. No perfect solution to AA so.

GrayFoxPL

I wouldn't have finished Kazuya, Heihachi and Kuro trails without the df,df method.

Didn't finish Jin, not because of SS but that insane power stance to mental awareness to mp cancel.

GrayFoxPL

Thought so. You're probably not hitting exactly DF DF hence why it comes out.

Eh, dunno. I've done billions of ewgf's in those trails before I got the input down so it comes out every time now, I'm not mashing directions if that's what you mean. Try USD's df,d,df method if it works for you.

df,df method doesn't work that well from neutral, but while buffering from other moves.

Ferrio

Banned
Eh, dunno. I've done billions of ewgf's in those trails before I got the input down so it comes out every time now, I'm not mashing directions if that's what you mean. Try USD's df,d,f method if it works for you.

df,df method doesn't work well from neutral, but while buffering from other moves.

I'm not saying you're mashing, I'm saying that pad is less accurate, so you're probably hitting other inputs that let it come out.

Just tried to play a match against two guys online, one was Ken the other was Heihachi. I absolutely destroyed Ken every time, but he always managed to get out and then Heihachi would come in and completely destroy me. I had no defense. I need to learn his moves to counter them, argh.

GrayFoxPL

About something else.

I'm worried they will break the netcode with the sound patch.

Yeah this was a major wtf at first with the sound offonoffon, but later I barely noticed it anymore and I have some serious lagless bouts even with US.

I'm feeling in my bones this patch will introduce more input lag.

Solune

How I do it is, Hold DF when crouching, then D, DF and it comes out after that.

GrayFoxPL

Just tried to play a match against two guys online, one was Ken the other was Heihachi. I absolutely destroyed Ken every time, but he always managed to get out and then Heihachi would come in and completely destroy me. I had no defense. I need to learn his moves to counter them, argh.

There is no defense, just bend over and take the iron fist like a man.

Jump in on counter, block high and pray the opponent won't combo any low into qcf+lp.

DR2K

Banned
About something else.

I'm worried they will break the netcode with the sound patch.

Yeah this was a major wtf at first with the sound offonoffon, but later I barely noticed it anymore and I have some serious lagless bouts even with US.

I'm feeling in my bones this patch will introduce more input lag.

Not if they do it right, like they should have done before they started selling this game.

There is no defense, just bend over and take the iron fist like a man.

I was afraid of that. :( Haha, I'll probably do some training with Heihachi soon. Him, Julia, and Steve in particular I wanted to work in training mode more with. So far I've practiced with Cammy, King, Law, and Hwoarang the most. I guess I'm just more interested in the Tekken characters since most of the SF characters are from SFIV. I may screw around a bit with Rolento at the very least.

I'm getting to the point where I'm a little frustrated. I spent like an hour and a half messing around with Law and Hwoarang in training and felt pretty good, then got completely destroyed by the most basic by-the-book Ryu/Ken team around. I don't know if it's I'm still not used to the netcode or what, but I really feel like that shouldn't have happened. :|

SUPARSTARX

The more I play this game, the more stuff I find for myself. Loving it.

I wished Tekken characters had more juggle counters in combos.

GrayFoxPL

I was afraid of that. :( Haha, I'll probably do some training with Heihachi soon. Him, Julia, and Steve in particular I wanted to work in training mode more with. So far I've practiced with Cammy, King, Law, and Hwoarang the most. I guess I'm just more interested in the Tekken characters since most of the SF characters are from SFIV. I may screw around a bit with Rolento at the very least.

I'm getting to the point where I'm a little frustrated. I spent like an hour and a half messing around with Law and Hwoarang in training and felt pretty good, then got completely destroyed by the most basic by-the-book Ryu/Ken team around. I don't know if it's I'm still not used to the netcode or what, but I really feel like that shouldn't have happened. :|

Hwoarang is really good on team RyuKen. You kill all jump ins with skyrocket and get two in a row if they're high. From afar use the half circle forward+H kick you'll fly over every hadouken.
Cross up (or not) with in air lp,mp then lp,mp,lp string then lk,mp,mp,skyrocket or whatever else.

Oh and simple hk, ex hunting hawk then repeat takes something way over 500. Ex into Hk and regular hk hawk also hits pretty hard.

Top Bottom