• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I was afraid of that. :( Haha, I'll probably do some training with Heihachi soon. Him, Julia, and Steve in particular I wanted to work in training mode more with. So far I've practiced with Cammy, King, Law, and Hwoarang the most. I guess I'm just more interested in the Tekken characters since most of the SF characters are from SFIV. I may screw around a bit with Rolento at the very least.

I'm getting to the point where I'm a little frustrated. I spent like an hour and a half messing around with Law and Hwoarang in training and felt pretty good, then got completely destroyed by the most basic by-the-book Ryu/Ken team around. I don't know if it's I'm still not used to the netcode or what, but I really feel like that shouldn't have happened. :|

I'm running Law/Heihachi while I learn Lili and those two are just super solid whether alone or together. Heihachi's walk speed is lacking but you can use f.mp to move around quickly and once he's in his f.lp.lp is great pressure. Actually most of his strings are decent for frame traps provided you don't mash f.lp.mp. Law is..Law. I pretty much play him like a two trick pony. Fish for c.lp or c.mp ->medium fists or walk backwards and keep doing b.mp.lk until you catch them and then finish the string mk to launch them and start your combo.

I don't think it's the netcode, I think most people aren't used to how block stun and frame traps works in this game yet. You really can't do a thing in this game until you are SURE you are out of range of your opponent's attacks. Until then just block, block, block. One jab landing in this game is essentially 400-500 damage provided the player knows what they're doing. This game needs way more patience than most.

brian

Argh, this game is so frustrating. Picked it up for the first time in about a week and proceeded to lose 6 in a row, even against people under 1000 points. I'm a decent SFIV player, but absolute garbage at this. =(

Gods Garden x Capcom starts in about 7 hours. First official Capcom tournament for SFxT.

Some players featured: Kazunoko, Nuki, Kokujin, Nekojita.

zlatko

Banned
Sorry to whoever added me. It's late so I had to bail. Early work sucks. Got the weekend here to get it in though.

Also, I suck with King, but I refuse to give up!

Sayah

Everytime I do the command grab with Nina in practice, the CPU avoids the subsequent hits. What am I doing wrong? Any special way of doing this?

DRE Fei

Whenever I play this game online, it sends me into rage mode.
Exs6R.gif

It's really good offline though. They really dropped the ball on this one. Hopefully next week they can address some issues.

Sayah

you need to press the next buttons at the right time. Sometime after the first throw damage registers.

I understand the buttons have to be pressed after each snap I hear. However, the CPU often escapes the grab while I'm doing it. She'll start doing the second hit for the command grab but the CPU will escape most of the time.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Just finished Ryu's 20th trial.

God help me, I think I'm getting better at fighting game execution.

I'm becoming able to hit confirm and branch properly on reaction, and 1 frame links are starting to seem normal. I know the trials in this game are hardly KoFXIII, but there's a lot of tricky link sequences in them.

Shouta

So in Road to Evo tourny stuff tonight, I lose to a Guile/Cammy who shut me out. Get sent to losers, beat the crap out of a Kazuya/Hugo and advanced then lose to a final round timeout against Dhalsim/Raven, fuuuuu. I mauled Dhalsim in 24 seconds one round though, that was sweet. All on a shitty 360 pad.

Argh, this game is so frustrating. Picked it up for the first time in about a week and proceeded to lose 6 in a row, even against people under 1000 points. I'm a decent SFIV player, but absolute garbage at this. =(

Use launchers on noobs who low attack all day and enjoy the free BP (bison points)

No, blinking. Because you can only plink from a heavier to a lighter button, jabs are unplinkable. But by remapping the back button, you can b(ack)link from jab.

what is this sorcery? a glitch?

ShadowNinja64

Neo Member
I understand the buttons have to be pressed after each snap I hear. However, the CPU often escapes the grab while I'm doing it. She'll start doing the second hit for the command grab but the CPU will escape most of the time.

That happens if you input the followup outside of the proper interval. There's something like a 10 frame window for the first followup and a 30ish frame window for the second followup. The way I time it is by watching Nina. For the first followup, there's a part of the animation where it looks like she's about to let their arm drop, and that's when I hit the PP. For the second followup, you can pretty much do it any time right after the first snap happens and the animation settles down from the weird negative color thing they did to show off bone snapping.

sephi22

Man, I got banned before the game hit, and my ban lifted today, after I got bored of this game.
Whatever. Duckroll, I ain't even mad

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
No, blinking. Because you can only plink from a heavier to a lighter button, jabs are unplinkable. But by remapping the back button, you can b(ack)link from jab.

It's still called plinking *instert mean name questioning your intelegince* Plinking simply works by something lower on the chain being negated by a higher up, since the only thing lower than a jab is a taunt. You plink with taunt.

Seriously what do they call it in arcades? Stlinking? on ps3? Selinking

ShadowNinja64

Neo Member
It's still called plinking *instert mean name questioning your intelegince* Plinking simply works by something lower on the chain being negated by a higher up, since the only thing lower than a jab is a taunt. You plink with taunt.

I believe Start is also lower than Jab in the chain, but only in cases where the pause function is disabled, e.g. online matches.

Darvan

Damn I want to get better in this game but watching some of these fights makes me feel like a monkey on acid trying to learn the ins and outs of it.

you are pressing it slightly too soon most likely.

press it way too early or way too late = nothing happens
press it just slightly off = you attempt but it fails (i think this only triggers if its slightly too soon and not if its slightly too late though i can't remember)

for the first hit, wait for like half a second after the hit connects and wait until after you see the white hit spark. basically time it "after" the hit, not "with" the hit.

for the second hit, the whole screen will flash white. press it about half a second to a whole second after it flashes. the window for the 2nd hit seems really large and near impossible to miss.

Ferrio

Banned
Aha, think I found a way to do mist step from crouching normals that works for me. Was able to do it consistently from crouching while facing right which has been an issue before. Huzzah.

GrayFoxPL

You are doing it wrong. You don't push the buttons on "snap" but much later just when she's about to let the opponent arms go. The opponents breaking out means you are pushing the buttons too early.

I'm letting Paul go after losing 1000+bp, love the character but capcom made him Dan tier here.

GrayFoxPL

Also by the way does anyone have a good idea for a Tekken character to use to team up with Cole?

Only played once against Cole, noticed he has health as low as Akuma or similar. Love playing against Akuma because 2 combos = dead Akuma.

Get someone with bigger health, Kazuya, King, Heihachi maybe?

I seriously forgot Cole is in the game, no one uses him.

Shouta

I'm letting Paul go after losing 1000+bp, love the character but capcom made him Dan tier here.

I love Paul but yeah, he needs work still. He's dan-tier right now but I'm sure they didn't really intend on making him that way. If they'dj ust increase his overall damage output or increase the speed/chain abilities on his attacks, it'd help, I think.

Top Bottom