• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

sleepykyo

I understand the buttons have to be pressed after each snap I hear. However, the CPU often escapes the grab while I'm doing it. She'll start doing the second hit for the command grab but the CPU will escape most of the time.

Probably pressing the buttons too early then. The button presses are done quite a bit after the initial animation.

GrayFoxPL

I love Paul but yeah, he needs work still. He's dan-tier right now but I'm sure they didn't really intend on making him that way. If they'dj ust increase his overall damage output or increase the speed/chain abilities on his attacks, it'd help, I think.

He just seems unfinished. He has very few normals that are cancelable or usable (far HP anyone?), weak combos without meter, weak tag options etc. He's just weak.
I spent many days in trening so I found some nice stuff, but it pales in comparison with options other characters have.
qcf+p on counter hit should take 300 damage, give him his tekken counters and make demolition man a special move, full hit anywhere on screen and then he'll be getting somewhere.

I have a feeling capcom devs were working in 2 ways on tekken characters:

1.Let's study this character every detail for months.

2.Let's look at this one for 5 minutes and try to recreate it from memory.

Some characters like Kazuya or King seem to fall in the first category. Other like Raven, Hwoarang are like designer was trying to remember how the character fought, gave up and decided he'll make some shit up.

alstein

I love Paul but yeah, he needs work still. He's dan-tier right now but I'm sure they didn't really intend on making him that way. If they'dj ust increase his overall damage output or increase the speed/chain abilities on his attacks, it'd help, I think.

I don't think they finished Paul. His win quotes are incomplete also.

So pissed off atm, I just tried to play this for the first time since the week it came out. I can't believe that they stil haven't fixed the sound.

I think for Paul, he moves like a tank, but doesn't hit like a tank. Jab +frames are nice I guess.

I still use him for some reason, he looks damn cool to me, heh. I wish his ex charged PSmasher would stagger on block, and the active hit box on the pass through knee move lasted longer after it is out.

I am fine with him walking so damn slow if he hit harder. Whatever though I guess.

GrayFoxPL

They'll break the online with this patch I'm telling you. Who needs sound? I have all samples in my head when I play: Doryya! Doryya! Ughh! Thaw! Pow! Keyyyyooow!

So pissed off atm, I just tried to play this for the first time since the week it came out. I can't believe that they stil haven't fixed the sound.

April 3rd. Should be a fix then. That's patch day.

Check out this 52 hit combo Poongko does with Kazuya/Heihachi

Almost looks like a infinite, but its not

Isn't what he doing a still a glitch though? Putting him back into "standing stance" after the two low twirly kicks and then a tag. That bit isn't legit right?

GrayFoxPL

Isn't what he doing a still a glitch though? Putting him back into "standing stance" after the two low twirly kicks and then a tag. That bit isn't legit right?

iIH205mIuHVyv.png

Hell Sweeps!

LakeEarth

I think for Paul, he moves like a tank, but doesn't hit like a tank. Jab +frames are nice I guess.

I still use him for some reason, he looks damn cool to me, heh. I wish his ex charged PSmasher would stagger on block, and the active hit box on the pass through knee move lasted longer after it is out.

I am fine with him walking so damn slow if he hit harder. Whatever though I guess.

Yeah I dropped Paul a few weeks back. He had very little to open people up except for jab jab jab jab and half the cast have that. I feel like all of his special moves have poor utility.

I wouldn't worry about who's bad now since the game will get rebalanced at some point. Problem is that gems are not being used in competitive play so i feel that the mechanic wont be fully explored for more time than expected.

hertog

I want to use Kuma or Marduk as second character to Rolento. are they as defenceless as King in a normal situation?
feels like none of king's moves have any priority.

Shouta

Kuma's defense is a little messy but he has options if you're aware of what to do. His offense is potent as hell though so most of the time, you'll focus on how to get in and how to defend yourself more than doing your combos because all of them are high damage and mega-easy.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Kuma's defense is a little messy but he has options if you're aware of what to do. His offense is potent as hell though so most of the time, you'll focus on how to get in and how to defend yourself more than doing your combos because all of them are high damage and mega-easy.

Man fuck bear claws. That is all :(

I found a buff I want. I want ogre's far standing Hk to be special cancelable. Seems balanced. Oh and julia's too

I think there was a post in there asking why nina's hp was so low. It's cause she does easy high ass dmg shit, she's fast and has a fuck ton of disjointed hitboxes as well.

Though the best tekken female is Lili in terms of gameplay.

If you want to test if your character has disjointed hitboxes for jump ins. Just go to training and do julia's down Hp vs other air moves

Shouta

Man fuck bear claws. That is all :(

I found a buff I want. I want ogre's far standing Hk to be special cancelable. Seems balanced. Oh and julia's too

I think there was a post in there asking why nina's hp was so low. It's cause she does easy high ass dmg shit, she's fast and has a fuck ton of disjointed hitboxes as well.

Though the best tekken female is Lili in terms of gameplay.

I played AfroCole last night at the tournament I went to, lost to him in losers but went down to the last round. I mauled his Dhalsim in 25 seconds when I got inside with Kuma. Dhalsim/Raven is a scary distance team in this.

Hell Sweeps!

So those are those little figure skater sit-spins that the Mishima's do? That move is just so funny the way it's animated in this game. Maybe it looks better in the Tekken engine (I'm not a Tekken player) but it always looks just ridiculous to me.

Regarding Paul I'm sticking with him. He's bad, no doubt, but I always seem to have an affection for playing bad characters (mained Dan much of SFIV). It's just that everything is so unsafe with him, I think like Mortar Punch (which comes out crazy slow) and EX Sway are about all he has outside of jabs to actually get + frames.

hertog

Got some BnB for me?
And what are his moves after a launcher?

Shouta

Got some BnB for me?
And what are his moves after a launcher?

BnB is Megaton Claw (H version), standing Heavy Kick into Megaton Claw (H version)

You can start it any number of ways. F+HP, G-Clef Cannon (f+lp, mp, hp), j.heavy into standing heavy, and a few other ways all connect to it. The damage varies from 350 to 500 damage. Double wild slap (hp, mp, but you can add another hp at the end) also works but you'll need to EX the Megaton Claw for it to connect.

You can also substitute the last Megaton Claw for a Super Art or a Cross Assault for additional damage.

Kuma's most powerful combo with 3 bars is j.HP, st.HP xx megaton claw (H), st.HK xx Cross Assault.

With Law, that does 683 damage. With some of the more powerful Super Arts, that damage will go up.

For launchers, st.hk into Megaton Claw (H version) works.

You can use frolicking bear in there if you want to but I think Megaton let's you squeeze out a bit more damage.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
But far roundhouses are normally special cancelable. You could always just launch cancel it.

Why the fuck would I do that? LOL I ment it more to be a cheesy bastard with dash cancels :p

Edit: Shout outs to Frolicking bear for BEATING OUT OGRE'S FUCKING COUNTER COMPLETELY. I literally said, " Oh hell no" LOL

GrayFoxPL

Anyone here won with the pandora yet?

It's hilarious online when some desperados activate it and the game becomes a spectacle of two jumping flees - one running away, the other chasing and collapsing on it's face.

Comedy gold. :D

Shouta

It's hilarious online when some desperados activate it and the game becomes a spectacle of two jumping flees - one running away, the other chasing and collapsing on it's face.

I almost did last night in Casuals, and then I dropped the combo. D=

Ferrio

Banned

Gotton a couple kills with it to troll. Wall bounce -> Pandora -> Hugo super.

And no you can't always go for the super, Pandora doesn't give you a full bar. So you gotta make sure you have enough before hand.

ShadowNinja64

Neo Member
Perhaps walk speed is slow because they expect you to be using speed gems? That's all they're good for anyway.

Even if gems were implemented in such a way that they wouldn't be a complete logistical nightmare for tournaments, I don't see why people would be using speed gems over Iron Wall and the life gain gems because timeout runaway is so strong, meter gems because meter is vital, or damage gems in a desperate attempt to counteract the strength of defense gems and runaway. Speed gems also only patch up the slow walkspeed problem for a short period of time, whereas it really is something that should be addressed at a fundamental level.

Darvan

Damn already at a disadvantage with the low HP thanks for the suggestions

Only played once against Cole, noticed he has health as low as Akuma or similar. Love playing against Akuma because 2 combos = dead Akuma.

Get someone with bigger health, Kazuya, King, Heihachi maybe?

I seriously forgot Cole is in the game, no one uses him.

Shouta

Interesting is that some people forget you can go for free super. I got caught in a combo of "pandora'd" character but they go for an ex rather then super.

I dropped the super at the end. Though, I think it was because it was Zangief/Sagat and my usual super combo with Law doesn't work against them because of shitty fall physics.

LakeEarth

Interesting is that some people forget you can go for free super. I got caught in a combo of "pandora'd" character but they go for an ex rather then super.

Does the pandora time limit hold off and allow the super animation to finish for the KO?

Also, never go into pandora mode for fun just before a time over unless it's the last round. It'll empty your meter for the next round.

Ferrio

Banned
Does the pandora time limit hold off and allow the super animation to finish for the KO?

Also, never go into pandora mode for fun just before a time over unless it's the last round. It'll empty your meter for the next round.

The meter still goes down during the super, don't know if it's counted as a loss before the animation ends. Should test that.

Though even with pandora + damage pandora gem... the damage you get from comboing it isn't that impressive.

Horseress

Damn! DAT godsgarden tournament! I think it was the most hype SfXT tournament so far, of course, dem crazy Japanese commentators helped with it

Shouta

The meter still goes down during the super, don't know if it's counted as a loss before the animation ends. Should test that.

Though even with pandora + damage pandora gem... the damage you get from comboing it isn't that impressive.

Pandora gem + innate pandora damage boost, means you could feasibly destroy someone really quickly, I think. I should test it out.

Ferrio

Banned
Pandora gem + innate pandora damage boost, means you could feasibly destroy someone really quickly, I think. I should test it out.

Not really. The damage increase is like 100, less in a combo.

Forget the exact numbers, they're just really underwhelming and you might get the same damage blowing a lvl 3.

Top Bottom