• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I got a 700+ Vega/Xiaoyu pandora combo (with the +damage pandora gem) that's actually pretty practical...if you neutral jump a command grab while you're in the corner.

ShadowNinja64

Neo Member
What's slow walk speed? I use ogre dohoho

Even the fastest walk speeds (Akuma walking forward, Vega walking backward) are only fast in the relative sense of comparing to other characters in this game. They're still quite slow when compared to older games, a problem that is compounded by the overall width of the stages.

Edit: Note that I still think this game is fun, but I think it could be more fun if the complaints brought up by people like UltraDavid and the guy whose SRK thread I linked are addressed in a positive manner.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't got those gems. I only have 1 damage gem that's worth a damn.

what I thought one of the 20% dmg gems was default, it has -10% speed on it Im using that and the 20% with no speed negation. It's why I hit so damn hard.

Edit: I'm white as a ghost but why does race mater?

Shouta

Not really. The damage increase is like 100, less in a combo.

Forget the exact numbers, they're just really underwhelming and you might get the same damage blowing a lvl 3.

The Pandora Gem and the Innate Pandora Damage Boost definitely does not equate to just 100 more damage. It equates to 300 more damage on my best Kuma combo...

Just Pandora, is 15% or so additional damage.

Ferrio

Banned
The Pandora Gem and the Innate Pandora Damage Boost definitely does not equate to just 100 more damage. It equates to 300 more damage on my best Kuma combo...

Just Pandora, is 15% or so additional damage.

On your combo, I was saying just a super since it's one of the few things you can actually combo into from pandora mode.

Did you combo into pandora then into this Kuma combo? Or did you just activate in training mode then do your combo?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
On your combo, I was saying just a super since it's one of the few things you can actually combo into from pandora mode.

Did you combo into pandora then into this Kuma combo? Or did you just activate in training mode then do your combo?

He uses law and kuma :( he has plenty of ways to set it up :(

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
That activate takes such a damn long time though, even with a ground bounce I'd be surprised you'd have enough time to activate and continue the combo..

o_O then why can you do a down mk activate it, then keep going? I think the super long ass animation is messing you up on the timings x.x

Shouta

I did it in Training mode.

I wouldn't do it off a combo with Kuma and Law, I don't think there's much I have that would allow me to activate Pandora and do the combo with this team. However, I have a number of ways of forcing them into a knockdown then going into Pandora. I just gotta play the wake-up game with them from there and Kuma is pretty dangerous inside if you aren't careful.

For the white people in FG gaf, do you feel like you get unnaturally angry while playing the game? And do you feel like your levels of rage are disproportionately higher than your non-white peers? This phenomenon occurs in dallas and we refer to it as "White Rage." For the record, the white people were the ones that coined this term. Often times rage levels reach a point that induces visible awkwardness and discomfort for the victims of white rage in the room. This is very common in Dallas, and I'm curious if it happens in other fighting game scenes. Having seen Viscant curse out PR Rog on stage at Evo("You got fucking lucky" after the tron super), there's hope for this yet.

impact

Banned
For the white people in FG gaf, do you feel like you get unnaturally angry while playing the game? And do you feel like your levels of rage are disproportionately higher than your non-white peers? This phenomenon occurs in dallas and we refer to it as "White Rage." For the record, the white people were the ones that coined this term. Often times rage levels reach a point that induces visible awkwardness and discomfort for the victims of white rage in the room. This is very common in Dallas, and I'm curious if it happens in other fighting game scenes. Having seen Viscant curse out PR Rog on stage at Evo("You got fucking lucky" after the tron super), there's hope for this yet.

I only rage hard when I lose to someone way worse than me. I don't give a shit if I lose 20 times in a row to a good player though.

And while we're at it where my black people at on FG gaf?

Do you find yourself playing characters that require an extremely high amount of inputs such as viper? Or characters with movement options that require excess buttons ala guy and fuerte? Or just flashy and loud characters in general? Do you notice that you get extreme enjoyment out of performing ridiculously long combos that scale damage to shit but are the definition of swag? Joekage is the embodiment of that last one LOL. I find that SFxT would be a perfect case study to see who is truly black out there since while you can perform short efficient combos, you can also bellyflop into the deepend by doing combos three times as long that do less damage.

Perhaps walk speed is slow because they expect you to be using speed gems? That's all they're good for anyway.
i'm fine with slow walkspeeds when theres a lot of characters with gdlk backdashes and dash cancels.

findmyfarms said:
I find that SFxT would be a perfect case study to see who is truly black out there since while you can perform short efficient combos, you can also bellyflop into the deepend by doing combos three times as long that do less damage.
lolwut?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

LOL oh yes Im the most hated evil guy around and I rage hardcore at losing. *rolls eyes*

Racism yay, with that said, you live in the south dude. White people are retarded racist bigots for the most part there. It's more of a environment they grow up around that determines how they act. I mean there are shares of dumbasses everywhere. But from what I seen white people when playing stuff have this sense of IM THE BEST AND NO ONE CAN TOUCH ME and actually believe it. More than anyone and takes it horribly bad when they lose. They also are the most stubborn when it comes to learning shit cause once again. IM THE BEST. Me I love losing, I wish I could lose more often. Maybe I'm just more humble overall though due to life experience.

I blame parenting.

Do you find yourself playing characters that require an extremely high amount of inputs such as viper? Or characters with movement options that require excess buttons ala guy and fuerte? Or just flashy and loud characters in general? Do you notice that you get extreme enjoyment out of performing ridiculously long combos that scale damage to shit but are the definition of swag? Joekage is the embodiment of that last one LOL. I find that SFxT would be a perfect case study to see who is truly black out there since while you can perform short efficient combos, you can also bellyflop into the deepend by doing combos three times as long that do less damage.

Didn't you main Boxer? *shrug* SO FLASHY LOL

I'm black and none of this applies to me at all.

But I wish it did :(

I'm black and none of this applies to me at all.

But I wish it did :(

It's not too late!

Where did we go wrong?

Nowhere my friend.

LOL oh yes Im the most hated evil guy around and I rage hardcore at losing. *rolls eyes*

Oh just so we're clear our FG community wouldn't be what it is without white rage. Every community needs it's own dose of white rage. Anger....is good....especially when it's white!

I'm asian. I contribute to the community with my rampant alcoholism and constant smoking of cigarettes. Like the rest of my asian brethren, we start off the night with decent play, and as time passes on simply debilitate into a drunken stupor of scrubiness.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Next thing you are going to ask is if the Asian players are all tier whores who love broken gimicky characters.

Or if any Hispanic players play cross armed and with sf x tk being 2v2 their evo team could be called the x-men oh my god so genius.

Oh just so we're clear our FG community wouldn't be what it is without white rage. Every community needs it's own dose of white rage. Anger....is good....especially when it's white!

LOL Around here it's normally, black people talk shit before the fight, white people talk shit after the fight, asian groups of friend huddle up and speak which every language they speak *with'n that group, pretty diverse here actually* and the hispanic dudes sorta just stand around.

I'm asian. I contribute to the community with my rampant alcoholism and constant smoking of cigarettes. Like the rest of my asian brethren, we start off the night with decent play, and as time passes on simply debilitate into a drunken stupor of scrubiness.

hahahahaha two of my closest friends are the exact same way xD minus the smoking.

Imm0rt4l

I'm black and that is me. I did gravitated towards viper in sf at first because of her flashy style, but then I came to realize I think the character is stupid as well as Seth and fuerte. I love flashy combos and that's why I enjoy playing dudley in sf4 so much.

That was waaaaay back in vanilla.

Farms is Asian anyways.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The way I look at it is like this.

Black people want to style and prove they are the best by going the extra mile to prove their point.

White people want the easy less effort way out most of the time.

Asian people want the stuff that's been proven effective easy or complex if it's the most effective they will go for it.

and Crippled people like to troll.

and lol I never knew farms race, when he said my black people I read it as an association thing. xD woops

Degen

Outrageous. The key is to do as much damage as possible with as little effort as possible.

Kuma/Hugo, Nemesis/Hulk/Sentinel, T. Hawk, etc.

Imm0rt4l

You make me proud!! Also for what it's worth, dudley is fuckin swoll in SfxT. He has a walkspeed as fast, if not faster than akuma's, and his overhead is even faster, not to mention he does stupid damage T_T

Wow I didn't hear about the walk speed, good to hear, but is it wrong that I secretly hope he's not very accesible to play?

Something I've noticed about myself though is I like to play obscure characters, I don't like playing really popular characters.

I'm black
In SF4 I used Boxer and DeeJay and fei long.. :p

I always tried to use any Bruce Lee clone in any FG followed by a black character. In MK I used Jax and Lui Kang

Is there a combo in any fighting game that isn't the definition of swag?

I used Dante in MVC3 also

swag

LakeEarth

Huh, if you tag cancel Chun's spinning bird kick in the corner, the move goes on for so long that your teammate has enough time to charge his super.

I'm half but I still consider myself Asian.

Going to play some games later tonight. It's been a while.

Halfie huh? Are you super hot or super busted? Half n halfs tend to be one or the other. I too am a halfie.....
let's just say i'm not super hot[/spoiiler]

gahahahaha

It's joking generalizations. Why you so offended fox and why feel insulted if it isn't even remotely true. :p

But they are true...

Wow I didn't hear about the walk speed, good to hear, but is it wrong that I secretly hope he's not very accesible to play?

Something I've noticed about myself though is I like to play obscure characters, I don't like playing really popular characters.

You might be SOL then. I feel like the SFxT engine fits dudley a lot more than the sf4 engine did, him having the most likely fastest walk speed in the game only helps. He should be really scary once people get real lab time on him. I'm calling it now that he'll either be A tier or on the cusp of S.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

Like a week ago I lost for like 2 or 3 hours straight to rbrogue and Jlai, winning a singular game at the end. I wasn't even mad. At this point in the game losing like that doesn't bother me. I'd probably be kinda salty if I lost like that 2 months down the line though.

Threi is saltier than everyone in this thread combined and I'm pretty sure he's a black dude.

Top Bottom