• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

DRE Fei

I'm really digging Raven right now. Good untechable knockdown combo setup into ambiguous crossup. This dude reminds me of Wesker in a way because of his fast teleport recovery.

I'm uninstalling AE from my hard drive right now. SFxT is like the next logical step forward. Way more fun.

I'm really digging Raven right now. Good untechable knockdown combo setup into ambiguous crossup. This dude reminds me of Wesker in a way because of his fast teleport recovery.

I'm uninstalling AE from my hard drive right now. SFxT is like the next logical step forward. Way more fun.

I hate him already. lol

Yes the Tekken tag intro is in the game! I guess its your rival battle theme. The pre fight custsceness are great Bison and Juri vs Kuma and Heihachi was awesome. Juri is like "hmmm you look tasty" to kuma and kuma responds" Im not tatsty eatch some chicken instead"

*edit" oh shit Ogre's tekken theme 3 is in this too! Shit the 6th needs to get her asap.

and the team endings are awesome. Perhaps gallery mode can be patched in cause it would be nice to watch these whenever we want.

cackhyena

So has anyone seen some crazy Akuma combos? I haven't and I'm wondering how much he has over, say, Ryu since everyone can link so much more so easily in this game?

Teknoman

Yes the Tekken tag intro is in the game! I guess its your rival battle theme. The pre fight custsceness are great Bison and Juri vs Kuma and Heihachi was awesome. Juri is like "hmmm you look tasty" to kuma and kuma responds" Im not tatsty eatch some chicken instead"

*edit" oh shit Ogre's tekken theme 3 is in this too! Shit the 6th needs to get her asap.

and the team endings are awesome. Perhaps gallery mode can be patched in cause it would be nice to watch these whenever we want.

So there are original themes in the game as well as stage themes?

Q confirmed to never come

Dammit Ono! Why would you say never! >_<

Karin confirmed to never come, but strongly hinted at being in Tekken X Street Fighter instead

Interesting.

Noting that a lot of people want R Mika, Eagle, and Alex....but not really saying anything about them other than laughing

Even more interesting, Eagle and Alex would be incredible. (And yeah, I like R. Mika too.)

So there are original themes in the game as well as stage themes?

I dont think so, some stages just change music after each round. So for the Mishima estate stage( the one with kunimistu in the background) the first round is Heihachi's tekken 2 theme. Then the 2nd round when you jump down from the roof it goes to Heihachi's tekken 3 theme. The tekken tag intro theme seems to be the rival match theme in arcade mode. Ogre theme plays when you fight him as the final boss in arcade mode. At least this is what I'e gathered from watching the stream.
http://www.twitch.tv/iczers/

Teknoman

I dont think so, some stages just change music after each round. So for the Mishima estate stage( the one with kunimistu in the background) the first round is Heihachi's tekken 2 theme. Then the 2nd round when you jump down from the roof it goes to Heihachi's tekken 3 theme. The tekken tag intro theme seems to be the rival match theme in arcade mode. Ogre theme plays when you fight him as the final boss in arcade mode. At least this is what I'e gathered from watching the stream.
http://www.twitch.tv/iczers/

Damn thats awesome then.

OK correction about the themes. If your rival battle is against a tekken team then the Tekken Tag intro theme will play. Your boss fight will also be against Ogre. If your rival battle is against a Street Fighter team then the Street Fighter IV theme will play and your boss fight will be against Akuma and his theme will play during that fight.

oroboros

Im kind of glad im not getting all the "exclusive" characters, I think they would ruin the tone of the game for me.

Same here, I got a 360 and PS3, but getting the game on 360 with the silly nonsense characters being a big factor. I want Street Fighter X Tekken, straight up. If I cared about a bunch of stupid, random, distracting characters I can always play MUGEN.

Same here, I got a 360 and PS3, but getting the game on 360 with the silly nonsense characters being a big factor. I want Street Fighter X Tekken, straight up. If I cared about a bunch of stupid, random, distracting characters I can always play MUGEN.

Yeah, i opted for the 360 version, ill grab the vita version aswell but only so i can play it on the move to pass time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

srs dancing bear is srs

SoulFist

Oh my gosh that SFXTK VS TE stick looks amazing! I wasn't planning on buying a new stick but, gotdang if that isn't one sexy piece of stick. Madcatz continues to outdo themselves.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
From the stream, holy fuck are these endings bad or what. It's inconceivable that they have something such as pandoras box, where they have free reign to do whatever the fuck with, and then they decide to make every single ending (that I've seen thus far) so that
the box is never opened willingly so effectively it does nothing, and life goes on unaffected.
Like, what the flying fuck? Why would just put that in the story and then
do nothing with what has so much potential
? Why even bother making CG endings when your just gonna do that?

Are we going to have to do the "lol fighting game story" thing again?

It's not even a canon fighting game for either series. Like does anyone remember any endings from MVC3? Do you, enzo? Did anyone even see those things? Did they even have endings? I don't even remember.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

It's not even a canon fighting game for either series. Like does anyone remember any endings from MVC3? Do you, enzo? Did anyone even see those things? Did they even have endings? I don't even remember.

Capcom just can't compete with Namco when it comes to dumb endings, so they don't even try. Fucking volcanos, Paul going to space, Roger Jr in general

From the stream, holy fuck are these endings bad or what. It's inconceivable that they have something such as pandoras box, where they have free reign to do whatever the fuck with, and then they decide to make every single ending (that I've seen thus far) so that
the box is never opened willingly so effectively it does nothing, and life goes on unaffected.
Like, what the flying fuck? Why would just put that in the story and then
do nothing with what has so much potential
? Why even bother making CG endings when your just gonna do that?

Wow, preorder CANCELED. Deal breaker right ther

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

People who want story in FGs should go play BlazBlue CS:E.

Guarantee you'll have your fill of FG story for a loooooong time.

TDLink

Im kind of glad im not getting all the "exclusive" characters, I think they would ruin the tone of the game for me.

I do -not- understand this attitude at all. 5 more characters are 5 more characters plain and simple. If you want the 360 version for other reasons like xbox live or whatever, sure I can understand that. But not wanting a version of the game because it has more characters? What? That is pretty stupid. Not to mention not all 5 are total "jokes", Cole looks pretty neat personally and honestly the Megaman they chose to go with does overall fit the Street Fighter style...he is just wearing a funny costume (which can be said for a lot of the SF characters).

Regardless though, the game's main roster is also filled with silly characters. I mean really, one is a giant bear who farts in peoples' faces and then dances around. There is also a samurai who likes to kill himself and jump up and down on his sword like a pogo stick. Oh and let's not forget the giant green guy who discharges electricity who is going to be added later on too. Just naming a few of the -most- ridiculous ones of course. Very few of the Tekken and SF characters actually come off as serious.

I can't believe that it is their official theme.

PLEASE tell me that music plays when you play as them. It would be so awesome

It does. Every time Toro or Kuro are in a match it plays instead of the stage theme. Pretty cool.

Skilletor

I do -not- understand this attitude at all. 5 more characters are 5 more characters plain and simple. If you want the 360 version for other reasons like xbox live or whatever, sure I can understand that. But not wanting a version of the game because it has more characters? What? That is pretty stupid. Not to mention not all 5 are total "jokes", Cole looks pretty neat personally and honestly the Megaman they chose to go with does overall fit the Street Fighter style...he is just wearing a funny costume (which can be said for a lot of the SF characters). .

I don't know what you mean at all. Obviously a fighting bear is thematically relevant whereas pac-man is stupid.

Oh my gosh that SFXTK VS TE stick looks amazing! I wasn't planning on buying a new stick but, gotdang if that isn't one sexy piece of stick. Madcatz continues to outdo themselves.

I know, I really, really love the bigger form factor sticks like the SFxT VS stick and the Hori VLX. Sadly I think the arcade stick thread photo contest is my only shot at one, just don't have the cash around for something like that.

SupaNaab

How good are the odds that someone dedicated enough would be able to import the exclusive characters in the PC version (given what we know about SFIV and AE PC)?

Nose Master

I do -not- understand this attitude at all. 5 more characters are 5 more characters plain and simple. If you want the 360 version for other reasons like xbox live or whatever, sure I can understand that. But not wanting a version of the game because it has more characters? What? That is pretty stupid. Not to mention not all 5 are total "jokes", Cole looks pretty neat personally and honestly the Megaman they chose to go with does overall fit the Street Fighter style...he is just wearing a funny costume (which can be said for a lot of the SF characters).

I'm just playing devil's advocate here, but I'd assume it's because they're weird guest characters. They're not from either series, they're just crammed in there. Kind of like Spawn in SC2.

Skilletor

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

The endings in MvC3 were pretty damn good for what they were. They did the crossover element good and threw in lots of fun references (Megamen teaming up to join Nova Corps, etc.). At least you got something at the end of it.

I understand there are very low expectations for fighting game stories, but man they put the most effort into these just for them to be the worst yet, when this was supposed to show some sort of step forward. So yeah let's not even talk about SF5 if this is what were working with now. It's not even that, it's the fact that the explicit purpose of the ending is to tell you that there is no story is what irks me. Like.. Why bother if your going to just do *that*? Just cut straight to Game Over screen. Simple. No need for a CG cutscene, waste of resources.

TDLink

I'm just playing devil's advocate here, but I'd assume it's because they're weird guest characters. They're not from either series, they're just crammed in there. Kind of like Spawn in SC2.

The difference being that Spawn was completely random and didn't fit the aesthetic of the game at all, nor belong to Microsoft (the company whose console he was on). Admittedly Toro and Kuro also fall into that description but the others do not.

Megaman is clearly in the style of a street fighter character (representing that series' larger attempt at realism...granted it still has its oddballs). Inversely, Pacman is clearly in the style of a Tekken character by being a bit more ridiculous like some of the Tekken cast edges towards. I think as guest representatives from the companies who both made them and also the fighting series actually crossing over in the game they work well and actually fit their sides. I would also argue that Cole seems to fit in just fine with both the SF and Tekken aesthetic, nicely bridging them sort of in one character despite him not being from either company.

Personally I welcome any additional characters whether they be wacky or serious. It just creates more options which can only lead to more fun.

Top Bottom