• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

While this thread is great. Nothing will compare to the vanilla MVC3 thread. I just went back for some memories....
tihpX.gif

Ill be glad to have another game to play though.

Edit: pictures of pringles, kfc(whack chicken), talks of massive urleys

Care to share a link, sir?

Esura

Banned
http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity

Ono giving an interview. Says updates will be arcade edition style where you can choose what version you want to play in a menu.

I may be the minority in this, but I would personally prefer having a physical copy of a super edition to this game down the road than having to buy the version online. I'm somewhat old fashioned in that regard. I got all my copies of various fighting game series and their various iterations all on my shelf and no regrets.

TDLink

Any explanation about it?

He said some manga artist (or company?) actually owns the character rights to Karin so it makes using her a complicated matter. It isn't that it is impossible but it is more troublesome than many of the other characters they could choose, so don't expect to see her in SFxT. But then he said he thinks Harada may be using her anyways in a project he is working on that we will see soon and gave a big wink. He then said he is honestly not trolling and is 100% serious in that statement.

Yuripaw

Banned
image.php

Just wanted to say, I really like Xiaoyu's design for SF X Tekken. I actually think a lot of the Tekken characters look better with this art style, then they did for their original games, lol. But that's just me.

Street-Fighter-3-Q-Vs-Oro-by-Gobi.jpg

"ONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

edit: I also REALLY like the SF4 art style on the Tekken characters. I think they've made a great transition, and some of my favorite versions of the characters, like King and Xiaoyu mentioned above. The only really odd one out is Heihachi, who is Dr. Wily for some reason.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
He said some manga artist (or company?) actually owns the character rights to Karin so it makes using her a complicated matter. It isn't that it is impossible but it is more troublesome than many of the other characters they could choose, so don't expect to see her in SFxT. But then he said he thinks Harada may be using her anyways in a project he is working on that we will see soon and gave a big wink. He then said he is honestly not trolling and is 100% serious in that statement.
How the hell does someone other than Capcom own the rights to Karin?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Frank "Trashman" Reynolds;35635861 said:
Sweet action! If it's tomorrow bring me a copy of SFxT with you lol I can't believe I can't find a copy anywhere. I don't think any mom & pop videogames stores even exist in this city anymore.

But yeah, hit me up when you get out here. Food, Booze, Arcade, and shit.

lol its gonna take a bit longer than that. Shelly is the one that got the sweet gig and now Im playing catch-up, shes moving next week! I'll be there in a couple of months.

What are you up to down there? Got a good thing going? Im SUPER EXCITED to be there, be part of the arcade community, etc

TDLink

Here is a summary of what he talked about (Based on what I am recalling now):

• Q confirmed to never come
  • Karin confirmed to never come, but strongly hinted at being in Tekken X Street Fighter instead
  • Noting that a lot of people want R Mika, Eagle, and Alex....but not really saying anything about them other than laughing
  • More details on the 12 DLC characters for consoles coming at Capcom's Captivate event in April
  • PC version coming in May, more details later
  • Blanka is a very complicated character to translate into this game and they are still working on making him perfect
  • They picked Law over Fei Long because Law was closer and even more of a rip off of Bruce Lee

I missed it, but can someone link me the SFxT theme song remix thing that was floating around today?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuIqFUEoGVo

Kinda sad there's no gallery mode so you can watch the intros/endings without having to go through arcade every time.
Wow really? That sucks big time, I thought gallery mode would be a sure thing for this game. Especially with all the cg trailers they put out.

watching that Iczers stream, Juri with some epic side boob in the chracter select screen.

d0c_zaius

the team specific endings are really cool. WAY better than the SF4 OVA anime stuff.

for those curious of the layout:

it starts with still images for your team, midway you get a igc of your team and the rival team, then after beating the boss you get a nice CG ending.

off to the release party!

Makoto

Am I correct in assuming that turning on "Host Settings" when creating an endless lobby is pretty much Capcom catering to the 24/7 lobby streams by making the host a spectator only?

If so, that's pretty cool.

Edit: What CountBlackule said.

Also, those who have tried online, please post impressions of the netcode. I know opponents will be limited prior to release but any impressions would be awesome.

Top Bottom