• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

mollipen

oh wow that was you with the stick? I should have totally said wassup for me and Andrew C.

That was me! I was wondering if anybody from GAF might recognize the stick and come talk to me, but nobody did. I guess I should have posted about it before the show.

just got back from the SFxT release party! It was awesome. The highlights:

-told Tasty Steve that he was GAFs favorite cast member and we were all cheering for him. He is a really nice guy and genuinely appreciated it!

-told James Chen that I grew up reading his FAQs, and he asked me if I used them to go to sleep. I told him he started it all heh.

- Screamed SHERRY and she gave me this "not you cannot" face then reluctantly gave me a high-5

-told Clockw0rk thanks for making strategy guide relevant again. He says the SFxT should hold up the standard well.

-got S.Kill to sign my urleh copy and told him we are both old men playing fighting games and he chuckled. A really cool guy.

-Got to hang out with J Tight and Skydiddy from the Tester and got to hear how they did their SFxT episode. They are really cool guys and super friendly. Skydiddy asked to be a boss in the Last of Us haha, then started to act like a monster.

Also I was wondering if people would be interested in seeing the pictures I took. I have about 10 but I dont want to spam the topic if people arent interested.

Also out of all the matches I played, only one person knew how to play the game. Valle left the machine after a 30 win streak lol.

SPAM!!! SPAMM I SAY!!! Please :D

d0c_zaius

That was me! I was wondering if anybody from GAF might recognize the stick and come talk to me, but nobody did. I guess I should have posted about it before the show.

heh yea and no one recognized me with my last of us shirt. I actually wanted to say something when you were by the art pieces but I didnt want to be one of those guys heh.

SPAM!!! SPAMM I SAY!!! Please :D

Ok sure thing. I just need to upload them real quick.

Also I got to talk to my old buddy Matt D (aka producer of Cross Assault) about the show and how we both started out as contract QA back in the day. He's really happy people dug the show as he took a number of risks, and he knows that some stuff needs to be tightened. But I gave him a ton of props for making it through the whole thing without exploding.

Oh he wants to know why stream monsters call him spaghetti matt. I told him they call him awkward matt and I guess that didnt need any explanation haha.

Most importantly though, was the event was positive, fun and truly reflective of how awesome the FGC can be. Of course I doubt it will get any press coverage, but everyone playing was really cool whether they won or lost. Made me wish for the arcade days again.. It was great to experience after all this drama.

So wait, are the extra 12 characters going to be free DLC? Or is this yet another Capcom DLC scamfest? I was already turned off by the preorder gem nonsense, so if the roster is incomplete I'm out.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Well if someone could turn this cool art into an avatar (Possibly Transparent?) with or without Team Fox on it, I would be very happy indeed!

tk4-steve-fox.jpg

Haha thanks! Yeah I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff. :X

The video is in 720p you could attempt a screencapture!
Something quick, not too bad for a youtube vid print screened. If I had the skills I would try to render her then slap her near the bottom left so the buttons wouldnt cover her up.
rollf.png

d0c_zaius post dem pics!

So wait, are the extra 12 characters going to be free DLC? Or is this yet another Capcom DLC scamfest? I was already turned off by the preorder gem nonsense, so if the roster is incomplete I'm out.

.... Free DLC is unlikely and well there's substantial claims from specific sources that the characters are full and playable but we are waiting on an unlock code. The rest of the roster will be shown at Captivate.

Lot of audio drop-outs when playing online(Though not while spectating). Hope that's just the result of pre-release shenanigans or if not then fixed in the day 1 patch or something - Seth Killian confirmed one didn't he?

mollipen

heh yea and no one recognized me with my last of us shirt. I actually wanted to say something when you were by the art pieces but I didnt want to be one of those guys heh.

I can only speak for myself, but I never mind people coming up to say hello if they want to.

Most importantly though, was the event was positive, fun and truly reflective of how awesome the FGC can be. Of course I doubt it will get any press coverage, but everyone playing was really cool whether they won or lost. Made me wish for the arcade days again.. It was great to experience after all this drama.

Yeah, it was a great event, and I had a lot of fun for the three hours that I was there. I just wish I had a higher skill level so that I could have actually enjoyed getting into the mix and playing other people.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to swing it, but I talked to both Ono and Seth, so maybe I can do a little write-up about the event. That is, if I can get through what I have to finish before heading to GDC.

d0c_zaius

ooook here we go. sorry for the image spam!

Also I didnt take too many pictures of players, just the scene. It was hot and muggy, and I didnt want to come off like a TMZ guy heh.

Looking at the floor while waiting 20 minutes to meet Ono, only to have him troll me by leaving right when I get up to him. It was in a bank and there b gold bars in the floor o_0.
417989_371363916215398_100000253773284_1344416_576871033_n.jpg

My Pokemon Snap attempt at getting his marvelous Ono face
418117_371364619548661_100000253773284_1344420_1401612056_n.jpg

A really cool (and big) Zangief statue
425555_371364969548626_100000253773284_1344421_1277314751_n.jpg

And a cool M. Bipson statue
424118_371365402881916_100000253773284_1344422_203794483_n.jpg

Valle in the wild taking on all challengers
421769_371365652881891_100000253773284_1344425_1024016507_n.jpg

Maybe the coolest SF art I've seen
422121_371366602881796_100000253773284_1344430_786720048_n.jpg

And probably the first SF art to make me to BAWWWWWWWWW
65772_371366709548452_100000253773284_1344431_1310405191_n.jpg

A blurry scandalous shot of Mega Deadpool flirting with some woman, with J. Tight fleeing the scene.
417039_371367056215084_100000253773284_1344434_882268069_n.jpg

and the one thing I wanted, Seths signature on my urleh copy!
425430_371367282881728_100000253773284_1344435_624041813_n.jpg

If I need to remove some or all of these pictures for any reason please let me know (and sorry for the crappy iphone quality). Fuck im not going to be able to sleep for hours, im too hype.

Looking at the floor while waiting 20 minutes to meet Ono, only to have him troll me by leaving right when I get up to him. It was in a bank and there b gold bars in the floor o_0.
I took a pic of the floor too. Were you one of the first in line? When did you get there? I had fun, although I couldn't stay too long after waiting...my friend was in VIP and was giving me a ride back to weho.

d0c_zaius

Where there any high level matches at the launch party?

when I got there Clockw0rk was playing against Valle who was already on a 28 win streak. He beat Clock 2-0 and left the machine heh.

I was watching him though and they were making a bunch of mistakes. I think I could have actually won a match against them with Abel/Marduk.

I took a pic of the floor too. Were you one of the first in line? When did you get there? I had fun, although I couldn't stay too long after waiting...my friend was in VIP and was giving me a ride back to weho.

I got there shortly after it started, since I walked around randomly in downtown LA for 20 or so minutes looking for the place. When we got there we went straight to the vip zone to get free dranks and watch valle play clock, but after that the vip room was pretty lame actually. James Chen, Sherry and Steve were having some crazy roundtable discussion in the non-vip zone, and then markman showed up and just chilled with them, which then made that room the cool room. I didnt know about the line until too late as they shut it down right when I got to Ono haha. They had a big zone downstairs with a ton of machines and people packed together, and a zone upstairs with 3rd strike, Puzzle Fighter and SF2 HD. There was also this big ass banner of SF timeline that I hope someone got a good picture of.

It was best in the first hour or so, then it got muggy like an arcade

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Lobbies or you practicing?

Probably going to spend a couple of minutes just getting familiar from it and then I'll make a lobby. Going to get top 2 GAF AE players in it and I'm going to try and get Redrapper in my lobby since I see him playing the game.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Probably going to spend a couple of minutes just getting familiar from it and then I'll make a lobby. Going to get top 2 GAF AE players in it and I'm going to try and get Redrapper in my lobby since I see him playing the game.

Should be fun to watch, I'll be there the moment it's up :D

Tizoc

Shidoshi, can you please post the art for your Poison arcade stick please? a friend of mine would like to use it.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Sigh I can't be in this fucking thread..... I hate each and every one of you all who have it.

Hate you.

I got there shortly after it started, since I walked around randomly in downtown LA for 20 or so minutes looking for the place. When we got there we went straight to the vip zone to get free dranks and watch valle play clock, but after that the vip room was pretty lame actually. James Chen, Sherry and Steve were having some crazy roundtable discussion in the non-vip zone, and then markman showed up and just chilled with them, which then made that room the cool room. I didnt know about the line until too late as they shut it down right when I got to Ono haha. They had a big zone downstairs with a ton of machines and people packed together, and a zone upstairs with 3rd strike, Puzzle Fighter and SF2 HD. There was also this big ass banner of SF timeline that I hope someone got a good picture of.

It was best in the first hour or so, then it got muggy like an arcade

Are you press? How did you get in VIP? I was trying to have my friend get me a wristband (plenty were left), but they couldn't. I noticed not a lot of people were really playing.

B00TE

Sigh I can't be in this fucking thread..... I hate each and every one of you all who have it.

Hate you.

This is how I'm feelin', haha.

Nice to see people have streamed, something to watch later while I'm stuck here. Going to go pay off my Special Edition later today and hope the guide is there too. Gonna be salty if they have it but won't give it to me until the 6th. Anyone else get it yet?

AEREC

The wait for this game is painful...not sure why but my hype for this game has essentially exploded for me in the past two weeks...and to think earlier this year I was going to pass on it.

Im getting Mass Effect 3 on the same day but I doubt I will even touch it for a while.

ShinAmano

The wait for this game is painful...not sure why but my hype for this game has essentially exploded for me in the past two weeks...and to think earlier this year I was going to pass on it.

Im getting Mass Effect 3 on the same day but I doubt I will even touch it for a while.

Yeah no clue when I will get to me3...now someone hook me up with sfxt today! I will buy your copy if you get on in my hands today. Richmond VA.

LowParry

Well, I have but one chance today about getting my copy. A few other options but those wouldn't fall until next Monday. Which I don't care for. Meh. I better see some epic streams this weekend. Kadey being one of them.

rCIZZLE

I'll have a chance to do my retail rounds later. Hopefully I can convince some clueless employee that it actually released this week and they need to manually override the system. :eek:

Top Bottom