• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

I was wondering if I should buy sfxt next week or wait later? What do you guys think? I mean the game looks fun and awesome, but I still don't feel like buying it. I guess because I don't have anyone to face in fighting games and to be honest I quit playing fighting like a month or two when I always lose to good players like MvC3. I'm not saying the game sucks, but I'm just having mixed feelings about this game. Any honest opinions?

GorillaJu

Has anyone here got any sweet info on anywhere in Tokyo (or Yokohama/Saitama/Chiba etc) are selling the game early? Feel free to PM if you don't want to disclose publicly.

Going to stop by my local game store today to check but I highly doubt it.

I was wondering if I should buy sfxt next week or wait later? What do you guys think? I mean the game looks fun and awesome, but I still don't feel like buying it. I guess because I don't have anyone to face in fighting games and to be honest I quit playing fighting like a month or two when I always lose to good players like MvC3. I'm not saying the game sucks, but I'm just having mixed feelings about this game.

If anything, you are more likely to lose to good players in SFxT than in MvC3. Scrub-factor lets anyone win, but in SFxT you probably lost because you're worse at the game. Of course, this is based off of all the stuff I've seen on streams and on Cross Assault, but without any huge comeback mechanic (not even Ultras. Pandora doesn't count because you can up-back that thing and stop it, and pandora combos are hard to pull off), it's harder for someone who isn't as good to win.

Sooooooo.....

If anything, you are more likely to lose to good players in SFxT than in MvC3. Scrub-factor lets anyone win, but in SFxT you probably lost because you're worse at the game. Of course, this is based off of all the stuff I've seen on streams and on Cross Assault, but without any huge comeback mechanic (not even Ultras. Pandora doesn't count because you can up-back that thing and stop it, and pandora combos are hard to pull off), it's harder for someone who isn't as good to win.

Sooooooo.....

Well I want to be good but I can't find anyone to play against. Marvel vs Capcom 3 I admit that I really suck at the game even though x-factor is in it, but I'm average in ssf4ae.

Not a chance.

Play against anyone decent and see how far XF alone gets you.

Well, if this is worth anything, at a local tourney I won a 2/3 against a player who made it to finals (we played in casuals and he didn't know I was new to the game). I was on my day 2 of MvC3 and all I knew were Sentinel combos. I won because of XF.

Of course you will get bodied by a better player. I'm just saying that you lose way more easily to scrubs in MvC3 because it only takes 1 mistake to lose an entire bar of life. In games like SFxT, life loss is a result of multiple mistakes.

Riposte

I will agree, UMVC3 is insane. Good players will wipe the floor with you if you are a scrub. You stand no chance if you have no clue what you are doing.

On the bright side if you literally don't know what you are doing you stand a chance to wipe the floor with everyone who isn't a good player.

I will agree, UMVC3 is insane. Good players will wipe the floor with you if you are a scrub. You stand no chance if you have no clue what you are doing.

I was assuming we were talking about people who play the game vs. clearly good people. I.E. people that know how to deal with the things the game involves.

I'm not saying XF lets complete noobs win. MvC3 is a "touch of death" game where a single mistake will cost you a character. SFxT is a game where you must make multiple mistakes in order to lose.

I'm just saying that if you're playing a good player in MvC3 and you manage to land a hit on him, you XF and kill his character. In SFxT you land a hit and take 30% of his life. You have to land 3 more hits in order to win, whereas in MvC3 you've already won

Why do bad players or new/scrub players always jump alot?

Is that why 2D games are more popular than 3D games in the West?

I've always wondered this. Maybe it's visceral.

Dreweyes

Here's my cover art design for SFxT!

Put in the OP? :)

What do you guys think?

aZuF9.png

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/i/?drc2catntsp4aw0

K.Sabot

cuz mario is da bess.

Actually, fighting game single player should just be a sidescrolling platformer like SSBM and SSBB.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
From the stream, holy fuck are these endings bad or what. It's inconceivable that they have something such as pandoras box, where they have free reign to do whatever the fuck with, and then they decide to make every single ending (that I've seen thus far) so that
the box is never opened willingly so effectively it does nothing, and life goes on unaffected.
Like, what the flying fuck? Why would just put that in the story and then
do nothing with what has so much potential
? Why even bother making CG endings when your just gonna do that?

Don't worry so much about it, there are endings where
the box is opened.
:)

I think because it's a way where you can cover distance while throwing out an attack. Holding up-back is a great defensive option, and guess what, it takes 0 skill to do.

Also, jump-forward roundhouse > crouching roundhouse does decent damage and leads to knockdown and is relatively safe if you don't get anti-aired. It works for almost every single character too.

Damage and knockdown or absolute defense option with 0 executional barrier, I guess.

cuz mario is da bess.

Actually, fighting game single player should just be a sidescrolling platformer like SSBM and SSBB.

Better than Tekken 6's scenario campaign mode, heh.

Just make 2D fighters have a a side scrolling brawler mode. Just keep walking right baby.

Nose Master

They move the stick/controller a lot, and 3 of the 8 directions causes a jump. It also probably seems more offensive than just walking forward. It's pretty interesting how jump-in friendly sfxt seems to be.

They move the stick/controller a lot, and 3 of the 8 directions causes a jump. It also probably seems more offensive than just walking forward. It's pretty interesting how jump-in friendly sfxt seems to be.

Relatively weak anti-airs is just going to condone this kind of stuff online.

Time to main marDOOK

Yea, it's gonna be interesting.

It's just I am watching these early streams. So much jumping, haha.

Sometimes I play guys online in AE, they will ALWAYS jump in after getting DP'd or Lariet for 4-6 times. It's interesting/weird.

AAK

Here's my cover art design for SFxT!

Put in the OP? :)

What do you guys think?

http://i.imgur.com/aZuF9.png[IMG]

Download here: [url]http://www.mediafire.com/i/?drc2catntsp4aw0[/url][/QUOTE]

Brilliant artistry... it's just a little too abstract IMO.

d0c_zaius

just got back from the SFxT release party! It was awesome. The highlights:

-told Tasty Steve that he was GAFs favorite cast member and we were all cheering for him. He is a really nice guy and genuinely appreciated it!

-told James Chen that I grew up reading his FAQs, and he asked me if I used them to go to sleep. I told him he started it all heh.

- Screamed SHERRY and she gave me this "not you cannot" face then reluctantly gave me a high-5

-told Clockw0rk thanks for making strategy guide relevant again. He says the SFxT should hold up the standard well.

-got S.Kill to sign my urleh copy and told him we are both old men playing fighting games and he chuckled. A really cool guy.

-Got to hang out with J Tight and Skydiddy from the Tester and got to hear how they did their SFxT episode. They are really cool guys and super friendly. Skydiddy asked to be a boss in the Last of Us haha, then started to act like a monster.

Also I was wondering if people would be interested in seeing the pictures I took. I have about 10 but I dont want to spam the topic if people arent interested.

Also out of all the matches I played, only one person knew how to play the game. Valle left the machine after a 30 win streak lol.

and how can I forget that last minute Markman GAF shoutout! Sorry if it seemed like I was stalking your corner, I just didnt want to interrupt any conversations like a jerk heh.

mollipen

just got back from the SFxT release party! It was awesome. The highlights:

-got S.Kill to sign my urleh copy and told him we are both old men playing fighting games and he chuckled. A really cool guy.

I took my PS3 copy and a silver pen with the intention of getting it signed, but then totally spaced on it when both talking to Ono and Seth.

I did, however, get this.

onoxpoisonstick.jpg

d0c_zaius

I took my PS3 copy and a silver pen with the intention of getting it signed, but then totally spaced on it when both talking to Ono and Seth.

I did, however, get this.

onoxpoisonstick.jpg

oh wow that was you with the stick? I should have totally said wassup for me and Andrew C.

We waited in line for Ono and like a master troll, he stopped signing stuff right when I got there. But I got a picture of him with dat Ono face.

Top Bottom