• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Morris

Disco Devil
glowing-mr-burns.jpg

Thanks Capcom.

Sayah

Any specific ports anyone can list that I should be forwarding for this game? I figured how to add them through the router finally.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Every single one of my win streak games have been timeouts.

I think I may go 360 next session. Lag and connection overall is horrible today, at it's worst.

Tirael

Bought:

Rolento
Abel
Steve
King

alts.

King alt....soooo gooood.

Both of King's alts are amazing, and I'm not even a King fan.

And I'm honestly very surprised how many of the alts are amazing. There are a couple that are just weird, but most serve some sort of purpose.

(I swear, if Paul's alt didn't make his hair taller, it'd be more than a joke costume, especially with color editing.)

Sayah

Messing with firewall settings made everything even worse. Couldn't join lobbies and got intermittent online connection errors. Just reset the router to default settings. Guess I'll just never be able to connect with certain people in the lobbies. :(

What exactly can we do with the firewall settings to make things work better? I searched online and it said port forwarding. Any specific numbers I should be port forwarding?

Edit: Well, I found this. Not sure how helpful problem #3 solutions will be. If that doesn't fix it, then that online update better make things work.

SUPARSTARX

I lost to a lot of Hugos this week. Can't get past that armor in certain situations. It's too good against my full Tekken team of Law and Nina. But I'm determined to take my team as far as I can with all the new stuff being discovered in the game.

sleepykyo

Messing with firewall settings made everything even worse. Couldn't join lobbies and got intermittent online connection errors. Just reset the router to default settings. Guess I'll just never be able to connect with certain people in the lobbies. :(

What exactly can we do with the firewall settings to make things work better? I searched online and it said port forwarding. Any specific numbers I should be port forwarding?

Edit: Well, I found this. Not sure how helpful problem #3 solutions will be. If that doesn't fix it, then that online update better make things work.

Evidently I can't connect to God's Beard. :/

Nyx

SFxT SE : 51 euros
Bradygames Guide : 15 euros
Complete Swap Costume Pack : 24 euros
Losing 19 out of 20 online games : Priceless

I suck…

GorillaJu

I won a ranked game. Oh my gawd. I now have 50bp. I can't believe it. The world is coming to an end. Will I ever reach D+ ranking? Only the fates know.

My Ryu is so useless. Seriously does nothing for me, it's basically just a way to stall them so my main can get some HP regen'd.

I don't even like using such an obvious character but I can't for the life of me figure out a good partner for Lili. I'm too picky about who I play apparently.

Nyx

I lost 19/20 games online and now I have 3000 BP. Don't sweat it

Well it seems I just can’t get into this game, in (S)SF4 I started winning games after the initial loss-streak, but in this game it seems I don’t stand a chance against most players.
It also doesn’t help that I still can’t decide on 2 mains, I have been using Kuma, Xiayou, Lili and Asuka mostly, but with none of these chars I feel like I really know what I’m doing besides a few specials and the lp/mp/hp combo.

Decided to buy the guide because of this, but man that seems like rocket science to me at the moment, all those combo’s seem way too hard to remember and pull off consistently.

In (S)SF4 I started winning games with Rose (and later C.Viper) just before I got too frustrated and it helped as I’ve spent hundreds of hours in those games.
Probably played SFxT for around 15 hours now, and the frustration is already growing bigger and bigger.

Oh well, guess I just need to practice more instead of ranting about it online. ;)

Well it seems I just can’t get into this game, in (S)SF4 I started winning games after the initial loss-streak, but in this game it seems I don’t stand a chance against most players.
It also doesn’t help that I still can’t decide on 2 mains, I have been using Kuma, Xiayou, Lili and Asuka mostly, but with none of these chars I feel like I really know what I’m doing besides a few specials and the lp/mp/hp combo.

Decided to buy the guide because of this, but man that seems like rocket science to me at the moment, all those combo’s seem way too hard to remember and pull off consistently.

In (S)SF4 I started winning games with Rose (and later C.Viper) just before I got too frustrated and it helped as I’ve spent hundreds of hours in those games.
Probably played SFxT for around 15 hours now, and the frustration is already growing bigger and bigger.

Oh well, guess I just need to practice more instead of ranting about it online. ;)

Bro just stop sucking.

Like any fighter, get at least 1 bnb down for each of you characters. Make sure that you tag to recover health. That's huge in this game. The game will click eventually like it did with ssf4.

Tizoc

All of hentai gaf? ;)

#bibleblack4lyfe

Tch, Bible Black is so for virgins.

Also We in Community w00t~
Anyone got a list of what DLC is released for the game? Is Steve's alt. available? That's the only one I wanna get single, the rest I'll wait for a price drop on.

Nyx

Bro just stop sucking.

Like any fighter, get at least 1 bnb down for each of you characters. Make sure that you tag to recover health. That's huge in this game. The game will click eventually like it did with ssf4.

I want to, I really want to. ;-(

I already tag to recover health, I think my main problem (besides not knowing a few chars by heart ofc) is withstanding pressure online.

It always seems that opponents let loose all kinds of mayhem on me fast, and I can’t get out of it.

But yeah, I just need to practice more, that’s the only way….

V_Arnold

Last day I forced myself to try and learn EGWF or what was it called with Kazuya.
That day, it started kinda clicking for me, but I could only do 3-4 out of 40-5 tries.

But by now, I am able to do 6-7 in a row sometimes, which feels so amazing that I do not even know what is happening to my body. I am able to do it 30-40% of the time compared to that 5-6% last day. So amazing.

Still training mode, so I imagine it will be weeks if not months before I incorporate this style in live matches, but still... feels good.

GorillaJu

For me the trick for EWGFs has always been that I have a tendency to circle hte stick all the way to the downback position. With SF's easy inputs this is tolerated, but not for the EWGF. Loosening up my wrist, and using the stick more lightly has made a big difference for me.

Aedile

You say you're playing Tekken characters. Why not play SF characters instead? The way Tekken characters operate can take some getting used to, while SF characters should be far more familiar to someone with an SF background. And if you're having trouble dealing with high-low mixups or determining what pressure is punishable and what isn't, there's no shame in slapping on some autoblock gems until you have it figured out. That's why they exist.

SUPARSTARX

Last day I forced myself to try and learn EGWF or what was it called with Kazuya.
That day, it started kinda clicking for me, but I could only do 3-4 out of 40-5 tries.

But by now, I am able to do 6-7 in a row sometimes, which feels so amazing that I do not even know what is happening to my body. I am able to do it 30-40% of the time compared to that 5-6% last day. So amazing.

Still training mode, so I imagine it will be weeks if not months before I incorporate this style in live matches, but still... feels good.

I can do a few more raw ones now. The problem lies with when I sync my plinking with d/b when I am at the apex of the joystick swing. Feels good when it comes out..... DORRRIIIIIIIIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nyx

You say you're playing Tekken characters. Why not play SF characters instead? The way Tekken characters operate can take some getting used to, while SF characters should be far more familiar to someone with an SF background.

Well I also played the Tekken games regularly, especially Tekken Tag Tournament, so it's not like I don't know them at all, but you might have a point though and I will try and find at least two SF chars to play with.

It's a shame Rose is not here as she was a pretty easy character to learn.

And if you're having trouble dealing with high-low mixups or determining what pressure is punishable and what isn't, there's no shame in slapping on some autoblock gems until you have it figured out. That's why they exist.

True, why didn't I think of this myself. :D

Any specific ports anyone can list that I should be forwarding for this game? I figured how to add them through the router finally.
for 360 or ps3?

in either case its better to just dmz it, but psn uses the following ports:
http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/connecttest.html said:
TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3479, 3480, 5223, 8080 and UDP: 3478, 3479.

not sure if sfxt uses any additional ports (probably unlikely).

also, its important to set up your ps3 to have a static ip.

zlatko

Banned
For me the trick for EWGFs has always been that I have a tendency to circle hte stick all the way to the downback position. With SF's easy inputs this is tolerated, but not for the EWGF. Loosening up my wrist, and using the stick more lightly has made a big difference for me.

I can always land the first one in a sequence off a low forward or crouching fierce/stand fierce. The ones after are where I have trouble getting them to come out, although I have landed 3 in a row before for the big combo.

Mr. Naps ain't got shit on me!

zlatko

Banned
User auto block online to learn high low moves you're not aware of. No shame.

I just can't stomach using those gems online honestly. I know there's a risk/reward factor since you lose meter if it does it for you, but I'd probably get lazy about reactions and proper blocking on my own by using auto block.

neos

I'm in for the next hour, someone wants to face my poor dhalsim\yoshimitsu?i'm in EU zone
Is there a gaf room? If so,someone pleas eadd me (psn:blindzoom)

SUPARSTARX

I just can't stomach using those gems online honestly. I know there's a risk/reward factor since you lose meter if it does it for you, but I'd probably get lazy about reactions and proper blocking on my own by using auto block.

As long as you're mindful about it. I don't care about the wins I get off if they proc but the ones I get wrecked in I go back and look and learn.

Top Bottom