• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

zlatko

Banned
At least they are selling individual costumes for $1. I'd rather that than $3-4 packs with costumes I don't care for.

It's 1 buck per character? How many MSoft points? I got like 396 lying around, and was just going to scoop up King, Rolento, and maybe Abel's.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I don't get that, I get that they are offering costumes for each of the roster like they always have.

They did the same thing for SF4, MVC3, pretty much every game released recently.

Nope per pack, 13.50 for capcom side and 13.50 for street fighter side.

Capcom releases costumes only in packs: "They're taking advantage of players by not letting them buy only the costumes they want."

Capcom releases costumes individually: "They're taking advantage of players by releasing too much individual DLC."

ShinAmano

Capcom releases costumes only in packs: "They're taking advantage of players by not letting them buy only the costumes they want."

Capcom releases costumes individually: "They're taking advantage of players by releasing too much individual DLC."

How about...a quarter (20msp) or 50 cents (40msp) for an outfit and $10-$15 for all of them?

$1 individual is ok but that it a high price if you want a bunch of them (just like $27 is high if you want all of them).

Moofers

So where are all of you from that you're getting the costume packs? I just checked US PSN and there's nothing there except the PacMan/Mega unlock. Loaded up the game and the store is completely empty as well.

$70 (Special Edition)
$20 (Guidebook)
$27 (Swap Costumes)
$20 (12 characters)
$27? (Alternate Costumes)

Having working sound online: Priceless :(

or if you're smart - $30 used on amazon warehouse + $20 for 12 characters + free balance patches + free guides online without errors in framedata and better advice

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
or if you're smart - $30 used on amazon warehouse + $20 for 12 characters + free balance patches + free guides online without errors in framedata and better advice

I'll admit I got the special edition for $40 thanks to unused Amazon discounts, so "come at me DLC character bros".

So where are all of you from that you're getting the costume packs? I just checked US PSN and there's nothing there except the PacMan/Mega unlock. Loaded up the game and the store is completely empty as well.
xbox? i think psn users will have to wait until whenever grace chen decides to roll out the weekly update.

ken masters said:
really like all the costumes, how much all this going to cost?
$1 per costume. supposedly there will be bundle packs that will be sold at discount at a later date?

xbox? i think psn users will have to wait until whenever grace chen decides to roll out the weekly update.

$1 per costume. supposedly there will be bundle packs that will be sold at discount at a later date?

so xbox get costumes first
ps3 gets couch co op
vita get dlc characters

lol

oh crapcom

$_$

brian

It's a shame there were no alternate costumes included with the game. I think the costume pricing is a bit less outrageous than SF4 because you can pick and choose which ones you want rather than having to buy bundles. BUUUT, I think it would have been nice to have a free alternate that came with the game.

RS4-

Some of them are really cool and clever...
The third set of costumes is...? Alternate outfits yet to be released?
Unreleased. But its still on the disc. They're still missing another 30 it 40 colors I believe. Not sure if the custom combo stuff will be free dlc as well.

Who knows what they'll charge for the other set of alts

DR2K

Banned
So I can see the god damn colors, but I can't use them? This is the most anti-consumer game in the history of video games, lol. Why on earth is there an unlock code for free time released content?

Grace Chen works for Sony that isn't reference to her ponying up for costumer exclusivity. It's about the Playstation store updating anywhere between 3pm-9pm Pacific Time.
yup yups. psn gets updates every tuesday for north american users (other regions are on different days i think). theres usually even a gaf thread every week for it. just keep checking this page to see when the update goes live: http://blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-store/

Venfayth

So I can see the god damn colors, but I can't use them? This is the most anti-consumer game in the history of video games, lol. Why on earth is there an unlock code for free time released content?

So that you can go to the store to see other stuff there! :D!:!D:LKLfasfjdkl

Grace Chen works for Sony that isn'ta reference to her ponying up for costume exclusivity. It's about the Playstation store updating anywhere between 3pm-9pm Pacific Time.

im sorry, i wasn't implying that thats what happened, just saying its funny how things turn out.

Im sure microsoft didnt pay anyone anything for anything exclusive regarding sfxt

Venfayth

Abel's 2nd alt, Dhalsim's 1st alt, Guile's 1st alt, Guy's 2nd alt, King's 2nd alt and Ogre's 2nd alt are super awesome.

I really really really really really really really want Xiao's 2nd alt :( :(

Also, Juri's 1st alt didn't really appeal to me at all, but with custom coloring I think it's pretty badass.

vg260

What's funny is that when people were totaling up the potential cost of the game it doesn't consider that the 12 new characters will probably have new, separate alt packs, so it'll be even more.

Fortunately a lot of these are hideous. I wish the Super outfits carried over somehow.

The time-release colors thing is really stupid.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Colors aren't even good in the first place. Capcom is the only company I know who can give you a goddamn color edit and not even give you the basic of colors. Crayola people! Goddamn!

V_Arnold

Bought a bunch of costumes.

-Ibuki: No comment, just plain uninpiring.
-Lili: Gawdlike. She looks so amazing cosplaying as poision. Charming, yet not slutty.
-Kazuya: Wow, what a nice twist. Lost the half-nakedness, gained some respect.
-Jin: Hm..my main in SSFIV/SFIV was Viper. I Guess this is a sign after all. Gotta learn dem BnB's! :D (10/10 costume!)
-Juri: Wow, she kept some of her remaining dignity and managed to look classy after all..
-Xiayou: DEAR LORD IN HEAVENS. Ungh. (11/10 : D)

zlatko

Banned

-Lili: Gawdlike. She looks so amazing cosplaying as poision. Charming, yet not slutty.
-Jin: Hm..my main in SSFIV/SFIV was Viper. I Guess this is a sign after all. Gotta learn dem BnB's! :D (10/10 costume!)
-Juri: Wow, she kept some of her remaining dignity and managed to look classy after all..

I find your lack of love for King Alex disturbing.

Now you could land his super on people and yell HYPAAAA BOMB over the headset and they understand better what you mean.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Someone likes staring at xiayou's ass

Venfayth

Yeah I really don't like her alt 2 because it just makes her look slutty.

I mean, she probably is slutty, but I like how her alt 1 turned out. Especially with custom colors.

Top Bottom