• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

zlatko

Banned
How long do we have to wait to start begging for buffs? :(

I just want Paul, King, Bob, and Yoshi to get some buffage because they are genuinely the ones I have the most interest in playing with my Kazuya instead of my Rolento.

Tirael

I just want Paul, King, Bob, and Yoshi to get some buffage because they are genuinely the ones I have the most interest in playing with my Kazuya instead of my Rolento.

Yes, it certainly wouldn't kill them to add a bit more utility to Paul's moves, or SOMETHING. All I know is I'm determined to use him in the local tournament coming up. I can't wait till I get on that big screen and go all

PAAAAAAUUUUUUUUL PHOEEEEEEENIIIIIIIIX

zlatko

Banned
Yes, it certainly wouldn't kill them to add a bit more utility to Paul's moves, or SOMETHING. All I know is I'm determined to use him in the local tournament coming up. I can't wait till I get on that big screen and go all

PAAAAAAUUUUUUUUL PHOEEEEEEENIIIIIIIIX

Juicebox dance anytime you land his super. OSU! Arm flex at your opponent.

If you win a round, yell just like he does gorrilla style.

Win the match? KNOW THAT I'M THE TOP FIGHTER, IN THE UNIVERSE!

So with Steve's swap
I accidentally wrote swag first
costume, is there anyway to change the color of his lens' on his glasses? His second normal costume has Blue Frames and I want that on my Custom but I can't find the option :(

Is anyone going to be at PAX East this weekend who can show me the ropes of this game? I am getting schooled so hard online it's not even funny. I am about ready to write of this game in frustration, as I simply can't figure it out.

Could be my Vega/Hwoarang team, too, but I'm eager to make some new friends at PAX, too! :D

LakeEarth

I'm not so sure on Bob. I've faced a really sick on the other day. Probably just character unfamiliarity, but at the time he seemed impressive.

I've put time into Paul and King. Paul needs an overhaul. He needs to be faster, if those are the tools they are going to give him. I actually like King, and would only ask for a bit more range on normals, and maybe a bit quicker startup on that powerbomb so it can be used as an antiair.

zlatko

Banned
I'm not so sure on Bob. I've faced a really sick on the other day. Probably just character unfamiliarity, but at the time he seemed impressive.

I've put time into Paul and King. Paul needs an overhaul. He needs to be faster, if those are the tools they are going to give him. I actually like King, and would only ask for a bit more range on normals, and maybe a bit quicker startup on that powerbomb so it can be used as an antiair.

Paul needs a lot, Yoshi needs hit box improvements, normal improvements, damage improvements, and walk speed too. Bob I too am iffy on, he's got solid stuff but his best combos just scale super quickly, and he is an okay battery, but shitty at spending meter really. If his 6 loop was more practical at the loss of some damage maybe, then he'd be a bigger threat in more hands, but as is I can only see a pro level player getting mileage out of him, and even then it's hard to tell how well he'd do against pro players playing established great characters like Kazuya.

As for King I have a few requests:

Faster shoulder check start up
One universal command grab
His anti air leg snap would also work on cross up attempts
Make his forward + MPx3 have a faster third hit come out
Faster start up/more invincibility on the turnaround move. Also, is the Lariat version safe? If not it should be. The over head one should be faster coming out, and the low one should be cancellable into ex convict kick and not knock down so he can maintain pressure.
Make his unblockable splash faster by a lot. Move is useless as is. Or maybe let it be used as a combo ender?
Oh and his ground leg snap should also work against low pokes, but maybe leave him with longer recovery so he can't just spam it.

I think that covers King.

NeoUltima

Sigh...ever since the DLC came out yesterday, the game has been borderline unplayable online because of the lag. Servers getting hammered or something.

hertog

why is everyone online so fucking good?
Every jab they hit me with I lose 500+ hp :(

I went from 2500+ bp to almost 1000 in a couple of days. Everyone and their granny is murdering me online. I mean wtf?

I used to win about 80% of my matches online with street fighter 4, but this game :(

zlatko

Banned
why is everyone online so fucking good?
Every jab they hit me with I lose 500+ hp :(

I went from 2500+ bp to almost 1000 in a couple of days. Everyone and their granny is murdering me online. I mean wtf?

I used to win about 80% of my matches online with street fighter 4, but this game :(

DURRRRIYAAAAAAAA~!

although throws offline are easily teched, apparently they're super effective online.

i won a round exclusively with tick throws and empty jump throws with guile.

zlatko

Banned
although throws offline are easily teched, apparently they're super effective online.

i won a round exclusively with tick throws and empty jump throws with guile.

Tick throws are a monster in this game, because option select throw just isn't consistent and so a lot of people will try to use it due to SF4 muscle memory, when really they need to just do it on reaction.

So with Steve's swap
I accidentally wrote swag first
costume, is there anyway to change the color of his lens' on his glasses? His second normal costume has Blue Frames and I want that on my Custom but I can't find the option :(

Yeah, I was wondering this too. Luckily Travis Touchdown also has yellow lenses, so I was able to fulfill that portion of my custom edit. B|

Onemic

Been thinking about getting the HORI V3 fighting stick, but it seems like its price has gone up quite a bit in the past year from 59.99 to 89.99. Anyone know why this is and if a similar quality product has come out that is advertised around the original price point? Or am I just stuck with getting it at a higher price?

impact

Banned
Been thinking about getting the HORI V3 fighting stick, but it seems like its price has gone up quite a bit in the past year from 59.99 to 89.99. Anyone know why this is and if a similar quality product has come out that is advertised around the original price point? Or am I just stuck with getting it at a higher price?

get a TE or Qanba man, those cheap HORIs are shit

laaame

I don't have nearly enough money to be spending $140+ on a stick. The absolute most I can spend is 89 on the v3 and that's pushing it with my budget.

A cheap option you could try is looking on Ebay for a Mad Catz TE. The price usually ends around $75-100, if you ignore the people who try to inflate the prices. I personally can't speak on the quality of the stick's condition but I hear they are usually good.

impact

Banned
There's no chance in hell it's better than a TE. I had the 360 version as my first stick and really regretted it. All the parts are shitty and it takes a lot of damn effort to swap in good parts. Plus for the price + good buttons/JLF you could basically get a good stick.

Onemic

There's no chance in hell it's better than a TE. I had the 360 version as my first stick and really regretted it. All the parts are shitty and it takes a lot of damn effort to swap in good parts. Plus for the price + good buttons/JLF you could basically get a good stick.

Aren't the PS3 and 360 versions different? The PS3 version is the one I always see recommended. The 360 version is the VX.

Steve's counter has slowly got more uses since Day 1.

Counter, Switch Cancel and the worlds your oyster

J.mk crosses up on Kaz in the corner with Steve.

Shenanigans will be had

Onemic

Well I managed to find a SFIVTE on craigslist for $100. No external dmg and its supposed to be like new. Would you say it's worth it?

I've decided I have a love/hate relationship with this game. I spend hours loving it while I training and think I'm getting good. Then I go online and hate it because apparently I still suck.

Woo!

I've been there, and I'm still there. :lol

Yeah. I'm probably going to put together a lobby for noobs/scrubs on the 360 tomorrow or something just to train and stuff.

Just watched a replay on the replay channel of a guy playing a Lars/Elena team. Good to know Capcom is really cracking down on those hackers!

Tizoc

It's too early for buffs and nerfs, let the game breath for some more months.

Also
FUCK'S SAKE WHO THE FUCK IS THE RETARDED MORON WHO OKED FREE DLC COLORS?!!? JUST GIVE US ALL THE COLORS AL-FUCKING-READY

Seriously I made just made some characters look like the friggin' Hulk...

It's too early for buffs and nerfs, let the game breath for some more months.

Also
FUCK'S SAKE WHO THE FUCK IS THE RETARDED MORON WHO OKED FREE DLC COLORS?!!? JUST GIVE US ALL THE COLORS AL-FUCKING-READY

Seriously I made just made some characters look like the friggin' Hulk...

The colors are a real disappointment. I was all amped up to make a black Lili!

Tizoc

^We only got 4 colors...and they're NEON GLOWING.
Color edit mode needs to have a good set of colors for customization even if they want to make them free dlc, the initial available colors need to allow the player to make interesting (to the player at least) color pallete.

So what do you guys think of the Gem system, 1-month-ish so far into the game?

Top Bottom