• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

sleepykyo

To be determined by the poster.

I don't like the degree of damage scaling in this game at all. Either cut juggles short or make them do the damage they deserve.

Use fewer jabs in the combo and switch to 2 hit mid confirms.

I'm not sure how 400-500 off a stock is considered low.

Keep Marvel as the game where lp lead to massive damage.

edit: ie. I disagree that the scaling is an issue.

Probably just take out the infinites and switch the clock to Marvel seconds.

GorillaJu

^We only got 4 colors...and they're NEON GLOWING.
Color edit mode needs to have a good set of colors for customization even if they want to make them free dlc, the initial available colors need to allow the player to make interesting (to the player at least) color pallete.

So what do you guys think of the Gem system, 1-month-ish so far into the game?

I downloaded 3 color sets in total... or were two of those old?

Use fewer jabs in the combo and switch to 2 hit mid confirms.

I'm not sure how 400-500 off a stock is considered low.

Keep Marvel as the game where lp lead to massive damage.

edit: ie. I disagree that the scaling is an issue.

Probably just take out the infinites and switch the clock to Marvel seconds.

In marvel, there are no rounds.

I'm not okay with a game of SFxT being 3 games of marvel in length.

Sayah

^We only got 4 colors...and they're NEON GLOWING.
Color edit mode needs to have a good set of colors for customization even if they want to make them free dlc, the initial available colors need to allow the player to make interesting (to the player at least) color pallete.

So what do you guys think of the Gem system, 1-month-ish so far into the game?

I don't even pay attention to the gems. Just assigned random gems to my characters as well.

I also despise the new colors. Why in the world would they develop neon colors? It becomes absolute worse when the whole character is in neon coloring and a gem activates. It's like, WTF am I looking at? Thanks for blinding me SF team. Keep up the good trolling.

Dry_Bones

Weird thing that happened to me yesterday after downloading the extra colors and preset combos ...

I was trying to complete King's trials and I was stuck at the last one ( 20 ) .. I left my stick for a while and went to get something to drink .. When I got back, I saw one of those Dan tips on the screen similar to the ones on the tutorial ..

What it basically said was that I could complete the trial "easily" because that exact same combo is the same as King's preset combo no.5 ... So I went to the preset combos, chosen the 5th preset combo and indeed I managed to finish the trial just by pressing lp+hk ..

Does anyone else find this as odd as I do ?? Preset combos are OK in my mind during matches but why did Capcom choose to make them available in the trial mode .. These are supposed to be "execution trials" after all :p

GorillaJu

Here are my color options on Japan version. There were three free color packs in the PSN store:

KwBXN.jpg

Nyx

Here are my color options on Japan version. There were three free color packs in the PSN store:

I got them all in the EU version.

Played a bit last night to train some more, I got one BnB down with Kuma (st.LP, <- MP, <v> LP, LP) and will definitely use him as I really like the bear!

But I think I need a new 2nd char, as Xiayou seems to technical for me with the different stances...

So, anyone have a suggestion on a not too technical teammate for Kuma ? Heihachi maybe ? Or a SF char ?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Sold my copy since I'll be moving soon and will just rebuy it there. /sadface

But popped in my copy of AE and noticed my footsie/patience skills went through the roof after playing SFxT for the past month. Beat every B/A rank Japanese player I came across (but some how lost to D/Cs) So good.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Sounds like Daigo doesn't have much interest in this game.

Air said:
Fyi ppl, daigo has not been playing sfxt. Only been playing ae @ the arcade all day everydayyyyyyy twice a dayyy on saturdayyyyy o yes!

Got jabbed out by a Raven last night. Guessing I need to go in with some good pokes and some mix ups?

Also.. I know 'they're costumes' and all, but after the awful SFIV ones, some of them are pretty good. King Cammy? Hngg.

zlatko

Banned
CrazyDogg

I'll train ya a bit if you want. Let's me play my shittier characters too and enjoy them more.

My GT is Outlaw Slevin. Add me, and msg saying you're from GAF. I'm usually headsetless, but I can message you after 5-10 games we play, and tell you what I think you can work on, then tell you which matches in particular you should watch in your replays for examples of that.

Edit: I won't be on until like 8 hours from nwo though. On that work grind.

CrazyDogg

I'll train ya a bit if you want. Let's me play my shittier characters too and enjoy them more.

My GT is Outlaw Slevin. Add me, and msg saying you're from GAF. I'm usually headsetless, but I can message you after 5-10 games we play, and tell you what I think you can work on, then tell you which matches in particular you should watch in your replays for examples of that.

Edit: I won't be on until like 8 hours from nwo though. On that work grind.

Sounds good to me.

You can buy individual costumes (80MSP/$1) or packs for the SF or TK side (1040MSP/$13.50).

Yeah but does the pack have both alts for each character or just one? Each character has two alts on the disc and I'm wondering if they are both in the pack or if there is going to be a second pack for the second alts later?

USD

Yeah but does the pack have both alts for each character or just one? Each character has two alts on the disc and I'm wondering if they are both in the pack or if there is going to be a second pack for the second alts later?

Oh that's what you meant, sorry. The second set of alts is yet to be released.

A few things...

1. I've begun to realize that I can't perform execution wise when I'm on the left of the screen (player 1). Any suggestions?

2. Is there a Kadey equivalent on the xbox side since most of those streams are ps3? I don't stream but I don't mind doing a weekly lobby thing set at a specific time (I'm on the East Coast).

3. Someone had mentioned looking for people to meet at PAX East or something, I'll be there. I don't think I'm any good but my friends say I'm decent and we all played sf4 religiously since vanilla (just to give you an idea that we're just a bunch of scrubs).

zlatko

Banned
One of the things I REALLY like about King:

His far standing light kick is actually a low hit. ;D

Oh and that if you do a charge QCB + P, then cancel, then fish for a shoulder check, you get the counter hit for a wall bounce for a free knee combo. I know people already know that you get the counter hit property on next move/normal you put out hit or whiff after a charged up move, but it's especially important for King since that shoulder check is becoming a big part of his game for me.

Myomoto

One of the things I REALLY like about King:

His far standing light kick is actually a low hit. ;D

Oh and that if you do a charge QCB + P, then cancel, then fish for a shoulder check, you get the counter hit for a wall bounce for a free knee combo. I know people already know that you get the counter hit property on next move/normal you put out hit or whiff after a charged up move, but it's especially important for King since that shoulder check is becoming a big part of his game for me.

I wish the input wasn't to awkward on pad, although I guess I could remap the all three kicks button (both my character's supers use all three punches) to help with that...

zlatko

Banned
I wish the input wasn't to awkward on pad, although I guess I could remap the all three kicks button (both my character's supers use all three punches) to help with that...

Time to support dat MarkMan and buy a TE from their site! :D

Never regretted my purchase from them. As far as arcade stick goes they are worth every red cent, and a great motivator to get better at fighters since you pony up the dough to do so. ;)

Shouta

I got my PS2 to PS3 and PS2 to Xbox adapters today and I whipped out my old Original PSX controller (the one without analog sticks) and tried it out, working perfectly on the PS3. This was my favorite controller for fighting games for years and it's great to be able to use it again.

300px-PSX-Original-Controller.jpg

That guy (but in black) for folks that don't remember!

Got my first hate mail in this game today: "You fight like a bitch".
Call Kotaku!

lol i got the same message one time from some guy who said guile is a bitch and i would "lose in close combat" or something. said im a bitch for picking guile too because i dont participate in "real" fighting. dude was mad salty, and i even tried to explain the concept of zoning, blocking and not jumping and he called me trash for using a top character or something. i should go back and re-read them messages.

also, wtf ryu. like there's nothing unsafe on block for him.

lol i got the same message one time from some guy who said guile is a bitch and i would "lose in close combat" or something. said im a bitch for picking guile too because i dont participate in "real" fighting. dude was mad salty, and i even tried to explain the concept of zoning, blocking and not jumping and he called me trash for using a top character or something. i should go back and re-read them messages.

If you powerstance his fireball (with jin) you can cancel the powerstance and go into special step for a free hit before ryu recovers.

Thats with any projectile and distance does play a factor.

impact

Banned
I tried pad the other day and I just couldn't do it. Only been 3 months or so since I got my eightarc and it's such a huge improvement. I can't imagine playing another fighting game on pad unless there's a new MK or something. Eightarc Fusion is just too godlike.

Myomoto

Time to support dat MarkMan and buy a TE from their site! :D

Never regretted my purchase from them. As far as arcade stick goes they are worth every red cent, and a great motivator to get better at fighters since you pony up the dough to do so. ;)

But I fear change, just remapping buttons on a pad is a big step for me :'(

Ryu is straight up retarded in this game, almost SF4 Sagat levels of retarded.

Tirael

I tried pad the other day and I just couldn't do it. Only been 3 months or so since I got my eightarc and it's such a huge improvement. I can't imagine playing another fighting game on pad unless there's a new MK or something. Eightarc Fusion is just too godlike.

I've never played stick. I play SFxTK on pad and HK and HP mapped to the triggers annoys the crap out of me. It's different in Marvel where it's dash or meant for supers or something, but it being your heavy attacks, you use them in sequence with other buttons.

Oh, I've considered using Ryu on my team, but dropping Paul and making Kazuya and Ryu partners would leave a very bitter taste in my mouth. I'm not going to use the most vanilla team in the ENTIRE GAME.

zlatko

Banned
Sounds good to me.

Sorry we couldn't get games in man. You were busy, then I invited you and you d/ced or got off, so I went to do kof with a buddy, then you got back on but we were still hitting up KoF, and then I did T6 to wrap up the night.

:( Let's try again this weekend. ;)

I got my PS2 to PS3 and PS2 to Xbox adapters today and I whipped out my old Original PSX controller (the one without analog sticks) and tried it out, working perfectly on the PS3. This was my favorite controller for fighting games for years and it's great to be able to use it again.

300px-PSX-Original-Controller.jpg

That guy (but in black) for folks that don't remember!

PS1 Digital Pad is more popular than I thought. I saw one on a stream the other day.

Man, Ibuki's loops have no reward.

jRH, cFP SJC HK Spin Kicks, LP, MK xx EX Upkicks, jRH, cFP SJC HK Spin Kicks, LP, MK xx MK Spin Kicks, Raida

456 damage 1 bar, 2 1-frame jab links, 2 super jump cancels

vs

jRH, MP, MK xx EX Upkicks, jRH, cMP xx MK Spin Kicks, Raida

428 damage 1 bar, no hard links

hertog

That's why I stopped playing ranked battles.
Everyone uses Ryu, it's frustrating and boring. If people don't care about their precious BP they actually use interesting characters instead of shoto's all the fucking time.

Where are your balls fellow players? All the teams I face in ranked consist of these characters:

Ryu, Ken, Rolento, Akuma, Hugo and zangief on the SF side and Kazuya, Heihachi, Hwoarang and Raven for the tekken side.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Everyone uses Ryu, it's frustrating and boring. If people don't care about their precious BP they actually use interesting characters instead of shoto's all the fucking time.

Where are your balls fellow players? All the teams I face in ranked consist of these characters:

Ryu, Ken, Rolento, Akuma, Hugo and zangief on the SF side and Kazuya, Heihachi, Hwoarang and Raven for the tekken side.

Ranked has a ton of wanna be tourney players. What do you expect. Of course they are gonna hug the known "good" characters balls. Rufus is kinda common as well

"Why no one use bad characters? Goddamn"

hertog

Ow wow, I had such an awesome combo.

jump-in into launchercombo with king, cr. mp cr. mp ex-flashkick with guile, tag-in with king, knee, knee, knee, knee, running powerbomb.

Damage scaled to hell but so flashy :)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Netplay has actually gotten worse since the dlc. Which I say is a huge part in people getting mad about this game quickly. It can't he helped. It's a shame because it's a fun game, especially 2 on whatever.

Top Bottom