• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Silver_key

Neo Member
That's why I stopped playing ranked battles.
Everyone uses Ryu, it's frustrating and boring. If people don't care about their precious BP they actually use interesting characters instead of shoto's all the fucking time.

Where are your balls fellow players? All the teams I face in ranked consist of these characters:

Ryu, Ken, Rolento, Akuma, Hugo and zangief on the SF side and Kazuya, Heihachi, Hwoarang and Raven for the tekken side.

Sagat/Law since day 1. Cody can't come out soon enough though.

I don't know what happened with the netplay on XBL though. The conspirary theorist in me wants to say that the netcode was switched from rollback to raw. A better idea is that the store is constantly trying to update and/or confirm purchased items. Reality probably is that XBL is ass this week.

hertog

Sagat/Law since day 1. Cody can't come out soon enough though.

I can't wait for Blanka. I really miss lightening and up-balls for AA.

Speaking of which, who got the best AA in the game?
I'd guess Ogre or Zangief since they're pretty much cross-up proof.

I can't wait for Blanka. I really miss lightening and up-balls for AA.

Speaking of which, who got the best AA in the game?
I'd guess Ogre or Zangief since they're pretty much cross-up proof.

I dunno bout Ogre, but Gief's is worse than its SF4 counterpart. It doesn't hit behind him after start up.

zlatko

Banned
That's why I stopped playing ranked battles.
Everyone uses Ryu, it's frustrating and boring. If people don't care about their precious BP they actually use interesting characters instead of shoto's all the fucking time.

Where are your balls fellow players? All the teams I face in ranked consist of these characters:

Ryu, Ken, Rolento, Akuma, Hugo and zangief on the SF side and Kazuya, Heihachi, Hwoarang and Raven for the tekken side.

Or it could be that those characters look and play bad ass?

I've wanted to play Rolento this whole generation in a Capcom fighter, and Kazuya is just a bad ass dude with some great mix ups and mobility, oh and dat damage.

I guess I'm part of the problem.

GorillaJu

Ravel Trial 20. My god. My dear, sweet god.

I wasted about 30 minutes before I realized that if you chain cr. LP, cr. HP, the recovery time on Cr. HP is too long to continue the combo. I didn't realize that the actual recovery properties change when you chain normals.

When I finally finished the trial... I feel like a god.

Jin's trials were pretty rough... Asukas were piss easy, Lili's were fine, Ogre's weren't so bad.

Who are your hardest trial characters?

I've been using Steve/Law for the last couple days. Or what I call "Team please don't jump cause we don't have a real anti air".

With the gems I have active on Steve, Its easy to get a plus 10% and 20% attack gem on.

600 damage every medium punch hit confirm if I have bar is to sexy.

And law gains meter like a crack head, it's too good. I need to learn new characters though, I beat brutally beaten when I face characters I barely know. My Hwoarang hasn't really changed at all, I need to find new tech.

Tizoc

hUH....so there're 8 colors and 4 special colors.
Still neon is an odd choice.
Still need more colors to make some interesting palletes, at least in my opinion.

Man, Ibuki's loops have no reward.

jRH, cFP SJC HK Spin Kicks, LP, MK xx EX Upkicks, jRH, cFP SJC HK Spin Kicks, LP, MK xx MK Spin Kicks, Raida

456 damage 1 bar, 2 1-frame jab links, 2 super jump cancels

vs

jRH, MP, MK xx EX Upkicks, jRH, cMP xx MK Spin Kicks, Raida

428 damage 1 bar, no hard links
meter building? gem activation?

How do I get Ryu's crHP>Tatsu to connect every time after EX donkey kick, jumping HP? Is it purely the spacing of the donkey kick or should I delay the jump/move a bit forward after the jump?

zlatko

Banned

I wasted about 30 minutes before I realized that if you chain cr. LP, cr. HP, the recovery time on Cr. HP is too long to continue the combo. I didn't realize that the actual recovery properties change when you chain normals.

Jin's trials were pretty rough... Asukas were piss easy, Lili's were fine, Ogre's weren't so bad.

None of the ones I've done have been hard honestly. I heard rumors that Vega gets some difficult ones.

That Raven one is hard even though I did know it's all links, simply because that crouching HP has to be a 1 frame link,and then the following cr. MK has some tight timing too.

hUH....so there're 8 colors and 4 special colors.
Still neon is an odd choice.
Still need more colors to make some interesting palletes, at least in my opinion.

It's definitely better than before.

But oh god, I have seen the derp of all neon characters. The ultimate distraction tool.

Xevren

You can link the cr LP into cr HP actually, think it's 1 frame though.

As for hardest, the only one that gave me trouble is Vega's 20th. It's a piece of shit.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
lols

Anyway, I'd rather just tag out and build meter with Xiaoyu juggles. Does over 450.

Sorry god's not everyone is playing with the shitty no gems evo rulings. Time OVAR

And seeing how one of the best gem combos in the game right now gives you 40% dmg boost off of 10 normal hits. Ya :p

Was just working on some Akuma trials, when suddenly a giant banner with dan came on the screen telling me I should head to the store and pick up some combo shortcuts to clear the trial easier.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Was just working on some Akuma trials, when suddenly a giant banner with dan came on the screen telling me I should head to the store and pick up some combo shortcuts to clear the trial easier.

looooooool I havent seen that yet. But I believe it.

Hey you suck ass, please use these auto combos

NeoUltima

What the hell. Just experienced a crazy ass glitch.
I did an ex reversal wall jump and the other player somehow threw me out of it...but he didn't...the animation of the throw was completely screwed up. Then after I was stuck in place and couldn't even move. Hard to explain...It was like the game didn't know if I was suppose to be thrown or not and it just imploded on itself.

Wish there was a way to upload replays to youtube or something, shit was crazy.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
People like to hit buttons

People who aren't that good like to hit buttons. If "How easy is it to beat newbies?" was the measuring stick for how good a character ultimately is, Blanka would've been top tier in SF4.

If throws suck, and you don't have a lot of mixup since your overhead is reasonably easy to react to, what reason does your opponent have to push buttons?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
People who aren't that good like to hit buttons. If "How easy is it to beat newbies?" was the measuring stick for how good a character ultimately is, Blanka would've been top tier in SF4.

If throws suck, and you don't have a lot of mixup since your overhead is reasonably easy to react to, what reason does your opponent have to push buttons?

Oh NOW YOU ARE NOT PUSHING BUTTONS? Ok now I'll throw you lol Throws do not suck in this game, they are just not as derp as sf4

Someone tell me how frame trap characters can be good in a game where throws suck.
throws don't suck, they're just not as good. they can't really be used like sf4, but frame traps aren't necessarily used the same way either. frame traps are "better" in this game because its easy to keep on constant pressure.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Oh NOW YOU ARE NOT PUSHING BUTTONS? Ok now I'll throw you lol Throws do not suck in this game, they are just not as derp as sf4

Nah, throws suck. Not only is it harder to land them, but the payoff for landing them isn't as great because of forward roll. Unless your character is fortunate enough to have a setup after a throw that prevents rolls.

Endless blockstrings and corner pressure, of course they will start hitting buttons.

impact

Banned

Hitting buttons is fun!

Shouta

Nah, throws suck. Not only is it harder to land them, but the payoff for landing them isn't as great because of forward roll. Unless your character is fortunate enough to have a setup after a throw that prevents rolls.

Uh, if you do a jump back attack, you can land a hit if they aren't paying attention and block properly. Almost every character can do it too unless your jump attacks are pretty crappy. It's not guaranteed damage as they can block it I recall but it does allow you to keep the pressure on. The only thing you have to do is guess whether they'll roll or not correctly. If you have a good poke, you can just stand there, let them roll and go through you before you throw it out. A possible meaty there for ya if they're hitting buttons.

I've had this done to me and I've done it to people before and it's pretty neat. The only characters that you can't do that to are the teleport folks which is a bit annoying but any other character doesn't get a free pass.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Uh, if you do a jump back attack, you can land a hit if they aren't paying attention and block properly. Almost every character can do it too unless your jump attacks are pretty crappy. It's not guaranteed damage as they can block it I recall but it does allow you to keep the pressure on. The only thing you have to do is guess whether they'll roll or not correctly. If you have a good poke, you can just stand there, let them roll and go through you before you throw it out. A possible meaty there for ya if they're hitting buttons.

I've had this done to me and I've done it to people before and it's pretty neat. The only characters that you can't do that to are the teleport folks which is a bit annoying but any other character doesn't get a free pass.

I'm well aware. But I would rather take the risk/reward on that mixup rather than the frame trap.

SUPARSTARX

Went on a massive losing streak trying out new things with my team and playstyle. Learned new things.

I think when the DLC character drops, I'm going to weave in Lars. He plays like a mix of Ibuki and Raven in SFxT.

zlatko

Banned
Go into endless lobby.

Body some fool.

Get kicked out.

Send message, "Lol rly? stay salty."

Reply is, "I don't like time out matches."

My retort, " LMFAO! I rushed you down every round and only spaced you out with Rolento because you didn't know how to deal with it. You're the one who down backed it all matches.Plus, you won off of time outs. come up with a better bs excuse."

reply to me, "it's just a game"

My last retort, "Yeah a game where you kick people out of games when you throw a hissy fit because you lose. stay free."

I don't get into message scruffles much, but seriously. If you kick me out, at least have the decency to be up front that you felt out played or something.

Shouta

I'm well aware. But I would rather take the risk/reward on that mixup rather than the frame trap.

That's fine, I guess. I'm just pointing it out because I see a lot of SRK folks complain that roll ruins the game because they can't Vortex or pressure folks which isn't true. Granted, it's not going to be as potent as a game like SF4 where you don't have this escape option. But you do in a fashion, just gotta guess/read your opponent to continue.

On that note, throws are good for the opposite reason in this IMO. From an offense perspective, it isn't as powerful as SF4 because you don't get the potency of the knockdown due to the above. From a defensive perspective though, it's a great "get the hell away" from me if you land it, especially if you need a raw tag. For folks that don't have traditional anti-air options either, resetting the enemy like that so they can go for an attack again is pretty sweet.

Top Bottom