• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

zlatko

Banned
I switched for Poison in the last set, that went a lot better, but honestly, even when I got in, all it took is one small jab, and bam - magic series to a Kuma combo to a 50/50 situation. Dhalsim definitely got stronger because of that chain option. Not whining about balance, but I need to look for an EU Dhalsim player, cause in Hungary, there is only one - the guy I faced :D

Who are your characters?

I feel Rolento deals quite well with both Kuma and Sim. Kazuya is just there to spend the meter and then set up those 50-50's once you knock them down from a tag into him combo.

V_Arnold

Poison/Kazuya, or Kazuya/Lili, or Jin/Kazuya, or Xiaoyu/Lili or Xiaoyu/Kazuya. (on 2v2 though, I only had to choose one character. 1v1 is way better in this game imho, as you should not depend on anyone else but you for a win :p)

zlatko

Banned
Poison/Kazuya, or Kazuya/Lili, or Jin/Kazuya, or Xiaoyu/Lili or Xiaoyu/Kazuya. (on 2v2 though, I only had to choose one character. 1v1 is way better in this game imho, as you should not depend on anyone else but you for a win :p)

Ah. Who was your partner using? Were you anchor or point?

Tirael

I've been caught by it a few times early on, but if you're close just block or walk up throw.

Most of my Hugo losses recently are more from SPDs and just people tagging in Hugo for big damaging follow ups. It's rough. Palm breakers hella good on block. Can't mash so you're in that position where he might follow up with sweep, dash up SPD, or just some shenanigans. Need to back dash first thing after blocking palm~jab xx palm~LK~MK

I've experienced that Hugo has a lot of hurt box. I had one guy try to splash me but I kept standing jabbing him out of the air with Nina.

I really think that Hugo is broken. I really do. That and his superman body splash is just retarded. His hurt box on that thing is insane.

This is MvC3 Sentinel all over again.

impact

Banned
Speaking of Hugo love

dmnos.jpg

response: lolumad

the catch: he plays Juri
OSORV.gif

STAY FREE PSN

impact

Banned
I just had a long LAN session plus some online lols with Xevren so I'm done for the night. We can play tomorrow if you want.

sleepykyo

I want in on this.

edit: Darn, back to watching Topanga then.

And yeah, I'd consider Juri in the same list as the ones he listed. Juri's damage output in this game is amazing.

Xevren

That dude sending hate messages about Hugo was hilarious. He woke up every time that match with a dp but once. No idea why someone would bitch about a character after playing like a retard.

impact

Banned
Wakeup dp!
Oh shit he blocked and combo'd me
Wakeup dp!
Oh shit he blocked again
Do nothing on wakeup
Get command grabbed
Send rage mail

He's a smart guy.

hertog

When I use Guile or Rolento, Hugo isn't that much a problem.

I suffer the most against Ryu/Ken/Akuma. The mobility, projectile plus SHORYUKEN!! makes it so hard to get to them. And I'll get frustrated and drop my combo's :(

I often punish DP too early online, when they're still airborne, making them hop back and only take one hit, so they have a free mashing DP chance again.

edit: And their GODDAMN air-tatsu's!!!! They cross up so good and almost seem invincible in the air. AARGH

GorillaJu

I hate when a Ryu knocks me down. Backs up a few steps to make it completely obvious that he's going to air tatsu me, and I still get crossed up by it like a scrub.

I fucking hate Ryu/Ken/Akuma

If I apply to much pressure, DP
If I don't he's happy
If I try to bait a DP he'll grab

so annoying. I played a player that did that, I honestly just had to guess if he was gonna mash or not. If I was wrong then I have to try tech a grab or just let him have his way with me

GorillaJu

If I don't he's happy

so annoying. I played a player that did that, I honestly just had to guess if he was gonna mash or not. If I was wrong then I have to try tech a grab or just let him have his way with me

I've learned that sitting by their bodies and spamming light attacks until the moment they get up greatly increases the chance of a punishable wake up.

hertog

If I don't he's happy

That's why I have an auto tech-throw gem on guile.
I have to sacrifice a gem, but it makes the fight more fair.

LakeEarth

I do double qcf for mist step. Especially useful when cancelling into it after a low. If you're using a stick, make sure it passes through neutral or it won't work.

I've been watching some of the streams this weekend, and people have got to STOP standing next to their opponent on wakeup when they're down to 20-40% life. They're always going to do a reversal into tag. Always. Just stand near them, back dash, jump, something just before they get up, then kill them on recovery.

I was watching this one guy who kept getting away with reversal EX baton move with Rolento into tag. Why are you standing right in front of him?! People have to get used to this, like not pushing buttons when a Ryu has FADC ready in SFIV.

My only mist step issue is cancelling into mist step?

I'll land wgf, hit st.hp, and my hands derp their way through the mist step motion and inevitably fuck it up.

I don't want to need meter to play Kazuya. :(

hertog

If I'd could pick Guile two times I'd be so good :(

So far I really rock with Guile, but every secondary character is just lacking.
Cammy is very different from her SF4 days, Rolento I must get used to and King is awesome but worthless except for tag-ins.

Imm0rt4l

Speaking of Hugo love

response: lolumad

the catch: he plays Juri
OSORV.gif

STAY FREE PSN

You know whats especially funny? I sent this same guy a message just 2 days ago, saying "STAY FREE". His response was, "What does that even mean?!". I just left it at that.

zlatko

Banned
My only mist step issue is cancelling into mist step?

I'll land wgf, hit st.hp, and my hands derp their way through the mist step motion and inevitably fuck it up.

I don't want to need meter to play Kazuya. :(

Practice in training doing just normals, cancelled into step. Which should be done by doing double quarter circle forward when the move hits hella fast.

I've gotten to the point now where whenever I land or you block a crouching medium kick, then I will get a EWGF.

It's just like cancelling anything into a Hadoken. The obvious difference is one extra QCF before you hit a button.

Kazuya is my favourite character in this game, but I'm afraid I am wasting my time on him because my execution is too ass for this character. I simply don't have the time nowadays to grind this stuff out hardcore. :(

zlatko

Banned
Kazuya is my favourite character in this game, but I'm afraid I am wasting my time on him because my execution is too ass for this character. I simply don't have the time nowadays to grind this stuff out hardcore. :(

I'm ass at execution and I find him easy. The only hard thing is EWGF, and honestly, you don't need it. You just have to get down mist step. Mess around with different ways to do it until you find whatever works for you. Look up the guide on Shoryuken for it if you are still struggling.

His combos are mega easy though and you don't lose out on much damage without EWGF.

LakeEarth

I'm winning just fine without EGWF. But you should be able to cancel d.mk into mist step. I've been doing a lot of d.mk xx mist step into GWF, and if it hits, s.fierce xx mist step into uppercut (and one of the kick followups) for 330ish damage, or add super for 450 damage (most of it unrecoverable).

I realize EGWF combos can do that meterless, but I don't have the patience to practice that for hours.

What you gotta be abusing with Kazuya is his d.lk d.mk s.fp chain. D.lk is quick and has great range, starts low, you can stop the chain at the fierce and most characters cannot punish it.

Thanks for the Kazuya tips guys, I won't give up. In fact I just switched to my Seimitsu stick on 360 and Mist Step cancelling is MUCH easier for me compared to the Sanwa stick I use on PS3.

hertog

Perfecting someone feels like a work of art.

Started with guile, got a few hits in, hit a launcher combo.
Tag-in King for the knee, knee, knee qcb punch.
Cross up jumping mk, knee, knee, knee, knee superart.

loved it.

Myomoto

Perfecting someone feels like a work of art.

Started with guile, got a few hits in, hit a launcher combo.
Tag-in King for the knee, knee, knee qcb punch.
Cross up jumping mk, knee, knee, knee, knee superart.

loved it.

Wouldn't knee, knee, hp xx srk+hp (running jaguar bomb) do more damage for the first combo?

AAK

So I played this dude that managed to always SPD right after I blocked a Green hand... Is it normally supposed to be possible? Should I jab right after? Damn it was so embaressing continuously eating them.

AAK

Grapplers really destroyed my day. I was trying to grind out mission mode and ended up stuck on Mission 17 which is the gauntlet against King, Hugo, Marduk, and Gief....

Spent hours trying to figure out AI holes to abuse and they really conditioned me.

Went online afterward and pretty much lost 15 straight games because of those stupid tendencies I abused against the AI ingrained in me :(

Never beat that stupid mission. Figured out holes against King and (somewhat) Hugo. But the other 2 just rip me apart.... pretty frustrating.

Haven't really played this game at all. Just alot of it is disappointing and online is horrible compared to other Capcom games with similar netcode.

hertog

So I played this dude that managed to always SPD right after I blocked a Green hand... Is it normally supposed to be possible? Should I jab right after? Damn it was so embaressing continuously eating them.

IF only King's grabs were 10% as good as Giefs :(

I can handle Zangief in this game, but your whole gameplan changes when you face that walking tank.

Don't jump, don't stay still. Just use your longest and fastest pokes and pray you don't get caught by his ridiculous lp SPD.
And with King, Kneelift works so good on his wake-up because King's airborne. So you'll go through his commandgrab and one of his lariats (I believe PPP) if you time it correctly.

AAK

Yeah, I'm struggling quite a bit in this game :( I honestly have yet to successfully deal with anyone that spam's Hugo's body splash among other things.

Haven't really played this game at all. Just alot of it is disappointing and online is horrible compared to other Capcom games with similar netcode.

I dunno, I feel the netcode in this game is better than SSFIV. Before I had Tekken 6 levels of netcode when I battled people in Europe in SSFIV. Now I have relatively decent matches with them in SFxT. (PS3 version)

cackhyena

Yeah, I'm struggling quite a bit in this game :( I honestly have yet to successfully deal with anyone that spam's Hugo's body splash among other things.

I dunno, I feel the netcode in this game is better than SSFIV. Before I had Tekken 6 levels of netcode when I battled people in Europe in SSFIV. Now I have relatively decent matches with them in SFxT. (PS3 version)

Man, totally not the case for me.

zlatko

Banned
Man, totally not the case for me.

Strange. Net code and finding matches is a big step up from SSF4 for me. In Colorado in the USA for reference.

Also, ranked has started to improve for me in terms of less time outs. The combination of my better gem load out and the higher BP to find better opponents more in the C+ to B range has made the game more enjoyable.

cackhyena

Strange. Net code and finding matches is a big step up from SSF4 for me. In Colorado in the USA for reference.

Also, ranked has started to improve for me in terms of less time outs. The combination of my better gem load out and the higher BP to find better opponents more in the C+ to B range has made the game more enjoyable.

Just hopped back into SSF4 a couple days ago to compare. Wisconsin for me. Loading times, finding matches, and the amount of lag were all much better, overall. It seems whether I'm searching or having my own lobby open, there are way less matches to be found ( Endless that is ) and far fewer players come to me overall in this game.

I have noticed when it's super choppy before a match officially starts, it sometimes smooths out a lot, though. I assume that's the rollback stuff in effect?

zlatko

Banned
Just hopped back into SSF4 a couple days ago to compare. Wisconsin for me. Loading times, finding matches, and the amount of lag were all much better, overall. It seems whether I'm searching or having my own lobby open, there are way less matches to be found ( Endless that is ) and far fewer players come to me overall in this game.

I have noticed when it's super choppy before a match officially starts, it sometimes smooths out a lot, though. I assume that's the rollback stuff in effect?

Pretty much yeah. That's what the sound issue is from too is the roll backs.

As for finding matches. If you do arcade and looking for matches, it finds them at lightning speeds in SFxT. It's absurd. May want to try that.

Top Bottom