• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Degen

Go into endless lobby.

Body some fool.

Get kicked out.

Send message, "Lol rly? stay salty."

Reply is, "I don't like time out matches."

My retort, " LMFAO! I rushed you down every round and only spaced you out with Rolento because you didn't know how to deal with it. You're the one who down backed it all matches.Plus, you won off of time outs. come up with a better bs excuse."

reply to me, "it's just a game"

My last retort, "Yeah a game where you kick people out of games when you throw a hissy fit because you lose. stay free."

I don't get into message scruffles much, but seriously. If you kick me out, at least have the decency to be up front that you felt out played or something.
I see something resembling Blanka in your avatar, so I'm forced to side with the other player on this matter

PJSalt, u mad, Kappa, etc

kewlmyc

Go into endless lobby.

Body some fool.

Get kicked out.

My retort, " LMFAO! I rushed you down every round and only spaced you out with Rolento because you didn't know how to deal with it. You're the one who down backed it all matches.Plus, you won off of time outs. come up with a better bs excuse."

My last retort, "Yeah a game where you kick people out of games when you throw a hissy fit because you lose. stay free."

I don't get into message scruffles much, but seriously. If you kick me out, at least have the decency to be up front that you felt out played or something.

Seems kinda immature of you to be perfectly honest.

Dammit, I beat a 5k BP guy and he leaves my lobby. Only the shitty players stay in my lobbies after I win :(

All the shitty players think "Wow this guy actually sucks, he's just doing X over and over I can beat him!" and all the good players just get mad salty of your "scrub play"

impact

Banned
All the shitty players think "Wow this guy actually sucks, he's just doing X over and over I can beat him!" and all the good players just get mad salty of your "scrub play"

Probably true. I do pick Hugo
oPztf.gif

So did he

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Go into endless lobby.

Body some fool.

Get kicked out.

Dude he has a point, just a game... ;). I don't even reply to messages anymore...

GorillaJu

Fighting against Hugo is like fighting a final boss. You have to be on your game while he gets to just flop his belly around and do whatever the fuck he wants with little repercussion.

People who just do nothing but spam lariat charge and wait for you to attack them... When I actually figure out how to combat this gimmick, I will come body all of you. Just give me a minute, too busy getting destroyed to figure out what to do.

On that note, gimmicky play in general gets me mad salty. It's only a matter of time before the tricks become such common knowledge that those tactics will just cease to work – why make people suffer until then?

AAK

Also today we came across this guy on PSN called necro72...

Damn what a guy... he would always have a team of Asuka and a Turo/Kuro/Pacman/Megaman anchor. And this dude would never even bother doing a cross rush or tag the PS3 exclusive guys in once and would just beast with Asuka. Everyone in the room aside from myself were B ranked and still he got matches on all of us. That was pretty crazy to see. Learned a lot from watching him.

Tirael

Oh man, fucking Hugo. He's extremely hard to fight. How is it possible that I'll be fighting a Hugo that techs one of my throws, (causing you both to step back a certain amount) and then I jump back, and he can STILL anti-air throw me? I have a huge problem with grapplers in general, how do I deal with them?

Sayah

Oh man, fucking Hugo. He's extremely hard to fight. How is it possible that I'll be fighting a Hugo that techs one of my throws, (causing you both to step back a certain amount) and then I jump back, and he can STILL anti-air throw me? I have a huge problem with grapplers in general, how do I deal with them?

Easiest solution for Hugo, Vega, Zangief, and Marduck is the Kazuya infinite. At least for now. :p

hertog

Marduk is so hard to play, and his SPD only does 160-180 damage :(
And because he has the worst air normals in the game, it's so hard to close in on a shoto

Go into endless lobby.

Body some fool.

Get kicked out.

It's not like the guy is obligated to play you ft 10 or something.

It was his lobby. He didn't want to play you anymore. Why not just move on?

hertog

Hitting a Disgraceful Kick as a counter hit into knees + super is so awesome.
Too bad all King's normals have so little priority, range and speed.

Only ones I find useful are cr. mk and cr. lp

I have a question, after I hard knock down my oponent, what are my options with Jin/Kazuya? I don't know how to keep the pressure, if I get close and start doing a a session of cr.Lp before my oppenent gets up they just get up and their jabs hit me first even if I started jabbing before they get up, then if jump in while they are getting up they usually launch a dragon punch or cammy does her spinning kicks etc, I just don't feel I have the advantage when I knock down the oopponent HALP!!!

Myomoto

Hitting a Disgraceful Kick as a counter hit into knees + super is so awesome.
Too bad all King's normals have so little priority, range and speed.

Only ones I find useful are cr. mk and cr. lp

Far standing lk seems ok as well, especially because it hits low, and you can use the ABC-chain to go into mk to hk, and still have time to confirm if you should continue into launcher (just ending it on hk seems safe since it places him pretty far away, haven't tested it).

His standing mk and hk are also both 'decent' pokes at long range (hk is more of a punisher), and his cr.hp is also a pretty good anti-air because it lets you follow it up with jaguar step into a high/low mix-up. The lk version of his konvict kick (srk+k) is also safe (and the EX-version is safe and links into knees!), which is great because cr.mk is special cancel-able, giving him a free knockdown/combo from a successful low poke, both of which sets him up for his high/low wakeup game.

So I was at Walmart last night and noticed that SFxT is already $40. It's barely a month old.

Weird.

Fighting games dropping their prices early is common, and also by now it shouldn't come as a surprise if SFxT turns out to be a spectacular sales flop in US, considering how it's already a sales flop in Japan.

Tirael

I have a question, after I hard knock down my oponent, what are my options with Jin/Kazuya? I don't know how to keep the pressure, if I get close and start doing a a session of cr.Lp before my oppenent gets up they just get up and their jabs hit me first even if I started jabbing before they get up, then if jump in while they are getting up they usually launch a dragon punch or cammy does her spinning kicks etc, I just don't feel I have the advantage when I knock down the oopponent HALP!!!

Since no one has any good advice on how to deal with grapplers, I'll help you out.

Turns out Kazuya has an easy mix-up on characters that are standing up. If you do crouching HK at a long-ish range, their jabs can't reach you. If you condition them to block low, then you can start mixing in Oni Front Kick, (back + HK )which is an overhead, even if it doesn't look like it. If they're blocking low, it'll hit them. If that seems too unsafe, then you could always try Left Splits Kick or Right Splits Kick depending on distance, though they have less range and are a bit easier to spot, they are harder to punish.

If you would like to jump in against a Dragon Punch-happy opponent, then a good idea is to find a good cross-up move and jump over them before they're able to get up, but soon enough to hit them on the way down, then transition into jabs for a hitconfirm. I have a DP'er friend and he has a hard time dealing with that, because of the window of time it takes to do a wake-up DP. And if their move comes out, but you're far enough over them, you can usually punish them after they come back down. Wait till they touch the ground, though, because if you punish in the air you'll only get one hit.

Since no one has any good advice on how to deal with grapplers, I'll help you out.

Turns out Kazuya has an easy mix-up on characters that are standing up. If you do crouching HK at a long-ish range, their jabs can't reach you. If you condition them to block low, then you can start mixing in Oni Front Kick, (back + HK )which is an overhead, even if it doesn't look like it. If they're blocking low, it'll hit them. If that seems too unsafe, then you could always try Left Splits Kick or Right Splits Kick depending on distance, though they have less range and are a bit easier to spot, they are harder to punish.

If you would like to jump in against a Dragon Punch-happy opponent, then a good idea is to find a good cross-up move and jump over them before they're able to get up, but soon enough to hit them on the way down, then transition into jabs for a hitconfirm. I have a DP'er friend and he has a hard time dealing with that, because of the window of time it takes to do a wake-up DP. And if their move comes out, but you're far enough over them, you can usually punish them after they come back down. Wait till they touch the ground, though, because if you punish in the air you'll only get one hit.

Thanks a lot, I am gonna try those outs with Kazuya, it just pissing me off that everyone is out-pocking me even after I do a hard knock down

Dartastic

Fighting against Hugo is like fighting a final boss. You have to be on your game while he gets to just flop his belly around and do whatever the fuck he wants with little repercussion.

People who just do nothing but spam lariat charge and wait for you to attack them... When I actually figure out how to combat this gimmick, I will come body all of you. Just give me a minute, too busy getting destroyed to figure out what to do.

On that note, gimmicky play in general gets me mad salty. It's only a matter of time before the tricks become such common knowledge that those tactics will just cease to work – why make people suffer until then?
I really think that Hugo is broken. I really do. That and his superman body splash is just retarded. His hurt box on that thing is insane.

SUPARSTARX

I've been caught by it a few times early on, but if you're close just block or walk up throw.

Most of my Hugo losses recently are more from SPDs and just people tagging in Hugo for big damaging follow ups. It's rough. Palm breakers hella good on block. Can't mash so you're in that position where he might follow up with sweep, dash up SPD, or just some shenanigans. Need to back dash first thing after blocking palm~jab xx palm~LK~MK

I've experienced that Hugo has a lot of hurt box. I had one guy try to splash me but I kept standing jabbing him out of the air with Nina.

LakeEarth

I usually do not approach Hugo and let him come to me. Once he's lost his patience and starts walking forward and not charging that damned armor, that's when I start smacking him.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I really think that Hugo is broken. I really do. That and his superman body splash is just retarded. His hurt box on that thing is insane.

lol I never have issues with it. Julia kinda rapes hugo for free and ogre can just counter stupid obvious stuff. YAY :D

I usually do not approach Hugo and let him come to me. Once he's lost his patience and starts walking forward and not charging that damned armor, that's when I start smacking him.

Yuuuup

zlatko

Banned
zlatko: I don't think you understand the process of getting hate mail.

Is there some kind of written rules I can look up for these engagements?

As for whoever mentioned him not being obligated to do FT10, that's fine. My beaf was the person kicking me and then having the nerve to say time outs was the reason for the boot when THEY were the ones causing them and winning off them.

Like I said, if you are going to boot me, be real about the reason. If you felt out played fine, mention that, and I'll just say GG's. Most messages I get, or lobbies I leave, I say GG and offer up tips when I can.

-----

In other news I played on PJ's stream earlier today and was wrecking shop. EWGF, solid mix ups, etc. Then it all went down hill because Rufus/Gief team is just my kryptonite it seems. Rufus/Hugo too.

I don't use the Kazuya infinite, but maybe I should at this point. :( I'm just tired of being dive kicked forever, blocking it all, then thrown, to restart it all again. Whenever I THINK there is a hole I just get poked into an ABC launch. ; ;

#fuckrufus

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Is there some kind of written rules I can look up for these engagements?

As for whoever mentioned him not being obligated to do FT10, that's fine. My beaf was the person kicking me and then having the nerve to say time outs was the reason for the boot when THEY were the ones causing them and winning off them.

Like I said, if you are going to boot me, be real about the reason. If you felt out played fine, mention that, and I'll just say GG's. Most messages I get, or lobbies I leave, I say GG and offer up tips when I can.

He had the "nerve" to tell you the reason because you sent an antagonizing message to him instead of moving on. He didn't have to explain why he kicked you. There are plenty of reasons people kick others for and not all of them are because they lost or are salty. Either way, seems like he told you nicely he didn't like that style of play and that riled you up. He is clearly not the one who threw anything close to a hissy fit. Shrug.

zlatko

Banned
He had the "nerve" to tell you the reason because you sent an antagonizing message to him instead of moving on. He didn't have to explain why he kicked you. There are plenty of reasons people kick others for and not all of them are because they lost or are salty. Either way, seems like he told you nicely he didn't like that style of play and that riled you up. He is clearly not the one who threw anything close to a hissy fit. Shrug.

The reason was bull shit. If he was causing the time outs, he was winning off time outs, then why am I at fault for when I won by rushing him down?

Also, you're going to say I threw a hissy fit? Really? I was calm and relaxed, and in another game already after my initial message.

He complained about time over games, so if he had a problem with anyones play style, it should be his own. :/

V_Arnold

Nothing better than getting perfected twice in front of a huge audience on an SFxT tourney final :D
And I was not even salty, lol. With Kazuya, I had literally zero experience against Dhalsim/Kuma team. Zero.

zlatko

Banned
Execution advise for wave dashing from 1P side? 2P is easy, just flick my hand... 1P not so much :(

Forward, then half circle from back to front, and then just do QCF motions.

@V_Arnold

Ouch. When in doubt, neutral jump. xD Dhalsim though is just wave dashing bit by bit, walking forward bit by bit, and the occasional jump LK. Gotta get in on dat ass.

V_Arnold

I switched for Poison in the last set, that went a lot better, but honestly, even when I got in, all it took is one small jab, and bam - magic series to a Kuma combo to a 50/50 situation. Dhalsim definitely got stronger because of that chain option. Not whining about balance, but I need to look for an EU Dhalsim player, cause in Hungary, there is only one - the guy I faced :D

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I switched for Poison in the last set, that went a lot better, but honestly, even when I got in, all it took is one small jab, and bam - magic series to a Kuma combo to a 50/50 situation. Dhalsim definitely got stronger because of that chain option. Not whining about balance, but I need to look for an EU Dhalsim player, cause in Hungary, there is only one - the guy I faced :D

Wow had no idea there was an fgc in my home country with tourneys and big screens. Would love to see that some time.

Top Bottom