• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Wait, this was supposed to include the gem selection stuff right? It says to press Triangle, but it doesn't do anything.

EDIT: OH, you have to select ID. Got it.

sleepykyo

I kind of really hate playing Ranked now. I'm closing in on 6k BP, I always search for same skill and occasionally more skilled. I keep getting people who only mash LP into ABC launcher into some lame combo (like lp, lp, cr mk, special/super/cross art). All day every fucking day. It's kinda infuriating.

Like, JESUS CHRIST CAN YOU AT LEAST DO A COMBO OR A LINK OR SOMETHING?

I don't even lose to that kind of stuff, I just don't find it fun to play against people who only know the abc and nothing more, and that's all I seem to get matched against.

</salt>

Seems like trying to do links online is just a recipe for rage when the lag causes a dropped combo.

RS4-

I kind of really hate playing Ranked now. I'm closing in on 6k BP, I always search for same skill and occasionally more skilled. I keep getting people who only mash LP into ABC launcher into some lame combo (like lp, lp, cr mk, special/super/cross art). All day every fucking day. It's kinda infuriating.

I don't even lose to that kind of stuff, I just don't find it fun to play against people who only know the abc and nothing more, and that's all I seem to get matched against.

</salt>
Even offline that's how it is. Poke poke chain into tag blah blah.

Feels good not having played the game for three weeks.

Floex

lol.gif
Good point

zlatko

Banned
Even offline that's how it is. Poke poke chain into tag blah blah.

Feels good not having played the game for three weeks.

I play Rolento Kazuya and I never do ABC combo haha. Like ever. :p

I like getting all the damage I can and doing mix up city on people with both of my characters. Meter gain is so fast that I can just safely tag in whenever if shit hits the fan.

The biggest abusers of ABC combo is Rufus players. :/

LakeEarth

You play Kazuya and you don't do chain combos? c.lk c.mk s.fp is SO good. Great range, starts low and the fierce is almost entirely safe. Valle abuses that shit all the time when I see him play.

zlatko

Banned
You play Kazuya and you don't do chain combos? c.lk c.mk s.fp is SO good. Great range, starts low and the fierce is almost entirely safe. Valle abuses that shit all the time when I see him play.

I abuse the 50-50 chain of back LK LP MK, then either LK or LP again for the 50-50 set up.

I much prefer to just do crouching MP, crouching MK, DURRRIYA, crouch jab, crouch MK, DURRRIYA. Generally if they don't have a fast enough poke after durriya #1, then you get a free combo since regular fist is what, -1? If you get EWGF, you are at +2 on block.

Does that chain you mention have cancellable properties after the S.FP? If I can go into wind god fist then I'm in there.

LakeEarth

I abuse the 50-50 chain of back LK LP MK, then either LK or LP again for the 50-50 set up.

I much prefer to just do crouching MP, crouching MK, DURRRIYA, crouch jab, crouch MK, DURRRIYA. Generally if they don't have a fast enough poke after durriya #1, then you get a free combo since regular fist is what, -1? If you get EWGF, you are at +2 on block.

Does that chain you mention have cancellable properties after the S.FP? If I can go into wind god fist then I'm in there.

Yeah I should abuse that chain some more.

I wish there was a "close" option for region when looking for a fight online. When you're in Canada, most people in the States have good to tolerable connections. But when you put region to "any" I keep getting Germany, Italy, France, etc. If I just put it to 'same' I get the same 10 Canadians over and over.

I wish there was a "close" option for region when looking for a fight online. When you're in Canada, most people in the States have good to tolerable connections. But when you put region to "any" I keep getting Germany, Italy, France, etc. If I just put it to 'same' I get the same 10 Canadians over and over.

I know that feel.

I liked SC5's way of doing it where the regions were continental.

zlatko

Banned

I set region same, skill any. Find matches fast, and only a few times refought the same opponent.

You could always take on GAF. I don't suppose you are on 360? :D

cackhyena

Some SFxT matches featuring -6, one of the best Gouki players in SSF4-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn0ZlZNEf-w&feature=player_embedded

Not the most exciting combination of characters for me. Solid stuff, though. I really want a different main than Ryu, personally. He's solid as usual, but feels boring. I swear what they give him in this practically makes Akuma feel redundant and weak. Maybe that's why -6 is using Ryu. Maybe I just have yet to run across a player who utilizes his mix up game correctly, I dunno. I don't fear the character the way I did in SF4.

zlatko

Banned
This afternoon has been crappy, but lots of people are at school/work. I'm on vacation!

And yeah, XBL - LakeEarth v1

I'll be on in oh 5-6 hours? I'm buying Xenoblade and a Wii today, so I'll be on hiatus from SFxT until I complete that game. If you are down we could do a first to 10? :D

Imm0rt4l

</salt>

I'm also not a fan of the magic series crap, sets the entry barrier too low. Thankfully, when they do dumb stuff like that it scales to hell. But seriously, DO SOME FUCKING LINKS! The majority of links in this game are piss easy as is.

Dartastic

This is pretty cool. After telling Capcom that I didn't want their stupid 30% off coupon, and that I wanted them to continue developing that 2v2 mode on 360, this is the response I got.

"We're sorry that Mr. X continues to be disappointed with Capcom's response. While we value all of our customers' input and suggestions as to what, in their eyes, would be an appropriate resolution to this matter, the fact remains that Capcom has made valid business decisions based on various factors, including industry practice. Capcom also believes that the Street Fighter x Tekken game is one of its best yet, and the amount of exciting content immediately available will demonstrate this."

Fuck you, Capcom. Time to go to Skullgirls. I'm done with this game.

Just played hands down the worse game ever on this stupid game. Rollback lag is such a crock of shit. Like 4 different times I hit confirm something and the next second I'm either being hit by a stupid Kazuya combo or his super. SF4 and Marvel kept me hooked for hundreds of hours, this is just becoming more disappointing as I play it. :(

zlatko

Banned
This is pretty cool. After telling Capcom that I didn't want their stupid 30% off coupon, and that I wanted them to continue developing that 2v2 mode on 360, this is the response I got.

"We're sorry that Mr. X continues to be disappointed with Capcom's response. While we value all of our customers' input and suggestions as to what, in their eyes, would be an appropriate resolution to this matter, the fact remains that Capcom has made valid business decisions based on various factors, including industry practice. Capcom also believes that the Street Fighter x Tekken game is one of its best yet, and the amount of exciting content immediately available will demonstrate this."

So...can I have your 30% off coupon? :)

cackhyena

Just played hands down the worse game ever on this stupid game. Rollback lag is such a crock of shit. Like 4 different times I hit confirm something and the next second I'm either being hit by a stupid Kazuya combo or his super. SF4 and Marvel kept me hooked for hundreds of hours, this is just becoming more disappointing as I play it. :(

Hopped on SF4 after some of this game last night. So damn smooth in comparison for me.

Imm0rt4l

that's nice.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pandora Extend will allow you to sacrifice characters to give you a 20 second power-up boost to another character instead of the 10 second boost. Ultimate guard combines Auto Block, Auto Throw Escape and Chip Damage Negation into one chip.

wut

hertog

found a great but risky way to use king's giant swing.
For some reason I've been hitting the lp version a lot immediately after a blocked cross-up attempt. Haven't been able to test it out, for some reason they didn't crouch fast enough to avoid it. Maybe I've faced some bad players, but it feels so good hitting a command throw with King. He's still the worst "grappler" to ever grace a SF game though :(

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
How do I quick select gems? Someone said select ID...what does that mean?

In offline versus screen, you now have "ID" as a gem unit preset. Click over to it when selecting gem unit. It starts off with 3 empty gem slots. By hitting Y/Triangle with the ID unit selected, you'll be able to pick gems directly by their ID number.

There are shortcut keys like RB on Xbox to hold down with scrolling through the gem list to skp by 10 and 100 gems, and to skip to the first gem in each category of gem.

rocK`

Banned
GAF - can anyone help me with an execution question?

how the f do you chain after a few links?

example:

Rufus: dive kick, cr lk, cr, lk xx cr mk-cr.hk-boost

LakeEarth

Good games Zlatko, I'm going to steal some of those Kazuya tricks. You also taught me that you can get EX hooks after a GWF -> s.fp which I didn't realize. Does an extra 70 points from my previous meterless followup.

Tips:
- lots of wake up reversals! Although I ate more than half of them, when I was ready for them I usually ended the round with the punish
- tag out when you're low on health, there were multiple times where Rolento was down to 20%, you hit me with rekkas, but you didn't tag cancel the last one. I think you should, I believe tagging out to replenish health (even like 5%) is important. I should practice what I preach!
- you probably know this, but I took advantage of your wave dashing mist steps. It's easy to react to when you start from the other side of the screen.

Good:
- you knew how to get damage when the opportunity came up. I especially like your supering, I think more people should use them instead of 2 tag cancels. The tag cancels can do slightly more damage, but leaves a lot more recoverable health.
- great use of the step kick overhead

I hope our games opened your eyes to the power of Kazuya's chain combo!

I swear somedays on ranked I'm like this:
Reggie-miller-choke.jpg

Then somedays I'm like this:

Michael-Jordan.jpg

Couple days ago, I'd lose because my brain goes dead, and I'd keep falling for the same shit. I tell myself DONT FUCKING JUMP AGAINST JURI, then on the next second I jump and get bodied

then today im clutching everything, great reads, playing smart and all that good shit

It is kinda frustrating how they implemented the quick select for offline but not for endless lobby.

Yeah, they should have just put it in across the board. Goddamnit Capcom.

I guess their reasoning would be that you don't need to set gems on your own home console on the fly because it's a personal copy/account being played, but goddamn I wanna test shit out online too!

zlatko

Banned
Good games Zlatko, I'm going to steal some of those Kazuya tricks. You also taught me that you can get EX hooks after a GWF -> s.fp which I didn't realize. Does an extra 70 points from my previous meterless followup.

Tips:
- lots of wake up reversals! Although I ate more than half of them, when I was ready for them I usually ended the round with the punish
- tag out when you're low on health, there were multiple times where Rolento was down to 20%, you hit me with rekkas, but you didn't tag cancel the last one. I think you should, I believe tagging out to replenish health (even like 5%) is important. I should practice what I preach!
- you probably know this, but I took advantage of your wave dashing mist steps. It's easy to react to when you start from the other side of the screen.

Good:
- you knew how to get damage when the opportunity came up. I especially like your supering, I think more people should use them instead of 2 tag cancels. The tag cancels can do slightly more damage, but leaves a lot more recoverable health.
- great use of the step kick overhead

I hope our games opened your eyes to the power of Kazuya's chain combo!

Good games. Yeah that Chain combo is serious business.

I feel I started off decent, then just got blown up consistently. I did try several approaches when you picked Hugo with Rolento, but spacing/zoning is awful and rushing him down can end poorly too.

Your Kazuya is top notch. The only thing I never noticed from you was any EWGF. I managed to do several during our sessions. That's about all you can work on since the rest is god like.

King was never too much of a problem. Kazuya was the threat. :p

LakeEarth

Yeah King holds me back. I should probably keep my search for a new character. And yeah I haven't really been working on EGWF's yet. I know how good they are, but I just don't have the patience to learn it right now.

I'm having a lot of trouble getting SRK's after crouching medium kicks and such in the middle of Heihachi strings. QCF P always comes out instead.

For example, say I do a DP + LP, then want to do C.MK into DP + MP, I always end up doing demon's breath instead and knocking them away. Anyone have any tips on this? Should I be doing standing moves in the middle of his strings instead? Are there any standing moves that work?

impact

Banned
I'm having a lot of trouble getting SRK's after crouching medium kicks and such in the middle of Heihachi strings. QCF P always comes out instead.

For example, say I do a DP + LP, then want to do C.MK into DP + MP, I always end up doing demon's breath instead and knocking them away. Anyone have any tips on this? Should I be doing standing moves in the middle of his strings instead? Are there any standing moves that work?

Stop mashing

....or mash harder
qVhhl.png

If you're holding down back when you're doing c.mk, try to do it from down. Starting from down back might make it think you're doing a HCF/QCF.

Other than that I usually just use S.HP or S.MP and I've never accidentally demon breathed out of those normals.

Tirael

I'm always telling my sparring buddy to do this. What some people don't realize is that if you recover health, that health is also depleted into more recoverable health. It really starts adding up with efficient switching.

Top Bottom