• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

zlatko

Banned
Alright GAF. SPeak up. Which one of you is the 12,000BP Bob I fought over the weekend and what kind of witchcraft are you using to actually win that much with him?

GrayFoxPL

Alright GAF. SPeak up. Which one of you is the 12,000BP Bob I fought over the weekend and what kind of witchcraft are you using to actually win that much with him?

Doesn't have to be Bob. It could've been Heihachi for 11,950BP.

Btw I don't get this "anchor" stuff, like you're playing one character and an assist. My second character is as much important as the first. Since you tag all the time there isn't really first and second.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

Btw I don't get this "anchor" stuff, like you're playing one character and an assist. My second character is as much important as the first. Since you tag all the time there isn't really first and second.
noun /ˈaNGkər/ 
anchors, plural

A heavy object attached to a rope or chain and used to moor a vessel to the sea bottom, typically one having a metal shank with a ring at one end for the rope and a pair of curved and/or barbed flukes at the other

A person or thing that provides stability or confidence in an otherwise uncertain situation
- the European Community is the economic anchor of the New Europe
your anchor is the character that rounds out your play, it doesn't imply that the character is worse.

impact

Banned

Some characters are much better as anchor. King, for example. Also I always play Vega on point. Good pokes for easy tag ins.

Horseress

The order isn't as important as it is in Marvel or KOF, but matters.

AAK

Last mission in the challenge mode is to beat every single story mode team in the game with one health bar (and you regenerate like 15% after each battle)....

Pretty tedious.

Fuuuuu got to the 2nd last team (Kaz/Nina) and died!! FUUUUUU

EDIT: Done! found an AI hole and abused the hell out of it! Feels dirty though. Pretty much done with all the single player content for this game.

Last mission in the challenge mode is to beat every single story mode team in the game with one health bar (and you regenerate like 15% after each battle)....

Pretty tedious.

EDIT: Done! found an AI hole and abused the hell out of it! Feels dirty though. Pretty much done with all the single player content for this game.
the cpu is free to frame traps and cross-ups. they never tech roll, so vortex is completely possible. in terms of how to get in, a lot of them do unsafe moves at mid-range, so just bait it and punish.

Pretty tedious.

To do stuff like that I always use Gief.. SPD, green hand, SPD etc.

or lariat constantly, your choice

Vanilla SF4 days gave me those bright ideas

impact

Banned
lawd

W0PE9.jpg

I shall never tire of sending unsightly souls to the afterlife.

Myomoto

Why would you ever use the gems that cut incoming damage by 10% when you can get a gem with the same duration and activation criteria that just cuts 100 damage flat on each hit

Also, what the fuck is up with gems 47 and 48? Both have the exact same effect of cutting incoming damage by 20%, they activate by the same criteria, have the same duration, but 47 cuts YOUR damage by 10% as well. The only use I see is using both of them at the same time...

the cpu is free to frame traps and cross-ups. they never tech roll, so vortex is completely possible. in terms of how to get in, a lot of them do unsafe moves at mid-range, so just bait it and punish.

If you throw Raven's projectile while he's airborne the CPU will usually manage to jump INTO it, because it is seemingly trying to jump over what it thinks is a projectile that travels across the ground.

supahkiwi

Banned
1.02 version update is live on the PSN.

It's 20 MB, but I'm not sure what's in it.

EDIT: Looks like it's the Simple Gem Selection Unit. Gonna test out the online to see how the sound bug is going.

Why would you ever use the gems that cut incoming damage by 10% when you can get a gem with the same duration and activation criteria that just cuts 100 damage flat on each hit
its not 100 damage each hit, its 100 damage total. i think a better word would be a 100 damage shield or absorption. that being said, 10% reduction means you need to take 1000 damage to equal the same amount, which sounds a bit ridiculous considering most characters have around 1000 hp. so in any case, its still not as good. i haven't bothered to test this because i'd rather just use the fortitude gems, but i would like to think that the reduction kicks in before scaling. so a 500 damage combo isn't reduced by 50, but rather 10% of whatever the amount of unscaled damage it would've done.

also, its important to note that when the dlc gems release. lv2 and lv3 fortitudes are 130 and 160. compared to the lv2 and lv3 iron wall gems which are 20% and 30%. 30% reduction sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Also, what the fuck is up with gems 47 and 48? Both have the exact same effect of cutting incoming damage by 20%, they activate by the same criteria, have the same duration, but 47 cuts YOUR damage by 10% as well. The only use I see is using both of them at the same time...
yes, that is likely the reason; gem stacking.

If you throw Raven's projectile while he's airborne the CPU will usually manage to jump INTO it, because it is seemingly trying to jump over what it thinks is a projectile that travels across the ground.
yup yups, same with akuma's air fireball.

At least his EX snake strike doesn't do super combo levels of damage in this game :lol

OMG, I still remember that shit. Jumping round house into EX Snake Strike = 370 damage. Losing the air to air to Rufus in Vanilla SF4 was much scarier than anything in SFxT for the cost of 1 bar. You have no back up character to tag in.

Shouta

its not 100 damage each hit, its 100 damage total. i think a better word would be a 100 damage shield or absorption. that being said, 10% reduction means you need to take 1000 damage to equal the same amount, which sounds a bit ridiculous considering most characters have around 1000 hp. so in any case, its still not as good. i haven't bothered to test this because i'd rather just use the fortitude gems, but i would like to think that the reduction kicks in before scaling. so a 500 damage combo isn't reduced by 50, but rather 10% of whatever the amount of unscaled damage it would've done.

also, its important to note that when the dlc gems release. lv2 and lv3 fortitudes are 130 and 160. compared to the lv2 and lv3 iron wall gems which are 20% and 30%. 30% reduction sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

The more damage you take, the better the Iron Wall gems will be over fortitude ones. It's pretty good for when you want to go in and you'll know it's messy or if someone has a power gem and you want to counteract the boost from it. And yeah, the level 2 Forts are 130 and 160. The 20% Iron Wall alone is as good as the level 2 and 3 Forts in the long run. The 30% is even better.

Additionally, the Fort gems occasionally have more offensive activations meaning you can end up activating it and not using it before it runs out.

laaame

How you activate the gems dial system?! It said to just push triangle, but dosn't work here

Go to the gem select screen after you pick your character and tap left to get an empty gem loadout. From there you can press triangle to choose your gems.

Is it me or does the gem selection seem like it would take just as long the other way? You have to scroll through every number just to find your gem so if you were to pick gems in the 100s (like meter gems) then it will take at least 2-4 mins. So much for the tournament patch...

Horseress

Ok, just played 3 matches, I was afraid too about the netcode getting worse with the sound improvement, but so far so good....
Sound is perfect, not that much lag (I'm from Brazil, internet here isnt good at all), well playable...sounds great!

Go to the gem select screen after you pick your character and tap left to get an empty gem loadout. From there you can press triangle to choose your gems.

Is it me or does the gem selection seem like it would take just as long the other way? You have to scroll through every number just to find your gem so if you were to pick gems in the 100s (like meter gems) then it will take at least 2-4 mins. So much for the tournament patch...

I think they said the L/R triggers should skip through numbers faster?

Xevren

Maybe my net is having a good day, but the game feels incredible online. Before today the game felt like a piece of shit online, matches aren't that laggy.

Horseress

Thats working for everyone?! In all modes? Training, Arcade, Network? I can't make it work.... ¬¬

No 3º spot on the gems unit with empty blocks...

Someone messaged me after I won a match saying if I knew how to play without juggles. He was actually mad I used the games main mechanics. He was ryu/ken though

zlatko

Banned
God damn I felt good tonight. Beat my buddy like 15 to 4 or some shit using Kazuya/Heiachi.

One match in particular he was bout to win, but both of my 20% power gems activated and I got a neutral round house, crouch fierce ex hook, crouch fierce, super. Good bye almost 900 health.

Hitting EWGF's too online.

Feels good man.

impact

Banned
Lots of really bad frame rollback. In general after patching, anything that isn't four bars was unplayable. I hatechu Capcom.

impact

Banned
Central, 30/5, searching same area. AE and 3rd Strike run amazing for me, this game is just horrible online. Seems to have gotten worse from the patch but maybe it was just a coincidence.

LakeEarth

I hate rollbacks worse than lag.

Anyone else figure out good moves to alpha counter? Everyone knows Rolento's rekkas. Juri's pinwheel is almost as easy, as are Vega's roll and Rufus' tornado. I love timing it to blow up tag cancels.

Xevren

Lots of really bad frame rollback. In general after patching, anything that isn't four bars was unplayable. I hatechu Capcom.

Are you still doing endless for playing? I tried ranked/endless and ranked always felt better for me, and your connection is better than mine.

Shouta

Man, been a little while since I played and I forgot how stupid the pokes are for the street fighter characters and a few of the Tekken ones. I swear, no one actually put any thought into compensating for that shit on the characters that don't get them.

impact

Banned
Are you still doing endless for playing? I tried ranked/endless and ranked always felt better for me, and your connection is better than mine.

I did some ranked and it was horrible outside of the two four bars I got. Three bars used to be playable :(

Morris

Disco Devil
I kind of really hate playing Ranked now. I'm closing in on 6k BP, I always search for same skill and occasionally more skilled. I keep getting people who only mash LP into ABC launcher into some lame combo (like lp, lp, cr mk, special/super/cross art). All day every fucking day. It's kinda infuriating.

Like, JESUS CHRIST CAN YOU AT LEAST DO A COMBO OR A LINK OR SOMETHING?

I don't even lose to that kind of stuff, I just don't find it fun to play against people who only know the abc and nothing more, and that's all I seem to get matched against.

</salt>

Top Bottom