• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Horseress

The counter to anyone who says the game isn't being played properly is: "Why didn't you win Evo?" If someone knows the secret, correct way to play this game, surely they'd like some free money?

That's a harsh thing to say, I don't live anywhere close to Vegas, so that's why I didn't won Evo ^^

Evo isn't a measurement for SFxT tech. It's a measurement for who is the best at the game.

Not in this Evo. First, it was 2v2, even JWong was pissed that this game wasn't 1v1, and I can agree with him, I prefer to play my competitive games alone, creating my techniques and don't depending on anyone else, and it makes the game not look that serious, Evo staff gave away their hope on the game too early and make it look like 2v2 was the only hope for it, which is totally untrue.
About the level of the matches, you can look at some replay channels on YouTube and you will see better matches, just because people online like this game and are learning how to play it properly, not just a bunch of top players playing a game they don't like just for the money, like the majority of the cases.

J10

Banned
I've been staring at the VS screen waiting for a match to start for ten minutes. This has been happening a lot lately.

Also, there is an endless sea of A+ Hugos.

That's a harsh thing to say, I don't live anywhere close to Vegas, so that's why I didn't won Evo ^^
You don't understand. If you know the right way to play, then Evo is free money, and thus worth taking time off of work/school and buying a plane ticket to earn a lot of cash. There's no excuse at all for not going if you are that confident that there is some secret "right way" to be playing this game that no one else is doing that you know about.

About the level of the matches, you can look at some replay channels on YouTube and you will see better matches, just because people online like this game and are learning how to play it properly, not just a bunch of top players playing a game they don't like just for the money, like the majority of the cases.
Why do all of those amazing online warriors hate free money? :-(

Nyoro SF

It's really amazing what I am hearing here from these players. The "right way" to play this game is the "winning way". Judging from what I am seeing online from ssf4evo, people are playing this game the right way, and it shows in just how tedious the matches are. There's no magical "right way" that will suddenly open this game up. It needs work from the developers to turn it into a good game, so the earlier you admit that the better off you are.

Also gems won't fix this game; after watching hundreds of online matches with Boost Gem users fighting each other I noticed gems do one of two things.

1) Nothing.
2) Make dumb strategies even dumber.

DP Tag Cancel into Tekken combo? Not only did you get tagged by an extremely fast, invincible special that leads on a big unscaled damage starter, but the opponent just activated some power gems and now you are fucked.

Put three fortitude gems on Hugo or Zangief? Welcome to hell.

Gems aren't a magical solution. They're an aggravating enabler of extra gimmicks. Ther'es no magical land where counterpicking gems will create tense situations (look at the way the online handles the gem presentation, you can't even see your opponent's gem choices!)

J10

Banned
360. This is the longest stretch I've experienced. Usually it only lasts 2-3- minutes, but it's been happening more and more frequently the past couple of weeks. Almost two hours now. And it's not the box that's frozen because I can navigate the guide just fine.

LakeEarth

I've been staring at the VS screen waiting for a match to start for ten minutes. This has been happening a lot lately.

Also, there is an endless sea of A+ Hugos.

I've seen that happen before. No idea what causes it. I once waited for 2 minutes, and then the fight started normally, with no lag.

It's really amazing what I am hearing here from these players. The "right way" to play this game is the "winning way". Judging from what I am seeing online from ssf4evo, people are playing this game the right way, and it shows in just how tedious the matches are. There's no magical "right way" that will suddenly open this game up. It needs work from the developers to turn it into a good game, so the earlier you admit that the better off you are.
sentinel is god tier and mvc3 is so scrubby.

before you go off on me, i love both games, and i do think sfxt is boring to watch more than x-factor is broken in mvc3.

people in this thread are taking the "no one" in "no one is playing this game properly" much too literally. yes, there are tons of people playing this game "right" and yes those matches are still very often boring to watch.

i honestly think however that sfxt "died" because of the other factors, i.e gems. the core gameplay, while it can most certainly improve, is good "enough" to not be shat on in every single thread. the more people that shit on sfxt the more people you will get defending the game using the argument that they're simply not playing the game right. its not that literally "no one" is playing the game right. its unfortunate that the game died before it was even given a chance.

j10 said:
Pooped, showered, had a sandwich, and still sitting at the VS screen. Amazing.
maybe some glitch? it sucks, but why not just restart your game?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
360. This is the longest stretch I've experienced. Usually it only lasts 2-3- minutes, but it's been happening more and more frequently the past couple of weeks. Almost two hours now. And it's not the box that's frozen because I can navigate the guide just fine.

LOL, why did you not restart the game after a few minutes?

SUPARSTARX

Games should cater to the players first, not the stream viewers. Tekken 6 is a pretty good game but it's boring to watch. there's plenty of mechanics in the game that don't really get taken advantage of; that's where a lot of the claims of people playing wrong come from.

The game isn't dead. There's just a very vocal base of players. There were a plenty of people playing sfxt at a bar last night fire a fighting game meet. Not that they represent everyone, but it goes to show that there is a base of supporters because the game is very enjoyable in its current state.

Now the argument can be made that because it's casual and not tournament so it "doesn't matter". most of us fit into that category too, yet the negative support is supposed to matter more than the positive?

I respect everyone having their own opinions, but it's truly ridiculous when people keep nit picking things they haven't explored through enough with the game and keep repeating the same banter on all the websites.

Another week to two for the balance patch. Bring it. I want more Tekken characters to dominate.

Tizoc

Anyone got tips to using Law? I really like his combos in this game, but damn is doing Cr. MP-->HCF+K a pain when the game registers it as QCB+K =_=

Booter

what DLC characters is everyone looking forward to?

Jack-X looks kind of incredible. I love those combos where he smashes the ground and sends the enemy in the air over and over.

I'm interested in Elena, not sure why though. I guess cus she's from SF3 and hasn't been in anything else, the rarity factor.

Horseress

Anyone got tips to using Law? I really like his combos in this game, but damn is doing Cr. MP-->HCF+K a pain when the game registers it as QCB+K =_=
I do 2 strongs + HCF+strong, to ground bounce, then or I tag the other char (Guile in my case) or finish the combo with HCB+kick or some swag stuff

Lars/Alisa/Dudley/Cody the most, but I'll try them all

Ken

Alisa because she's cute.

BTW are all the costumes to be released already released? I want to buy all the characters and costumes in one go and never think about it again.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

Jack-X looks kind of incredible. I love those combos where he smashes the ground and sends the enemy in the air over and over.

I'm interested in Elena, not sure why though. I guess cus she's from SF3 and hasn't been in anything else, the rarity factor.

I'm looking forward to trying everyone on the Tekken side. On the Capcom side it's pretty much just Elena...would have preferred more characters that weren't already in SSF4.

J10

Banned
LOL, why did you not restart the game after a few minutes?

Just to see how long it would last. I had other stuff to do around the house, so it wasn't a big to deal to just let it sit there. It eventually sent me back to the menu and I lost 112BP even though I didn't quit.

Sayah

You don't understand. If you know the right way to play, then Evo is free money, and thus worth taking time off of work/school and buying a plane ticket to earn a lot of cash. There's no excuse at all for not going if you are that confident that there is some secret "right way" to be playing this game that no one else is doing that you know about.

Hey, people have school/work/family obligations. Can't just get a plane ticket and get up and leave for EVO. And what about international players? What if they don't have a passport or visa? I also don't think EVO is a measurement for who the best player is because not all the best players are there.

Games should cater to the players first, not the stream viewers.

I endorse this statement.

stn

Are we allowed to post videos of the DLC characters? I played against them in a random player room for the first time...

SUPARSTARX

Wished the auto block gems were removed, but the nerfs are about as good as it can get I guess.

Online play MIGHT be redeemed after this.

Horseress

Wished the auto block gems were removed, but the nerfs are about as good as it can get I guess.

Online play MIGHT be redeemed after this.

I think it's great now, nothing costs less than one bar, and if you defend (or not) an attack, it will cost at least one bar, which means auto guard SUCKS ASS now!

1118013_o.gif

Galdelico

Any word about if we're gonna get the 12 new challengers AND their Crossover alternate outfits, in case we've already bought the first complete pack of alt costumes?

Or is it gonna be:
- DLC with the 12 new fighters
- DLC with the remaining 12 Crossover outfits
- DLC(s?) with the complete second batch of 50 Crossover outfits (the ones that were leaked months ago)
?

hertog

Finally I can play with Blanka. I don't care how low-tier he will be, I'll feel so good trolling all those Ken/Ryu teams online. ugh.

Top Bottom