• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

stn

Nice combos but you really should reconsider meter usage; if you can do 300~400+ damage with 1 stock it'd be much better, and IMHO much more interesting to see.

With that team there's really only one option for meterless damage:

J. hp > st. mk xx FP Windmill > (TAG) > st. fp xx lk Tatsu > FP SRK

Will do 300-ish, only wastes one bar for the tag. But there's not much else that I can think of, though this is a fantastic go-to combo.

hertog

Wow, King is shitty :(

Tried him all this time and I've had so much more succes today with Rolento and Kuma.
2 characters I've never used a lot, but they actually work in this game.

Horseress

Tried him all this time and I've had so much more succes today with Rolento and Kuma.

Rolento/King is a good team, and I don't know how Kuma can be better than King, but if it fits you, ok then

he just plays a lil bit differently than a typical grappler. i feel that maybe they were trying to compensate the fact that he can easily go through fireballs, which is usually a problem for grapplers. only thing is that this game isn't that fireball spam heavy.

he's pretty slow, pretty unsafe, but does good damage at least. i put him 2nd as a tag cancel combo ender, which then gives me a chance for oki.

Tizoc

Can't wait for the $20 unlock. Unfortunatly I am serious.

Hey I bought all 3 KoF XIII Locked characters Day 1; 3 characters for around $13. 7 for $20 doesn't sound all that bad in my book~
Heck I'ma do the maths for ya:
KoF XIII, you would pay an average of $4~5 per character if you wanted to get them all, with SFxT, you're paying an average of $1.50~3 per character

IronLich

Anyone on PSN feel free to add me. Average skill, but I intend to make this my main game on Tuesday.

PSN: RADRAD1985

Alisa/Nina is the plan. Looking over some footage of Alisa, and she has very little in terms of Tekken combos. The only Target Combos she has are ones that link into CHAINSAWS. She's more of a Street Fighter character, and that's still ok with me.

hertog

How would people here change certain characters?

I already posted in this thread what I would change about King:

- Make his giant swing a normal commandthrow with a damage nerf
- Shining Wizard should be an overhead strike into a throw (like his RASC)
- I'd change his reversal in back HP/MP or HK/MK, because he has some much overlap in his specials.
- I'd remove his shortcut for his RASC (downback, downback, punch) for the same overlap reasons.
- more invincibility on his jaguarspin so they can't jab you out of your follow-up, and increase the recovery. So King has a better chance to get in, but a higher risk to get punished if the opponent blocks correctly.

stn

Paul
+walkspeed
+give Shredder invincible frames

Ryu
+leave Joudan alone
+leave tatsu alone

Akuma
+leave tatsu alone
+make DF arsenal faster or buff ground fireball
+change misogi input to DB+PPP

Poison
+buff fireball recovery
+give EX rekka more of a juggle function

Ken
+buff normals to compensate for tatsu nerf

Kazuya
+damage reduction

Raven
+nerf jab

Rolento
+nerf jab slightly

hertog

And I'd give shoryuken's a lot more recovery time, the same recovery as a flashkick.
So you can't throw out lp shoryuken's anymore just for the trololololol.

Degen

and so, what could not be settled with Tekken 6's ghetto-ass netcode had moved on to a scrubbier warzone

and it was so.

Sayah

To think, I could have gotten my first win with Pandora. But, of course, the super misses. :/

y'know if this was street fighter 4...

i'm gonna leave it at that sentence fragment. if this was street fighter 4.

Stop comparing SFIV to this gem of a fighter.

Edit: Bright purple neon colors? Really now?

AAK

Dammit, I'm running around playing like a freaking squirrel. Need to relearn this game again.

You fraudulent BEAR!

ugghhhh.... Accidental Pandora :(

Top Bottom