• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

AAK

Yeah GG's everyone. Bryan is pretty cool until you find out that he has NOTHING to cross up with.

Christie is just an enigma so far. Want to see if there is something that can be taken advantage of with her. Wanna figure her out. If nothing fruitful comes up with her I suppose I'll just stick with Hwoarang/Asuka.

Morris

Disco Devil
DOESN'T MATTER HOW TEMPTING ALISA MAY LOOK I WON'T GIVE YOU MY MONEY, CAPCOM.

Obligatory Evo code beg goes here

DR2K

Banned
Elena is too slow, need more time with her. Like how Alisa plays though. Got the game and DLC for 25 total thanks to reward zone points, and coupons.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Wait, so you were just the translator??? My bad.

But still what about Bison's taunt? That was genius, that had to be you. No way the Japanese knew about Raul Julia.

It's writer/translator, really. There's too many things in the Japanese version that just doesn't translate well into English so we had to be very liberal with what we wrote, to the point where the two don't match except in intended meaning.

Man you guys sound like you're having fun, why did I have to get stuck with the PC -absolutely not master race for fighting games- version.

Back to practising my joystick technique since I'm a long time pad player who's just converted. Once I can use the stick I can start to actually learn how to play this game. So far very fond of Asuka and looking for a team that I can use and can get asuka in close. The speed/pacing feels so different to tekken(of course I knew that coming in to this).

Horseress

Man you guys sound like you're having fun, why did I have to get stuck with the PC -absolutely not master race for fighting games- version.

Yea...PC is really not a FG "console", that's why I had to buy a PS3, just for dat fighting crack.

And yes, I'm having a great time with the new characters! Gonna get out of work early today to grind a new team, maybe Law/Brian or maybe Alisa

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Yeah GG's everyone. Bryan is pretty cool until you find out that he has NOTHING to cross up with.

Christie is just an enigma so far. Want to see if there is something that can be taken advantage of with her. Wanna figure her out. If nothing fruitful comes up with her I suppose I'll just stick with Hwoarang/Asuka.

I think you used her alt. stance a little much and left you wide open, but I enjoyed it a lot when we teamed up and had TEAM CAPOEIRA with Christie and Elena. :)

Elena is too slow, need more time with her. Like how Alisa plays though. Got the game and DLC for 25 total thanks to reward zone points, and coupons.

Didn't seem that way to me.

how ridiculously safe is that blanka ball

he lands half a screen away on block

LOL, Blanka is awesome in this game. Will definitely be using and abusing him!

hertog

Got them, and damn Blanka is amazing.

His ex-roll wallbounce is just too good. But for now I can only follow it up with an up-ball.

Xevren

anyone gonna be running a psn lobby today? i'm still a bit on the fence atm on buying them so i need some convincing =/

thoughts on dudley and lei?

Dudley seems pretty ridiculous. Fantastic normals and great specials, great damage too. Haven't had a chance to mess around with Lei yet.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Is there something that details all of the changes? I might actually get back into this game.

Horseress

anyone gonna be running a psn lobby today? i'm still a bit on the fence atm on buying them so i need some convincing =/

thoughts on dudley and lei?

If you liked the game before, you will like it way more now, with the new characters and the end of the shoto domination

Didn't played with Lei yet, but Dudley seems fun! Maximillian did a first impressions video about him, check it out here

Is there something that details all of the changes? I might actually get back into this game.

You can see them here

ShinAmano

The new characters are cool. I probably should not have tested them out in Ranked, but who cares.

It will take a few to get used to them, but I think the only two i had trouble with were Jack and Lei.

hertog

I love this game again. Shoto's are powerless against Blanka.

And Jack is also great with his one hit armor shoulder tackle. They're a pure shoto killing machinebeast :)

Naite

Not really feeling Cody in this version. It's nice that he got a bunch of new links and can confirm stuff off his cr.MK, but his pressure overall seems weaker in this engine. Not a fan of Zonk combos either. Doing the trails that involved EX Zonk nearly gave me a nightmare while trying to get them down on a pad.

Dudley and Guy are really fun. Currently fooling around with Jack. I don't think I'll ever touch Lei because of all his moves and stances.

Tizoc

Gonna have to spend more time with my Elena to learn her combos and pokes. Jack-X has a neat combo at the corner: DP+LPx2-->Super/anything.
Heck I think one can do DP+LPx3, tag out, and go for an extended combo or setup.

hertog

Still can't figure out a good combo for Blanka after a launcher though

Jack-X feels like they crossed Sentinel with Dhalsim

Bryan feels like another Paul thus far, just too slow

Alisa is like a tazmanian devil crossed with gouken :p

hertog

How so? I usually roll with Guile/Sim if I want to win, but Ken is my favorite.

Blanka since SF4 has an answer to all their moves.

you can't jump back and hadouken all day long hoping for a jump in which you can shoryuken

I hate that playstyle, get frustrated and they beat my guile/king team too often with that.
and if they want to attack blanka got his lighting for cross-ups and upball for normal anti-air

Just beat a B+ ranked Ryu/Heihachi combo with Blanka/Jack, with a perfect round.
This game just got so much more fun

AAK

Capcom pretty much screwed Bryan's design completely. Yes he's sadistic but his moves in Tekken were precise, methodical, yet feirce... not wild and loose. They basically made him look like a savage brawler when in reality it's supposed to simply be visceral kickboxing. I don't mind that creative freedom they had with his moves, but his neanderthal walking animation is depressing...
/demands purity!

Interesting thing with Bryan is that his qcb+k pounce (Which doesn't even exist in Tekken) is unblockable. However it's a high move so it whiffs on you if you crouch. Hence if you see him doing it or the super version on you from full screen and there's no way you can jump out of it's trajectory in time, just duck. And yeah, having 0 moves (from what I tested) that crossup in a 2D game is an ugly handicap as well. At least he can combo off of his f+mp overhead.

As for Christie... she doesn't seem to be very good. From my experimentation:

None of her specials appear have any use from long range so you have to always be in their face to get damage. And to get any sort of legitimate damage (unless you are good at linking) you pretty much start with d+lp,mk and then cancel into her specials.

I can't even get her ground bounce hcb+p move to ever work in a combo. Her other ground bounce move is j.mp but again you need meter to come in from a tag cancel to get to use it.

She has NO way of comboing from an overhead from neutral stance unless again you use meter for the EXhcb+p. The other overheads are at the end of one of her Tekken strings which can only do 80 damage which doesn't knockdown either and can only be mixed up with a low ender instead which does the same amount of damage. And another overhead from her handstand stance which also only does around 100 damage and there always is a delay before the overhead from that stance comes out so you can easily expect it. There's not much reason to block high against her.

Cr.hp is the only option for anti-airing, nothing else, not even her lvl3.

All the juciy damage from the trials really isn't feasible in the match considering they all exhaust all 3 bars of her meter. I guess I'll just wait and see what other people out there can discover with her before abandoning her completely. At least all of her moves are built off from her moves in Tekken so I'm glad they were faithful somewhat with that.

GrayFoxPL

Capcom pretty much screwed Bryan's design completely. Yes he's sadistic but his moves in Tekken were precise, methodical, yet feirce... not wild and loose. They basically made him look like a savage brawler when in reality it's supposed to simply be visceral kickboxing. I don't mind that creative freedom they had with his moves, but his neanderthal walking animation is depressing...
/demands purity!

Interesting thing with Bryan is that his qcb+k pounce (Which doesn't even exist in Tekken) is unblockable. However it's a high move so it whiffs on you if you crouch. Hence if you see him doing it or the super version on you from full screen and there's no way you can jump out of it's trajectory in time, just duck. And yeah, having 0 moves (from what I tested) that crossup in a 2D game is an ugly handicap as well. At least he can combo off of his f+mp overhead.

As for Christie... she doesn't seem to be very good. From my experimentation:

None of her specials appear have any use from long range so you have to always be in their face to get damage. And to get any sort of legitimate damage (unless you are good at linking) you pretty much start with d+lp,mk and then cancel into her specials.

I can't even get her ground bounce hcb+p move to ever work in a combo. Her other ground bounce move is j.mp but again you need meter to come in from a tag cancel to get to use it.

She has NO way of comboing from an overhead from neutral stance unless again you use meter for the EXhcb+p. The other overheads are at the end of one of her Tekken strings which can only do 80 damage which doesn't knockdown either and can only be mixed up with a low ender instead which does the same amount of damage. And another overhead from her handstand stance which also only does around 100 damage and there always is a delay before the overhead from that stance comes out so you can easily expect it. There's not much reason to block high against her.

Cr.hp is the only option for anti-airing, nothing else, not even her lvl3.

All the juciy damage from the trials really isn't feasible in the match considering they all exhaust all 3 bars of her meter. I guess I'll just wait and see what other people out there can discover with her before abandoning her completely. At least all of her moves are built off from her moves in Tekken so I'm glad they were faithful somewhat with that.

Thanks for the write up.
From the vids it kinda looked for me like they fucked up Bryan similar to Raven aka didn't get the point.

Sad to hear Christie is shit.

Could you look up Lars and Jack?

I'm on a fence whenever to get the dlc or pass up.

hertog

Thanks for the write up.
From the vids it kinda looked for me like they fucked up Bryan similar to Raven aka didn't get the point.

Haven't tested out Lars that much.

Jack-X is plain awesome, but nothing like his tekken incarnation.
He's a giant zoner that wants to be at the edge of the screen waiting for his opponents to make a mistake.

Xevren

Only good thing I see so far for Christie is her cr mp. If it was special cancellable it would be amazing like Julia's cr mk. So if you're good at whiff punishing you can at least go into chains or into ex combo's with it I guess. Just being an optimist.

AAK

Thanks for the write up.

Jack is just awesome (fun) in this game. I'm not a fan of characters that have slow mobility in fighting games in general. But man, Jack can hover by double jumping and then press down during the hover to do his pancake slam. when I saw that I was in love just because it's finally something unique not seen in SF4 at all. I didn't practice him completely but it's also cool how he has a C. Viper's seismo which you can tag cancel out of for a combo! I was playing Degen before and his DP is his f,f+2 from Tekken... and he could land like 3 in a row. It was pretty hilarious yet awesome to watch, LOL.

You know how I feel about Lars from Tekken so I haven't touched him LOL. But from watching a couple vids he has Adon's jaguar tooth which looks like his u/f+4. and they implemented a lot of his moves pretty faithfully from Tekken, his super looks like his b+2+3 unblockable and his dragon kick motion does his u/f+3, his cr.hp is his FC,d/f+1+2, and he has his dynamic entry stance. So it's cool to see how his major moves from Tekken all got translated pretty nicely :) But in the end though, he pretty much plays just like an SF character.

Haven't played Alisa either, but she looks like a cool zoner. And Lei walks about as slow as Yoshimitsu and has the most pathetic excuse of a dash/backdash... when I realized that I just said "screw this".

If you have anything specific you'd like me to look up I'll do that :)

GrayFoxPL

Jack is just awesome (fun) in this game. I'm not a fan of characters that have slow mobility in fighting games in general. But man, Jack can hover by double jumping and then press down during the hover to do his pancake slam. when I saw that I was in love just because it's finally something unique not seen in SF4 at all. I didn't practice him completely but it's also cool how he has a C. Viper's seismo which you can tag cancel out of for a combo! I was playing Degen before and his DP is his f,f+2 from Tekken... and he could land like 3 in a row. It was pretty hilarious yet awesome to watch, LOL.

You know how I feel about Lars from Tekken so I haven't touched him LOL. But from watching a couple vids he has Adon's jaguar tooth which looks like his u/f+4. and they implemented a lot of his moves pretty faithfully from Tekken, his super looks like his b+2+3 unblockable and his dragon kick motion does his u/f+3, his cr.hp is his FC,d/f+1+2, and he has his dynamic entry stance. So it's cool to see how his major moves from Tekken all got translated pretty nicely :) But in the end though, he pretty much plays just like an SF character.

Haven't played Alisa either, but she looks like a cool zoner. And Lei walks about as slow as Yoshimitsu and has the most pathetic excuse of a dash/backdash... when I realized that I just said "screw this".

If you have anything specific you'd like me to look up I'll do that :)

Hey, thanks for all the info.
I don't like Lars in Tekken too, but SxT lacks some of my favorite chars so I'll take anything.

Jack sounds like a beast!

Hate Alisa.

Is Bryan ff+2 match punch as fast as in Tekken?

Do you think it's worth to buy the dlc? I kinda wanted it only for Bryan, Lei, Christie and Guy.

Xevren

I like Lei quite a bit, he has great normals and his specials are nice. His crouching mp is like Ryu's, so easy to combo and can go into his qcb k rekka's. His mobility is so asstastic though, and using his stances is just kind of awkward.

Although his walk forward is hilarious in tiger stance. Looks like some sort of weird titty grabbing animation.

AAK

Sorry for the late reply.

Hey, thanks for all the info.
I don't like Lars in Tekken too, but SxT lacks some of my favorite chars so I'll take anything.

Been fiddling against the AI with him and he's a rushdown beast actually. You can repeatedly do silent entry mixups over and over again and it's so frantic I have no clue what's going on. I can almost say it felt like I was dealing with an El Fuerte almost with the amount of command dashing he was doing on the screen

Jack sounds like a beast!

Definitely have to give it up to Ayano and his team for this character, well made so far

Hate Alisa.

She's annoying here too, have no idea how to block when she goes into Destroy form.

Is Bryan ff+2 match punch as fast as in Tekken?

Yeah, it's pretty fast. Damn good whiff punisher

Do you think it's worth to buy the dlc? I kinda wanted it only for Bryan, Lei, Christie and Guy.

Depends on how you liked the game. I overall enjoyed the game design while I know a good majority of people hate it. It does suck to watch, but I really enjoy playing it. And I think Bryan while looking like a retard, is definitely fun to play. I don't think we'll too much of him in tournament play though. Christie while so far looks like bottom feed tier she has a playstyle I enjoy and I think I'll stick with her for now. I know there's fun to be had if I'm patient. Haven't tested the SF characters yet. But if you didn't enjoy SFxT, then I'd say not to bother personally and only invest once they have patched the game to your liking.

GrayFoxPL

Thanks for all AAK!

I do like the game. Dlc sounds pretty decent.

Thinking just if reasonable to break T6 training and give SFxT a run again or not. Tag2 soon, that'll take all my time for sure.

Spruchy

Played against a Lars online, he was going nuts.

Have to admit, I had fun playing after a while even if I was scrubby as hell.

Top Bottom