• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Ecto311

Just put the game in last night and it updated. Then the colors were all shades of green. So I reset the 360 and it fixed the colors but now it says "failed to load the game". Searched and didn't see anything. Anyone know a fix for this on xbox?

Xevren

A peeve of mine in combo videos is how they start them with jump ins, not really all that practical. If your opponent is allowing you to jump in like that then even easy combo's will win anyway.

A peeve of mine in combo videos is how they start them with jump ins, not really all that practical. If your opponent is allowing you to jump in like that then even easy combo's will win anyway.
Ugh, especially when it brags about the damage but starts with something like fly, HS.

Shouta

It's not practical but it's the ideal. That's kind of why predicting the roll and getting the cross-over from a jump is so good if you can get it, leads to huge damage. I think the game is meant to be played riskier but of course it's not promoted that way making it disagreeable for a lot of SF folks.

It's not practical but it's the ideal. That's kind of why predicting the roll and getting the cross-over from a jump is so good if you can get it, leads to huge damage. I think the game is meant to be played riskier but of course it's not promoted that way making it disagreeable for a lot of SF folks.

That jump in combo is a good punish for when the other player raw tags. Though I would probably just do a second zonk instead of wasting the 2 bars for a little extra damage.

It's really hard to play risky in this game since shorts/jabs are so good and lead to decent damage due to the chain into launcher. Much easier to win by playing lame.

Xevren

In combo vids? Not really. Yeah even if they roll it can be a little different to block them but it's not THAT hard.

How many people here play on xbl? Been playing on it lately and it feels great, wouldn't mind playing some people if anyone would want to.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
In combo vids? Not really. Yeah even if they roll it can be a little different to block them but it's not THAT hard.

How many people here play on xbl? Been playing on it lately and it feels great, wouldn't mind playing some people if anyone would want to.

I'm up for it....nobody on my XBL FL plays the game anymore.

Xevren

I'm up for it....nobody on my XBL FL plays the game anymore.

Sure just send me a friend request. I think I have you on PSN too, but I just find it better online on xbl. Xevren11 is my gt, don't have a mic as of yet since I can't seem to get anything to work with the Qanba.

stn

Most damaging combos start off of a jump-in, its been like that since forever. A jump-in in SF2 was highly rewarding, yet much harder to land due to intense keep-away mechanics. Nowadays I'd say its much easier to jump.

Anyway, the point of the vid was merely to show some possibilities and the like. And also to create content for a game that does not have a very involved user-base (some of the SRK forums are completely vacant).

I certainly didn't mean to "brag"--as one person put it--about the video. Just trying to share what I made. Eh.

Nyx

I'm playing on XBL, but I'm probably one of the worst players.
If you don't mind that, nyx1978 is my GT.

GorillaJu

What changed that you're beating Shotos now but weren't before?

Has Hugo been worked on at all or is he still a godlike newb-stomper?

Xevren

Hugo hasn't been touched, as for the shoto's they had some nerfs to their air hurricane kicks and ryu had his donkey kick nerfed a bit. I still beat shoto's before, they're just not as annoying now.

Horseress

What changed that you're beating Shotos now but weren't before?

Has Hugo been worked on at all or is he still a godlike newb-stomper?

I play Law/Bryan now, and I could beat shotos before, but they were clearly better than the rest, because of the tatsus. Now you can have nice fair fights against them, and you don't need to sweat as much as before to win ^^

Tizoc

As a pad player I hate how I mess up Law's Cr. MP-->HCF+K, I sometimes end up with QCB+K =_=. Really wish the command was reveresed; flip kick is QCB+K, Triple kick is DP+K or QCF+K

LakeEarth

As a pad player I hate how I mess up Law's Cr. MP-->HCF+K, I sometimes end up with QCB+K =_=. Really wish the command was reveresed; flip kick is QCB+K, Triple kick is DP+K or QCF+K

I hate some of the shortcuts in this game. If you're doing a HCF, how does a QCB come out? Stupid shortcuts, that's how!

Put on the advance input gem, and notice how this problem stops. I use that gem for King because for some reason they gave his QCB move a db,db shortcut, so you end up getting that move when you mean the crouch jab. Sure, sometimes you'll miss an SRK motion (since your so used to the shortcuts), but it's better than doing the highly punishable qcb+P move during what was supposed to be a block string.

Tizoc

Sucks that you have to waste a gem slot for it.

Eh I'm of the mind set that Gems 'don't do anything', altho the buffs they would offer are appreciated. I really only use 2-3 gem sets:
1- Online 1: 2 Power+1 anti Pandora (+30% def)
2- Online 2/Offline: 2 Meter Gems+1 anti Pandora (+30% def)
3- Casual: 2 Meter gems+Super easy input (-5% attack)

For Law I'll just give him these:
Advance Input+Anti-Pandora+20%+ for attack when you activate super.

LakeEarth

i don't know man, just embrace the shortcuts and tighten up your execution accordingly.

Play King and tell me that there's no problem with qcb+P's shortcut. Thing is on a hair trigger.

Plenty of other characters that I play have qcb+P moves and they don't randomly come out like that one.

Xevren

Play King and tell me that there's no problem with qcb+P's shortcut. Thing is on a hair trigger.

Plenty of other characters that I play have qcb+P moves and they don't randomly come out like that one.

That's weird. Are you a pad or stick player? I haven't had issues like you're describing and I did main King for the longest time.

Does anyone have any advanced Ogre combos?

Yeah, I know the basic ones that are pretty easy to do. The hit confirm combo that ends with Indigo punch, the combos that start with Owl hunt (or standing H punch/kick cancel'd into Owl's Hunt) that you end with Waning move, his basic tag combos, etc.

EDIT: Sorry, too lazy to write out the combos but they're pretty basic.

LakeEarth

That's weird. Are you a pad or stick player? I haven't had issues like you're describing and I did main King for the longest time.

Stick. I know my problem is I always down back even during block strings, and if I flicker a little in my hand it might register db, db... still, it's just a dumb shortcut for a quarter-circle move.

I play King. The QCB elbow comes out very, very, very easily it seems, lol.

Getting back into this. I am really liking Elena. I used her in 3S, so I am biased I guess.

Still using shitty Paul, now with Elena. Dropped King for now. I like how Jack feels as well.

hertog

Damn, those Christie tags were pretty awesome. Jack is so god damn scary. I don't even know how to punish that guy, everything pushes you so far away.

Get close to jack
Start jabbing ,)his quickest attack is 6frames
Repeat
?????????
Profit

Ryu goddamn sweep is faster than Jack's st lk.

Lyte Edge

Get close to jack
Start jabbing ,)his quickest attack is 6frames
Repeat
?????????
Profit

Ryu goddamn sweep is faster than Jack's st lk.

I destroyed a Jack with Blanka last night. Got him in the corner and stopped him from doing anything. It was way, way too easy- as much as I enjoy trolling with him, Blanka needs to be nerfed.

LakeEarth

Sounds like Jack is Dhalsim without the teleport. Sounds frustrating. Probably need to save meter for alpha counters if you play him.

hertog

Sounds like Jack is Dhalsim without the teleport. Sounds frustrating. Probably need to save meter for alpha counters if you play him.

Well he has almost double his HP :)

wait for that one mistake and do 600+ damage. I weaken them with Blanka and send in Jack for the kill.

And instead of teleporting, he's a huge robot that can fly
superrrmann ... :'(

Lyte Edge

He feels quite different to me. I'm not a big Dhalsim fan but like using Jack. He's certainly no grappler, but out of all the "big men" characters I find him the most fun to use.

Top Bottom