• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

AAK

Christie LVL 3 has her headbutt right at you.

Jack X just punches that head with his Megaton Punch. KO. You had to see it to believe it.

Degen

I think that's the second time that happened

lol this team...

edit: hey it's the ryu/ken from the time before the last ryu/ken showed up!

The game kicked me out of AAK's lobby because of too much Jack use

GGs

hertog

Yesterday I named my lobby training with NEW characters.

Still 60%of the people who showed up played Ryu/Ken Ryu/Kazuya.......
Trolled most of them with Blanka and then just booted them out the endless lobby.
What's their obsession with playing bland & boring characters, there are 50+ characters on the roster but still they need that high tier blandness .

Nyx

Yesterday I named my lobby training with NEW characters.

Still 60%of the people who showed up played Ryu/Ken Ryu/Kazuya.......
Trolled most of them with Blanka and then just booted them out the endless lobby.
What's their obsession with playing bland & boring characters, there are 50+ characters on the roster but still they need that high tier blandness .

I think there's a lot of people who enjoy winning more than anything else, so they'll just go for the easiest chars I guess.

Anyway I just bought the 12 new chars, can't wait to get home and try them out. :)

I played against valle's jackx tonight. He makes the character seem ridiculously good with the long normals that are hard to punish and really good uppercut.

Horseress

This video is awesome! Everything you need to know about Bryan!
I didn't knew he can combo his Double Back Knuckle (fierce+jab) with One Two Body Blow (jab+strong+jab) and then cancel the last jab with some special, good stuff!

Xevren

Can anyone here give me some basic BnBs with Lei? I feel so lost using him.

Basically just use his cr mp. If you're up close you can do it 3x and either go into his qcb k rekka's or into a chain combo if you wanted. If you wanted to use meter you can do cr mp, cr mp, cr mp xx qcf+kk, while in back turn do his mk,hk target combo followed by cr mp, cr mp xx dp +hk followed by his kick ender. His crouching mp is ridiculous.

hertog

Jack-X is so awesome, but what the hell can he do to get out of pressure??

First I thought he had some inv. on his ex-uppercut.
And all his normals are SO slow.

Basically just use his cr mp. If you're up close you can do it 3x and either go into his qcb k rekka's or into a chain combo if you wanted. If you wanted to use meter you can do cr mp, cr mp, cr mp xx qcf+kk, while in back turn do his mk,hk target combo followed by cr mp, cr mp xx dp +hk followed by his kick ender. His crouching mp is ridiculous.

Thanks. It's just that the timing after Comet Kick is so fuzzy.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
so far I've seen/fought three people who aren't from Gaf online tonight

a Ryu/Chun
a Ryu/Kaz
and now AAK is fighting a Ryu/Ken

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSI_Pix8Sbw

From my experience post-DLC/patch, it's been tons of Brian Fury users and a lot less shotos.

Also I am finding more matches on PSN than on XBL. Nobody on my 360 friends list is playing SFxTK but several have been back on the game on PS3.

Xevren

I wish I could play this online. I still really like the game, but every match feels really laggy to me. At least on PSN. Going to have access to a fiber connection over the weekend with a 360 so at least I should get some better games in that way.

Tizoc

Jack-X's DP+LP is too good in combos lol.
Does Cody even have any interesting combos? It's like he's there as a point/battery character.
...and holy crap Blanka is FAST.
Guy has a nice 400-ish damage combo at the corner:
Jump HP/HK-->St. HPxxQCB+MP-->Cr. MP, Cr. MPxxQCB+KK

hertog

my verdict on the characters I've tried until now:

Blanka: my main of SF4 has returned stronger than ever. His cross-up, hops, jump-ins and Ex-ball make him a great rushdown character. While his Upball and lightening make him a great turtling character. What he lacks in combo's he makes up in strategy.
Hit and run and when you got that life lead, sit in the corner, eat a sandwich and wait for them to make a mistake.

Dudley: What a beast. Good speed, great specials moves and brutal normals. He's gonna be a player in this game.

Elena: She's just a weird character that's nothing like her SF3 counterpart. She lost her healing and her insane throws. I think she's gonna be a nasty mix-up character with a weird jumping arc, but it's not gonna be enough.

Jack-X: love him. A giant zoning character, Dhalsim on steroids. He's fun and very powerful,but damn does his close range combat suck. Good anchor character but Kazuya, Ryu and Rufus are going to murder you with their normals/combo's.But he does one thing right DAMAGE. Ending a combo with lp DP, lp DP, Super is insane

Sakura: best incarnation ever IMHO. She's made for this game. High damaging and long combo's, good at opening people up and a glass jaw.

Bryan: too combo-heavy for my taste, but better than I first expected. He has potential, but is still pretty slow

Alisa: A very mobile version of Gouken. I like her playstyle, but I don;t know if she's very gimmicky or if she's gonna be legit. She can zone plus attack and I like those characters.

AAK

I've been hearing Lars is easily the best of the new characters. Thoughts? Won't be able to afford them for a while.

Way too early to tell. But from the early looks of it, Cody, Guy, Jack, Dudley all look really good. I can't tell with Lars honestly, a lot of his moves from raw experimentation look punishable but alas that's all I know from a few minutes of playtime. give it a few weeks to figure stuff out then we can make a more certain declaration of where they stand.

Sakura is looking pretty good from what I can see.

Nah. Sakura is fun to play as but she lacks a good mixup that leads to a lot of damage. While she has some long combos that do decent damage, it's just so risky in this game to be right next to an opponent when they can just connect a jab chain into launcher, so it's hard to do the same up close game she has in sf4.

Cody also has a lot of problems getting in on defensive characters. Characters like Dhalsim or Jack-X can just play keep away the whole match and he has a hard time dealing with characters that can apply pressure like Rufus due to the lack of good reversals.

Right now I think Lars, Jack-X, Guy and Blanka have the most potential to be good.

Nyx

Had some games with Bryan last night, pretty cool.
But, I went back to zero BP after losing all matches played, scrub extraordinnaire! :D

hertog

Blanka is all about speed. I'm thinking about using speedgems on him to be extra annoying.
Still his lack of a good tag-in combo after a launcher hurts him.

I've been really enjoying Sakura so far, especially since her tatsu loops are so much easier. I've been going with a punish of j.hp, cl.hp x lk.tatsu, cl.hp x lk.tatsu, st.lk x EX.Tatsu j.mp x lk.air tatsu (LOVE this!). I usually tag in Rufus there, but on occasion I manage to do a cr.hp x lp.shouken after to juggle further, but I'm pretty inconsistent with it.

Does anyone have a decent, consistent combo for her to use when coming in after a launcher? I've been using rather wimpy cl.hp x tatsu, but I read that cl.hp x tatsu charge dash cancel cr.hp x shouken works. I dunno if it's my fat fingers preventing that or just a timing issue.

Still; she's pretty ace. Was disappointed that her anti-air cr.hp isn't SFIV levels of amazing, especially since you can cancel into her otoshi leap thing for juggles. I wanted a Juri-tier anti-air punish. :( Again; might just be mis-timing on my part, but I never landed that cr.hp cancel outside of post EX.tatsu corner juggles.

kodecraft

Cody also has a lot of problems getting in on defensive characters. Characters like Dhalsim or Jack-X can just play keep away the whole match and he has a hard time dealing with characters that can apply pressure like Rufus due to the lack of good reversals.

He's always had this problem.

Does anyone have a decent, consistent combo for her to use when coming in after a launcher? I've been using rather wimpy cl.hp x tatsu, but I read that cl.hp x tatsu charge dash cancel cr.hp x shouken works. I dunno if it's my fat fingers preventing that or just a timing issue.

The timing on the cl.hp x tatsu dash cancel cr. hp seems really tight. Have to connect with the cl. hp pretty early for it to work.

When playing online, I'd just stick with either close hp xx lk tatsu xx lp shoryuken or cl hp xx sakura otoshi when coming in after a launcher. In both cases, have to do the cl hp early so the opponent stays high up in the air.

hertog

Hop into cross art with Blanka is very risky, but a good desperation move.

I really like my Blanka/Jack-X duo. Blanka does all the set-ups. Jack finishes the combo and leaves

Galdelico

I love the scene when Elena and Christie meet up in Arcade Mode... I knew Elena was tall, but never realised she was THAT tall. She's a freaking giant. :eek:

Xevren

Played all day today, I started with Lei/Guy but ended up dropping Lei. He's good but I still have a lot of work to do with him, so went with Abel/Guy and did great. I really love Guy in this.

hertog

I'm having so much fun with my Blanka/Jack Team.

Blanka has great corner pressure, hop shenanigans and a godlike J. HP and a good cross-up.
Seriously I beat all the mishima's clean in air-to-air now.
Jack is there for the damage (I got 683 damage with 2 meters) and for the quick tag-in.

And the chance of pace is so tactical. In your face rushdown with Blanka, and waiting for mistakes with Jack.

Top Bottom