• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

stn

Anyone use Rolento still? Picked him up, fun character to play. Ideally I'd like to make him my main. I was using Akuma but feel like he doesn't excel at keep-away even though its his bread-'n-butter. And his pressure game is not too great.

hertog

Any Jack players in here?:p Too bad DLC chars won't be available at the Capcom tournament in NYC this weekend.

Have him as my anchor.

you can hit a launcher, hit lp uppercur into his hundred handslap and tag him out again for free.

Ifyou got three bars you can do crazy thing like:

jump HK, cl. lp, ex- HHS, lp uppercut into super for around 700 damage :)

SimSimIV

Have him as my anchor.

you can hit a launcher, hit lp uppercur into his hundred handslap and tag him out again for free.

Ifyou got three bars you can do crazy thing like:

jump HK, cl. lp, ex- HHS, lp uppercut into super for around 700 damage :)

I actually put launch->HHS tag cancel to good use with Dhalsim coming in and canceling his run from full screen with a lp fireball, then I can go for teleport mixup on opponent's wake up!

Using Dhalsim on point and Jack on anchor. Main team is Hugo as anchor, but trying to learn Jack!

hertog

Jack is just fun to play, but I'm worried if people get to know him.

But for now they are always surprised when I hit them with a seismo or mix it up with his shoulder tackle. And one bad jump-in and they're toast.

The most meterless damage I can get from him after a launcher is cl. HP XXX HK shouldertackle.
And if your partners launcher makes the first HP too hard, you can go for lk, mp, mp, mp, hp

SimSimIV

Jack is just fun to play, but I'm worried if people get to know him.

But for now they are always surprised when I hit them with a seismo or mix it up with his shoulder tackle. And one bad jump-in and they're toast.

The most meterless damage I can get from him after a launcher is cl. HP XXX HK shouldertackle.
And if your partners launcher makes the first HP too hard, you can go for lk, mp, mp, mp, hp

Actually I think st.lp st.lp c.mp xx tackle does more damage than just HP xx tackle

Tizoc

Alright GAF, I give up; give me ideas for color palletes, I want to make some charas resemble other characters from anime, movies, games, etc.

Alright GAF, I give up; give me ideas for color palletes, I want to make some charas resemble other characters from anime, movies, games, etc.

You could give Sakura Karin's colors.
3u4k5.jpg

GorillaJu

I swear the most frustrating thing about fighting games is knowing exactly what the other guy is going to do, and then just taking it up the ass because you don't know how to fight back. :lol

Getting owned all day long~

Marz

So uh, does Capcom have any further things in the pipeline to try an reignite interest in the game? Not sure if the patch they were talking about has already taken place.

Getting the game in September in that 25th anniversary collection and i'm just hoping that the game isn't completely dead by then as it's being dropped by a lot of tournaments.

AAK

Capcom still has plans to further balance the game. And I'm sure when those balance changes come the people will come back to play some of it.

hertog

Luckily the online community is still big and diverse.
I never have to wait to find opponents online, but I'm afraid that's going to change. :(

nice to see new people are still picking up the game. online is not dead by any means, last i checked.

i'm still not picking up the dlc though. are people still sticking with the new charas? or did they go back to their old ones? i don't think i can give up king, but after seeing combofiend at revelations i'm contemplating marduk. none of the new characters really interest me over either king or marduk.

hertog

nice to see new people are still picking up the game. online is not dead by any means, last i checked.

i'm still not picking up the dlc though. are people still sticking with the new charas? or did they go back to their old ones? i don't think i can give up king, but after seeing combofiend at revelations i'm contemplating marduk. none of the new characters really interest me over either king or marduk.

I really like Jack-X, Blanka, Bryan, Dudley, Elena and Alisa.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Luckily the online community is still big and diverse.
I never have to wait to find opponents online, but I'm afraid that's going to change. :(

Did I ask you what your XBL GT and/or PSN tag is? Let's play sometime since nobody else seems be! :p

It will be interesting to see how this game is affected by TTT2 next month. And even though it will be a small increase, there still will be new people playing the PS3 SFxTK once the Vita version is released...

hertog

Did I ask you what your XBL GT and/or PSN tag is? Let's play sometime since nobody else seems be! :p

It will be interesting to see how this game is affected by TTT2 next month. And even though it will be a small increase, there still will be new people playing the PS3 SFxTK once the Vita version is released...

PSN: Hertogdaan

always up for an endless lobby :)

hertog

DLC grades:

A:

Lars: Combomachine that falls into the just below Kaz tier. So the Heihachi's and Jin's of this game.

Lei: I feel he can be become slighty OP because he has too many options, a real damaging super and I wonder if they balanced out all his moves. But he is so difficult to master.

B+:

Blanka: As in SF4 he has a lot of good and bad match-ups. Thing that hurts him the most is his reduced throw-range, slower forward hop.
But he's still an awesomefootsie character with some good pokes, a great upball and maybe the best airnormals in the game

Alisa: Love her, a better version of Gouken. Slow normals, great keep away game and when she's in destructo-form you'd better NEVER jump in on her.

Sakura: Great assist character. Perfect for tag set-ups and she's still quite the damage queen herself. Lack of health (900 I believe) makes her a lesser option than Ken though.

Jack-X: One of my favourite characters ever in a 2D fighting game. A giant zoner, you want them to be far away from you and you can do your damage from the other side of the screen. Where you expect him to be command-grab based.
You're screwed though when Ryu/Kaz/Rolento/etc is right beside you.

Bryan: Good mobility with his forward dash, Great damaging combo's, slow slow normals. Difficult but rewarding character.

Guy: As boring as a character as he is average

B

Dudley:Great rushdown character, but he lacks a cross-up and range on his normals.

Christie: No idea where to place her, she just feels weird to me with her "floaty" normals.
So I'm just putting her somewhere. So could turn out to be SS-god-tier or something :p

Cody: He has no safe special moves, so prepared to get punished after a bad read.

C

Elena: She has nothing going for her except a weird jump-arc. Weakest of the bunch sadly

Here's a tierlist I made, sadly it doesn't include the DLC characters:

http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/sfx...1Top Tier-x110-d2Low tier-x210-d3-x310-d4-x47
i want to disagree, but then again, this game gets practically no stream time that it's hard for me to make one of my own. i do feel that the game has a lot of undiscovered tech that barely anyone should be below that halfway line, except for maybe paul and yoshi. the only specifics i would change on your list would be to bump up ibuki and marduk. both mike ross and combofiend have placed high using marduk, and ibuki is really just so good tbh even though no one plays her. not many play her in ae either and shes good in that game too. granted theres no vortext in sfxt, they should still be nowhere near yoshi imo. though honestly, i don't even think yoshi is that bad of a character either.

DLC grades:

A:

Lars: Combomachine that falls into the just below Kaz tier. So the Heihachi's and Jin's of this game.

Lei: I feel he can be become slighty OP because he has too many options, a real damaging super and I wonder if they balanced out all his moves. But he is so difficult to master.

B+:

Blanka: As in SF4 he has a lot of good and bad match-ups. Thing that hurts him the most is his reduced throw-range, slower forward hop.
But he's still an awesomefootsie character with some good pokes, a great upball and maybe the best airnormals in the game

Alisa: Love her, a better version of Gouken. Slow normals, great keep away game and when she's in destructo-form you'd better NEVER jump in on her.

Sakura: Great assist character. Perfect for tag set-ups and she's still quite the damage queen herself. Lack of health (900 I believe) makes her a lesser option than Ken though.

Jack-X: One of my favourite characters ever in a 2D fighting game. A giant zoner, you want them to be far away from you and you can do your damage from the other side of the screen. Where you expect him to be command-grab based.
You're screwed though when Ryu/Kaz/Rolento/etc is right beside you.

Bryan: Good mobility with his forward dash, Great damaging combo's, slow slow normals. Difficult but rewarding character.

Guy: As boring as a character as he is average

B

Dudley:Great rushdown character, but he lacks a cross-up and range on his normals.

Christie: No idea where to place her, she just feels weird to me with her "floaty" normals.
So I'm just putting her somewhere. So could turn out to be SS-god-tier or something :p

Cody: He has no safe special moves, so prepared to get punished after a bad read.

C

Elena: She has nothing going for her except a weird jump-arc. Weakest of the bunch sadly

Cody is one of the best dlc characters. His c. Lk has good range and is fast. He can also do a lot of damage with his bingo combos. Also a plus is his two hit overhead that can be used to tag out for big damage.

Sakura is terrible. Her tatsus are unsafe on block and her pokes have poor range. Damage output is also nothing special. Lacks her reset game from sf4 due to this game's juggle system.

hertog

i want to disagree, but then again, this game gets practically no stream time that it's hard for me to make one of my own. i do feel that the game has a lot of undiscovered tech that barely anyone should be below that halfway line, except for maybe paul and yoshi. the only specifics i would change on your list would be to bump up ibuki and marduk. both mike ross and combofiend have placed high using marduk, and ibuki is really just so good tbh even though no one plays her. not many play her in ae either and shes good in that game too. granted theres no vortext in sfxt, they should still be nowhere near yoshi imo. though honestly, i don't even think yoshi is that bad of a character either.

Didn't really look at the line, just placed them in order, some character feels only slightly better than others.

And I just love discussing tierlists :) and I think you're right about Ibuki.

hertog

Cody is one of the best dlc characters. His c. Lk has good range and is fast. He can also do a lot of damage with his bingo combos. Also a plus is his two hit overhead that can be used to tag out for big damage.

Sakura is terrible. Her tatsus are unsafe on block and her pokes have poor range. Damage output is also nothing special. Lacks her reset game from sf4 due to this game's juggle system.

bingo combo's are quite a bitch to use online.
And his specials just feel bad, haven't explored his overhead though.

bingo combo's are quite a bitch to use online.
And his specials just feel bad, haven't explored his overhead though.

An online tierlist would be different from an offline one. Hugo, Zangief, and Kazuya are much better online than they are offline since it's so hard to react to things with the lag and rollbacks.

hertog

wow,

2 great Jack-x gems. partner connects with 2 launchers +20% damage and 20% damage on his super.

Launcher, lp uppercut, cl. hp xxx super for so much easy damage.

hertog

An online tierlist would be different from an offline one. Hugo, Zangief, and Kazuya are much better online than they are offline since it's so hard to react to things with the lag and rollbacks.

Well sorry about that, but this is a online tier-list based on my own experience :)
It was not meant as the absolute truth but as a discussion starter. You're welcome to post your own.

Guy boring?

He's still got his speed from SF4 right? How's his pressure game?

Guy definitely has potential. His jumping down elbow can cross up opponents. Unfortunately the new characters are banned in the capcom tournaments so he'll probably stay unexplored.

Xevren

Guy definitely has potential. His jumping down elbow can cross up opponents. Unfortunately the new characters are banned in the capcom tournaments so he'll probably stay unexplored.

While it's nice it can cross up, it doesn't hit airborne opponents which sucks.

IpKaiFung

They were only banned in the Austin and NYC ones. They are allowed in the remaining tournaments.

They were only banned in the Austin and NYC ones. They are allowed in the remaining tournaments.

Do you have a source for that? The rule sheet on streetfighter25.com just says they are banned but also that rules are subject to change. Though I wouldn't doubt them changing things around given how they chose to use classic mode in hd remix without much notice.

If dlc characters are allowed in the Los Angeles tournament, I'll definitely have to consider using jack x.

IpKaiFung

Do you have a source for that? The rule sheet on streetfighter25.com just says they are banned but also that rules are subject to change. Though I wouldn't doubt them changing things around given how they chose to use classic mode in hd remix without much notice.

If dlc characters are allowed in the Los Angeles tournament, I'll definitely have to consider using jack x.

http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo3/b/323911909 go to 52:10

hertog

Together with a friend, we make a truely awesome Zangief/Jack-X combo.

Russian Space Technology :)

If Gief hits his launcher 2 times and Jack got his super, 40% damageboost ftw. I just love gems.

Top Bottom