• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Oh dear, it seems SFxT is being dropped from WNF next season

http://www.levelup-series.com/wnftrb-season-4-6-scr-update/

Guess I should have been going considering I live ~20 miles away from Super Arcade

g8NB1.png

Fraeon

Wow, looking at some Ryan Hunter's, Tatsu's and Alex Valle's match videos and I'm actually kind of miffed at Capcom's business decisions. 1.06 looks surprisingly solid and I'd really like to play some more (despite the fact that some all time SF/Tekken favourites are in there) but I can't really justify plopping down the money to buy the DLC characters.

Tizoc

Wow, looking at some Ryan Hunter's, Tatsu's and Alex Valle's match videos and I'm actually kind of miffed at Capcom's business decisions. 1.06 looks surprisingly solid and I'd really like to play some more (despite the fact that some all time SF/Tekken favourites are in there) but I can't really justify plopping down the money to buy the DLC characters.

Why not find a copy of SFxT for under 40 dollars+get dlc charas and you could spend less than 60 dollars on it?

Degen

^ Definitely my favorite new character

Haven't played in a little while but it was pretty funny watching people try to figure out how to get past the combination of ground punch, uppercuts and the armored ram move

then when they finally got close, if they got caught in a jumping HP or HK, the followup would usually end the fight

SUPARSTARX

The best tag combos in this game are switching in as many big 90+ damage hit attacks before scaling diminishes them too hard along with resets.

There something weird about mashing out reversals in here. They don't seem to come out as properly as sf4.

Marz

Just gotta wait for the 25th Anniversary set to release and then I will join you guys and judge for myself how good/bad this game actually is!

stn

There something weird about mashing out reversals in here. They don't seem to come out as properly as sf4.
There's nothing weird about it, lol. SF4 had the most mashing I've ever seen in any fighter. Its one of the reasons I like SFxT so much more than AE, it has less BS overall.

hertog

Crazy BP. I only had 4400bp before the DLC characters and Since I've got Blanka/Jack I've almost doubled it. I'm now at 8500, B+ here I come

Is there an active online userbase still? I'm just now getting to this game, and rely on online to play humans.
giving up marvel? funny that. i kinda gave up this game and started playing marvel again. not that i don't like this game, but it's not as fun when you can't learn new tech from watching tournies since they pretty much stopped streaming the game.

i still like playing the game, but i'm really just hoping for an update. a real one. last time i checked which was around last month, there were plenty of games to be had online. maybe it's just me, but i actually like the netcode from this game much better than marvel's.

Tobe

giving up marvel? funny that. i kinda gave up this game and started playing marvel again. not that i don't like this game, but it's not as fun when you can't learn new tech from watching tournies since they pretty much stopped streaming the game.

i still like playing the game, but i'm really just hoping for an update. a real one. last time i checked which was around last month, there were plenty of games to be had online. maybe it's just me, but i actually like the netcode from this game much better than marvel's.

2&2 played marvel? i think you are getting confused with sasa who has the same avatar only flipped lol.

SUPARSTARX

Is there an active online userbase still? I'm just now getting to this game, and rely on online to play humans.

I think the online base is a lot more active right now

If you guys use IRC, you can hit up #SFxT on EFnet, Tatsu and Ryan Hunter hang out in there pretty often if you want to pick their brains on some game related stuff.

hertog

I want more tutorial video's of the new DLC characters.

I love playing with Alisa, but I've got no clue if I'm doing it the right way :(

hertog

Wow, Heihachi's combo's are easy!

Never tried to play as one of the Mishima's, but I want to learn them just so I can beat them.

I haven't booted up SFxT in a while but I'm hearing that the DLC characters have been available since Just 31st? Is this true? I thought it was October.

Ken

So I really want to get into this game and play as Alisa because I love the way she looks in this game; are there any good resources for learning the game and stuff specific to Alisa? I'd just be doing casual offline stuff but still want to learn to pull off cool looking combos.

I've had the game since day 1 but put less than 10 minutes into it probably, trying to learn Asuka who didn't click with me, so I want to get some more time out of it. @_@

The PSVita shots for SFxT show cross assault but both characters are in pandora. A sign of things to come?
very interesting... considering their lifebars are near full, i would guess that its either just a custom skin (like the sub-boss fight in arcade mode), or they "x-factored" pandora mode.

ken said:
I've had the game since day 1 but put less than 10 minutes into it probably, trying to learn Asuka who didn't click with me, so I want to get some more time out of it. @_@
i don't know anything about alisa, but i might be able to help out with asuka if you still do play her?

Ken

very interesting... considering their lifebars are near full, i would guess that its either just a custom skin (like the sub-boss fight in arcade mode), or they "x-factored" pandora mode.

i don't know anything about alisa, but i might be able to help out with asuka if you still do play her?

Asuka is kind of a reaction character going by how she has a bunch of counter moves, right? I'm just not that great at stuff like that. I like more straightforward characters (so no grapplers or tricky trap characters), not that I have any idea if Alisa is one.

hertog

So I really want to get into this game and play as Alisa because I love the way she looks in this game; are there any good resources for learning the game and stuff specific to Alisa? I'd just be doing casual offline stuff but still want to learn to pull off cool looking combos.

I can help with Alisa, what do you need to know?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
SFxTK Mobile is out for iOS. It's currently $2.99 and has 10 characters. I tried it briefly and I guess it's impressive for what it is...actually uses polygon models this time instead of pre-rendered sprites like SF4/Volt did. Dumbed-down game play as expected.

Yeah, it looks like it may just be custom colors.

SUPARSTARX

Yeah, it looks like it may just be custom colors.

They're mostly in round 2, so they have built up enough meter to push out Cross Assault off the bat if they wished to. They may have buffed it with pandora or something weird.

Perhaps next month we'll see some balancing or system tweaks.

I've expressed desire to see some changes to grey health here. I think it's a game changer for the better without upsetting character balance yet.

They're mostly in round 2, so they have built up enough meter to push out Cross Assault off the bat if they wished to. They may have buffed it with pandora or something weird.

Perhaps next month we'll see some balancing or system tweaks.

I've expressed desire to see some changes to grey health here. I think it's a game changer for the better without upsetting character balance yet.
i don't think grey health is an important issue at this stage. it solves problems, but imo not in the way i'd like to see. yes, its easier to kill, but it promotes less tagging. it also becomes easier to do better damage without super and cross art which are specifically meant to do damage to grey health and are already seldomly used compared to the alternatives. instead, i'd just like to see buffs to cross assault, pandora, supers, cross arts, etc. this game is too "boring" and needs to allow people to go more crazy. give us more options, not take them away which is what i feel a grey health nerf would be. slowing grey health may end timeout issues, but its more or less the same gameplay if not people even playing more carefully and lame.

Top Bottom