• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Horseress

Well, I'm reading everywhere that rolls will be punishable, I agree being not throw punishable and being hitable doesn't make sense, but....I like it. A lot.

SUPARSTARX

I like rolls cuz it presents a wake up option. Obviously people have to setup something against it on oki and not autopilot jump every time like SF4. Making them absolutely punishable is kind of silly though. Because like I said I'd rather rolls come out immediately or perhaps they could lower the punish window. We'll see. I don't really like the vortex character type of stuff cuz it's too guessy. I'm fine with it being limited to a few characters, but then you have like a lot of people trying to learn this game and they may pick a character with bad reversals or whatever and they just get rolled on by people jumping at them all day, I think it's counter productive for learning. The appeal this game has to me is that there's a lot of options to be creative for stuff.

There's always going to be the risk of stuff. It's like people complain "but but you can DP it cuz of x and y reasons" and here it's like "but they can roll out" type of situations. Although there's no real true risk on rolling out other than just being setup for ambiguous cross up.

Rather than complain about the rolls, I realized at some point that cornering people in this game isn't as important as SF4 so I've accepted playing a certain way where spacing the neutral game properly to my advantage was probably better than trying to corner someone for pressure that may not have been important in the first place.

Like a lot of characters have long reaching moves anyway and it just tags. I initially was playing Law and Nina on my team. I could easily tag people with their moves from almost half screen away and stay in a zone where I can guarantee a raw tag punish if they felt enough pressure to want to get out.

stn

Rolls were awful, you could perfectly time a jump and sometimes they'd STILL be safe. Didn't feel like a true 50/50 to me. It was easy for the Tekken cast to deal with fireballs, along with free escapes from knockdowns. No thanks.

This roll nerf is totally necessary.

Xevren

I never really had a problem with rolls, being hit like that makes them seem quite useless though. Oh well, whatever, just won't use them.

Archon473

I have been watching match footage lately. I do not know if this is a placebo effect, but version 1.06 looks way better than the EVO build. Matches are tense and pokes are chosen with more care. With more patching on the way and the price dropping radically, I'll grab this for Christmas.

I have been watching match footage lately. I do not know if this is a placebo effect, but version 1.06 looks way better than the EVO build. Matches are tense and pokes are chosen with more care. With more patching on the way and the price dropping radically, I'll grab this for Christmas.

It's more due to the evo 2v2 format lowering the level of play than 1.06 being better.

definitely placebo effect. i only watched a few of the matches, but they were definitely not as high level as evo. the character variety made it more interesting, however. infilitration plays that lame stuffs.

this sfxt evo moment is still pretty sick to watch: tokido/fuudo vs ricky/pr balrog

and while looking for that i found this: 100% dmg cross rush combo. apparently balrog can charge for a 500 damage turn punch as player 2 while he's waiting to be tagged.

vg260

Anybody interested in the PS3 12 character DLC and 38 alts for the PS3 for cheap? I got the retail Vita version, and just got codes sent to me for both of these after the initial Vita DLC mixup. I'm probably gonna re-buy it digitally for convenience. If I do, I won't need these. I'm just looking to break close to even on the retail cart after trading-in.

Tizoc

Anybody interested in the PS3 12 character DLC and 38 alts for the PS3 for cheap? I got the retail Vita version, and just got codes sent to me for both of these after the initial Vita DLC mixup. I'm probably gonna re-buy it digitally for convenience. If I do, I won't need these. I'm just looking to break close to even on the retail cart after trading-in.

Is the code for EU or US version?

Horseress

If Tizoc uses EU PSN and your DLC is US, I want it please =D

Uraizen

Banned

Odd... I emailed them very shortly after that blog went up and have yet to receive anything.

SUPARSTARX

I was just testing things out with the help of that thread :)

Feels good launching people right? lol

This one Vega was annoying the crap out of me with wall dive but it's beatable by jump back roundhouse on most characters so you just swap him out. I"m out of his c.MP distance and he decides to rolling attack over. BAM!! Launched. Removed like almost 50% HP off a switch cancel lol

hertog

Feels good launching people right? lol

This one Vega was annoying the crap out of me with wall dive but it's beatable by jump back roundhouse on most characters so you just swap him out. I"m out of his c.MP distance and he decides to rolling attack over. BAM!! Launched. Removed like almost 50% HP off a switch cancel lol

Managed it yesterday against Ogre with his Owl Hunt move and kaz's spinning demon.
And I got Jack as my anchor with damage gems on launchers :)

vg260

If anyone wants either a PS3 code for the 12 DLC characters or 38 alt pack for $10. pm me. Just bought the digital Vita version, so I won't need these replacement codes from the boxed copy I'm trading in. Figured I'd check here again.

my charas got the short end of the stick, which is good i guess so i won't be tempted to buy them. yoshi and king aren't too bad tho. my favourite costumes from the new bunch have to be nina and julia. jack and kuma's are pretty awesome too. good thing i don't play them or i'd have to buy them.

system_costume_arrange10.jpg

system_costume_arrange16.jpg

kirblar

I actually lost my disc for this along with my UMvC3 case somehow. :( Hopefully can pick up cheap on black friday or something.

alstein

And the Capcom store sucks and fucks up orders. No return policy either...joy!

Oh, one question- how is this game doing online, is it as dead as Persona, or is it at least as alive as VF?

I liked SFxTK more than SF4, so thinking of giving it another shot now that Elena is in.

Horseress

Oh, one question- how is this game doing online, is it as dead as Persona, or is it at least as alive as VF?

I liked SFxTK more than SF4, so thinking of giving it another shot now that Elena is in.

The online community has always been strong, I've never had difficulties searching for a match.

don't know how either of those games are, but i wouldn't call this game dead. i wouldn't exactly call it alive either though. maybe i just play at wierd times but i usually end up getting a lot of yellow bar matches with people from other countries. feel free to add me though.

Jonogunn

The online community has always been strong, I've never had difficulties searching for a match.
What system are you on ad what time do I play?

I have a HELL of a time finding matches all the time. It's the most frustrating thing about this game. Sit there for 5 minutes to be paired up with someone in hong kong

alstein

Has Capcom said anything about the December patch being on PC?

Undecided between PC and PSN versions should I get this again (planning to do this in December)

Ohnonono

I have been playing a ton of this game lately and am interested in actually trying to get more in depth with it. What is the best way to go about doing this? I like to attempt the trials and learn from them but some of the combos seem crazy timing sensitive and having not seriously played a fighting game competitively I have no idea how to improve on my play much. Is there a basic guide somewhere that can help with basic fighting game strat type stuff?

Has Capcom said anything about the December patch being on PC?

Undecided between PC and PSN versions should I get this again (planning to do this in December)
Get the PS3 version and save yourself the trouble. The PC version is horrible
Definitely miss the PC version! It's all a shame as the conversion is actually quite nice apart from the console like art assets (720p res for 2D stuff, I think) and the really shit support we're getting from Capcom.

I still remember when Sven told us told we'd be getting a console parity updates asap as the PC version was late (released in May), but holy crap we're still on version 1.2!!! He /Capcom then changed the story to PC owners getting updates 60 days after console patches, but ~100 days after the last console patch of 1.6 + DLC characters we're still on 1.2 on the PC with no update in sight; just lots of excuses, silence and quickly locked threads on the Ask Capcom Forums. (I love the contempt from the Capcom Mods in those threads, telling us we should just be patient and that we should be grateful as the old and broken PC version came out months before the Vita port. Fucking Capcom.)

Oh, and to answer, they already said PC won't be getting the 2013 update this Christmas somewhere on Ask Capcom (60 day rule) but I'm too depressed to look for the locked thread for you. Sorry!

i expect people to play much more when the patch drops.

i don't think the pc will get that patch anytime soon.

ohnonono said:
I have been playing a ton of this game lately and am interested in actually trying to get more in depth with it. What is the best way to go about doing this? I like to attempt the trials and learn from them but some of the combos seem crazy timing sensitive and having not seriously played a fighting game competitively I have no idea how to improve on my play much. Is there a basic guide somewhere that can help with basic fighting game strat type stuff?
i don't think anyone has done much with sfxt in terms of guides. you can check the srk wiki or the guide on eventhubs. other than that, just watch match videos. players like ryan hunter and jibbo are big fans of the game, then of course there's always infiltration.

have you decided on which characters you'd like to use?

Ohnonono

i expect people to play much more when the patch drops.

i don't think the pc will get that patch anytime soon.

i don't think anyone has done much with sfxt in terms of guides. you can check the srk wiki or the guide on eventhubs. other than that, just watch match videos. players like ryan hunter and jibbo are big fans of the game, then of course there's always infiltration.

have you decided on which characters you'd like to use?

I have a good few I like. Kazuya, Jin, Cammy, Juri, Julia Xiaoyu, Nina

I have a good few I like. Kazuya, Jin, Cammy, Juri, Julia Xiaoyu, Nina
don't really play any of those characters, but in terms of players off the top of my head that plays them (look up their match vids on youtube):
kazuya: alex valle
jin: jibbo, floe, wolfkrone (does he still play?)
cammy: dieminion (does he still play either?)
juri: ???
julia: combofiend, ryan hunter, gamerbee
xiaoyu: chris g
nina: ???

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Is it just that I'm used to games with very good netcode (Persona/VF) or is the netcode kinda ass now in this?

The game's netcode has never felt right to me, even though it's theoretically not as bad as many.

Their strategy for rollback inputs / frameskip has always felt like it's stuttering in a very weird way. Kind of like 3SO? Except more micro stutter, less wholesale teleporting.

SUPARSTARX

Mmmm on the high end the netcode feels real good to me.

When there's hiccups the roll backs stutter the matches a lot. I don't get as many slow downs with this than with other games when lag kicks in.

Top Bottom