• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Tizoc

Man that Cammy stHK nerf on block is so unwarranted.

So how does the Vita version work, are the DLC codes already in the game?

Some DLC are now free...like all the alt. outfits...which I can now use with my PS3 ver. of the game.

BTW did say they'd nerf Hugo's Super?

Xevren

Some DLC are now free...like all the alt. outfits...which I can now use with my PS3 ver. of the game.

BTW did say they'd nerf Hugo's Super?

I don't see any change to his super...

My thoughts on Hugo is that he's a pretty easy character to get a lot of damage on, but he's going to have bad matchups. Seems like he struggles with people that have good footsies. Or I just haven't played many good Hugo people.

I'm definitely going to pick up Law again once he has a reliable anti-air.

I really like the added frames on block with those boost chains. People will have to do actual block strings now.

sfxtnotdeadbydisasterfx.gif

I'm surprised the place known for its giffage hasn't posted this yet...

Westlo

sfxtnotdeadbydisasterfx.gif

I'm surprised the place known for its giffage hasn't posted this yet...

I wanted to post it at right time lol.

Well the original gif came from the Media Create Sales thread that was posted a few days ago, I posted that in the general thread for Sfxtk asking someone to put the sfxtk boxart over the guys face lol. See it all over the place now.

"Only the range was affected by the nerf, so If you are close enough to your opponent, then it may work"

You're pushed out pretty far after cr.fierce CADC Party Crasher.

shaowebb

I wonder if they'll reinvest in PC version with this. It still doesn't even have the extra characters and I think its missing some Gem dlc.

"I wonder if they'll reinvest in PC version with this. It still doesn't even have the extra characters and I think its missing some Gem dlc."

It has neither the DLC, Gems, or any of the bug/balance changes in 1.06/7. They practically abandoned it up til this point. It would certainly be nice for them to not treat the PC version as something they just pooped out for extra revenue.

iavi

Yeah, the PC version is treated as the black sheep of the bunch, as usual with Cacpom.

It's a shame too since it's the version me my buds play the most easily, as you can bring sticks/pads and a laptop everywhere (even to work lol)

It's been said that QLOC is working on the SFxT updates for PC, alongside them porting DmC, so who knows what'll happen.

The funny thing is that it would appear the patch (1.06) is "done" for PC, as it's completely downloadable from MS's GFWL servers and installable, the "switch" hasn't been flipped yet, so to speak, so it still believes the previous version is the correct one. I mean on one hand, I suppose it's easier for them to just wait until the 29th and do it all in one go, on the other hand, this shit was supposed to be "out" months ago. And the communication between Capcom and customers has been completely non-existant.

Dartastic

Tried to play Vanilla last night. Ugh. Such a bad game. I can't wait to have the patch drop so I can try and get into the game again. I WANT to like it.

Really curious to see if they are indeed adding a different gem selection feature. Mr Wizard was hinting at something during the Evo line up reveal. Maybe that thumbdrive feature they talked about early on. Would be dope if it could carry over costume and custom color info as well as gem loadouts!

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Really curious to see if they are indeed adding a different gem selection feature. Mr Wizard was hinting at something during the Evo line up reveal. Maybe that thumbdrive feature they talked about early on. Would be dope if it could carry over costume and custom color info as well as gem loadouts!

Wait really? I hadn't heard anything anywhere about gem selection for offline VS mode being overhauled. What did Mr. Wizard say specifically?

shaowebb

The funny thing is that it would appear the patch (1.06) is "done" for PC, as it's completely downloadable from MS's GFWL servers and installable, the "switch" hasn't been flipped yet, so to speak, so it still believes the previous version is the correct one. I mean on one hand, I suppose it's easier for them to just wait until the 29th and do it all in one go, on the other hand, this shit was supposed to be "out" months ago. And the communication between Capcom and customers has been completely non-existant.

So wait...can players go download it now or do they have to wait for it to be officially setup as an auto update on Steam or something to get that?

Wait really? I hadn't heard anything anywhere about gem selection for offline VS mode being overhauled. What did Mr. Wizard say specifically?

When ski sonic and keits asked if gems would be selectable at Evo he said that he was waiting because he knew of something capcom was possibly going to do as he knew some insider information regarding the topic and wanted to wait before he said yes or no BUT as it stands they are banned. Something akin to that if i recall correctly.

http://www.twitch.tv/keits/b/355325080 (skip to about 28 minutes in)

Horseress

When ski sonic and keits asked if gems would be selectable at Evo he said that he was waiting because he knew of something capcom was possibly going to do as he knew some insider information regarding the topic and wanted to wait before he said yes or no BUT as it stands they are banned. Something akin to that if i recall correctly.

http://www.twitch.tv/keits/b/355325080 (skip to about 28 minutes in)

Yeah, I remember noticing that. But, the way it is now, I don't think takes THAT long to pick gems, just look at the SF25th aniversary tournament, they didn't had any problems with the system as it is now. But, if they can improve...better for us

"So wait...can players go download it now or do they have to wait for it to be officially setup as an auto update on Steam or something to get that?"

Players can download it now, but since GFWL doesn't recognize it as the latest version, you can't play online or anything like that. Which makes it pretty worthless.

DR2K

Banned
Cammy totally deserves that s.hk jc nerf. So much derpy pressure.

Poison hugo works well. A lot of the default pairings are not bad at all actually and then some are just paired for story reasons maybe.

The vita vouchers give you extra downloads for ps3. You get a set.

Her derpy pressure came from her jabs, which got rightfully nerfed.

Horseress

Yea I have not made a purchase outside of costumes myself, always wondered though how much capcom has made with that stuff which I've always assumed was probably nada.

I wonder how much people purchased the quick combo editor, that thing was pure bullshit in every way possible

Horseress

Man, this weekend cannot come any sooner! The SfxT v2013 invitational tournament at SoCal Regionals will have everybody's attention, and can prove that v2013 is a different game! A great one! (I love vanilla but we all know it has problems, and v2013 will fix a good amount of it)

EDIT: to let everyone know, it will happen this friday, at 6PM PST, on LevelUp's Twitch channel.

Ohnonono

Lets say I am wanting to use Lili and Alisa. I am not sure if this is an optimal team but which would you stick on point? Lili needs meter and Alisa seems to be able to hold her own without it so that would be my best guess. I am super new though so I would love some input!

Man, this weekend cannot come any sooner! The SfxT v2013 invitational tournament at SoCal Regionals will have everybody's attention, and can prove that v2013 is a different game! A great one! (I love vanilla but we all know it has problems, and v2013 will fix a good amount of it)

EDIT: to let everyone know, it will happen this friday, at 6PM PST, on LevelUp's Twitch channel.

I am super hype for this!

Horseress

Haven't played the game for about 2 months, hopefully that will change soon :)

I understand you, I only came back to the game in a couple of weeks, after seeing all the v2013 changes and them believing again that this game can be amazing! 2013 man....be ready

Horseress

2013 has to be amazing because 2012 only generates salt, if you ask me.

You tell me! Beating the hell out of your opponent and them looking at his health bars almost full is really frustrating... but, that's gone now!

2012 was always fun to me, here's hoping 2013 revitalizes the game in a CVS2 manner.

I fell like CvS2 wouldn't be that sucessfull if it was released today, with those crazy comeback mechanic games around, people would call it "boring"....stream monsters....

Jenga

Banned
no more frametrap lps

decent throw frames

health recovery not making everything last thrice as long

they already solved a good majority of the issues of the game with those 3 things alone

cackhyena

So I sold my TE a while back and now am kinda regretting it. Anyone know of a decent enough stick for 50 bucks or less that would get me by?

SUPARSTARX

I'd say the throw frames are good now. It's in line with 95% of the light attacks in the game without being over bearing because the range is shorter than SF4's.

Like on the technology and tricks front in SF4, you advance to poking around and just getting throw and safe jumping knockdown setups. Textbook Street Fighter.

In SFxT there's like twenty more things to consider during the match now rather than autopilot setup to 0% against someone. With safe DP switch removal and grey life going down in generation and being negated by throws, it's gonna be interesting to see the early adopters in the new version. I hope they wipe the BP rankings for Ver2013 so we can see who the real frauds are.

I think even with Ver2013 released, this game won't see super high numbers nearing SF4 or UMVC3 because it's still a big thinker game.

So I sold my TE a while back and now am kinda regretting it. Anyone know of a decent enough stick for 50 bucks or less that would get me by?

There might be SCR deals this weekend on stream. Wait for maybe the Brawl Stick deals to return.

Ohnonono

Should give Tekken Tag 2 a shot if you haven't already. I think tag games are the way to go. It's so fun.

SFxT2013 and TTT2 are my main games this year and onward.

I want TTT2 on my vita :(. I will get it for PS3 eventually but I have a wife and kid that hog the ps3 for streaming so vita is really helpful to be able to put time in on.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Hey SFxT-GAF

I'm looking to pick up this game this weekend, with excitement over the 2013 update. One question though, will play lots of this screw with my head for playing AE? I mean just watching combo videos it looks like you can do a lot of things that are similar, but at the same time not possible in AE.

I'm just wondering if you guys have found that playing this and then switching about to AE either messes with your execution, or how you play with a character since they seem to be very different between the two games... and yet so similar!

Thanks for answering my thoughts. Looking forward to playing with ya'll!

Top Bottom