• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Westlo

Looking @ EH... Dawgtanian says this game has a few more system tweaks not announced.... will be interesting to see what they are... I thought they had to do a bit more with it...

Also

BadIntentVG: I hope the system changes include an option to disable quick combos.

Dawgtanian: Hmmm, I wonder. ;)

Pretty much a yes....

Guess it was worth delaying the patch.

Westlo

http://shoryuken.com/2012/12/21/str...tion-exclusive-characters-and-system-changes/

Pandora

Active length from 7 seconds→10 seconds
Special gauge increases to MAX at the same time as activation, but does not auto-regenerate.
The incoming character’s position closer on activation
Activation time reduced by 2F
Damage increase is fixed at x1.15, regardless of remaining health
Timing for end of recovery of Pandora activation is now the same across all characters

Quick combo

Preset combo 1 made blank, will not activate even when set
Combo registered to preset combo 1 is moved to preset combo 2

Normal throws

Start-up from 7F→5F
If a normal throw hits, recoverable damage is eliminated (excluding air throws)

Life Gauge

Life gauge no longer shakes when taking damage

It's amazing it took so long for the life bars to get fixed lol.

Horseress

That throw change is f'n genius.

I think that will be the "craziness" this game needs! A good throw will change the pace of a game.

About the other changes:
"Pandora: The incoming character’s position closer on activation"
What does that means?

"Quick Combos : Preset combo 1 made blank, will not activate even when set. Combo registered to preset combo 1 is moved to preset combo 2"
I don't understand how this will change anything besides Combo 1 being dropped, can someone explain that?

SUPARSTARX

Throws removing grey life is great.

Been calling to get nerfs on grey HP. I'm glad to see Capcom also acknowledging and seeing that as an issue first hand too.

Pandora sounds like you're just gonna have 3 meters to mess with. This makes something like 1EX move + Super pretty much a pandora bnb for many characters

Ohnonono

I love this game but am pretty noobish. Does that throw change mean that even Marduk's command grab suplex will kill recoverable health? How about his gator slam thing (I would assume this is classed as an air throw maybe?)

Horseress

I've asked Dawgtanian on Twitter (I love him, he always answers my questions) about the Pandora change and the Quick Combo one and he told me this:

Pandora:
when you activate, you appear right where your first character was, instead of further behind them.

Quick Combo:
preset 1 is blank, just set this to turn it off

AMAZING! I'm in love with this game again <3

I love this game but am pretty noobish. Does that throw change mean that even Marduk's command grab suplex will kill recoverable health? How about his gator slam thing (I would assume this is classed as an air throw maybe?)
No, just the regular throws (LP + LK) kills recoverable helth

Ohnonono

I've asked Dawgtanian on Twitter (I love him, he always answers my questions) about the Pandora change and the Quick Combo one and he told me this:

Pandora:

Quick Combo:

AMAZING! I'm in love with this game again <3

No, just the regular throws kills recoverable helth

Got ya. It looks like Jack-X got some nerfs. I just started playing him a bit and was enjoying it. At my level I am not sure it will matter much.

SUPARSTARX

Is this game worth it for PC? Better or worse than SSFIV AE in terms of population count online and gameplay?

The patches will come a bit later on than consoles. The current console patch is set to go on PC soon while consoles are getting the Ver.2013 patch in a month. No word on when PC gets it, most likely a few months down the line.

Nyoro SF

Is this game worth it for PC? Better or worse than SSFIV AE in terms of population count online and gameplay?

Read back through the thread's last few pages for pc feedback. The online is god awful and there is no eta on a patch date since they missed their last two deadlines.

stn

Can you save replays through the Vita version? And can you then transfer them to PC and upload them to Youtube, for example? Thanks.

Horseress

I'm feeling sooo lazy about this game lately...since it's gonna be A LOT different in one month from now (actually, exactly one month from now)

But anyways, I'm still playing, and trying a new team, any thoughts about Dudley? He seems cool and strong

Booter

has anyone been able to test the 2013 version? any feedback from players being put into it or is it just "capcom does what capcom does" all over again?

vg260

has anyone been able to test the 2013 version? any feedback from players being put into it or is it just "capcom does what capcom does" all over again?

I don't think so, but not sure. It wouldn't be an update without an unnecessary Guile nerf.

I'm just now playing a bunch online, and despite feeling like I should really hate the game, I'm quite enjoying it. Hopefully more people give 2013 a chance. Right now it feels like a fun middle ground between AE and UMvC3. I don't really want an AE clone. I'm getting destroyed by Tekken characters with all the mixups. I'm scared if they get better.

SUPARSTARX

Everything looks good on paper for 2013. Seems like they took a lot of fan feedback because I sure as hell spammed a lot of boards complaining about recoverable life and I'm not alone in the issue.

Horseress

Everything looks good on paper for 2013. Seems like they took a lot of fan feedback because I sure as hell spammed a lot of boards complaining about recoverable life and I'm not alone in the issue.

Recoverable life being recovered too fucking fast is definitely the biggest issue, there's no way the game can end without time outs if the characters don't lose life!

Jonogunn

Been playing balrog on my troll account while my friend plays blanka.

Man I'm getting blown up with him. I dunno what to do with him. He's so different from sf4.

I'm hoping his buffs will be good enough in 2013 since it looks like I'll have to drop Guile in 2013. Poor Guile :(.

SUPARSTARX

Been playing balrog on my troll account while my friend plays blanka.

Man I'm getting blown up with him. I dunno what to do with him. He's so different from sf4.

I'm hoping his buffs will be good enough in 2013 since it looks like I'll have to drop Guile in 2013. Poor Guile :(.

Balrog's c.LK is a better too in this game. You don't wanna use himi and c.LP spam into boost, it doesn't work that way in here. He has some different properties on some of his moves for sure. I think TAP has some special invulnerability too.

So I'm considering getting this for Vita. Curious about story/arcade mode. Most reviews say that the plot is negligible. But I've seen youtube clips of CG cutscenes. Are those from the game, or a mini movie by Capcom?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
So I'm considering getting this for Vita. Curious about story/arcade mode. Most reviews say that the plot is negligible. But I've seen youtube clips of CG cutscenes. Are those from the game, or a mini movie by Capcom?

The CG character trailers by Capcom are not in the game for some perverse reason.

The arcade mode has an art panel / voiced intro for each official team, and a 2 minute or so CG ending for each official team (plus a generic ending for non-canonical teams). There's actually a lot of character specific banter after each fight though, when you play as an official team. Plus a rival battle for each team, with a lengthy cut scene before it.

IMO the story is actually quite amusing, and has a lot of well thought out character moments that get pretty specific about the personalities of the cast members. Though some "new" personality traits they give certain characters are bizarre, yet still amusing.

Arcade mode also has a very well done sequence of bosses, with unique visual effects and such when said characters are in boss mode. Capcom and Namco teams each fight bosses from the other side.

Overall, it's just a traditional arcade mode, but it's really rather well produced for such. No epic story mode though, as in some of the more robust present gen fighting games.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
The CG character trailers by Capcom are not in the game for some perverse reason.

The arcade mode has an art panel / voiced intro for each official team, and a 2 minute or so CG ending for each official team (plus a generic ending for non-canonical teams). There's actually a lot of character specific banter after each fight though, when you play as an official team. Plus a rival battle for each team, with a lengthy cut scene before it.

IMO the story is actually quite amusing, and has a lot of well thought out character moments that get pretty specific about the personalities of the cast members. Though some "new" personality traits they give certain characters are bizarre, yet still amusing.

Arcade mode also has a very well done sequence of bosses, with unique visual effects and such when said characters are in boss mode. Capcom and Namco teams each fight bosses from the other side.

Overall, it's just a traditional arcade mode, but it's really rather well produced for such. No epic story mode though, as in some of the more robust present gen fighting games.
Thanks for the info. I'm also considering getting this for Vita, even though I haven't touched my PS3 copy in months...

I got UMvC3 for it and am really impressed by how it translates to the handheld, again after not having played vanilla for ages.

Does SFxT translate just as well?

shaowebb

I picked it up on PC during the steam sale for really cheap and probably will only screw around with it for modding purposes. PC is a wasteland. Not even up to date. Kind of sad considering the 2013 patch actually has me interested in how this games meta will be considering how cool it sounds in terms of offense buffs and recovery nerfs.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Thanks for the info. I'm also considering getting this for Vita, even though I haven't touched my PS3 copy in months...

I got UMvC3 for it and am really impressed by how it translates to the handheld, again after not having played vanilla for ages.

Does SFxT translate just as well?

Yes it does. I would even say it's the best version of the game available, since you get additional content (a new endless battle mode called Burst Kumite, AR stuff, etc.) and you can play online against PS3 players.

Shouta

From the weekly thread:

King is a fucking beast now!

Yeah, King's changes are pretty epic. It's going to allow him to do the damage he needs on the ground and keep folks from coming at him hard that's kinda screwing him up right now. 220 damage on the counters is fucking epic if you can call it.

Horseress

Yeah, King's changes are pretty epic. It's going to allow him to do the damage he needs on the ground and keep folks from coming at him hard that's kinda screwing him up right now. 220 damage on the counters is fucking epic if you can call it.

He's pretty epic just by being himself, but now he's good too!

And now it's pretty clear that they want us to punish A LOT more, like everything is punishable now, even the DP+tag thing, that wasn't safe before, but now it's VERY unsafe, like DST unsafe level, crazy times man!

vg260

So I've just really started playing and have been using Cody since I like the character. I'm just now reading he's apparently broken and only getting nerfs. Yeesh. I wish someone would have told me. I haven't been using lk much. Probably best not to start. It seems like they pulled AE Guile caliber nerfs on him. People saying lk will be useless and like a medium attack now. Does Capcom not know how to keep from going bananas when something needs moderate tweaking?

Top Bottom