• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Shouta

Many of the fundamentals will be the same, footsies, spacing, anti-air etc.

The basics of combos from AE, i.e. plinks and all that will be fairly similar, I think. It's the different points and the additional combo mechanics that may screw you up. If you remember the differences, you should be able to play both just fine though.

Hey SFxT-GAF

I'm looking to pick up this game this weekend, with excitement over the 2013 update. One question though, will play lots of this screw with my head for playing AE? I mean just watching combo videos it looks like you can do a lot of things that are similar, but at the same time not possible in AE.

I'm just wondering if you guys have found that playing this and then switching about to AE either messes with your execution, or how you play with a character since they seem to be very different between the two games... and yet so similar!

Thanks for answering my thoughts. Looking forward to playing with ya'll!

most of the differences between this game and AE are juggle properties of moves and being able to tack on more damage.

SUPARSTARX

Hey SFxT-GAF

I'm looking to pick up this game this weekend, with excitement over the 2013 update. One question though, will play lots of this screw with my head for playing AE? I mean just watching combo videos it looks like you can do a lot of things that are similar, but at the same time not possible in AE.

I'm just wondering if you guys have found that playing this and then switching about to AE either messes with your execution, or how you play with a character since they seem to be very different between the two games... and yet so similar!

Thanks for answering my thoughts. Looking forward to playing with ya'll!

I think the stuff you learned in SF4 is more amplified in this game and if you go back to playing more SF4 you might experience depression :p

Jokes aside, I don't think it will interfere unless you use the same characters and try to use them the same way. Even Ryu in here has some great offensive pressure and synergy along with other characters.

Schuhu

Neo Member
MOAR videos!

And a compilation of all changes is being posted by Combofiend here

They made a sign mistake in Ibuki's notes, Combofiend shows in his video that her MK Tsumuji& HK Tsumuji are now -3 on block, not +3.

Which sucks big time as that move was her go-to pressure tool. :(

Horseress

Man, this weekend cannot come any sooner! The SfxT v2013 invitational tournament at SoCal Regionals will have everybody's attention, and can prove that v2013 is a different game! A great one! (I love vanilla but we all know it has problems, and v2013 will fix a good amount of it)

EDIT: to let everyone know, it will happen this friday, at 6PM PST, on LevelUp's Twitch channel.

Re-posting it on the new page to remind you all, it's TONIGHT! GET HYPE

Also, part 4 of the v2013 updates videos is up if you haven't checked it yet! And the patch notes is being updated here

Can someone tell me if the DLC characters were released for the PC and how I would go about purchasing them, if so?
I saw the PC version cheap today and am considering buying it.

Thanks

Schuhu

Neo Member
Can someone tell me if the DLC characters were released for the PC and how I would go about purchasing them, if so?
I saw the PC version cheap today and am considering buying it.

Thanks

Nope, they aren't officially out yet, the last statement from capcom was

I just asked Derek for an update and here's what he sent:

The 1.06 PC Patch (and associated DLC) is approved by MSFT and ready to go. However, in order to actually release it, we need to simultaneously release on both GFWL and Steam. And for that, we need the signed .cat and .cfg files from MSFT for the Steam version. They haven’t sent them yet; they tried last week, but there was a "mishap". We should have them any day. That’s the only thing holding up release at this point.

The 1.07 and 1.08 patch source code was just received after the holidays, and Q-LOC is currently working on integrating it. 1.08 is the 2013 rebalance patch, which hasn't made it to consoles quite yet. No ETA on these until after 1.06 is live.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_cap...hter-x-tekken-pc-threads-related-anymore?pg=2

You can however download the Patch from the Live servers already but then you won't be able to play online until the real release hits.

Nope, they aren't officially out yet, the last statement from capcom was

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_cap...hter-x-tekken-pc-threads-related-anymore?pg=2

You can however download the Patch from the Live servers already but then you won't be able to play online until the real release hits.

OK. thanks Schuhu
So the DLC chars arent even out on PS3/360 yet?
Have Capcom told us how much the new DLC chars will be?
I dont know much about this game, but I thought it had been out for ages.

One of my most favorite fighters, getting an update. Yet, I haven't been able to look into it and see the changes that have been made. D:

Has there been any good/bad changes to Kazuya/Heihachi, Lars/Guy and Poison/Kuma? If anyone can let me know? ^^

Geez, the extra character DLC on XBL is 1600 MSP!?
Thats almost $30 AUD. I thought it would be cheaper than that, as a goodwill gesture from Capcom.
I might wait to see if they release a complete edition for the PC, eventually.

Schuhu

Neo Member
Geez, the extra character DLC on XBL is 1600 MSP!?
Thats almost $30 AUD. I thought it would be cheaper than that, as a goodwill gesture from Capcom.
I might wait to see if they release a complete edition for the PC, eventually.

We had -75% steam sales already so I guess we'll see then cheaper on PC at some point.

If you're looking for the changes in the v2013 version you should check capcom unity for the patch videos from combofiend (He is always positive about anything though, even the harshest nerfs ~~)

Horseress

Update is this week or next?

Next week's Tuesday

So, what did you guys thought about the 8 man exibition that went down Friday night on SoCal Regionals? For me, v2013 feels A LOT cleaner then vanilla, the vitality bars not shaking anymore sounds like a minor adjustment, but it's a huge one, you can see the damage being done, and the damage....I don't know what it is exactly, but it seems the damage is WAY higher now, characters die pretty quickly.
The red life recovers VERY slowly.
I think it can't go wrong, I can't wait! <3

Next week's Tuesday

So, what did you guys thought about the 8 man exibition that went down Friday night on SoCal Regionals? For me, v2013 feels A LOT cleaner then vanilla, the vitality bars not shaking anymore sounds like a minor adjustment, but it's a huge one, you can see the damage being done, and the damage....I don't know what it is exactly, but it seems the damage is WAY higher now, characters die pretty quickly.

Thought it was pretty hype although I can't wait to see how the game has progressed a month or two from the updates release. Infiltration was mauling dudes with lili!!!

Tizoc

Next week's Tuesday

Are those matches up on Youtube?

Shouta

Matches were slightly shitty in the sense that it's pretty obvious most of them didn't know how to maximize damage but thanks to the loss of boost combos, regular damage is far better because they've been forced to hit confirm with their pokes and all that. The damage isn't really higher, it's just folks are actually using proper methods to deal it.

It was very nice seeing Infiltration play Lili though, definitely his style of character compared to Akuma. He could be far better though, a lot of his damage and wins in that were folks not knowing what to do against her and he wasn't optimizing his combo damage.

hertog

Really hyped for v2013.

I wonder if my team will change. I was playing Blanka/Jack, but I might change it to Lars/Kuma in 2013 :)

SUPARSTARX

Also got a lot of matches on https://www.youtube.com/user/SFxTxOTS

These are the SRK forum bi-weekly tournaments with a lot of good players. You might see a few time outs here and there but there's a lot of good decision making with characters you may not be familiar with.

I do most of the uploading for this channel as they gather up the replays and stuff. I have one more round of replays from last week and I think there is another one last bi-weekly this weekend pre-patch.

You guys should drop by #SFxT on EFnet and chat with some hardcore fans.

Darvan

I wanted to know how many of you guys can complete the 20 trials easily? I've been trying to use the trials as a gauge for myself to see if I can even come close to what some of the C+to A combo's people do online and off. I find myself getting stuck at what seems to be links combo's how do guys go through learning Link's etc.?

Shouta

Also got a lot of matches on https://www.youtube.com/user/SFxTxOTS

These are the SRK forum bi-weekly tournaments with a lot of good players. You might see a few time outs here and there but there's a lot of good decision making with characters you may not be familiar with.

I do most of the uploading for this channel as they gather up the replays and stuff. I have one more round of replays from last week and I think there is another one last bi-weekly this weekend pre-patch.

You guys should drop by #SFxT on EFnet and chat with some hardcore fans.

Also drop by and get bodied by Sethlolol like I did.

Xevren

I wanted to know how many of you guys can complete the 20 trials easily? I've been trying to use the trials as a gauge for myself to see if I can even come close to what some of the C+to A combo's people do online and off. I find myself getting stuck at what seems to be links combo's how do guys go through learning Link's etc.?

I wouldn't worry about doing the 20th trials to be considered good really, they for the most part are very unpractical.

SUPARSTARX

Also drop by and get bodied by Sethlolol like I did.

isZgVQqJzhTJB.gif

iPYbAi1pJj2ym.gif

Shouta

Hey, I've stated I don't like the online in this before! Shit be teleporting on me for real. Plus, I was derping badly, like dropping huge combos and running into c.mps every time levels of derp. I'll get some rounds on him, maybe not matches but a round or two online. It's at least legit beatdowns as well.

nevermind. I think I got it.
I bought the game today and thought it was a bit wierd the default voices for most of the SF cast were in Japanese.

Beats

How's the netcode in this on PS3? I'm thinking of picking it up after watching some of the matches of the new version from SCR.

Can someone tell me, in a nutshell, what is is about the gameplay that people dont like?
My first insticts are to dislike...

- not having to KO both opponents. I kinda wanted this to play a bit like the old vs games.
- the gem system

Gems normally aren't a problem unless people purchased some of the pack that add a ton of meter from landing 2 boost chains with a character. Getting 3 level 3 supers in one round is just dumb.

Everything before the patch is just too safe. I think most of this has been addressed though.

Horseress

Can someone tell me, in a nutshell, what is is about the gameplay that people dont like?
My first insticts are to dislike...

- not having to KO both opponents. I kinda wanted this to play a bit like the old vs games.
- the gem system

Most people just got disgusted of the game because of the DLC in disk, and then looked away.
But the biggest problem was that it's TOO HARD to kill someone, especially because of life recovering being faster than speed of light, causing TONS of time outs. Problem solved.

Another BIG problem was the jab pressure. Almost all the cast had very fast jabs, and the pushback was minimum, so you could just jab jab jab jab until you find a hit. Problem solved.

About gems, the boost ones are totally fine, the problem was the assist gems, the OVERPOWERED ones, some of them made you spend 1/16 of a bar to defend a attack, making you able to just build a litter meter then walk forward without caring, now, THANK GOD, that's gone to hell.

Still on the gems subject, you could complain that picking gems takes time, but now there's 5 (it's 5 isn't?) presets of gems for you to choose before match, making it SO MUCH easier. Problem solved!

stn

The only complaint I have remaining is the AA's trading issue. If the Tekken cast has unbeatable AA's then moves like the SRK should never trade again. The SRK defines the concept of AA.

I also think some of the buffs and nerfs are unwarranted but I'm willing to give the game a go before I fully judge.

LakeEarth

About gems, the boost ones are totally fine, the problem was the assist gems, the OVERPOWERED ones, some of them made you spend 1/16 of a bar to defend a attack, making you able to just build a litter meter then walk forward without caring, now, THANK GOD, that's gone to hell.

Best part is that you gain meter for correctly blocking. That gem was like "block 2 gems, get 1 free!". I played a Dhalsim player who would super, alpha counter, EX moves, it didn't matter. Teleport back, throw out a couple of normals, you're fine. It was basically active all the time. So glad they removed them, but the idiocy to allow them on ranked mode astounds me.

SUPARSTARX

The presets are a nice touch for standardizing and the uninitiated. I'm still going to load on my own gems when I get the right team. I am still soul searching for the right characters in this game. So far I have enjoyed using nina/law/bison/sagat. I want to get into some jin/hwoarang/king/poison.

Also those meter gems that generate off combos.. I think they're mostly from tag switching and launching. They are strictly good for planning proper optimized combos.

There tons of wicked scaling with meter gems on some characters. Alisa chainsaws attacks with plus 40% meter gain on top of 400 meter built is massively satisfying to pull off on offense.

What this means is the 400 meter gem also turns into 560 meter total for the 40% meter gain duration on top of blocked hits. So amazing.

Horseress

Best part is that you gain meter for correctly blocking. That gem was like "block 2 gems, get 1 free!". I played a Dhalsim player who would super, alpha counter, EX moves, it didn't matter. Teleport back, throw out a couple of normals, you're fine. It was basically active all the time. So glad they removed them, but the idiocy to allow them on ranked mode astounds me.

That's one think that almost made me quit this game...it's like they created "herp derp the fighting game". Glad someone inside there realized that shit was too much.

The presets are a nice touch for standardizing and the uninitiated. I'm still going to load on my own gems when I get the right team. I am still soul searching for the right characters in this game. So far I have enjoyed using nina/law/bison/sagat. I want to get into some jin/hwoarang/king/poison.

Also those meter gems that generate off combos.. I think they're mostly from tag switching and launching. They are strictly good for planning proper optimized combos.

There tons of wicked scaling with meter gems on some characters. Alisa chainsaws attacks with plus 40% meter gain on top of 400 meter built is massively satisfying to pull off on offense.

Does anyone know what the 5 presets are? I'll try to look into the archives

SUPARSTARX

That's one think that almost made me quit this game...it's like they created "herp derp the fighting game". Glad someone inside there realized that shit was too much.

Does anyone know what the 5 presets are? I'll try to look into the archives
Good question. I'm willing to bet they use the early numbered gems in each category though. So you should probably expect... Normal hits/ special hits/blocking hits/having your hits blocked type of conditions. Very generic.

fader

anyone gonna change their team in 2013? Im looking at Steve X Lili after seeing Infiltration play Lili, she looks really good.

EDIT: Also

XBL: eyekantspele
Locaton: Jax, FL

Xevren

Thinking of going back to my old Abel x Lili team. I still play a lot of characters so if that doesn't it do it for me I can at least fall back to someone else. Been having a lot of fun with Jin.

I don't have a problem with AAs trading. What I do have a problem with are AAs that almost never trade and lead to 300+ combos with no bar.

*coughJURIHEIHACHIIBUKIcough*

i'm sure there are others i'm forgetting

LakeEarth

I'm going back to my Kazuya/King team, since King was seemingly buffed extensively, and the nerf-hammer did not completely destroy Kazuya (though I will miss that c.lk).

vg260

I almost always default to Gulie, but too many characters I wanna try. I'm probably going to try Lili simply because of that awesome Halloween alt. I'm a sucker for designs I like and cool-looking teams. Guile and Jack would be a pretty cool looking team though. I wish Rose was in this so I could go Dudley/Rose. That would be team class.

Top Bottom