• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Yes it does. I would even say it's the best version of the game available, since you get additional content (a new endless battle mode called Burst Kumite, AR stuff, etc.) and you can play online against PS3 players.
And once again, one man's reply will probably result in yet another purchase. Thanks!

So my friend got me a voucher with the 12 extra characters and I started trying to play this again.

How is team Blood Vengeance (Xiaoyu x Alisa)? Alisa is so fun! Elena's surprisingly fun too.

SUPARSTARX

Xiaoyu Alisa can work. Alisa on point, Xiaoyu anchor. Alisa has a very good zoning game in here too and her saw mix ups are not bad.

yella

Hey all! Got the Vita version for Christmas; I'm now trying to get a feel for the game, and I have to admit that it's a better fit for my style of play than SF4. So far I've been playing mostly Tekken characters, with Paul as one of my faves; I'm thinking of pairing him with Abel.

If anybody wants a few games, my PSN ID is oldyella; that is, if it's not too laggy ;_;

Sayah

I am really looking forward to ver. 2013. Apparently, Pandora is going to be more useful now so that should make matches more fun. Really hope they make the netcode better as well.

I'll have to also buy the 12 other characters. Unless someone wants to send a voucher my way.

Shouta

I am really looking forward to ver. 2013. Apparently, Pandora is going to be more useful now so that should make matches more fun. Really hope they make the netcode better as well.

I'll have to also buy the 12 other characters. Unless someone wants to send a voucher my way.

Hey, I want a voucher too. >=(

Westlo

*watches combofiends vids*

lmao @ the julia amd Ibuki ones, especially Julia's, I'm dying.

"All in all Julia's adjustments have made her a more skillful character to use"

Translation, Julia is ass.

Horseress

*watches combofiends vids*

lmao @ the julia amd Ibuki ones, especially Julia's, I'm dying.

"All in all Julia's adjustments have made her a more skillful character to use"

Translation, Julia is ass.

Yea, I think she sucks now =/
But let's see, it's a new game

LakeEarth

Yay @ those King changes. I'm so glad I don't have to waste a slot to the "advanced input" gem to undo that stupid shortcut on his qcb move. And anti-airs! I might come back to this game just for King's changes alone.

Holy crap at that Julia video. The range on that one crouching kick has been reduced so much that her knee was overlapping Chun and it still whiffed.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Cool, maybe you guys will be on again when 2013 is released. Every time I play SFxTK I'm all alone online. Nobody else on my FL is playing it. ;_;

Horseress

Cool, maybe you guys will be on again when 2013 is released. Every time I play SFxTK I'm all alone online. Nobody else on my FL is playing it. ;_;

I never had much trouble to find ranked matches online, and after v2013 releases our online community will be even stronger (and the game will be more fun ^^)

Ohnonono

Vita player here, have it on console too but mostly play portable, super hype for changes! First fighting game I feel like I am starting to understand. I suck but I think I will get better.
Psn is Fizipop

Horseress

Vita player here, have it on console too but mostly play portable, super hype for changes! First fighting game I feel like I am starting to understand. I suck but I think I will get better.
Psn is Fizipop

So, welcome to fighting games! Ask us anything and we'll try to help ^^

Tizoc

I'm liking the changes for Marduk and King so far.
Really hope the game will be more on the offensive side now and we see some good damaging combos X3.

stn

They nuked all the characters I like except Yoshimitsu and Ogre. Rolento is going to suck, Akuma got options taken away in exchange for more damage, and Ryu's normals got nerfed pretty bad after seeing the changes video. And Guile also got hit pretty hard with the meter nerf (his worst nerf, in my opinion). Raven also got some of his options taken away in exchange for better normals, but that doesn't excite me.

I don't know, these changes have made all my favorite characters more boring to play. Not excited at all for this patch. Will give the game a try but I think I'll be ditching it quite soon. I feel like I HAVE to play Tekken characters now to have fun, especially after the herp derp they gave Jin, Law, and some others.

Oh, and I bet SF AA's will still trade while Tekken AA's won't. Ridiculous.

vg260

I'm weird in that I will only play characters whose designs I like. Historically they are low-tier or get nerfed like crazy.

My favs in this game are Guile, Cody, Julia, so yeah. Rough times ahead. :(

SUPARSTARX

There's a lot more punishable stuff in this game with the new version. You guys have to look past the individual nerfs for characters you play and like. It's gonna be good.

Horseress

There's a lot more punishable stuff in this game with the new version. You guys have to look past the individual nerfs for characters you play and like. It's gonna be good.

That's what I'm talking about, v2013 will be very different then vanilla, so we gotta wait (19 days...)

Skilletor

I'm weird in that I will only play characters whose designs I like. Historically they are low-tier or get nerfed like crazy.

My favs in this game are Guile, Cody, Julia, so yeah. Rough times ahead. :(

That's not weird. That's how I play. I can usually tell if I will like a character's style based on their design.

stn

Capcom sucks ass at balancing, this has been true for a while. What I dislike about this patch is that every character will now have to be played rush-down. Where's the variety?

Shouta

You mean compared to the, iron-wall pressure that's the game right now? Shit is too safe at the moment. I can't wait for the changes to come so it isn't a relentless barrage of crappy pokes.

stn

I get what you mean. But now even Guile will have to get in, know what I mean? He can sonic boom a round, sure, but he won't build any meter for it. Once his opponent gets in it'll be over for him. No meter to desperation tag, no meter to alpha counter, and so forth.

The way I interpret these changes is that some characters will just be forced to jump more now, since their ground tools are going to suck (Rolento, anyone?).

SUPARSTARX

Capcom sucks ass at balancing, this has been true for a while. What I dislike about this patch is that every character will now have to be played rush-down. Where's the variety?

You don't have to. There's still great defense you can put together.

Not to mention gem$$$$$$$$

stn

I'll probably have to stick pure meter gems on my team. Then again, I'm thinking to start using Ogre x King, I feel like its much more beneficial to play an in-your-face team. Honestly I really liked vanilla SFxT, all it really needed was the boost combo nerf, minor character changes, and a time increase.

This seems very extensive. We'll see in time...

Shouta

Ground game is going to be a lot cleaner now. Boost combos created far too much ground pressure. Regular poking will still work but you can't just go pressure using LMH and then repeat like it is at the moment. Most of the changes are along those lines, to prevent characters from being so safe and the game from running into timeouts.

Rolento was/is the model character for that. His LP got nerfed awhile back but it didn't solve the problem fully. Infiltration used it quite a bit in at the SF25 event against Seth, just jab jab, into Boost combo to keep Kuma and Law out thus winning by time out unless the opponent pressed buttons for him to do his shitty damage, lol

As for Guile, he gains more meter when you hit a SB now so it'll pay off if you force your opponent to block it. Just throwing it for meter won't be viable. That means if you want to defensively, you need to still control when you throw it so it lands, which is something you want to do normally anyway.

Westlo

*watches Ken vid*

That's my shoto

Is Ken's F.SRK still safe to tag cancel?

R.I.P Cammy's jump cancel standing hk, that was my goto shit the first week this came out lol.

SUPARSTARX

So who is predicted top tier in this game with these changes? Like top 10-ish...

Hmm rather difficult at this point, but basing off how they play now in addition to their buffs/nerfs and how much the systematic changes are... my top ten for Ver2013:

Too Good
Jin - Total package, anti airs, footsie, team synergy, very good on point and anchor positions.
Very Good
Law, Lili, Hwoarang, Nina - Great damage and mix ups with addition of anti airs buffs
Good
Sagat, Zangief, Dhalsim, Kazuya, Heihachi - Still top dogs despite nerfs, just herpy derpy players will not succeed that much with them anymore. Still possess great damage and zoning potential

DR2K

Banned
Man that Cammy stHK nerf on block is so unwarranted.

So how does the Vita version work, are the DLC codes already in the game?

SUPARSTARX

Cammy totally deserves that s.hk jc nerf. So much derpy pressure.

Poison hugo works well. A lot of the default pairings are not bad at all actually and then some are just paired for story reasons maybe.

The vita vouchers give you extra downloads for ps3. You get a set.

Top Bottom