• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

fader

I'm going back to my Kazuya/King team, since King was seemingly buffed extensively, and the nerf-hammer did not completely destroy Kazuya (though I will miss that c.lk).

I think King is gonna be a character to look out for in this version. They really went all out with him.

SUPARSTARX

I don't have a problem with AAs trading. What I do have a problem with are AAs that almost never trade and lead to 300+ combos with no bar.

*coughJURIHEIHACHIIBUKIcough*

i'm sure there are others i'm forgetting

Yeah. Dat counterhit system. Looks like right now there's either a lot of counter hit juggling off AA or just knockdowns which is great for the Tekken cast to setup Oki and pressure.

Schuhu

Neo Member
I don't have a problem with AAs trading. What I do have a problem with are AAs that almost never trade and lead to 300+ combos with no bar.

*coughJURIHEIHACHIIBUKIcough*

i'm sure there are others i'm forgetting

Your jumps must be super obvious & head-on for Ibuki's and Juri's to hit. Dunno about Hei because which crazy mind would jump on that tank.

Jonogunn

I almost always default to Gulie, but too many characters I wanna try. I'm probably going to try Lili simply because of that awesome Halloween alt. I'm a sucker for designs I like and cool-looking teams. Guile and Jack would be a pretty cool looking team though. I wish Rose was in this so I could go Dudley/Rose. That would be team class.

Guile/jack is my main team. Sad that they both got nerfed up the ass :(

Do you guys know if screen tearing/glitching is a result of the software, my PC's hardware/video card (Geforce 520 GT), or my monitor (Samsung 32" LED)?
Its kind of annoying.

Xevren

You can hear Justin and (I think) Ricky complaining on the lowered hitstun on Rufus' dive kick. "How didn't that combo!? It hit so low!"

So sad. Glad that stupid dive kick got nerfed into oblivion, hopefully Capcom stops putting them into their fighters.

Shouta

But you end up using meter for the divekick which means you lose out on the possible damage you'd get for using it in a combo with Lili. I really dislike them as well because it's usually a lot of safe pressure without quite as many risks.

Shouta

I'm pretty sure it didn't stop Ricky Ortiz from beating Infiltration at SCR with Rufus in SFxT. At least, I'm pretty sure he did.

The divekick being nerfed doesn't really stop him from having the pressure and damage he already has, it just means he doesn't get the free damage from it. Plus being able to change your jump in midair is still valuable.

Horseress

Five days left guys, GET HYPE!

I'm pretty sure it didn't stop Ricky Ortiz from beating Infiltration at SCR with Rufus in SFxT. At least, I'm pretty sure he did.

The divekick being nerfed doesn't really stop him from having the pressure and damage he already has, it just means he doesn't get the free damage from it. Plus being able to change your jump in midair is still valuable.

Divekicks are harder to connect, but they are still good. Top players love to complain, especially when something was broken and then it isn't anymore.

SUPARSTARX

But you end up using meter for the divekick which means you lose out on the possible damage you'd get for using it in a combo with Lili. I really dislike them as well because it's usually a lot of safe pressure without quite as many risks.
You'll build back a good amount of meter you started the combo off with anyway most of the time.

Super hyped for Tuesday. I need to get all my gym workouts done by Sunday and just bum indoors for the rest of the week after the patch drops.

Can't wait to expose all the chain combo frauds.

Shouta

You still gotta build it up so it's a minus for the moment though.

Anyway, I'm probably gonna learn Paul when the update hits like I was intending to do when the game released, he's looking mighty fun. Bob and Hwoarang are still on the list as well.

You still gotta build it up so it's a minus for the moment though.

Anyway, I'm probably gonna learn Paul when the update hits like I was intending to do when the game released, he's looking mighty fun. Bob and Hwoarang are still on the list as well.
i started playing again in anticipation of ver2013. picked up paul as well and he is really fun, even without the buffs yet. i think people are offput by his walkspeed that they don't even bother to try him. he reminds me a bit of motw terry, which is my fave snk game/chara.

theres too many charas i wanna play now. it'll be hard to settle with a main team when the patch drops.

Been playing a lot of SFxT on the Vita, since I won a copy in a contest.

Is good to see that Raven got some good Buffs, I don't mind the Shuriken nerf, I rarely use it, I'm more an offensive player. Juri keeps getting nerf for unnecessary reasons, but I will still play her.

Alisa and Lars have been in my characters pool and I enjoy playing both. I think Alisa is awesome, Lars is also awesome, but he does shit damage and has some weird normals. But thankfully with the buffs he got, he will do better.

And finally, I will pick up Lili again, I still think they could have done better with her, but I like her buffs, so I will definitely pick her up again. Really want to test out ver 2013, will be fun to play in teams with my partner again.

Westlo

DarҖaoZ;46872778 said:
And finally, I will pick up Lili again, I still think they could have done better with her, but I like her buffs, so I will definitely pick her up again. Really want to test out ver 2013, will be fun to play in teams with my partner again.

Could've done better with Lili? A lot of people are amazed she didn't get hit with the nerf bat...

Schuhu

Neo Member
I played a few games with players from the same country, they were all pretty good and lagfree, so i hope that they fixed everything

SUPARSTARX

Played buncha matches on SFxT PC with Europeans in Endless Lobby. No drops or skips after like 15 matches in yellow and one orange connection.

Moaradin

Were the DLC characters always in the select screen on PC? I don't remember seeing them. They are greyed out, but they must have added them in the game.

hertog

anyone gonna change their team in 2013? Im looking at Steve X Lili after seeing Infiltration play Lili, she looks really good.

EDIT: Also

XBL: eyekantspele
Locaton: Jax, FL

started with Guile/King, after that Blanka/Jack, now there is a chance I'll go with BlankA/Kuma

What's a good rush down team? I would prefer to use two Tekken characters
most tekken charas are actually rush down, so you should probably be more specific. lili and xiaoyu are pretty popular. steve if you like combos. asuka is underated. kazuya has good rush down, but is also more well rounded compared to the others. bob is supposed to be rushdown right? ive never used em or seen anyone who has. then theres hwoarang players who go for overhead 99% of the time and law players who love their ex moves.

Top Bottom