• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Skilletor

I was experiencing a ton last night when playing locally.

I don't know why it would be. I'm picking it up on ps3 tonight. I've only played PC/360 versions.

Xevren

Really liking Guy, but having awful issues with Abel. When I want change of direction I seem to get tackle and vice versa. I've always had issues using him online anyway, guess I'll just pick someone else to play with Guy when I'm online.

Really liking Guy, but having awful issues with Abel. When I want change of direction I seem to get tackle and vice versa. I've always had issues using him online anyway, guess I'll just pick someone else to play with Guy when I'm online.

Sounds like you're hitting forward, or at least its registering a forward input before you input change of direction

GrayFoxPL

Waiting for dlc sale in EU grrrrr.

Playing like always, nahahah. Timeouts still happening, but it's much better, throws are deadly.

Need to make second Paul and King team. Lol at pitiful assist gem dudes.

Waiting for dlc sale in EU grrrrr.

Playing like always, nahahah. Timeouts still happening, but it's much better, throws are deadly.

Need to make second Paul and King team. Lol at pitiful assist gem dudes.

My buddy is ranked #1 on vita and was spanking me with that team. SOOOooooo much hit stun and frame traps.

Tizoc

So about a new OT:
Are the mods OK with that? If so I'll try have one finished up by tomorrow (unless someone can make a new one for 2013 instead @_@)

SUPARSTARX

Is Kazuya's EWGF safe on block?

It's -1 on block now, but it has invincible start up.

The Hwoarang Tekken chain going into c.HK isn't a boost, it's only boost if you add tag launcher into it preemptively, otherwise you can cancel the sweep into Dynamite Heel, or cancel it and get into their face for more pressure and mix up.

I just gotta stop mashing!

SUPARSTARX

Huh. This move is now completely important in block strings and combos; thanks for the info.

It has been out since Tuesday. Time to pick it up!

Prepatch EWGF was +1 I think, but it doesn't matter if they are doing it back to back, still safe. Best to backdash and whiff punish next incoming one. Neutral jump loses sometimes because they may delay the next one which sucks cuz it's not too easily baited out with normal methods. The tip of the hit box hits high enough sometimes when they anti-air you.

Westlo

Asuka seems really good, I was getting my ken's c.mk whiff punished into like 400izh dmg combos...

Lost to this asuka/jin team with my ken/Cammy like 10 times in a row after winning the first fight. Switch to ken and Julia who I don't play at all and won lol, her c.lk still seems really damn good.

Throw change is massive in thus version, the first tro nights of 2013 I probably played about 6 hours all up. Would've easily landed and teched more Throws In that period of time then the 30 odd hours I put into the o.g version.

Loving 2013 so far, was pretty disappointed in the original though I never hated it and thought the hate the game got was a lot of bullshit. Especially from kof 13 fans, acting like 12 wasn't complete fucking garbage.

I decided to give this game another try now that the patch is out, although I always liked the game to some extend. I used Jin/Hwaorang, and I still seem to have the muscle memory for Jin...but I completely forgot everything about Hwaorang. Any tips? D:

Degen

trying to get back into it but it might have to be offline VS only with this netcode... guess I got spoiled by the other games

I do like the gameplay a lot more now though

Horseress

Man, I'm loving my Dudley/Law team, Law is so godlike now that he has an anti-air! Just have to find some damaging pandora setups, and I'm ready to go!
v2013 <3

SUPARSTARX

Man, I'm loving my Dudley/Law team, Law is so godlike now that he has an anti-air! Just have to find some damaging pandora setups, and I'm ready to go!
v2013 <3

Law's MP Fury Fist is ez mode pandora setup. Hit confirm into MP Fury Fist with Law, pandora, c.MP xx Super.

SUPARSTARX

Nevermind scratch the c.HK xx Dynamite Heel cancel, MP~MP~LP Dynamite cancel is better for pressure, it puts Hwoarang as -1, c.HK cancel is punishable, just tested it.

Law's s.HP xx SSK CADC is about -1 to -2

FSLink

Banned
Probably bad timing for starting to play this again considering I like using Cody/Jack X and was unaware they were pretty godlike before this patch.
Oh well. At least Jack X still looks pretty good but ouch at the c.LK nerf for Cody. Is this team still viable?

Shouta

Normal price is 20.

Both Jack X and Cody should be viable as long as you aren't a crazy that spams attacks over and over. Both are pretty dangerous still when played like they're supposed to.

ezekial45

Banned
The recent Ask Capcom stream brought up the PC version.

They said they're working on getting it up to date, but complications with the MS has made things difficult.

Played a few matches with my friend last night, it's a lot better now since the damage output was increased and they don't heal so fast. I approve what I've played so far and I need to start practicing again.

def sim

Prepatch EWGF was +1 I think, but it doesn't matter if they are doing it back to back, still safe. Best to backdash and whiff punish next incoming one. Neutral jump loses sometimes because they may delay the next one which sucks cuz it's not too easily baited out with normal methods. The tip of the hit box hits high enough sometimes when they anti-air you.

I think there's been a misunderstanding, I play Kazuya and Bison or Vega*. Nice to read how people will react to a blocked EWGF, though. I don't know the frame data in this game but, IIRC, jabs and shorts are much slower in this game. I also noticed that people like to press buttons after a blocked scissors kick. Is it not as safe as in SF4?

*In this game it feels like he's a better version of Bison. :(

FSLink

Banned
Normal price is 20.

Both Jack X and Cody should be viable as long as you aren't a crazy that spams attacks over and over. Both are pretty dangerous still when played like they're supposed to.

Awesome. Just feels weird since one of Cody's best poking tools in AE and Alpha 3 was c.LK. Oh well, I'll adjust. 5 frames isn't that bad anyway compared to other character's normals.

I haven't had a chance to try out 2013 yet, but I was wondering how everyone's experience with time outs has been. Have people who have played it a bit noticed a reduction in time outs? How drastic?

I was a bit disappointed with SFxT when it came out and didn't bother with the DLC, but I'm liking the sound of a lot of the changes they made. Thinking about getting back into it.

Nevermind scratch the c.HK xx Dynamite Heel cancel, MP~MP~LP Dynamite cancel is better for pressure, it puts Hwoarang as -1, c.HK cancel is punishable, just tested it.

Law's s.HP xx SSK CADC is about -1 to -2

I'm not really sure what you're talking about. The last chain you posted, if you cancel into cr. HK, you can't cancel to dynamite heel....at all. In order to do that, you'd have to "link" the cr. HK after the tekken chain, which would mean stance canceling, then crouch canceling, and it wont link, but yea.

Generally, ending a block string is always best with dynamite heel. If you wanted safe pressure, it's much better to do s.LK, s.MK , lp dynamite from Flamenco stance. It keeps you close to the opponent and is +1 I believe

Went from 20,100 bp down to 19,480 last night :(. Stupid new team and terrible lag. Really hurts losing 120 points in one loss

vg260

Normal price is 20.

Isn't Cody's LK much worse now than a lot of other characters' LKs though?

Paul Phoenix is gonna fuck up your shit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yAgdiXLp5Lc
400 damage with no meter? Paul can make a great battery, and if one can do quick tags properly, they can get thier other character for a little extra damage and then work off a knockdown.

400 damage with no meter is good, but there are a lot of tekken characters that can do that. I think what makes Paul good in this game is his low risk, high reward moves that are almost impossible to punish online

kirblar

Is Pandora actually useful now? I've watched tons of spooby streams and the like, and never seen anyone use it.
Pandora's not something that'll be seen often, because you really, really need a good setup for it, but if you pull it off, it's going to deal massive damage. (And be very hype.)

Top Bottom