• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Shouta

I'm pretty sure it doesn't permanently reset but it may give you a bit of leeway. You don't want to go for super long combos normally anyway as they just start doing no damage because of scaling and all it does is eats up time.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm pretty sure it doesn't permanently reset but it may give you a bit of leeway. You don't want to go for super long combos normally anyway as they just start doing no damage because of scaling and all it does is eats up time.

Shouta we need to play again :D

Tizoc

Did Japan not get the 2013 update? Been trying to find some Japanese or High level SFxT matches but couldn't find many =/

Anybody have basic tips for alisa? I want to learn some dlc characters outside of sakura and dudley (tho I don't like sfxt/sf4 dudley. Maybe christie as well who knows.

Between Ryu and Ken, Ryu is much easier to use. The only problem I have with Ken is doing combos like cr.lp - cr.lp - cr.mk - tatsumaki. I can't seem to link his cr.mk after doing his second cr.lp. I can do that combo with Ryu.

Anybody have basic tips for alisa? I want to learn some dlc characters outside of sakura and dudley (tho I don't like sfxt/sf4 dudley. Maybe christie as well who knows.

Alisa is not an easy character to give tips, because you need to use all her moves. I think I use like 4 special moves in one combos to do 400-ish damage. So my main tip would be, learn all her moves and be sure to know how to use them all. Also use her Chainsaws to keep you opponent in blockstun. s.MK > s.MP is your best way to get into a combo from non-chainsaw to chainsaw mode.

Jonogunn

I need some paul tips. very few paul 2013 videos out right now. i can't find a way to get in and when i do i dunno how to apply pressure

DarҖaoZ;47236567 said:
Alisa is not an easy character to give tips, because you need to use all her moves. I think I use like 4 special moves in one combos to do 400-ish damage. So my main tip would be, learn all her moves and be sure to know how to use them all. Also use her Chainsaws to keep you opponent in blockstun. s.MK > s.MP is your best way to get into a combo from non-chainsaw to chainsaw mode.

Any videos in particular? I just need to see what is doable and I can go from there. Alisa isn't popular enough on stream so that I could just passively download.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ok, christie has the best c.HP AA I'm never fucking with that shit again lol

Edit: One thing I noticed most people online really don't know how to spend meter at all :lol

Man, I haven't read my messages in the Vita for some days. I didn't notice someone send me a rage message.

And yeah, after seen the opponents I fought, he was from SFxT. I only play on the Vita solo, usually I play on the PS3 with a friend for teams.

2j4Y32B.jpg

Man, the salt is strong in this one. lol

First time someone BLOCKS me from PSN for beating then. Never seen that one happening.

Felt like sharing it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
DarҖaoZ;47239340 said:
Man, I haven't read my messages in the Vita for some days. I didn't notice someone send me a rage message.

And yeah, after seen the opponents I fought, he was from SFxT. I only play on the Vita solo, usually I play on the PS3 with a friend for teams.

First time someone BLOCKS me from PSN for beating then. Never seen that one happening.

Felt like sharing it.

HAHAHA Grats :D

HAHAHA Grats :D

lol Thanks!

Well at least that is not as bad as having some guys screaming racial slurs for talking Spanish while playing teams with my teammate. Such a unpleasant situation. =/

Me and my Friend beat those guys badly, but man, those things are unnecessary.

Tizoc

Ok, christie has the best c.HP AA I'm never fucking with that shit again lol

Edit: One thing I noticed most people online really don't know how to spend meter at all :lol

Ya know that's something that is worth discussing: How should one use meter in this game?
Many characters are able to do near 400 damage without meter, and certain combos do as much damage with 1 stock of meter as without. In this case, should meter be saved for quick tags, guard break and Supers? Granted meter usage is character dependant, but if a player can land another damaging combo off a knockdown, they'd be building a good deal of meter, but what would they spend it on?

Schuhu

Neo Member
Ya know that's something that is worth discussing: How should one use meter in this game?
Many characters are able to do near 400 damage without meter, and certain combos do as much damage with 1 stock of meter as without. In this case, should meter be saved for quick tags, guard break and Supers? Granted meter usage is character dependant, but if a player can land another damaging combo off a knockdown, they'd be building a good deal of meter, but what would they spend it on?

ex.Hunting Hawk all day of course~ Hwoarang wont get anywhere near 400 dmg without spending meter on that.

But you're right, I'm trying to have at least one bar left to get out of situations.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
DarҖaoZ;47239340 said:

Felt like sharing it.

D4PUY5N.png

"You've become part of a bigger universe. You just don't know it yet."

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
DarҖaoZ;47239340 said:

Felt like sharing it.

LOL awesome. I got a great message recently that I need to post here too.

Speaking of the Vita version, one time I played a match against a guy with a mic who kept shit-talking the entire time. He got really pissed off when I would throw him after rolling, but he just kept on rolling so I kept right on throwing him. "You're playing this game on a shitty Vita cuz you can't afford a PS3 hahahahaha!!" I lol'd.

Skilletor

LOL awesome. I got a great message recently that I need to post here too.

Speaking of the Vita version, one time I played a match against a guy with a mic who kept shit-talking the entire time. He got really pissed off when I would throw him after rolling, but he just kept on rolling so I kept right on throwing him. "You're playing this game on a shitty Vita cuz you can't afford a PS3 hahahahaha!!" I lol'd.

lol.

I love the people who just try to abuse boost combos. Fought two people and that was all they did, so I just blocked and punished. They both dropped after the first round.

depends on the chara and the situation. i like to use meter to get in and to get out. poison's ex lmt is a great tool to get in, and her switch cancel dp is still a decent way to get out. hugo has no reversal especially since the nerfed the armour on his lariat, so its ex moonsault or cross counter. as for getting in, i like to switch cancel his unsafe overheads. i mostly only super if it will kill or guarantee a significant life lead if the clock is running out.

asuka has pretty terrible ex moves and a pretty terrible super. i'll throw out a reversal ex dp ocassionally since it got buffed. but mostly with her i'll do a switch cancel combo only to tag out or if the extra dmg will kill. otherwise 400dmg solo meterless is good enough. paul also hurts meterless, but unlike asuka his ex moves and super are still really good. prepatch, he relied pretty heavily on his cross counter, but not so much anymore now that he has reversal and aa. i still use it tho because i find his to be particularly good.

overall, i still think cross counters are under utilized. many charas don't need them so they don't use him. but spending 1 bar to transition from defense to offense in a relatively safe way is worth it for me.

ssf4evo started to upload some 2013 japanese online matches

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgDRjULdsnQ
is "o Wolfkrone o" the real wolfkrone?

The best thing about Tekken characters is that they can combo from overheads, stuff that most SF cast cant. In my opinion them not having good ground normal anti-airs was ok in my book, but now that they have... its just unfair for the SF cast.

DarҖaoZ;47239340 said:

Felt like sharing it.
Holy shit. Yeah, he's a winner indeed.

DarҖaoZ;47256751 said:
The best thing about Tekken characters is that they can combo from overheads, stuff that most SF cast cant. In my opinion them not having good ground normal anti-airs was ok in my book, but now that they have... its just unfair for the SF cast.
i kinda agree. i don't think it's the best thing but it's certainly an advantage. tekken strings are also very strong. jab nerf and boost combo nerf has no effect on tekken strings. fireball game is weaker without meter gains, which again is biased against sf.

that being said, i still think it's pretty close between sf and tekken. the chara balance is really good in this and i can't even begin to pick a top 3.

even tho they nerfed ibuki's anti-air and she still has no reversal, i still feel she's fairly strong. she's one of the few sf charas with useful target combos (essentially a tekken string) and consequentially one of the last sf charas that can jump cancel on block. i know some people gave her up for charas like asuka and lili, but ibuki still has good normals even tho they were nerfed. tbh, the only reason i play asuka (other than chara loyalty) is that her dmg is ridiculous. i might go back to ibuki though, because honestly shes just more fun to play.

i don't even know why she was nerfed either. charas like rolento, hugo, gief, ryu, etc got the spotlight in vanilla. it seems to me like she should've went under the radar, but that was clearly not the case with all the nerfs she got.

i kinda agree. i don't think it's the best thing but it's certainly an advantage. tekken strings are also very strong. jab nerf and boost combo nerf has no effect on tekken strings. fireball game is weaker without meter gains, which again is biased against sf.

that being said, i still think it's pretty close between sf and tekken. the chara balance is really good in this and i can't even begin to pick a top 3.

even tho they nerfed ibuki's anti-air and she still has no reversal, i still feel she's fairly strong. she's one of the few sf charas with useful target combos (essentially a tekken string) and consequentially one of the last sf charas that can jump cancel on block. i know some people gave her up for charas like asuka and lili, but ibuki still has good normals even tho they were nerfed. tbh, the only reason i play asuka (other than chara loyalty) is that her dmg is ridiculous. i might go back to ibuki though, because honestly shes just more fun to play.

i don't even know why she was nerfed either. charas like rolento, hugo, gief, ryu, etc got the spotlight in vanilla. it seems to me like she should've went under the radar, but that was clearly not the case with all the nerfs she got.

To be honest, I haven't fought any Ibukis at all. I got to 10,000 BP in the PS3 and I'm at 5000 BP on the Vita. Never seen a Ibuki, so I don't know how dangerious she was. But when I read the nerfs, it looked a bit exagerated.

For example, my original team was Raven and Juri. Juri got nerfed in many thing that were unnecessary, they took away all her good stuff and now she is way more straight forward. Which is lame. But Raven in the other hand, even though he doesn't have his jump back fireball (which was usefull for defensive players) and he couldn't do several c.HP loops. He is still a great character, I play him offensively and losing that back shrunken wasn't a problem for me. Heck, even without the repetive c.HP loop he still did 371. But now with the extra hit from the Alter Ego he got back to 400-ish damage.

Some of the balance decision are weird IMO. I would wish Capcom wouldn't change the characters "gameplan" and just tone down damage. Of course, the jabs was universal, so that is fine.

Schuhu

Neo Member
DarҖaoZ;47260207 said:
To be honest, I haven't fought any Ibukis at all. I got to 10,000 BP in the PS3 and I'm at 5000 BP on the Vita. Never seen a Ibuki, so I don't know how dangerious she was. But when I read the nerfs, it looked a bit exagerated.

I'm playing Ibuki @B+ to A on xbl&PC and you already mentioned the one big thing she has going for her: No one knows what she can do, so you can hit fancy stuff (olol dash mixups).

But once you meet players who are familiar with her game it's pretty much over, Alpha counter&reversals (She has holes in her pressure) and punished overheads all day.

I'm playing Ibuki @B+ to A on xbl&PC and you already mentioned the one big thing she has going for her: No one knows what she can do, so you can hit fancy stuff (olol dash mixups).

But once you meet players who are familiar with her game it's pretty much over, Alpha counter&reversals (She has holes in her pressure) and punished overheads all day.

Yeah, her overhead now is easy to punish for what I saw in the changes. Yet for most Tekken characters they are safe in the most part... the balancing in SFxT confuses me sometimes. =/

Schuhu

Neo Member
DarҖaoZ;47261729 said:
Yeah, her overhead now is easy to punish for what I saw in the changes. Yet for most Tekken characters they are safe in the most part... the balancing in SFxT confuses me sometimes. =/

Nah, her overhead was always -4 on block, I don't think (I hope?) they changed that for the worse. What they did hit with the nerf bat was the Tsmumji kicks (the spin kicks) frame data, now all unsafe (-3) on block makes her holey pressure even more..... holey. Durp. And now that everyone gets a good AA, Ibuki's doesn't seem so special anymore.

But I can cancel my Ex.Kunais into another Ex.kunai now, what is better than spending 2 bars for some projectiles)

Nah, her overhead was always -4 on block, I don't think (I hope?) they changed that for the worse. What they did hit with the nerf bat was the Tsmumji kicks (the spin kicks) frame data, now all unsafe (-3) on block makes her holey pressure even more..... holey. Durp. And now that everyone gets a good AA, Ibuki's doesn't seem so special anymore.

But I can cancel my Ex.Kunais into another Ex.kunai now, what is better than spending 2 bars for some projectiles)

Well I saw in the video that her overhead kick is not punishable on block, unlike before. Don't quote me on that, but that is what it said in the video. =/

But I know your feeling, Juri only safe attack is her qcf+P(hold), her spinning wheel used to be safe up to MK ver, but now only LK ver is to some way, I think its 0 frames now on block and hit.

But yeah, an unnecessary change IMO, so I feel you man. lol

I ran into pr balrog's dudley/paul on 360 ranked. Dudley seems to be stupid good since you're going to be stuck blocking due to his fast jab and unpunishable machine gun punches. Being able to overhead into big combo is also really good. Paul is just really solid for adding damage to combos and then tagging the point character back in. I think against that team you need a good fireball character or someone that can keep dudley on defense.

On another note I don't see how kazuya is viable at all anymore with the loss of invincibility on his qcb+p move.

kirblar

Paul's reminding me of Kim from KOFXIII (specifically, how MadKOF used him at EVO even though he didn't know the HD combos.) Lots of good specials/reversals, simple combos, solid damage, especially off of the DP.

rocK`

Banned
DarҖaoZ;47256751 said:

Yeah. Some of Hworang (?) and Law's stuff is some shit.

Elena looks the closest.

I swear, whoever christie/elena's me will get the rage quit they deserve.

Top Bottom